Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,530 members, 7,843,635 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

991 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 991 (744 Views)

Please Beware Of That Bottle Of "Alomo Bitters" You Are About Drinking !!!!!! / How To Permanently Cure Pimples On Your Face In 23 Days / Please Help Me Quit Drinking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

991 by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 04, 2013
Re: 991 by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 04, 2013
In addition......the reason i don't want to quit tardily is that it didn't work for me, The thing is, if i take just one bottle the urge to take more will overcome my ability to stop. then i wake up in the morning regretting everything i did the previous day... the money i spent, the time i came back home, the things i shouldn't have told friends at the bar, etc.. am totally sick and tired of it and i want to quit for life.
please advice.
Re: 991 by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 04, 2013
You've made the first step, you've admitted that you have a problem and you want to fix that problem.
Re: 991 by Lobolintin(m): 11:18am On Jun 04, 2013
oga, u neva start, see people book me to parties to drink half of their money they will give, not joking I consume 15bottles daily, my mom did fasting just for me to quit, bros I became a great addict to beer, but how did I quit,
simple
1, quit those drunk friends
2, stop going to bar
3, enjoy cool music , when I feel the urge
4, stop having any alcohol at home
5, gave my self, 1month from now I will drink, will, will 3 months gone, will....
6, pray so beer can smell me like cigarette, vomiting just by inhaling it...
7, let those who care bout me, knw what am going through and the effort have taken so far,
8, develop another addiction, which is ..... eating meat and soft drink....
today am free from it. ... my parent joy knws no bound ....

1 Like

Re: 991 by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 04, 2013
Lobolintin: oga, u neva start, see people book me to parties to drink half of their money they will give, not joking I consume 15bottles daily, my mom did fasting just for me to quit, bros I became a great addict to beer, but how did I quit,
simple
1, quit those drunk friends
2, stop going to bar
3, enjoy cool music , when I feel the urge
4, stop having any alcohol at home
5, gave my self, 1month from now I will drink, will, will 3 months gone, will....
6, pray so beer can smell me like cigarette, vomiting just by inhaling it...
7, let those who care bout me, knw what am going through and the effort have taken so far,
8, develop another addiction, which is ..... eating meat and soft drink....
today am free from it. ... my parent joy knws no bound ....

i so much appreciate your contribution, No. 1 is going to be a little bit difficult because most of my 'drunk friends' are too close to me and some of them are family friends too, if i stop going out with them after work, they would think am angry with them or am having a problem, some of them will even visit to know what the problem is, from there the drinking will start again.
i want steps to follow so that they can be my friends and understand that i do not drink anymore.
once again thanks for your advice.
Re: 991 by nke001: 11:52am On Jun 04, 2013
991:

i so much appreciate your contribution, No. 1 is going to be a little bit difficult because most of my 'drunk friends' are too close to me and some of them are family friends too, if i stop going out with them after work, they would think am angry with them or am having a problem, some of them will even visit to know what the problem is, from there the drinking will start again.
i want steps to follow so that they can be my friends and understand that i do not drink anymore.
once again thanks for your advice.

if they dont understand your motives, then they arnt true friends. What are friends for?

1 Like

Re: 991 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
Thanks all for ur contributions.

(1) (Reply)

6 Foods You Need To Have A Beautiful Skin / Ladies! Check Out How Kim Kardashian Lost Her Baby Weight In Four Months. / Baby Undergoes Surgery To Stop Her Brain From Being Squashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.