Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) (119524 Views)

UEFA Champions League Draw - Live / Manchester Uited Defeated In Pics. Champions League 2009: Rome! / Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Grizzly(m): 2:52am On May 18, 2006
Distraught fans,
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Grizzly(m): 2:53am On May 18, 2006
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Grizzly(m): 2:55am On May 18, 2006
Ok this man forgot to go home,
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Grizzly(m): 2:57am On May 18, 2006
[b]Barcelona lifted the cup, [/[/b]b] [b]High enough for the other clubs to see,
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Grizzly(m): 2:59am On May 18, 2006
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Grizzly(m): 3:01am On May 18, 2006
Trick daddy Ronaldinho held it,
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Grizzly(m): 3:02am On May 18, 2006
Larsson kissed it,
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Grizzly(m): 3:05am On May 18, 2006
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Grizzly(m): 3:07am On May 18, 2006
B A R C E L O N A       ARE      CHAMPIONS!!!! What happened to your clubs, ?? undecided
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by lordimpaq(m): 7:03am On May 18, 2006
@griz

its one of those bad days, anyway the better team one,

i won't say because of the red card, but we'd have played better with 11 men
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Priscila(f): 7:46am On May 18, 2006
Anti-gunners must be dancing and rejoicing. But I shall stick to the facts.
Yes, the fact is Arsenal lost, that hurts and Lehman was red carded- I cried like an ocean.
To be honest I have no idea what went wrong in the last 15mins with regard to Arsenal players- I guess it was rainfall the problem.
The thought is kind of hazy in my mind. They showed superb play only to give way two goals just like that, it was unbelievable but you have to credit Barca for shutting down gunner defense so effectively.
The result meant barca won the Europeans Champions league and lifted the trophy.
Congratulations to Barca, they are deserving champions despite their last minutes win.
Before I get the big story from the Arsenal Barca game, I have to take a swipe at some, Man U, Liverpool fans. I exempt Chelsea for now.

Unless am totally screwed mathematically reaching UEFA cup final is better than those second and third positions in England.
So I cannot really fathom why both sets of fans would be laughing at Arsenal even for losing to Barcelona when all those teams were smeared home and away in bid for the same run.
The only fans that have a right to poke fun should be Barca, the only team to wholly embarrass England as a whole starting with Chelsea
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by adconline(m): 7:52am On May 18, 2006
Gunners outclassed Barca during the first half, but lost form during the second half. Henry's selfish style also contributed to their failure. He had two great chances to lead comfortably, but tossed them away. It was a good fight. The officiating was below UEFA standard. I think its high time referee's decisions are subjected to  an electronic/video evaluation. Until this is done, Americans will forever chide soccer
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by spikelord(m): 7:59am On May 18, 2006
cry cry cry cry cry cry

It's over!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by segedoo(m): 8:07am On May 18, 2006
@grizzly

baba ni yen!!
thank you so much 4 the highlights.
how thoughtful!
you guys make NL the only place 2 wanna be
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by lordimpaq(m): 8:10am On May 18, 2006
i'd blame HENRY, he should have taken his chances,

we only have ourselves to blame
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by salehm(m): 8:32am On May 18, 2006
Hey Gunners please we should not all Blame Manuel Almunia He was'nt expecting to come in for Lehmann.So we should not blame him.Arsenal played well it was just that luck was not on Arsenal's side.Barca are Champions.
lordimpaq:

i'd blame HENRY, he should have taken his chances,

we only have ourselves to blame
Plz dont blame any body it was'nt Easy he played his role.Infact every playa in the field palyed well.
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Priscila(f): 8:41am On May 18, 2006
Grace, mercy and peace from God,
This is hard to believe but its not every day a brilliant team disappoints so
Arsenal, play! Baby boys play! Kudos!
That was a tremendous effort only that Barca are known for their never say die motto and showed some two moments of brilliance.
Etoo and Belleti just spoiled the party I admit.
Red card to Lehmann was a blessing and a curse to Arsenal cos that alumunia of a goalie saved Etoo, Dinho, Deco’s and many clear goals but am sure with Lehmann we could not have conceded.
Those offensive quick attacks from Arsenal were superb and they should leave France heads highest was a clash between established talent and precocious upcoming stars and its still a real cos for joy as Campbell’s goal against the now champions was just priceless.
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Ddii(f): 8:55am On May 18, 2006
i love Ronaldino's smile.
i am not exactly a barca fan, but those guys were terrific yesterday.
Arsernal did give them a hard time, though.
they really had to work 4 it
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by lordimpaq(m): 9:15am On May 18, 2006
if only he had scored, undecided
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by osteen(m): 9:59am On May 18, 2006
Hey Gunner Alumnia did all he could the Goals they score were from close range and could have beaten any keeper. Well done to Brave Alumni and the entire Arsenal Team. Gunners for LIFE
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by pal(f): 10:02am On May 18, 2006
I LOVE WHAT HAPPENED THANKS 2 FC BARCELONA.I LOVE ETO N RONALDINHO
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Skintite(f): 10:08am On May 18, 2006
It was a very sad day for us
We gave it our all
but u cannot hold a barca side for 70mins with a man down
Almost impossible but we really tried n even thot we cud do it

