Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. (9068 Views)

I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture / 5 Reasons Why Couples Should Travel Together / Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 1:28am On Jun 04, 2013
1) Stability..Abroad, especially in the U.S, everything is stable: light, government, job etc. You will never

have to worry about losing business or money because NEPA unceremoniously cut the light on your behind. Military coupe?

nope...peaceful democratic elections? every four years, that is what you get. You will never have to worry about

military taking over or the other parties threatening to make the country ungovernable because they lost....

2)Standard of living and the value for human life..When it comes to standard of living and value for human life,

Africa is still a good 100-years behind the developed world. last year in my area..3 young adults were sentence to six

years in prison for tying up a dog and burning his face off...yes six years in prison for burning a dog not human.

..In 2012, four handsome young adults "Oluu 4," were beating mercilessly and burnt alive because they were

accused of stealing. These young adults were never tried and convicted, they were simply accused and killed by the

mob. I believe i don't have to show the video of what happened to these young men...in the U.S, you would never have to

worry about this barbaric crap..this brings me to my next point..

3)Rule of law, and they are enforced. Mr John Yusuf admitted to stealing N2bn from the Nigerian police pension

system after he was caught. But for his effort, Justice Abubakar Talba gave him an option of fine in the sum of

N750,000 or two years in prison. But on the other hand, a man was sentence to 45 years in prison for stealing governor

Governor Aregbesola’s cell phone. see that? Mr Rod Blagojevich, the former governor of Illinois, was found

guilty of attempting to sell president Obama's vacated senate seat. He is now cooling off in federal prison with a 14

year prison term. see the difference?

4)Your opportunities are endless...some people like to say if you can make it in the U.S, you can make it in

Nigeria; but that is a load of crap. The funny thing is most of the people saying this have never stepped foot

in the U.S. In the United States, if you are born into a low income family, your eduction from elementary till you

finish college is courtesy of the federal government. There are so many social programs available to help poor or

homeless people: unemployment check if you get laid off, state job training programs, financial aid if you want to go to

school, social security for elderly people, and if you get injured and cant work, the government will pay you

disability.
There are countless of low wage jobs that you can do while looking for better jobs: McDonald, KFC, burger

king, jack in the box, home depot, lows, walmart etc. I've been to MacDonalds where the cashier didn't speak English at

all so a Nigerian accent wont hinder you from these jobs while you look for others. so just because you make it in the

U.S does not mean you will make it in Nigeria at all..so i wouldn't suggest you leave your job in the U.S and run to

Nigeria because you think you will make it...and just because you failed abroad doesnt mean you cant make it in Nigeria

either. For example, James Ibori was a thief in the U.K, but went to Nigeria and became the governor of the state...see

how that works?

5) roads, infrastructure, building codes that are enforced...All the galloping and bouncing up and down you are

used to in Nigeria, forget about them. In the U.S, no matter where you go, the road are smooth and pot holes are few

and far in between. In fact, if you see a pot hole, just report it to the local authorities, and most of the time they

will take care of it within a month. If you get sick or you get hurt, just go to your local hospital and they will never

turn you away. After they fix you, if you don't have money pay, they will not hold you; they will just tell you 'ok we

will send the bill to you in the mail' and you are free to go. Collapsing building? forget about em. The building

codes are strictly enforced, the only thing that can bring them down are hurricanes and storms.

So if you ever get the chance to go to the U.S, don't let anyone tell you not to go; especially if that person is there. These same people will be asking you for money in the future....

@Justwise
take this thing to the frontpage...few threads in this section ever makes front page....

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 3:31am On Jun 04, 2013
U r right.what about d children? Endless opportunities to explore diff pro.even ghana is better.at least electricity is stable.
Thanks op
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by texaco1: 3:33am On Jun 04, 2013
op,have u ever traveled abroad or are u there now?pls i will like to know
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 3:38am On Jun 04, 2013
texaco1: op,have u ever traveled abroad or are u there now?pls i will like to know

Yes.. am abroad...whats up?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 3:42am On Jun 04, 2013
yellowpawpaw: U r right.what about d children? Endless opportunities to explore diff pro.even ghana is better.at least electricity is stable.
Thanks op

This travel section is filled with people telling other people to just stay home stay in Nigeria you can make it...when they dont have any idea what they are talking about.....it makes me sick....The truth is..if a person from makoko slums comes to the U.S..he will make it... only a lazy human being will not make it there....

