Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,179 members, 7,845,871 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife (24824 Views)

Pastor Hacks Banker Wife To Death In Imo [graphic Photo] / 20 Year-old Onitsha House Maid Hacked To Death For Refusing Sex With Boss’s Son / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by Koolking(m): 10:57am On Jun 05, 2013
lorretta u: are you really asking that question?are u a visitor in Nigeria?where the men feel their wives are their properties.cases of husband mudering their wives is a dime a dozen.this is just one of the few cases that get taken to court.the other lady that died in my area was beaten to death by her husband cos she had the 'effrontery' to take 'his' money to buy baby food for 'their' three month old baby.
If this man is truely guilty,I suggest they not only hang him but burn his corpse as well and flush it down a pit toilet swarming with maggots and houseflies. NONSENSE.

My dear, domestic violence/wife battering is NOT a norm in Nigeria. Rather, it's an individual thing driven by certain emotional or psychological factors. Anybody can be led negatively by voices in his head.

I am never in support of death sentences. In as much as I condemn domestic violence in strong term, whether from the wife to husband and vice-versa, madam to maid to children, etc. Death sentence has never brought succour and fulfillment to the victim or loved ones. I believe in reform and reorientation of minds. Most domestic violence that lead to death occur out of self-defence. Juries/judges should be able to consider certain factors before verdict.

bcomputer101: The judge said, “Though the accused was not seen killing the deceased, I find that the accumulated circumstantial facts found proved that the accused indeed murdered his wife, Theodora Ajakaiye./

The mod confuses the subject with the news report. Mod x-check
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by anonimi: 11:07am On Jun 05, 2013
bcomputer101:

Na devil cause am.

SIGNS OF END TIME.

Which yeye devil?
When will we black people learn to take RESPONSIBILITY for our acts of commission and/or ommission
If something good happens to us na by grace of God. If something bad happens it is the devil. We don't PAUSE to analyse why, what, how it happened so as to prevent it happening next time to us and others.
No.

Husband kills wife or vice versa has been happening for centuries yet the world did not end.
Abeg carry your religious-ness to mugus who keep letting the charlattans in cassock take them for a ride.

2 Likes

Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by anonimi: 11:14am On Jun 05, 2013
Koolking:

My dear, domestic violence/wife battering is NOT a norm in Nigeria. Rather, it's an individual thing driven by certain emotional or psychological factors. Anybody can be led negatively by voices in his head.

Your assertion is debateable about how widespread domestic violence is in Nigeria.

However you are right on the money about emotional and psychological factors leading to such deviant behaviour in any society.
Thank you!
Peopel who feel such tendencies should seek psychiatric and psychological help sharp, sharp rather than ONLY praying to God who says he already made us ALL in His image i.e.with intelligence to sort ourselves out.
We need to change our attitude to mental health.

This is a better reasoning than saying na work of devil and talikng about end times.
SMH.
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by swizzle(m): 11:15am On Jun 05, 2013
are you really asking that question?are u a visitor in Nigeria?where the men feel their wives are their properties.cases of husband mudering their wives is a dime a dozen.this is just one of the few cases that get taken to court.the other lady that died in my area was beaten to death by her husband cos she had the 'effrontery' to take 'his' money to buy baby food for 'their' three month old baby.
If this man is truely guilty,I suggest they not only hang him but burn his corpse as well and flush it down a pit toilet swarming with maggots and houseflies. NONSENSE.

@lorretta u my darlng, you are one angry lady...I hope all is well with you? smiley
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by swizzle(m): 11:24am On Jun 05, 2013
^^^ and I just noticed you a a beautiful lady too wink
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 05, 2013
He should'nt be hanged by d neck instead he should be hanged by d balls till confirmed dead grin

1 Like

Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by brilapluz(m): 11:32am On Jun 05, 2013
coogar: shame on the nigerian judiciary!
there was no single witness to this killing and there's no forensic evidence. all they had against him was a bunch of circumstantial evidences and that cannot prove beyond reasonable doubt in an alleged murder case.