The gods were not on our side n things turned the other way
Our tired legs cud not keep wth the speed n skill of barca

@hucs, jackal, 4play, amodu, jagenne n every anti gunner
Barca won n i gallantly congratulate them
it cud've been better, u all know that

I think wenger 1st mistake was sacrificin pires
henry needs somone like pires all the time
His absence caused henry's attackin probs
And to be honest, lehmann wud've been a better goalie

am sooooooooooooooo sad,cudnt sleep last nite sad sad sad
Even replayed those 2 goals like 100 times in ma dream cry cry cry
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by amodu(m): 10:16am On May 18, 2006
@ Priscilia you dont have to cry like an ocean cause i had told you before.

@ Grizzly whats up

up Barcelona

chop up.
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by nightrider: 10:39am On May 18, 2006
Up Barca, they beat my team . But i have to admit they are great players and deserved their victory.
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by QueenB1(f): 10:42am On May 18, 2006
I love Barcelona. I knew that they will win, i always supported that team. Thanx to God they won. Yeahhh!!
Eto' is the fastest and greatest!!! kiss kiss
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by GUNNER(f): 11:08am On May 18, 2006
I BELIEVE ARSENE WENGER MADE A GRAVE MISTAKE

SHOULD HAVE REMOVED HLEB RATHER THAN PIRES, NEEDED A BETTER SECOND-CHOICE
GOALKEEPER THAN TWATTY ALMUNIA,

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO MART POOM!

I THINK THE REF SHOULD HAVE ALLOWED THE GOAL FROM GUILY AND PLAYED THE ADVANTAGE TO BARCA

BUT THAT RED CARD DECISION JUST KILLED THE ENTIRE GAME, IMAGINE PLAYING 70mins OF AN IMPORTANT
FOOTBALL FINAL WITH 10MEN GEGEN 11MEN

BUT CREDIT TO BOTH TEAMS FOR GIVING US FANS SOME SORT OF SOCCER FIESTA

AND MAYBE THIERRY HENRY SHOULD HAVE BURIED THOSE 2 GREAT CHANCES OF HIS WHEN THE OPPORTUNITIES CAME HIS WAY, I DO FEEL HE NEEDS TO REFLECT ON THAT

ABER THATS ALL IN HINDSIGHT NOW

ALL TRUE GUNNERS CAN LOOK UPON THE PLAYERS PERFORMANCE WITH PRIDE

CHEERS grin
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by hucarson(m): 11:52am On May 18, 2006
@ Priscilla,
Ya talk is cheap abegi.
Why take jabs at Liverpool and Man Utd fans.
These are the only 2 teams that have won the trophy in England so it aint about 2nd and 3rd position in the Premiership.
Arsenal lost and they have lost. End of story.
Nobody will remember who came 2nd in 2005/06 so take your analysis to the bin.
UEFA only writes the names of the past winners on the trophy and not the runners-up so i think u r humungously screwed mathematically grin grin grin
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by mukina2: 11:56am On May 18, 2006
Oh mY ThE HaTeRs wUd nOt jUst lEAvE Us aLoNe
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by opeemi1(m): 11:58am On May 18, 2006
Though I ain't a great fan of both teams, but I'm pretty much sad cos the gonna lost the TROPHY, cos as for me, I'm satisfied this season cos my two teams got something if not the premiership or the UEFA trophy.

Who are they, u say?
They are the REDS, BOTH LIVERPOOL AND MANCHESTER UTD who won both F.A Cup and Carling Cup respectively.

Pretty much sad for the Gunners sad. And well done Barcelona.  wink cool
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by jagenne(m): 12:14pm On May 18, 2006
I don't pity the gunners especially because of some non-objective gunners on Nairaland.
There was no way Arsenal could have won that match.
Barca didn't even play on top of their game because of fatigue. It cld have been very worse if Guily's goal had stood.
Etoo,Dinho and Guily were awesome throughout and how can i forget Larsson and Iniesta?

Arsenal should lick their own wounds. They r a bunch of losers.
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by medube(m): 12:21pm On May 18, 2006
Hello All,

Alas, the Gunners have been proven once again to be GONNERS. Its a shame considering all the mouth they made before and during the match. So the year 2006 has been a good year for GONNERS fans grin No League, No FA Cup and definitely No Champions League Cup. Oh! poor them, it must be painful I'm sure.

Sorry O LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!! cool
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Jackal(m): 12:23pm On May 18, 2006
@ Medube,

Did u just say Arsenal's season had been fruitless?
Do u mean Arsenal didn't win a single trophy this season?
FA cup?,UEFA champions league?, Carling Cup?, The Premiership title?
Thats harsh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The team has lost it.
The team should be disbanded.
Arsenal is a disgrace to England.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Real Madrid vs Liverpool : UCL (3 - 1) On 26th May 2018 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 / Clubs Who Won Most Official Trophies Won In History.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.