Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! (6748 Views)

Uniben Post Utme Admission 2013/2014: Get Admission Help; Departments Cutoffs; A / Your Expectations From ASUU Meeting With F.g Today / Kwara Poly Expels 212 Students, 139 To Repeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 05, 2013
We have just confirmed this morning that the cutoff mark for Anambra is 139
Imo is 138 while Gombe is 2. ( I mean TWO, 2)!

So, my son scored 104 but he cannot get admission while someone who scored 2 will be admitted.
And you know why? Because he is from Anambra State!

This is one of the numerous reasons why I personally want out of Nigeria.
this is why I want Biafra. Nigeria is not a nation!
this is absurd! It is evil! It is wickedness!

I hereby vow to contribute my own quota to pull down Nigeria!

ON Biafra I stand! Biafra is justice! Biafra is my right!

All Biafrans, we must unite and stand for our rights.
We are not Nigerians! Nigeria is a fraud! Nigeria is a big lie!

ENOUGH!

1 Like

Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Ozonna(m): 11:03am On Jun 05, 2013
I don't want to believe this. 2!!! Mbanu
Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 05, 2013
Ozonna: I don't want to believe this. 2!!! Mbanu

Ozonna my brother, it is true.
That is Nigeria!
This has been going on since after the war.

I have been asking myself this question: What is my pride and joy to answer "Nigerian"?
I want answers!
Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:23am On Jun 05, 2013
@op, are you a learner? This has always been the case with admission into unity schools.

What else could be termed marginalization if not this?
Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by CyberG: 11:31am On Jun 05, 2013
104 is a veeeerrrrryyy poor mark! What is there to be proud about? In my time, I scored almost perfect marks, and got admission into all the FGC schools, yet my parents though it better that I should attend even a better private, foreign school, which turned out one of the best things things and decisions ever! What is the bragging about scoring such poor marks? The policy makers factor in a lot of things into cut offs which I cannot explain here and at your age, you should know this. If you want to enjoy a lower cut off point, you should have let your kid apply to Gombe FGC! In anyway, medicocres scoring and rejoicing in mediocre marks can only be a mediocre people.

3 Likes

Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by IGBOSON1: 11:32am On Jun 05, 2013
Hehehehehe grin grin grin

You couldn't make it up walahi! After now some peeps will take umbrage when told others are 'better' than them.

If we're all supposed to be equal in this country, and if others are expected by now to have caught up with the rest of the country -given the affirmative action in education they've benefited from for close to 4 decades- then why aren't the cut-off marks the same across the board? It's this wide margin in cut-off marks between different regions (in the same country for that matter!) that are making some a bit lazy and feel they can get by in life without putting in their best; after now we'll all line up at the same employment market and be treated equally......with the acknowledgment to 'academic excellence' and 'hard work' earlier given to some disappearing overnight.

PS- i do not believe anyone is genetically better than others, but i do believe that cultural differences can make the difference between peoples and regions, and the sooner we acknowledge that there's something we can all learn from one another to make ourselves a better people, the better for the country as a whole.
Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Caesar1988(m): 11:32am On Jun 05, 2013
Take heart bro......weather they like it or not,biafra will stand soon or someday and d name Nigeria will be 4gotten....Chinua achebe said ''there was a country'' and we can proudly say this ''there is a country''......
Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:40am On Jun 05, 2013
CyberG: 104 is a veeeerrrrryyy poor mark! What is there to be proud about? In my time, I scored almost perfect marks, and got admission into all the FGC schools, yet my parents though it better that I should attend even a better private, foreign school, which turned out one of the best things things and decisions ever! What is the bragging about scoring such poor marks? The policy makers factor in a lot of things into cut offs which I cannot explain here and at your age, you should know this. If you want to enjoy a lower cut off point, you should have let your kid apply to Gombe FGC! In anyway, medicocres scoring and rejoicing in mediocre marks can only be a mediocre people.

You just exposed your ignorance. When it comes to the Unity schools, your choice of school has got nothing to do with your score. The cut off for each state is the same irrespective of which school you chose.

I finished from FGC Ikot Ekpene in the 90's and I'm from Anambra state.

6 Likes

Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 05, 2013
CyberG: 104 is a veeeerrrrryyy poor mark! What is there to be proud about? In my time, I scored almost perfect marks, and got admission into all the FGC schools, yet my parents though it better that I should attend even a better private, foreign school, which turned out one of the best things things and decisions ever! What is the bragging about scoring such poor marks? The policy makers factor in a lot of things into cut offs which I cannot explain here and at your age, you should know this. If you want to enjoy a lower cut off point, you should have let your kid apply to Gombe FGC! In anyway, medicocres scoring and rejoicing in mediocre marks can only be a mediocre people.