he should have been given a life sentence on the off-chance that someone might turn up later to give a witness account. what if they hang him tomorrow and it turns out someone else actually killed his wife? i thought the legal system would rather let a criminal walk free than kill an innocent man.

this judge should be arrested - he's brought untold shame to my country. this is tribalism at best. an igbo judge sanctioning the death of a yoruba man without a substantial evidence. i hope this ruling is appealed! how can you condemn a man to death without evidence but hearsays and cheap gossips? what a shame!!!!
You actually wrote sum very gud points and reasons but scattered evrytin by indulgin in Ethnic nepotism..guy U no try at all! Smh

5 Likes

Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by anonimi: 11:37am On Jun 05, 2013
coogar:
this judge should be arrested - he's brought untold shame to my country. this is tribalism at best. an igbo judge sanctioning the death of a yoruba man without a substantial evidence. i hope this ruling is appealed! how can you condemn a man to death without evidence but hearsays and cheap gossips? what a shame!!!!

Thank God the man and his murdered wife are both yorubas.
I can only imagine what you and other ethonocentric bigots like you would have said if the wife were Igbo shocked

5 Likes

Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by coogar: 11:38am On Jun 05, 2013
brilapluz:
You actually wrote sum very gud points and reasons but scattered evrytin by indulgin in nepotism..guy U no try at all! Smh

nepotism?
oh please - you cannot sanction capital punishment on hearsays....this is nigeria we are talking about. a place where anyone seen 5 days later at a crime scene is guilty. no forensic evidence, no witness account - where's the proof beyond reasonable doubt?

anonimi:
Thank God the man and his murdered wife are both yorubas. I can only imagine what you and other ethonocentric bigots like you would have said if the wife were Igbo shocked

the wife is igbo - duh!
why do you think the judge sanctioned a death sentence? it's been played on his mind that an Yoruba bloke came to their land to murder their daughter. her name is theodora - no yoruba family names their girl as such.

and for the record, i am not a bigot, the judge is the bigot.
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by anonimi: 11:51am On Jun 05, 2013
coogar:

the wife is igbo - duh!
why do you think the judge sanctioned a death sentence? it's been played on his mind that an Yoruba bloke came to their land to murder their daughter. her name is theodora - no yoruba family names their girl as such.

I take back my comments IF the woman is Igbo and it can be ascertained that the hanging judgement is based on that.
However, we need to verify that ABSOLUTELY as we cannot condem the judge for not having ABSOLUTE proof while we at the same time crucify him without having ABSOLUTE proof of the whole matter ourselves.
Fair enough, I hope!
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by Barnich(m): 11:56am On Jun 05, 2013
It is very unbelievable that the man has to go that far, i know the did has been done, i pray the court to have mercy upon him for sake of the two children.
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by coogar: 11:57am On Jun 05, 2013
anonimi:
I take back my comments IF the woman is Igbo and it can be ascertained that the hanging judgement is based on that.
However, we need to verify that ABSOLUTELY as we cannot condem the judge for not having ABSOLUTE proof while we at the same time crucify him without having ABSOLUTE proof of the whole matter ourselves.
Fair enough, I hope!

we have not condemned the judge to death. the judge has condemned a man who might be innocent to death. shouldn't the judge know better? the law would rather let a notorious killer walk free than kill an innocent man....this judge has rapëd nigeria's judiciary system. he should be arrested for bringing his noble profession into disrepute!
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2013
Akshow: so na for only nigeria men de kill their wife abi? Abi u never ever hear say woman kill her husband. this is not a gender issue cos it goes on both ways though one may be higher than the other. condemn the act not the sex of the offender cos women too kill their husband. and if u think its only a nigerian thing, tune to channel 171 investigation discovery on dstv and see as white women murder their husbands for the flimsiest of all reasons.
I say what I know and what happening around me.I don't speak of what I can't verify.I'm not in the white man's land so whatever they do there,a white person can come and educate us.as for domestic violence in Nigeria,men are carrying the gold cup.there's no doubting that.and it's not a gender issue it's a family problem which needs to be adressed by re-orientation.
swizzle:

@lorretta u my darlng, you are one angry lady...I hope all is well with you? smiley
yes I am alright.and you're right.I am one angry lady.the whole world one fvcking annoying place.forgive my unladylike language.but who can remain a true lady in the face of all these heartbreaking events?
Koolking:

actually,I think you should get out some more.go to family health care centres where mostly women in need of help come to.listen to people and occurrences around you.put your ears to the ground.and you'll be surprised at the increasing rate of wife battery.
okpara ugo:

GOOD WIFE
if that's sarcasm,I think you should know that I'm immune to it.
If it's a compliment(which I doubt), THANK YOU
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by swizzle(m): 12:06pm On Jun 05, 2013
yes I am alright.and you're right.I am one angry lady.the whole world one fvcking annoying place.forgive my unladylike language.but who can remain a true lady in the face of all these heartbreaking events?

Well, a ship is surrounded by water yet it does not sink unless the water gets inside it. Do not be affected by all the "heartbreaking events" around you. smiley
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by Meristem: 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
Meristem:
Ahaaaa! Everybodi don dey shout "wateva hapnd to DIVORCE" now ooo!!
Wen i recommended it in irredeemable cases where safety of life was involved, na dis same people wan chop my ear off o!!. Whither liest thy heads oh equivocatoes?

That's Nigerians for you, always talking out of the 2 sides of their mouths. If either the wife or husband had gone to them for advice all they would have said is stay and pray forgetting how quickly things can escalate. When 2 people live together with so much anger and bitterness most times it will escalate to violence especially as we don't go for any proper counselling in these parts.
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by iykak47: 12:24pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar:

nepotism?
oh please - you cannot sanction capital punishment on hearsays....this is nigeria we are talking about. a place where anyone seen 5 days later at a crime scene is guilty. no forensic evidence, no witness account - where's the proof beyond reasonable doubt?

the wife is igbo - duh!

You are questioning the judge because the muderer is from your tribe. Do you understand the law more than the counsel for the accused who asked for mercy? Why didn't you go to Aba to defend the killer? He who kills by the sword must die by the sword. The Judge can not bend the rules because of a bigot like you. Al Mustapha and rv King were all sentenced to death, heaven did not fall. Stop whining.
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by andyanders: 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2013
Good for him.Waiting for the one that killed his banker wife here in Lagos.Why is it that bankers are victims of domestic violence in Nigeria?
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by coogar: 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
iykak47: You are questioning the judge because the muderer is from your tribe. Do you understand the law more than the counsel for the accused who asked for mercy? Why didn't you go to Aba to defend the killer? He who kills by the sword must die by the sword. The Judge can not bend the rules because of a bigot like you. Al Mustapha and rv King were all sentenced to death, heaven did not fall. Stop whining.

shut up your rotten mouth!
i don't give a flying fück where the accused comes from - i am questioning the competence of the judge because he sentenced a man to death based on hearsays. where in the world does that happen in law?

you are a fool!
were you there to know the man did the killing. "he who kills by the sword dies by the sword" does not apply here cos there's no compelling evidence this man killed his wife. you have to show proof he did and there was no proof!!! troglodytes like you are the reason the country is backwards - that was how your ilk murdered 4 undergraduates in ALUU village - based on hearsays!
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by batstan(m): 12:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
grin Lorretta
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by batstan(m): 1:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
andyanders: Good for him.Waiting for the one that killed his banker wife here in Lagos.Why is it that bankers are victims of domestic violence in Nigeria?
Cos they're prone to infidelity
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by shortERIKINA(m): 1:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
Nice judgment and I hope men who beat women should face same fate.
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by Jenny20(f): 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2013
Double post
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by Jenny20(f): 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2013
You were making sense until you got to this part were you allowed your bigotry to becloud your sense of reasoning.

coogar: an igbo judge sanctioning the death of a yoruba man without a substantial evidence

Coogar, I'm disappointed in you to say the least.

