Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Where The Beautiful Ones Lie - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Where The Beautiful Ones Lie (1702 Views)

Meaning Of The saying" The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born" / How Will The Beautiful Ones Remain Unborn While The Ugly Ones Refuse To Die. / The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where The Beautiful Ones Lie by Viante(f): 4:40pm On May 01, 2008
It is a place called Orovme, a land where peace reigns they say. I had journeyed so far and I knew this had to be the very place. I felt it in my heart.

My name is Ertumeh, the last one of the Unemoh tribe from the Northeast of Naiga. The Unemohs being very proud people had only married within and were sacrified to the gods in a battle with the much greater tribes, I had been adopted at an early age by one of the warriors of Rughelli, because they had seen my star and it was very glorious The Rughelli had ravaged my tribe. When I had reached the age of Wisdom, I had been arranged to marry a daughter of the chief advisor to the Twose, King of Rughelli but I ran away before the crack of dawn, just 300 full moons old, I couldn’t take it anymore, I had known this time would come, the time I would have to seek the peace for my tribe.

The Rughellis had never really feared this, their soothsayers gave them little reason to though they believed I would only possess distant memories as in a long forgotten dream. They had fed me with various lies, but the truth of what had been was revealed to me by the gracious gods, Atpase and Werurn guardians of the human stream.

I have traveled across the lands through the great plains of Akpole and the hills of Ushi.
I have finally come to the place I can call home. It is a land where every weary traveler can rest his feet, where every troubled soul can gain some peace.

The path to the land as I looked around was just as beautiful as the name, lush green vegetation as far as the eyes could see, every creature I came across looked healthy, the fruits I picked to quench my hunger were the sweetest I had ever tasted. The path way was of red dust, the one my people would call Fumo, it was rich in good things, and they said it is what the gods used to build their abode.

Surely I was at the best place I could be, Orovme, Orovme such sweetness, such splendor!!

The sun was already going down as I turned into a trail where I could see the signs of human settlement, I wanted to stay back in the woods, sit atop a hill and watch the sun take its bow, definitely the most stunning sunset I had ever seen. But I knew I couldn’t because where the beautiful ones lay was more dangerous than the mouth of a cobra.

Peace I sought, Peace I found as I stepped into the town, everything was different it was special , I cannot explain it, I was beckoned to the great doors of the temple, I needed to make my request before the sun went down or I would be taken by the beautiful ones, finding only peace for myself.

I felt the weight of the creeping shadows; it came gradually like in slow motion, the realization, the surrender. I knew I wasn’t fast enough, I shouldn’t have stopped to eat those glistening fruit, i should have tried harder. I couldn’t weep as the dark finally flooded the town and the beautiful ones swept me in their arms and took me to the land that is truely Orovme, where the beautiful ones lay.

(1) (Reply)

The Scheduled Date For WAEC 2017 / Godman Quotes*** Gods And Demons *** / Sex On The Mountain(18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.