Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends (5244 Views)

Why Do Most Ladies Lie About How They Were Disvirgined To Their Boyfriends? / 10 Thing Ladies Do That Shows They Want Sex When They Visit Their Boyfriends / 10 Things Most Girls Do When Going To Meet Their Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by MrBean(m): 9:15pm On May 17, 2006
Nigerian Girls And The Mummy Mentality

Most Nigerian girls (at least the ones I have met in my life-time), are very spontaneous and fun to be with when you meet them. Once you get in a relationship them, they want to be your mummy. They take life too seriously and seems they just don't want to have fun anymore. majority of the non-Nigerians i have been with aren't like that. I love my Nigerian girls and i am not trying to stereotype in anyway, Its just what i have experienced 99% of the time

Whats your take on this issue? cool
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by hotangel2(f): 9:22pm On May 17, 2006
Okay what do u mean the "mummy mentality"?

I dont think im like that, and i've never heard this before. They dont wanna have fun anymore? Im lost.
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by MrBean(m): 9:31pm On May 17, 2006
Before you get in a relationship. You hang out, and do fun-stuff together. But when you take it a step further, she always wants to know where you are, what you eat and you cant even fool around with friends. She says its embarrassing. Dont get me wrong, I want my girl to care about me, but life is short. we need to ha funnnnnnnnnnnn not live like "married people"
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by hotangel2(f): 9:33pm On May 17, 2006
I think i understand u now.

Well i personaly think any girl that wanna 'know where her boyfriend is at all time" is just giving herself hypertension.
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by MrBean(m): 9:34pm On May 17, 2006
@hotangel

now you feel me.
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by nike4luv(f): 10:42pm On May 17, 2006
its all in the name of careness and love! but sometimes the girl's gatta be careful the guy aint cheating on her [some girls do] plus if the guy is damn fine!
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by Zahymaka(m): 11:24pm On May 17, 2006
One thing you have to realise is that most men's ideal of a woman happens to be their mom. It is usually unconscious so you have to train yourself to recognize it.

Most men get attracted to someone who looks and behaves most like their mom -- with them. I'm not surprised that most of them want to mother you.
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by MrBean(m): 4:15am On May 18, 2006
@zahymaka

Would you like your women that way?
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by mochafella(m): 4:23am On May 18, 2006
Could it be some insecurity on the girl's part creeping in? Possibly trying to prove they are wife material so you don't stray?
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by beyunce(f): 8:04am On May 18, 2006
Wat is wrong wit a girl been concerned of her man.

Haba men
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by Zahymaka(m): 8:24am On May 18, 2006
mrlawng:

@zahymaka

Would you like your women that way?

No. My mom is rather quiet -- like me. I prefer girls who talk.
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by MrBean(m): 1:29pm On May 18, 2006
My point is why become a bore as soon as the chase is over?
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by Seun(m): 4:16pm On May 18, 2006
Is a relationship just a game to you? A 'chase'? Is that what it means to be a player?
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by MrBean(m): 4:20pm On May 18, 2006
You aremissing the point here. I just want to still be able to have fun and be spontaneous in the relationship. When the chase is on, you ga places have fun etc. But when she becomes madam, you guys stay at home and dont do as much fun things. I guess people are different I am only responding based on my experience.
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by eveseh(f): 4:22pm On May 18, 2006
is the boyfriend can allowed them
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 18, 2006
And what is the problem with a girl friend playing "mummy" to her boyfriend?
I think it even adds a little dimension of excitement. Agreed some girls take it too far by wanting to know your every movement but i think it shows that she ACTUALLY cares about you. You claim non-nigerians are not like that (and you like it!), you may also note that it may be the same reason divorce rates are so high for foreign girls compared to nigerians.
Nigerian girls see relationships (or their bfs) as lifetime investments to watch over, other girls are just into it for the fun and would get out at the slightest hint of trouble!

A girl that cares enough to know who i hang out with, what i eat on a daily basis, where i spend my free time (not stalking!), how i'm doing is someone to be cherished and held jealously! Most girls truly want to have fun but sadly that's all they ever want to do, when you get to time to settle down you will realise this invaluable virtue of nigerian girls. Millions of nigerian girls are prepared to cook for you, take care of your apartment, and be the best they can be once they know their future is settled with you. I love it, love it, love it, love it! Nigerian girls are the best at heart, mummy attitude or not, i know nigerian girls love to have fun too maybe they are a little too serious compared to foreign girls but if i can sleep with two eyes closed knowing she won't serve me a divorce letter on some flimsy excuse, then ride on being a pseudo-mummy!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by MrBean(m): 4:31pm On May 18, 2006
@ davidylan

I am on the same page with you. All i am saying is cant we still be kids and do a lot of fun things with being motherly? I love the outdors e.g hiking, roller blading, hunting etc. I used to have a naija babe that loved doing these things in addition to the conventional clubbing and going to restaurants to eat. But as soon as we became an item. She was always too tired to go. All of a sudden the humorous me she liked was always cautioned by her to comport myself in public. I didnt get that.