Bros, the boy is in primary 4. I just wanted him to attempt the exam.

I am not really so addicted to him going to secondary school now, neither am I a die-harder for the unity schools.

If you read in between the line, I am actually using this episode to justify my conviction that Biafra is what we need.
Nigeria is not a nation, but a mistake made by one whiteman!

6 Likes

Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by rhemal: 11:43am On Jun 05, 2013

OFF-POINT

5 Likes

Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 05, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

You just exposed your ignorance. When it comes to the Unity schools, your choice of school has got nothing to do with your score. The cut off for each state is the same irrespective of which school you chose.

I finished from FGC Ikot Ekpene in the 90's and I'm from Anambra state.

He was so ready to "trash" me that he completely went off point.
He quickly called 104 mediocre mark, and I am wondering what name he will give 2!

4 Likes

Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by lecturerdabo(m): 11:57am On Jun 05, 2013
Biafara will never be for half morons! so stop boasting of ur moronic score and attaching it to Biafara cos the Biafara I believe in, is a land for the great! sure, the country will have few mediocres but they should show a little sense by hiding their mediocrity off net.
Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2013
lecturerdabo: Biafara will never be for half morons! so stop boasting of ur moronic score and attaching it to Biafara cos the Biafara I believe in, is a land for the great! sure, the country will have few mediocres but they should show a little sense by hiding their mediocrity off net.

I can only assume that you have not gone through the thread but if you did but could not understand my purpose then I have no apologies.
I have stated clearly that it is not about the score. The kid in question is just in primary 4.

All I am asking is this: why would Anambra be 139 while Gombe is 2?
And if there is no answer other than "catchment area", whatever that means, then I want Biafra like yesterday!!

3 Likes

Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by baby124: 1:03pm On Jun 05, 2013
Oh, its primary school 104 is still a bit low. He's in primary 4, he will do better next year. Why the rush? Just get him tutors. (Edited)
Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by qualified(f): 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2013
its not mandatory to comment nah.
Do u even know what is happening in country?
If there are 191 jobs in Nigeria for Anambra n Gombe, they ll share it equally n not give 189 to anambra n give 2 to gombe. Irrespective of d fact that d gombe graduates are not up to 1% smart as anambra (going by these cut off).
Quota system is a bit.ch

4 Likes

Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Zet72(m): 1:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy I doubt u read the thread or the subsequent replies, u would hav deduced that it's not jamb, but rather a post primary exam. Don't always be quick in commenting
Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 05, 2013
baby_123: Oh, its primary school 104 is still a bit low. He's in primary 4, he will do better next year. Why the rush? Just get him tutors. (Edited)
I think you are missing the point.

The primary purpose of him writing the exam is just to test him.
I am not so keen on him going to secondary school now.

My position is that it us rather funny that someone who scored 104 cannot be admitted while some who scored 2 can be admitted.

I went through the questions myself, and I saw there were a lot he had not yet covered. Of course will do far better next year, but that i snot the answer to my question.

Is it a crime to come from Anmabra?
Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by huptin(m): 1:43pm On Jun 05, 2013
noblezone: We have just confirmed this morning that the cutoff mark for Anambra is 139

So, my son scored 104 but he cannot get admission while someone who scored 2 will be admitted.

Please can you tell me the cut off mark for lagos, oyo Delta and Edo states. thank you/

ENOUGH!

Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by gbanikiti(m): 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
104 is too poor but a good score for a child in primary 4.Gone are the days when parents crave for Unity schools. During my time in the 90's, it was something to be proud of. these days, no one gives a fucck about your child going to unity schools. If you have the money, take him to a good private school.

1 Like

Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Desola(f): 2:14pm On Jun 05, 2013
Why are the rejoinders not dealing with the issues highlighted by the op, which is inequality?

How do one explain the stark disparity? Why should any child with a cut off point of 2 be allowed in the vicinity of a secondary institution?

With that said however, I would like the op to produce a credible source of this requirement.

Whether you successfully leave Nigeria to firm Biafra or not, those of us who remain Nigerians have to get to the root if this alleged prejudice.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by ACM10: 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
noblezone: We have just confirmed this morning that the cutoff mark for Anambra is 139

ENOUGH!

Thought they said that Anambrarians are mostly spare parts sellers and petty businessmen? Why is their cut-off mark high?

3 Likes

Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Desola(f): 2:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
ACM10:

Thought they said that Anambrarians are mostly spare parts sellers and petty businessmen? Why is their cut-off mark high?

