Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

When She Doesn't Return The Ring - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When She Doesn't Return The Ring (1813 Views)

Groom Proudly Shows Off His Ring (Lovely Wedding Photo) / This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Interprete The Ring On Each Finger. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2013
Life is full of interesting stories. My current curiosity is, what would you say one would do when after breaking off a relationship with their fiance, the latter refuses to return the ring?

I'd say leave it. Naija folks share your thoughts.
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2013
Go and ask for your ring back na and is she doesnt have it again,collect the money you spent in buying the ring from her full stop
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by def111(m): 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2013
u never watch lord of the ring??... tell her to return it back before evil spirit enter her life. maybe she dey plan to sell am. na pure gold
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Mynd44: 7:18am On Jun 05, 2013
Ask for your ring back. The only reason she has for holding it is that you were engaged but that arrangement has changed
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Princesszoe: 9:16am On Jun 05, 2013
This is my first time of hearing that after engaging a woman and it happens that things did not work out as planned , the man will go back and collect the engagement ring. What will the man do with the ring ? Give same ring to another woman? This is serious. I guess understanding differs and all men are not the same.
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Mynd44: 9:28am On Jun 05, 2013
Princess zoe: This is my first time of hearing that after engaging a woman and it happens that things did not work out as planned , the man will go back and collect the engagement ring. What will the man do with the ring ? Give same ring to another woman? This is serious. I guess understanding differs and all men are not the same.
So if I gave a woman a 10,000 dollar ring, I should not collect it back or what are you saying? What does the woman want to use another man's engagement ring for in the first place?
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 05, 2013
Why are you asking?
undecided
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Charbless(m): 10:35am On Jun 05, 2013
Jst Send the Next Girl to collect it from her, then sit down and watch the drama
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Oohrhii(m): 10:49am On Jun 05, 2013
Ill just go and get the ring back. simple.Since we are not together again..when does not have a need for it anymore..neither does she have the right to hold it. A decent and matured lady would even return it back without you asking.

Btw, before i can give a lady a ring.. i go don |over|sure| ooOO say no her ..gan gan.
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Kosigift(f): 10:50am On Jun 05, 2013
@charbless lol, hope u won't be surprised if d only drama dat will ensue is d two ladies hugging each oda, and d first girl telling d latter: "I sincerely wish u safe journey to d land of d dead" grin grin

@topic, on no occassion will I hold back dat engagement ring, even without asking for it, he'll definitely get it back.
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by AtheistD(m): 11:09am On Jun 05, 2013
If she broke it off herself, she must return the ring. It is a sworn duty by the man to do all in his power both legally and through other means to recoup the actual ring itself or something of similar value.

Why would she not return the ring?

Of course, if you called it off then she should be allowed to keep the ring as compensation.
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 05, 2013
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 05, 2013
Hahahaha Lol; You might be surprised that no drama might occur....
Charbless: Jst Send the Next Girl to collect it from her, then sit down and watch the drama
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by AtheistD(m): 11:27am On Jun 05, 2013
sanb: @Op; you politely ask for the ring back. The ring was an engagement ring which both of you thought would materialise into marriage. Since that didn’t occur, then the sensible thing (IMHO) for the lady to do is return the ring even without you asking for it back….it’s only logical.

Besides, why would a lady want to hold on to a ring that’ll remind her constantly of her engagement to her ex? Whatever for ehh...

Good statement. What if the ring is valuable (£10,000+) and the lady wants to hold on to it for the financial value? She always pawn it later on once everything dies down. I reckon a court case might be in order if she refuses to return it.

PS: Are you sanboy cheesy
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 05, 2013
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by AtheistD(m): 11:37am On Jun 05, 2013
sanb: If she refuses to give the ring back after asking politely, then the next point of call would be to go to court to retrieve the ring or the value of the ring back from her….