I didnt try to change her. Why did she pretend anly to show her true clours when we started dating. I have been with a few like her (most were like that)

I wish i could have the spontaneity of foreign gilrs coupled with the faithfulness of nigerian girls. That will be wife material for me.
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by MrBean(m): 4:32pm On May 18, 2006
@ davidylan

I am on the same page with you. All i am saying is cant we still be kids and do a lot of fun things with being motherly? I love the outdors e.g hiking, roller blading, hunting etc. I used to have a naija babe that loved doing these things in addition to the conventional clubbing and going to restaurants to eat. But as soon as we became an item. She was always too tired to go. All of a sudden the humorous me she liked was always cautioned by her to comport myself in public. I didnt get that.

I didnt try to change her. Why did she pretend anly to show her true clours when we started dating. I have been with a few like her (most were like that)

I wish i could have the spontaneity of foreign gilrs coupled with the faithfulness of nigerian girls. That will be wife material for me.
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by dakmanzero(m): 4:36pm On May 18, 2006
'faithfulness of nigerian girls'

what a laugh riot!!!!!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

you, sir, are misguided!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by MrBean(m): 4:40pm On May 18, 2006
@ darkmanzero

Oh boy, why you dey attack me now? grin grin grin

At least it appears that they are more faithful. Note the word it appears.

Haba !!!
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by osteen(m): 4:56pm On May 18, 2006
Omo na true u talk. Ladies fill ones they are able to scale the first 6 months of a relation den they will want to have access to your schedule book. That can be really boring. Why dont they just reamain the loving type instead of the nosey type.
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by maki(f): 4:57pm On May 18, 2006
mrlawng

who told you nigerian girls have mummy mentality

as for me am the last born in my family and am so use to people petting me

i dont even know how to pet talkless mothering my boyfriend angry angry angry

we dont mother our boyfriend, we take control of what we want(www.com) grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by eddof(f): 5:00pm On May 18, 2006
Dear All,

I think this conversation is a little male biased.  

From a Nigerian womans perspective me say i have some similar complaints.  

I find that once one settles into a relationship with a Nigerian guy a huge part of him wants to segregate you from the world.  All of a sudden you can't go clubbing with your girlfriends any more and slowly but surely he stops inviting you out to the bars and clubs. Then, as a woman, you do become suspicious of what he is getting up to.

Lets face  it not one of my Nigerian sisters has yet to date a Nigerian man who has not cheated on her! If we are hard on you all it might be because you don't try very hard to promote a sense of security. ( and the track records don't bode very well when examined)

Nigerian women are what they are! We were all raised to nurture and care for those around us especially our men! See how we have spoilt you so much that you all have mouth to mention it as if its uncool to cook and clean for a man that you are in love with!

I cooked, cleaned, never stopped clubbing or being spontaneous or having great sex with my last boyfriend. I never stopped him going out with his group of friends. Eventually we had a lovely daughter and seemed very happy untiuntil of the nasty club wenches he was sleeping around with made herself known to me.  it transpired that in the 6 years we had been together he had been with 12 other women!

With brothers behaving like this it's no wonder we're hard on you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by MrBean(m): 5:02pm On May 18, 2006
@ maki

I know we have exceptions like you. You tatoo tell me volumes (not to stereotype).

I detect a hint of spontaneity about you. I mean how many nigerian girls proudly show off or even have tatoos.
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by MrBean(m): 5:04pm On May 18, 2006
@edof

Not all nigerian men are like that. From my post, i am saying i like the fun things to continue.

I am sorry you had a d*g for a boyfriend. If you were truly like you said with him. Then i think he was just addicted to cheating.
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by maki(f): 5:10pm On May 18, 2006
mrlawng

am sensing u like me grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by MrBean(m): 5:23pm On May 18, 2006
If you were in my shoes what will you do? wink

Dont you like good things?  grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by hotangel2(f): 7:34pm On May 18, 2006
u guys self!!! If she's miss "i dont really care abt where u are" u'll say she's not caring. If she's miss "i wanna know where u are". U'll say she's bugging and acting like yo mama. Wat do u want?

Thing is, i know that it's annoying when a girl wants to know ur intoto. But u should understand that Men of these days are not really what u call "trust-worthy". wink
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by lunafish(f): 8:09pm On May 18, 2006
Some women act like mothers because their men behave like children.

Sometimes one overcompensates for what's lacking in the relationship by embodying that portion themselves.
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by MrBean(m): 8:32pm On May 18, 2006
The responses so far don't suprise.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Whats new?
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by uche1(m): 8:36pm On May 18, 2006
When i first mate her was my perfect date. We walked down a red carpet to the  Studio to take pictures . I felt like we were movie stars. All eyes were on us. That’s where everybody wants to be. It was like being Cinderella for a night. From rags to riches. well she is still cool with me and i love her that way.
Re: Nigerian Girls Like To Mother Their Boyfriends by hotangel2(f): 8:38pm On May 18, 2006
uche1:

When i first mate her was my perfect date. We walked down a red carpet to the Studio to take pictures . I felt like we were movie stars. All eyes were on us. That’s where everybody wants to be. It was like being Cinderella for a night. From rags to riches. well she is still cool with me and i love her that way.

undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All Women Want Is Satisfaction In Bed Not Love / Husband Divorces Wife After Viewing This Picture / Kissing Mistakes You Should Avoid Making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.