Their cut off mark is high compared to where else other than gombe? Hasn't it been conceded by the op himself and opined by others that anambra's cut off is relatively low? And how does this dispell the general notion that they are predominantly petty traders and spare parts traders?
Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Ikengawo: 2:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
This is nothing short of social warfare. They're penalizing igbos for being intellectually superior to everyone else in Nigeria, and after passing a law saying that igbos have to do 67x better then someone from Gombe, they will say you're bragging when you say igbos are 67x percent better than the imbeciles in this Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Desola(f): 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ikengawo: This is nothing short of social warfare. They're penalizing igbos for being intellectually superior to everyone else in Nigeria, and after passing a law saying that igbos have to do 67x better then someone from Gombe, they will say you're bragging when you say igbos are 67x percent better than the imbeciles in this Nigeria.

Now, this comedy in itself.

Excuse me laugh! cheesy
Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by gbanikiti(m): 2:42pm On Jun 05, 2013
So what's the cut off marks for other states?

I don't see anything wrong with Gombe having a cut off mark of 2.it's just to encourage children in the north to go to school. I went to a unity school in Zamfara State so i know what am talking about. the disparity in cut off marks have always been like that and unfortunately, nothing can be done about it

1 Like

Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:02pm On Jun 05, 2013
Desola:

Their cut off mark is high compared to where else other than gombe? Hasn't it been conceded by the op himself and opined by others that anambra's cut off is relatively low? And how does this dispell the general notion that they are predominantly petty traders and spare parts traders?

You seem to misunderstand the op. Anambra state has always had the highest cut off mark in Entrance exams into Unity schools in the whole Federation.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Ikengawo: 3:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
gbanikiti: So what's the cut off marks for other states?

I don't see anything wrong with Gombe having a cut off mark of 2.it's just to encourage children in the north to go to school. I went to a unity school in Zamfara State so i know what am talking about. the disparity in cut off marks have always been like that and unfortunately, nothing can be done about it

So you want a doctor that can't score above 4 operating on your lungs?
wake up.
Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
@ Desola, this was for last year (2012)

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/education/merit-quota-and-unity-schools/

Excerpt,

"The National Examinations Council (NECO) conducts the National Common Entrance Examination (NCEE) for admission into the 104 single sex and co-educational colleges. Each state is assigned cut-off points based on performance of its candidates in the examination.
The states with the largest number of good scores have higher cut-off points than others.
For instance, while Anambra was assigned a cut-off of 136, Imo, 135, Abia, 128, and Delta, 126; educationally-disadvantaged states like Kebbi had 35, Jigawa, 33, Taraba, 29, Sokoto, 27 and Yobe, zero".
Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by IGBOSON1: 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ikengawo:

So you want a doctor that can't score above 4 operating on your lungs brain?
wake up.

^^^Fixed!
Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Akanbiedu(m): 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
Although the cut-off mark of 2 is ridiculous, if true, the reason for disparity in the cut-off has been explained several times here I believe.

https://www.nairaland.com/1149278/yobe-state-zero-cut-off

The question is what is the primary objective of unity schools?
Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by Zet72(m): 3:30pm On Jun 05, 2013
Sunny_bobo: @ Desola, this was for last year (2012)

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/education/merit-quota-and-unity-schools/

Excerpt,

"The National Examinations Council (NECO) conducts the National Common Entrance Examination (NCEE) for admission into the 104 single sex and co-educational colleges. Each state is assigned cut-off points based on performance of its candidates in the examination.
The states with the largest number of good scores have higher cut-off points than others.
For instance, while Anambra was assigned a cut-off of 136, Imo, 135, Abia, 128, and Delta, 126; educationally-disadvantaged states like Kebbi had 35, Jigawa, 33, Taraba, 29, Sokoto, 27 and Yobe, zero".
Can this be true? ...This thread should hit front page abeg moderator
Re: 2013 F G C Cutoffs: Anambra 139, Imo 138, Yobe 2! by ikenga67: 3:30pm On Jun 05, 2013
A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. The day the British colonial officials decided that the western values of meritocracy and the encouragement and celebration of initiative and industry could not possibly apply to savage West Africans, and therefore decided to impose an invidous bantustanism in Nigeria in the name of indirect rule, without even the dubious justification of racial differentiations, was the day that Nigeria's faith was sealed. Nigeria can only develop at the pace of Gombe, Borno and their sister states...that is the basis of Nigerian unity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gst 112 Term Papers: DISCUSS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN METAPHYSICS AND PHYSICS. / This Should Be The Funniest SUG Campaign Poster I Have Ever Seen / Lol Funny Picture Of A Ghana Student's Exam Answer Sheet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.