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 5:02am On Jun 04, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

This travel section is filled with people telling other people to just stay home stay in Nigeria you can make it...when they dont have any idea what they are talking about.....it makes me sick....The truth is..if a person from makoko slums comes to the U.S..he will make it... only a lazy human being will not make it there....

Indeed
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Originalsly: 7:28am On Jun 04, 2013
If everybody travels abroad for greener pastures who will be left to develop the country? US always had and continue to have problems but they stand firm and find a way to have them fixed instead of running away to greener pastures.Don't get me wrong...I fully agree that everyone should grab the opportunity to legally visit the US....it will serve as a mind opener.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 04, 2013
Originalsly: If everybody travels abroad for greener pastures who will be left to develop the country? US always had and continue to have problems but they stand firm and find a way to have them fixed instead of running away to greener pastures.Don't get me wrong...I fully agree that everyone should grab the opportunity to legally visit the US....it will serve as a mind opener.

I can understand you point..but keep in mind that humans have been migrating since the beginning of time....from africa to the middle east to asia.etc...so am sure Nigeria will be ok....

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Gbenge77(m): 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

I can understand you point..but keep in mind that humans have been migrating since the beginning of time....from africa to the middle east to asia.etc...so am sure Nigeria will be ok....
Having graduated with a degree in Chemical Eng from a Nigerian Uni,I ended up in the marketing dept of a bank.And when the opportunity to relocate to the US surfaced,some top notch bank officials advised against it,arguing that I was better off with my bank job,rather than relocate to the US,where they reckon immigrants are worse off.Of course I ignored them and made the move,and several years down the line,It turns out I made a fantasic decision.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by samtoye(m): 8:25pm On Jun 04, 2013
I am baffled most times when i read write-ups like this and I laugh silently, the "grass is greener at the other side of the fence" mentality is more of a weakness than strength. Every country have their own challenges and there is no paradise anywhere, I wont blame you if you don't agree with me cos i would have also doubted "me" at a point in my life.

If you have a LEGAL opportunity to MIGRATE to these countries do so but if you have a successful life in Nigeria and you think you can better it by going to these foreign countries then you "may" be misinformed.

The first step of success in life is to first win the battles on your turf before attempting war in strange lands,there is so much to say but I'll keep it short according to "Law 4" - Say Less then necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by texaco1: 8:47pm On Jun 04, 2013
samtoye: I am baffled most times when i read write-ups like this and I laugh silently, the "grass is greener at the other side of the fence" mentality is more of a weakness than strength. Every country have their own challenges and there is no paradise anywhere, I wont blame you if you don't agree with me cos i would have also doubted "me" at a point in my life.

If you have a LEGAL opportunity to MIGRATE to these countries do so but if you have a successful life in Nigeria and you think you can better it by going to these foreign countries then you "may" be misinformed.

The first step of success in life is to first win the battles on your turf before attempting war in strange lands,there is so much to say but I'll keep it short according to "Law 4" - Say Less then necessary.

my brother no need arguing with people here , as u have seen people are ignoring the thread. grin grin
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2013
samtoye: I am baffled most times when i read write-ups like this and I laugh silently, the "grass is greener at the other side of the fence" mentality is more of a weakness than strength. Every country have their own challenges and there is no paradise anywhere, I wont blame you if you don't agree with me cos i would have also doubted "me" at a point in my life.

what is your definition of successful life in Nigeria?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 04, 2013
texaco1:
my brother no need arguing with people here , as u have seen people are ignoring the thread. grin grin

of course people on this section are ignoring it...because they cant stand people going abroad for better life...just look at all the post in this section and you will see.....the truth is hard to take sometimes...
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by samtoye(m): 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2013
Law 9 - "Win through your actions, never through an argument".

@OP, I have given you my 2cents advice from experience, don't be deceived; a lizard does not become a crocodile by virtue that it has relocated itself from the house to the river. The economic environment has never been a limiting factor to those that have success in them or are determined to succeed.

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody (or something) else"- John Burroughs

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by justwise(m): 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

of course people on this section are ignoring it...because they cant stand people going abroad for better life...just look at all the post in this section and you will see.....the truth is hard to take sometimes...

