Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN (1063 Views)

Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN / Arewa Youths Caution Buhari Over Inciting Statements / Jonathan Warns Ibb, Atiku Over Inciting Statements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by teemlo: 7:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
ABUJA – The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Tuesday, called for the arrest of the former Head of State and Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, (CPC), General (rtd) Muhammadu Buhari, following his frequent provocative statements.

The President of CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, in a statement signed by his Media Assistant, Kenny Ashaka, and made available to Vanguard in Abuja, said that Buhari, having in various occasions justified the action of the sect…, therefore, he stands a big security threat to the country’s corporate existence.

Oritsejafor maintained that it was so unfortunate that when every Nigerian was praying for successful military onslaught on the insurgence, Buhari rather than sharing the same feeling with well-meaning Nigerians was busy indulging in careless statements, without regards for victims of the sect’s violence who were mostly Christians.

The statement read, “The retired General was widely reported by several national newspaper Correspondents, who monitored the Liberty Radio programme “Guest of the week”, to have questioned the “special treatment” given to the Niger-Delta militants by the Federal Government while the Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses destroyed by government.
SOURCE: .vanguardngr.com/2013/06/inciting-statements-arrest-buhari-now-can-tells-jonathan

1 Like

Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by drtwist(m): 8:01pm On Jun 04, 2013
1st time i'm the first to comment....dn't knw wat to say.......atlast i made it.. shame on my enemyjavascript:void(0); smiling all the way

2 Likes

Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by drtwist(m): 8:04pm On Jun 04, 2013
hope this trend will make front page seun?
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by teemlo: 8:09pm On Jun 04, 2013
Seems like the president of CAN is a PDP card carrying member or is he the new PDP information minister cheesy

1 Like

Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by donigspain(m): 8:10pm On Jun 04, 2013
Kids EVERYWHERE!!!
@TOPIC: Why is CAN so much involved in politics these days? I just don't like how they seem to be meddling in the politics of Nigeria as if CAN is a political party. When last did CAN try to see to the spiritual advancement of her millions of members?
Is MEND a christian militia that CAN should be rooting for?
Don't get me wrong, am not against CAN popping up a few times in political issues but their involvement seem to be on the extreme these days. Is Buhari's statement a threat to the christian faith? We have the Executive, the Legislature and the Judiciary; CAN should let them tackle the problem(s).

1 Like

Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by confusion247(m): 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2013
Buhari wanted federal government to pay boko haram for killing innocent Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 04, 2013
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by Dreal1247: 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2013
Buhari is one of the major problem of this country.
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by thisismike(m): 8:25pm On Jun 04, 2013
I'm displeased wit pple like donigspain. While some influential men like Pst. Adeboye wud prefer keep quiet on Nat'l issues, thoz tht stands up 2say somthng are tagged wit unmentionable names. Wat do we do 2theze pple like donigspain? What I'm displeased wit pple like donigspain. While some influential men like Pst. Adeboye wud prefer keep quiet on Nat'l issues, thoz tht stands up 2say somthng are tagged wit unmentionable names. Wat do we do 2theze pple like donigspain? What
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2013
confusion247: Buhari wanted federal government to pay boko haram for killing innocent Nigerians

Like MEND was paid for killing innocent Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by donigspain(m): 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2013
thisismike: I'm displeased wit pple like donigspain. While some influential men like Pst. Adeboye wud prefer keep quiet on Nat'l issues, thoz tht stands up 2say somthng are tagged wit unmentionable names. Wat do we do 2theze pple like donigspain? What I'm displeased wit pple like donigspain. While some influential men like Pst. Adeboye wud prefer keep quiet on Nat'l issues, thoz tht stands up 2say somthng are tagged wit unmentionable names. Wat do we do 2theze pple like donigspain? What
OBSESSION!!!
Quit sniffing my nyash dude.angry
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by tomakint: 8:57pm On Jun 04, 2013
This is one area I dislike my President, he is too gentlemanly with some set of disgruntled elements the more reason many ones abuse that long-suffering attitude from him! How I wish he can be a bit hard with people like this noisemaker!
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by DuduNegro: 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
Oritsejafor should register CAN as a political party abeg.

1 Like

Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro: Oritsejafor should register CAN as a political party abeg.

lol. It's merged with PDP for a very long time.
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by bloggernaija: 9:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
Prof Corruption:

lol. It's merged with PDP for a very long time.

You forgot to add PDP ,INEC,police,IMF Merger
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by omiobo: 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2013
Honestly,Buhari must be sick to have made such statement.
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by mafioso47(m): 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
confusion247: Buhari wanted federal government to pay boko haram for killing innocent Nigerians
and it's all confusion247 in the North just like ur user name because dem boko boys reject the amnesty. Guess they wanted the oda type of amnesty.. SOE.
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by 50calibre(m): 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2013
I wonder why a man like buhari is allowed to roam free after inciting violence and hatred. The man should be arrested, tried as a traitor and then hanged. Simple!
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by Gamji007: 12:47am On Jun 05, 2013
teemlo: Seems like the president of CAN is a PDP card carrying member or is he the new PDP information minister cheesy

Na wah for you ooooo! Don't you know that Pastor(Rogue) Ayo has turned CAN into the religious wing of PDP?
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by lacasa: 12:48am On Jun 05, 2013
This Oritsejafor is a misfit! He has so soon politicised his position. Atleast I can now see why revered group like the "Catholics" had to part ways with the Oritsejafor "Christian Association of Nigeria Political Party (CANPP)". I wonder if he has suddenly become the NSA or DG SSS or DG NIA! When will this idiot face his task and stop meddling in the nation's'political trend? Btw what Buhari said and what Dokubo recently said which one is more threatening as a nation? It is sad that i share same country with this "she-goat" called Oritsejafor!!!

1 Like

Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by teemlo: 12:52am On Jun 05, 2013
Gamji007:

Na wah for you ooooo! Don't you know that Pastor(Rogue) Ayo has turned CAN into the religious wing of PDP?
His statement is unbecoming of a religious leader.
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by bappahman: 1:03am On Jun 05, 2013
CAN presido de complain cos militants were targeted by buharis comments...I think say Niger delta militants are very religious ppl...if Can had accused Gen Buhari of inciting religious violence/hate then I would hav said good, they are withing there rights but wen CAN is complaining about Niger Delta militants then am sure its PDP CAN talking
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by thisismike(m): 6:12am On Jun 05, 2013
donigspain: OBSESSION!!!
Quit sniffing my nyash dude.angry

I've never had time for donigians; i've made my point clear ;-)
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by CROWE: 6:30am On Jun 05, 2013
Arresting people is an action reserved for when those people have broken the law or are reasonably thought to have, even if Buhari may have been wrong, if criticizing the government(because that is all he did) is wrong now they should let us know. The CAN man is very stupid, I imagine he was one of those calling for Amaechi to be arrested.
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 05, 2013
Source?
Re: Inciting Statements: Arrest Buhari Now, Says CAN by OAM4J: 10:08am On Jun 05, 2013

(1)

Masari, El-rufai, Others Emerge APC Interim National Officers / Sudan Leader Has Fled Nigeria Over Fear Of Arrest / New Lagos Law: Beat Your Wife And Go To Jail!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.