Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death (13676 Views)

Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman / New Explosion In Texas Fertilizer Plant Kills ~15, Injures Hundreds / Texas To Execute A Retarded Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by bigcycs: 7:15am On Jun 04, 2013
A texan man gets stung to death by about 40000 "africanized bees" gist has it that the man suffered about 3000 stings from this bees .

Now the political angle to this story is the rascist comments that some of those texans folks made.
Reading some of the comments might cause one to wish such a person got the same treatment.

SOURCE:news.yahoo.com/killer-bee-attack-science-explains-mans-death-195739311.html

A Texas man died after being attacked by a swarm of Africanized honeybees, sometimes called "killer bees." Larry Goodwin, 62, was driving a tractor near his home south of Waco when he disturbed a pile of wood that contained a hive of the notoriously aggressive bees; eight people have been killed by the bees since 1990, the Waco Tribune reports. "You can't believe how bad they are. They make me want to get out of this business," Allen Miller, owner of Bees Be Gone, who later destroyed the hive, told the Tribune. "They can get up under your clothes where no other insect can go," Miller said. "In a hive of ordinary European bees, about 10 percent will attack if the hive is threatened, but with African bees, all of them attack you."

The introduction of Africanized honeybees into the Western Hemisphere was the result of a scientific experiment gone awry, according to a Texas A&M University report. In 1956, Warwick Kerr, a honeybee geneticist with the University of São Paulo, Brazil, imported African bees (Apis mellifera scutellata) to study. His intention was to selectively introduce traits such as disease resistance and faster reproductive rate into native honeybees. But a handful of the African bees escaped into the wild, where they interbred with native bees to produce bees with traits primarily derived from their dominant African forbearers (traits of the more docile native bees tended to be recessive and therefore lost), leading to the term "Africanized honey bees."
http://news.yahoo.com/killer-bee-attack-science-explains-mans-death-195739311.html
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by JeSoul(f): 3:46pm On Jun 04, 2013
Bigcycs, hi there. I added a quote from your link to give the story more details. Cheers.

and btw, some of those comments on the link are truly oozing with ignorance & racism.
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by dulphines: 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
RIP to the man! Bees should focus on making honey rather than killing.

3 Likes

Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by SincereBigot: 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
end time

1 Like

Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by Okijajuju: 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
holy crap
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by adexsimply(m): 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
cry cryjust going through the comments..scathing is an understatement

Alan Reichert • 3 days ago
Just like their human counterparts, just killing for no reason, time we ship them ALL back to Africa and get our country back for decent people.
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by Lakayanah: 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
Dem for take am go native doctor sharp sharp African things needs African approach.
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
Mehn I was just minding my own business, trying to reach my hive when this man came swinging.

It was unintentional

2 Likes

Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by adexsimply(m): 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju: holy crap
JESUS!!! shocked shocked
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by Creatrixity(m): 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
African bees dey para o!
If dem follow you,e dun be for you be dat!!
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by dridowu: 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
So sad d man is gone , thank God dat i survive d bee stung in 2009. Very sad experience, dos bees were runing towards me , i run 4 ma dr life , dos bees wicked. Nobody should pray 4 is experience
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by gluv01(f): 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
Racism...R.I.P to the man though
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by tellwisdom: 2:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
Who cooked the beans?? angry
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by everyday: 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
I never knew that bees could be so deadly
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by Evablazze(m): 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
Lion dy sleep, fowl dy go wake am...rip dude..African bees in a foreign country..Bleep US media house that made up this news..
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by Okijajuju: 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
If you can tell the relationship between this gif and this thread, then you are alright by me

4 Likes

Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by babe4chi(f): 2:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
tellwisdom: Who cooked the beans?? angry
ur case is incurable!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
Good for them.Next time you don't mess with nature afterall the aim was to segregate animals into white and black behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
JeSoul: Bigcycs, hi there. I added a quote from your link to give the story more details. Cheers.

and btw, some of those comments on the link are truly oozing with ignorance & racism.

Aha, I see what you mean. I read the comments
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by Opey4luv(m): 2:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by bigcycs: 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
JeSoul: Bigcycs, hi there. I added a quote from your link to give the story more details. Cheers.

thanks a lot ,i appreciate,i actually posted this about 3 days ago,i had given up hope of ever finding it on the front page and yet here it is

@post, its clear the war against racism is far from won,those natives are racist down to their DNA fragments,
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by IAMBREEZY: 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
babe4chi: ur case is incurable!!! grin grin grin
the guy seriously need a Medicine man
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by ninja4life(m): 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
Wow rip to d dead man
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by 50calibre(m): 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2013
Africanised bees!! Why is it anything Africa is always aggressive, always looking to kill or maim. Yesterday we saw a thread about African squirrels fighting with karate chops, today it's African bees stinging a man to death.

God help Africa
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
50calibre: Africanised bees!! Why is it anything Africa is always aggressive, always looking to kill or maim. Yesterday we saw a thread about African squirrels fighting with karate chops, today it's African bees stinging a man to death.

God help Africa

You sound like those racist commentators on the article webpage

2 Likes

Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by kolamilan(m): 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
RIP
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by adexsimply(m): 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

my exact thought
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by 50calibre(m): 3:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Theirs is different, they are racists, I'm not. I'm from Africa as well so forget that. Look at what these African squirrels are doing. Developing new fighting techniques

Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by Vicotex(m): 3:13pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju: If you can tell the relationship between this gif and this thread, then you are alright by me

that is killer bee from naruto.
Why is it that any bad thing that ever happen must relate to african or nigeria?
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
dulphines: RIP to the man! Bees should focus on making honey rather than killing.
grin grin
I don't think so buddy! they prefer killing
what are they trying to say now?
African bees are also racists ? grin
by d way don't they AV bees in America? undecided
Re: Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death by Codedrock(m): 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
Na dos kind bees sweet pass! Oh i cant wait to have one..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

British Cargo Vessel Attacked In Red Sea / Picture Of The Day! Arab Muslim refugee hypocrisy / Photos From 2017 General Elections In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.