PS: No; I’m not Sanboy25; but sanb….. smiley

My thoughts exactly... and there have been cases like that too. There was this one case where a guy was meant to get married to his fiancee, he had invested close to $30k out of his pocket plus parents maybe an additional $15k. She didnt turn up at the wedding. It turned out her ex had turned up 2 days before and they ran off together. Now the engagement ring was worth $5k and he wanted it back so he could recoup some of his losses. Apparently she had sold it to add to her and her exs escapades. So he sued her in court. He won. He also sued for the losses due to her not turning up and he won some of that too.
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by True2myself24(f): 11:52am On Jun 05, 2013
Lol I tried to give my ring back to my ex and he said I should keep it. So it's just sitting there in my jewelry box.
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by AtheistD(m): 11:54am On Jun 05, 2013
True2myself24: Lol I tried to give my ring back to my ex and he said I should keep it. So it's just sitting there in my jewelry box.

How much is it worth? And who called it off?
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ibo Gal Go first take the ring to a blacksmith...
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by aadetoyin(f): 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
First question: did she beg u to propose? grin
No be u give am ring?grin grin grin

She should return the ring only if she was the one who broke the relationship. If not, u beta forget it.
But if she is a nice girl, u can politely ask for the ring sha.
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 05, 2013
aadetoyin: First question: did she beg u to propose? grin
No be u give am ring?grin grin grin

She should return the ring only if she was the one who broke the relationship. If not, u beta forget it.
But if she is a nice girl, u can politely ask for the ring sha.

I take it you're not one of these well-sought-after nice girls. cheesy
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2013
sanb: @Op; you politely ask for the ring back. The ring was an engagement ring which both of you thought would materialise into marriage. Since that didn’t occur, then the sensible thing (IMHO) for the lady to do is return the ring even without you asking for it back….it’s only logical.

Besides, why would a lady want to hold on to a ring that’ll remind her constantly of her engagement to her ex? Whatever for ehh...

This...is...NAIJA! grin

People may want to be creative?
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
So if I gave a woman a 10,000 dollar ring, I should not collect it back or what are you saying? What does the woman want to use another man's engagement ring for in the first place?
People who spend that much can afford to let it go.

Ideally a girl should offer it back (I would). A man can then choose to take it or not. But a man requesting it outright would further reduce any dignity they maintained after the break-up. It seems a tad juvenile.
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Mynd44: 4:43pm On Jun 05, 2013
Flytefalls:
People who spend that much can afford to let it go.

Ideally a girl should offer it back (I would). A man can then choose to take it or not. But a man requesting it outright would further reduce any dignity they maintained after the break-up. It seems a tad juvenile.
What will a woman do with the engagement ring? That is plain robbery
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by 190: 4:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
so flytefalls was here again undecided

nways op why shouldnt she return the ring

abi she wan swallow am
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2013
190: so flytefalls was here again undecided

nways op why shouldnt she return the ring

abi she wan swallow am
I am here...[size=2pt] still no phone until Friday[/size] angry
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by aadetoyin(f): 5:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
2buff:

I take it you're not one of these well-sought-after nice girls. cheesy

My dear that's ur opinion. If he broke the engagement then he shouldn't ask for the ring. Shikena!
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
What will a woman do with the engagement ring? That is plain robbery
I would not plan to do anything but offer it right back to him (perhaps at some speed toward his facial region tongue). But the act of a man asking for his ring back... it's unattractive and juvenile imo. If a man values that relationship ring to be worth fighting for then good luck to him.
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 05, 2013
aadetoyin:

My dear that's ur opinion. If he broke the engagement then he shouldn't ask for the ring. Shikena!

Oh I agree. Don't get me wrong. I was simply just poking at you. smiley
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by MrsChima(f): 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
A gift is a gift is a gift.
Re: When She Doesn't Return The Ring by bobbybash(m): 10:32pm On Jun 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
A gift is a gift is a gift.

Its not a gift. Its a seal of agreement. IMO if the agreement be broken then I think it the guy should not even have to ask for it.

Imagine if it were the sought of ring with history. In which case it was passed down generational lines in the family.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies!!!!! / Can You Forget Your First Love? / How To Make A Guy Jealous And Get His Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.