3 Likes

Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by andyanders: 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar:

shut up your rotten mouth!
i don't give a flying fück where the accused comes from - i am questioning the competence of the judge because he sentenced a man to death based on hearsays. where in the world does that happen in law?

you are a fool!
were you there to know the man did the killing. "he who kills by the sword dies by the sword" does not apply here cos there's no compelling evidence this man killed his wife. you have to show proof he did and there was no proof!!! troglodytes like you are the reason the country is backwards - that was how your ilk murdered 4 undergraduates in ALUU village - based on hearsays!

There was a substantial evidence presented to sentencing him to death.
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by coogar: 1:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
andyanders:
There was a substantial evidence presented to sentencing him to death.

which evidence?

Jenny20: You were making sense until you got to this part were you allowed your bigotry to becloud your sense of reasoning. Coogar, I'm disappointed in you to say the least.

tape it shut, jenny!
the judge is the bigot, not coogar. he wouldn't have sentenced him to death if he was his kinsmen. i am all for a wife-killer to get punished if he's guilty......but where's the proof beyond reasonable doubt that this man is guilty of murder?
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by andyanders: 1:56pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar:

which evidence?

tape it shut, jenny!
the judge is the bigot, not coogar. he wouldn't have sentenced him to death if he was his kinsmen. i am all for a wife-killer to get punished if he's guilty......but where's the proof beyond reasonable doubt that this man is guilty of murder?

Please Cougar, I pray you do not act like a wife killer if you can exonerate a woman killer.
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by bobolic: 2:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
Best news I have heard in weeks.
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by Coldfeet(f): 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar:

nepotism?

the wife is igbo - duh!

FYI Yorubas bear Theodora! I know a lady by that name Theodora Abosede Omobomi! She is YORUBA! And Theodora just like Theophilus are both 'English'names that any tribe can bare!. I don't know if the wife is yoruba or igbo I really don't care! Someone was killed and the killer has been judged at the jurisdiction where the crime was committed that's all that matters!
@op wassup with the Theos na? Theo kills Theo in Governor Theos state? Hope the judges middle name aint Theo?

1 Like

Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by coogar: 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2013
andyanders:
Please Cougar, I pray you do not act like a wife killer if you can exonerate a woman killer.

and you are 100% sure this woman killed his wife?
even advanced countries with efficient policemen and forensic teams make mistakes of putting innocent men in prisons, let alone a useless country like nigeria....

this is the reason capital punishment is abolished in western europe. once a man is killed, how do you reverse the decision especially when there's no compelling evidence he's guilty.

how can you not see the idiocy of this judgement?

Coldfeet: FYI Yorubas bear Theodora! I know a lady by that name Theodora Abosede Omobomi! She is YORUBA! And Theodora just like Theophilus are both 'English'names that any tribe can bare!. I don't know if the wife is yoruba or igbo I really don't care! Someone was killed and the killer has been judged at the jurisdiction where the crime was committed that's all that matters!

you are a pathological liar.....
Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by andyanders: 2:13pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar:

and you are 100% sure this woman killed his wife?
even advanced countries with efficient policemen and forensic teams make mistakes of putting innocent men in prisons, let alone a useless country like nigeria....

this is the reason capital punishment is abolished in western europe. once a man is killed, how do you reverse the decision especially when there's no compelling evidence he's guilty.

how can you not see the idiocy of this judgement?

you are a pathological liar.....

If you call Nigeria, USELESS COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA" and you a Nigerian, translates that you are equally calling ONLY yourself, USELESS

2 Likes

Re: Banker Sentenced To Death For Killing Wife by coogar: 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
andyanders:
If you call Nigeria, USELESS COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA" and you a Nigerian, translates that you are equally calling ONLY yourself, USELESS

nope,
there are brilliant people in nigeria but the far majority of people like this judge is useless. the fools certainly outnumber the geniuses and this is the reason the country still slumbers at age 52.

i reiterate, nigeria is a useless country!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Civil Defence Officer Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Benue Buried Amidst Tears(pix / Man That Went To Kidnap Olori Faduyile Killed - Picture / Day-old Baby Found Dumped By Roadside In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.