Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,988 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman (19297 Views)

Ghanaian Policemen Dancing With A Little Girl (photo) / Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death / Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by infonubia(m): 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2013
It is very disturbing that this happens even in the most civilized nations.

The video (no audio) captures two Jasper, Texas police officers slamming a black woman’s head into a counter top and wrestling her to the ground. The incident was captured by security cameras at the Jasper, Texas, police headquarters.

The woman was brought to jail over unpaid fee and she was on the phone when an officer abruptly cut off the call.

Jasper's interim city manager confirmed that the two officers have been fired.

There are speculations that this act could be racially motivated as the town is historically know for its racial unrest.

There is no justification for this kind of treatment. Where is the respect for human rights? One cannot help but wonder how often incidents like this happen where it isn't reported or caught on camera.

Watch the video and share your thoughts.

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-xEQdmkUzE[/flash]

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/06/texas-police-officers-caught-beating.html
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by JeSoul(f): 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
Are these police officers that foolish? surely they knew surveillance cameras were on? this cannot be the first time they've behaved like this, just this time the video got leaked out. See the portly one @1:35, falling down as he tried to drag her by the leg. No shame. Treating someone like an animal.

I know police officers have to deal with all kinds of nonsense from criminals all the time but there is no excuse for the way they behaved here. What happened to professionalism? aren't they trained to respond calmly to provoking situations? I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was indeed racially motivated.

The poor lady shouldn't worry though. Firing them is not enough, a hefy lawsuit will be filed against the Jasper police dept. and she will retire all set for the rest of her life.

4 Likes

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by infonubia(m): 6:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
Jesoul, it's really pathetic that officers will act in this manner. I guess the woman must have given them a hard time before they arrived at the station. It seem like the first officer was already pissed with the woman before he ended her call.

However, they are officers of the law who are supposed to be trained professionals. There is no excuse for such acts.
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by 419forlife: 6:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
she is one of lucky
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by 419forlife: 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2013

1 Like

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by coogar: 9:53am On Jun 05, 2013
only in america would such happen....
look at how they dragged a woman by the legs, they left her cuffed in a cell. yeah - the land of freedom!
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ika ni awon olopa yii sha
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by 1shortblackboy: 12:50pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar: only in america would such happen....
look at how they dragged a woman by the legs, they left her cuffed in a cell. yeah - the land of freedom!
AT LEAST ONCE CAUGHT PERPETRATORS ARR BROUGHT TO BOOK. OUR COUNTRY OWN NA DFIFFERENT STORY undecided

6 Likes

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by funnyx(m): 12:50pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar: only in america would such happen....

That's why I laugh sometimes when people call the USA land of the free, I have seen far worse on the Internet an from watching crime channels. Police brutality in the USA is unbelievable for a developed country, land of the free can be found mainly in Europe especially Scandinavia.

4 Likes

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by dederocs(m): 12:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
where is amnesty international?
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by WIZGUY69(m): 12:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
undecided no MB 2 watch the video. Somebodey should summarize it 4 me...m waiting.....
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by SincereBigot: 12:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by Abujafood: 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2013
When I read news like this I feel sorry for Nigerians incarcerated in police stations. I know the case of a man who was missing for 3 months only for the family to discover he was locked up and tortured at a police station in Festac Town. Others were bailed and released but because he was so poor and had no phone to contact family members he was left there until someone luckily managed to reach his family on his behalf before they rallied money to pay off the arresting officers.

What was his offence? He was around Alaba Market area when police came to arrest some suspected thieves so he said anyways and he just happened to have been around when they started arresting people indiscriminately.

1 Like

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by honeric01(m): 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
God bless America!

FIRE!

yet they claim they love Africa

if blacks in the states are treated this way, then what is in for the blacks here on mother land Africa?

SAY NO TO AFRICOM!

2 Likes

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
THEY BOTH GOT FIRED. AMERICA THE LAND OF THE FREE. WHERE THE BLACK MAN IS TREATED LIKE GARBAGE.
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by poundsgeh(f): 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2013
*passing by*
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by Kingslaw(m): 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2013
Hmm Police?
They are all the same! Only about 2%/100% in the world are good.
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 05, 2013
THIS BLACK MAN GOT THROWN IN JAIL FOR DRANKIN ICED TEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbzUH90Sm0E

1 Like

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by desthan(m): 12:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
better it is in the States.

the Nigerian version would have been bloodier if there is a word like that.....smh

1 Like

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by daviide: 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
Abuse of power, so sad.

