Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,194 members, 7,860,275 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:46 AM

3rd Party Cheques Over The Counter Limit - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3rd Party Cheques Over The Counter Limit (666 Views)

CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques / GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking / Cashing Of Third-party Cheques Above N150,000 Stops Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3rd Party Cheques Over The Counter Limit by LOUDmedia(m): 7:51am On Jun 04, 2013
We got this piece of information from Skye bank today and
decided to share. Guess you must have received same from your bank or in the news. Continue reading...
----

3RD PARTY CHEQUES OVER THE COUNTER LIMIT  

Dear Esteemed Customer,    

In line with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) National Financial Inclusion Strategy to promote the Cashlite policy, effective June 1, 2013, all 3rd party cheques above N150, 000 will no longer be cashed over the counter nationwide.

Consequently, all cheques above N150,000 must be cleared through an account before the funds can be utilized.

For Corporate Account holders – A representative of the company can withdraw on behalf of the company, provided the beneficiary has been pre-identified and introduced by the company as the company representative with proper company identification. The cheque issued to a pre-identified representative of the company will be considered a withdrawal by the company, and not a 3rd party cheque.

To ensure convenient banking services, please find below alternative channels you can use to make payments to third (3rd) party beneficiaries;

• Internet Banking• POS Terminals• Funds Transfer  

Thank you for choosing Skye Bank Plc.
Re: 3rd Party Cheques Over The Counter Limit by gmobik: 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
STANBIC ibtc ILLEGALLY withdrawing cash from peoples account in the name of cashlite!!!
i have personally suffered three withdrawals........even without me making a transaction & hav taken dis issue up formally.
if i dont get a refund i'd get a lawyer!

(1) (Reply)

How To Open A Verified Paypal Account In Nigeria. / Fastest Growing Business Opportunity In Nigeria, Dont Miss This Opporturnity / Hi...can A Nigerian Visa Card Be Link To Paypal Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.