What exactly do you mean by people in this section can't stand others going abroad?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 04, 2013
justwise:

What exactly do you mean by people in this section can't stand others going abroad?

Oh justwise you know what i mean..

you and your gang spreading propaganda around in this section trying to discourage people from going abroad.....is this why you became the mod in this section? so you can spread your propaganda unchecked? you and I know if i titled this thread...... Reasons why you should not go abroad for greener pastures ...it would make front page in minutes.....dont pretend like you dont know that there is a biased against post supporting people who want to live abroad in this section....am I wrong?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by justwise(m): 11:52pm On Jun 04, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Oh justwise you know what i mean..

you and your gang spreading propaganda around in this section trying to discourage people from going abroad.....is this why you became the mod in this section? so you can spread your propaganda unchecked? you and I know if i titled this thread...... Reasons why you should not go abroad for greener pastures ...it would make front page in minutes.....dont pretend like you dont know that there is a biased against post supporting people who want to live abroad in this section....am I wrong?

Seriously there is something fundamentally wrong with you, its either you are naturally deluded or you are an attention seeker.

I have spent more than 3yrs here helping people secure all sorts of visas for their travels, why would i stop people from traveling? All the threads in this section were started purely to help people secure visas, so how are we discouraging them?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 04, 2013
justwise:

Seriously there is something fundamentally wrong with you, its either you are naturally deluded or you are an attention seeker.

I have spent more than 3yrs here helping people secure all sorts of visas for their travels, why would i stop people from traveling? All the threads in this section were started purely to help people secure visas, so how are we discouraging them?

grin grin grin grin

Guys will argue over anything on NL grin
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 05, 2013
justwise:

I have spent more than 3yrs here helping people secure all sorts of visas for their travels, why would stop people from traveling? All the threads in this section were started purely to help people secure visas, so how are we discouraging them?

am not gonna stoop to your level and start insulting you because i know how hyper sensitive you can be........and i wont let you derail this thread either.....we can debate this in the complaint section...
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by engrksa(m): 7:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
mr knowitall, u must have been suffering in Nigeria before travelling abroad. I wont why people get amazed with going abroad. I have seen everything here. high level of immorality, u see beggars on road, they discriminate u. abroad is only good for tourism & holidays.
Justwise, I appreciate your good work. leave the dude. I am sure he is from the ghetto dats y he was tripped with usa.
every country has their challenges. u talk abt securities, where were they b4 boston bombing? u seems to be a reactive person and people like u will see travelling abroad as an escape route to riches.
I am sure its either u win visa lottery or u went to visit n decided to stay put or u went to study n refuse to come back home or arranged marriage. I sorry for ur life grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 05, 2013
Justwise

Lol grin grin grin

It time everyone should ignore this Attention seeker, Mrknowitall my foot
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 05, 2013
dahonestboss: Justwise

It time everyone should ignore this Attention seeker, Mrknowitall my foot

Mrknowitall your foot? explain...
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 05, 2013
engrksa: mr knowitall, u must have been suffering in Nigeria before travelling abroad. I wont why people get amazed with going abroad. I have seen everything here. high level of immorality, u see beggars on road, they discriminate u. abroad is only good for tourism & holidays.
Justwise, I appreciate your good work. leave the dude. I am sure he is from the ghetto dats y he was tripped with usa.
every country has their challenges. u talk abt securities, where were they b4 boston bombing? u seems to be a reactive person and people like u will see travelling abroad as an escape route to riches.
I am sure its either u win visa lottery or u went to visit n decided to stay put or u went to study n refuse to come back home or arranged marriage. I sorry for ur life grin grin

Do you live in Nigeria?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by GoldCircle: 11:14pm On Jun 05, 2013
@op, you are not well.

Thank you,
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 05, 2013
GoldCircle: @op, you are not well.

Thank you,

See hate grin
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

See hate grin

grin grin
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
GoldCircle: @op, you are not well.

Thank you,

@ Goldcircle

I am well.

Thank you.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by oncolor1: 1:46am On Jun 06, 2013
@OP, You have a point but the way you are going about it is wrong. Without going into much details, there are several ways your argument can be countered. For example, many blacks have lost their lives due to attacks by racist whites which could be random. A black man who was looking for a ride was tied to the back of a truck and dragged several miles till he was decapitated. I can't count the number of girls and women and even boys who have been raped, murdered and dumped in some bush or alley. If you are in the U.S, you will surely have heard of all these crimes.