1 Like

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
SAME TOWN, JASPER TEXAS, 3 CRACKER AZZ CRACKERS DRAGGED A BLACK MAN TO DEATH BEHIND THEIR TRUCK. THEY TIED HIM AND RODE AROUND THE TOWN. HIS EYEBALLS WERE FOUND ON ONE STREET, HIS NUTSAC ON THE OTHER STREET, HIS HEAD ON ONE STREET, HIS ARMS ON ANOTHER STREET, HIS NOSE ON ONE STREET. THATS HIS BODY PART PEELING OFF AS THEY DROVE AROUND WITH HIS BODY SCRATCHING AND TEARING AWAY FROM THE ROUGH CONCRETE ON THE FLOOR.

1 Like

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by theripper3: 1:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
E b like say popo everywhere na d same o. Small animalistic behaviour dey inside all of dem.
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by DrSadikMagaji(m): 1:02pm On Jun 05, 2013
Too bad!!!
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by fernandoc(m): 1:02pm On Jun 05, 2013
infonubia: It is very disturbing that this happens even in the most civilized nations.

The video (no audio) captures two Jasper, Texas police officers slamming a black woman’s head into a counter top and wrestling her to the ground. The incident was captured by security cameras at the Jasper, Texas, police headquarters.

The woman was brought to jail over unpaid fee and she was on the phone when an officer abruptly cut off the call.

Jasper's interim city manager confirmed that the two officers have been fired.

There are speculations that this act could be racially motivated as the town is historically know for its racial unrest.

There is no justification for this kind of treatment. Where is the respect for human rights? One cannot help but wonder how often incidents like this happen where it isn't reported or caught on camera.

Watch the video and share your thoughts.

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-xEQdmkUzE[/flash]

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/06/texas-police-officers-caught-beating.html
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by fernandoc(m): 1:02pm On Jun 05, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
Beside the superior equipment and training which policemen in advance countries posses,all policemen are the same in attitude . I'm not even sure if Nigerian policemen can beat a woman !
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by alaoeri: 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2013
Where is Texas cowgirl to defend her ppl.

1 Like

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by coogar: 1:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
funnyx:
That's why I laugh sometimes when people call the USA land of the free, I have seen far worse on the Internet an from watching crime channels. Police brutality in the USA is unbelievable for a developed country, land of the free can be found mainly in Europe especially Scandinavia.

they are too barbaric!
the video is disturbing - they pulled the woman's hair and she's not grown it back since the incident happened a month ago. they broke her tooth and dragged her by the ankles. officers ricky grissom and ryan cunningham should be jailed - the female officer that helped them hold the door as they dragged another the victim by the ankles should also get sacked!

~Bluetooth:

Beside the superior equipment and training which policemen in advance countries posses,all policemen are the same in attitude . I'm not even sure if Nigerian policemen can beat a woman !

american cops are too aggressive!
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by Ruq: 1:09pm On Jun 05, 2013
Seemed like she refused arrest. i liked her courage, buh i didn't see no banging of head on nothin, except that she was maltreated.

And what's that place they dragged her into, a guard room ? And what about the fuggin woman who held the door for them?
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by coogar: 1:11pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ruq: Seemed like she refused arrest. i liked her courage, buh i didn't see no banging of head on nothin, except that she was maltreated.

And what's that place they dragged her into, a guard room ? And what about the fuggin woman who held the door for them?

refused arrest? she was already in the station to pay a fine of $100.
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by Ruq: 1:14pm On Jun 05, 2013
obadiah777: THIS BLACK MAN GOT THROWN IN JAIL FOR DRANKIN ICED TEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbzUH90Sm0E

Bad buh we can't know for sure.

I could give you sprite and you'll end up feeling drunk.
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 05, 2013
Texas.cowgirl/ileke idi is that you? Hope you are safe mamy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Israel Warns Russia Against Giving Syria Missiles (wat A Comedy) / Pelosi Wins Speakership Of The American Congress For The Fourth Time / President Emmanuel Macron To Return Benin Artworks 'Stolen' From Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.