In cities such as Chicago, Detroit, New York etc even kids fear for their life when going to school in certain areas of town and you as an outsider dare not step into some zones or you will not live to tell the tale. In 2012 there were 500 murders in Chicago alone, 435 caused by guns while Detroit had 386 homicides and New York had 414 murders. Now these are murders alone is just 3 cities; robberies, rape, carjackings etc etc are not included.

When you talk of rule of law, that is true generally but remember that the highest bidder usually carries the day in western justice. If you are rich and can afford a top lawyer you can get away with most crimes or with minor punishment compared to the average man who will face the full wrath of the law. Don't forget the fact that as a black man also you are presumed guilty by default while the white man is given the benefit of doubt.

I could go on and on....all am trying to say is no place is utopia, there are problems here we don't see in Nigeria while there are lots of problems in Nigeria we don't have here, off course everyone knows that it is generally better in the western world than in Nigeria but that does not mean everyone should leave Nigeria because many are making it in Nigeria as well. The richest black man in the world is from Nigeria, why not the U.S? if he had taken your advice to leave Nigeria when he was young do you think he would be the richest black man?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 4:50am On Jun 06, 2013
oncolor1: @OP, You have a point but the way you are going about it is wrong. Without going into much details, there are several ways your argument can be countered. For example, many blacks have lost their lives due to attacks by racist whites which could be random. A black man who was looking for a ride was tied to the back of a truck and dragged several miles till he was decapitated. I can't count the number of girls and women and even boys who have been raped, murdered and dumped in some bush or alley. If you are in the U.S, you will surely have heard of all these crimes.

In cities such as Chicago, Detroit, New York etc even kids fear for their life when going to school in certain areas of town and you as an outsider dare not step into some zones or you will not live to tell the tale. In 2012 there were 500 murders in Chicago alone, 435 caused by guns while Detroit had 386 homicides and New York had 414 murders. Now these are murders alone is just 3 cities; robberies, rape, carjackings etc etc are not included.

When you talk of rule of law, that is true generally but remember that the highest bidder usually carries the day in western justice. If you are rich and can afford a top lawyer you can get away with most crimes or with minor punishment compared to the average man who will face the full wrath of the law. Don't forget the fact that as a black man also you are presumed guilty by default while the white man is given the benefit of doubt.

I could go on and on....all am trying to say is no place is utopia, there are problems here we don't see in Nigeria while there are lots of problems in Nigeria we don't have here, off course everyone knows that it is generally better in the western world than in Nigeria but that does not mean everyone should leave Nigeria because many are making it in Nigeria as well. The richest black man in the world is from Nigeria, why not the U.S? if he had taken your advice to leave Nigeria when he was young do you think he would be the richest black man?

I want to thank you for critically analyzing my post and making your comments based on facts and not personal sentiments and biases like others do.

Your argument is air tight..but i have this to say....The United States is a country of 310million + people...so something of that nature is bound to happen with that many people living in the country. However..it is very rear..have you heard of another dragging incident after that one?

We both can agree that the United States justice system is not perfect and needs some upgrading....but look at it like this...if you are an innocent man charge with murder...which justice system would you rather go through: Nigeria? or the U.S. will police in Nigeria even bother to look for evidence?

And when it comes to Dangote....one could make the argument that he would have been rich no matter where he was born or raised....you can argues that if dangote was born in China he would have been a Chinese billionaire....and maybe if he moved to the U.S he would have been richer than bill gates? that argument could be made right?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Gbenge77(m): 6:05am On Jun 06, 2013
engrksa: mr knowitall, u must have been suffering in Nigeria before travelling abroad. I wont why people get amazed with going abroad. I have seen everything here. high level of immorality, u see beggars on road, they discriminate u. abroad is only good for tourism & holidays.
For your money,Winning the DV LOTTERY is a crime?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 06, 2013
Living in nigeria is not in my agenda for now.....not with the good life I and my kids are enjoying here. I visit home from time to time but living there or relocating there?? No way

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Abuja-kaduna Train Records 900,000 Passengers In 2 Years" - NRC / Two Nairalanders went to Ibeshe Beach Satellite Town,Lagos #pics+vid / Only Lagos, Abuja Airports Profitable, Sustain Others – FAAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.