Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) (119526 Views)

UEFA Champions League Draw - Live / Manchester Uited Defeated In Pics. Champions League 2009: Rome! / Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by medube(m): 12:27pm On May 18, 2006
@Jackal unless someone can prove me wrong. Considering they make the most mouth of being champions and all that, nothing to show for it in a whole year, how sad? cry cool Anyone need some tissue to wipe eyes smiley
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Jackal(m): 12:31pm On May 18, 2006
@ Medube,
The whole Nairaland wld have been painted red if they had won last night.
Do u know how many gunners on Nairaland?
They make at least 98% of Nairaland. Men,Women,Grannies and children on Nairaland are all gunners.

Some of 'em are reasonable and most of em think Arsenal is the best team in the world.
The season was shambolic for Wenger.
4th in the league.
No FA cup
No Carling cup
No UEFA.
What a season?
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by medube(m): 12:38pm On May 18, 2006
@Jackal

You are right, and the funny thing is they are the most criticizing fans and believe that their so called GONNERS are the best, unfortunately nothing to show for it.

Have you noticed, they have all been so silent? smiley
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Priscila(f): 12:42pm On May 18, 2006
Medube,Jackal, hucarson,Amodu,Jagenne
Stop shouting my name with alot of impunity.
Its your witches that brought down Arsenal.

Yes! Etoo gunned down Arsenal is that news?
This is hard to believe but its not every day a brilliant team disappoints so
Arsenal, play! Baby boys play! Kudos!
That was a tremendous effort only that Barca are known for their never say die motto and showed some two moments of brilliance.
Etoo and Belleti just spoiled the party I admit.
Red card to Lehmann was a blessing and a curse to Arsenal cos that alumunia of a goalie saved Etoo, Dinho, Deco’s and many clear goals but am sure with Lehmann we could not have conceded.
Those offensive quick attacks   from Arsenal were superb and they should leave France heads highest was a clash between established talent and precocious upcoming stars and its still a real cos for joy as Campbell’s goal against the now champions was just priceless.
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by medube(m): 12:47pm On May 18, 2006
Priscila:

Campbell’s goal against the now champions was just priceless.

How won't it be priceless, considering Eboue did a very nice dive and a freekick was given when nothing was commited, of course it will be priceless smiley
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by nightrider: 12:52pm On May 18, 2006
please jackal,

carling cup was Man-u's first trophy in almost 3 seasons.
so what if arsenal finshed the season without a trophy.

I still prefer losing the champions league final to winning the carling cup.

and i'm sure you do to
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Priscila(f): 12:57pm On May 18, 2006
Hucarson and Jackal
shame on you for talking about that unglamorous january carlingcup which belong to boro and porto.
I mean teams near relegation zone.
You obiously watched with envy as Arsenal played Barca which was a priviledge to play
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by GUNNER(f): 12:58pm On May 18, 2006
ARSENE WENGER SHOULD NOT HAVE REPLACED FABREGAS WITH FLAMINI

IGWE HENRI SHOULD HAVE FINISHED OFF THOSE GREAT CHANCES, I TEND TO AGREE WITH SOME PEEPS ON THIS FORUM THAT THE GUY IS "SOMETIMES" NOT AT HIS BEST, UNFORTUNATELY WE DID NOT GET THAT SPECIAL SOMETHING FROM HIM!

ALMUNIA IS A SHITTY GOALKEEPER, CONCEDED A SEHR CHEAP SECOND, NO GUT KEEPER IS EVER BEATEN AT THEIR NEAR POST, THE BALL EVEN WENT IN THROUGH HIS LEGS!

LEHMANN MAYBE HE SHOULD NOT HAVE BROUGHT DOWN ETO BUT HE HAD ONLY A SPLIT SECOND TO REACT

THE REF SHOULD/SHOULD NOT HAVE GIVEN HIM A RED CARD

THE BARCA GOAL SHOULD/SHOULD NOT HAVE STOOD

PIRES SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SACRIFICED

RONALDINHO DID NOT HAVE A GREAT GAME BY HIS OWN HIGH STANDARDS

ETO WAS A CONSTANT THREAT TO THE GUNNERS DEFENCE

10  AGAINST 11 WAS ALWAYS GONNA BE A DIFFICULT TASK

THE REF MADE SOME VERY DUBIOUS CALLS

LARSSON WAS A BRILLANT SUB

AND BELLETTI SCORED HIS FIRST EVER GOAL FOR THE CATALANS FROM A TIGHT ANGLE!

WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY, BRILLANT FINALE AND SOME MAJOR TALKING POINTS

BUT HEY ITS THE UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!  cool
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Priscila(f): 1:02pm On May 18, 2006
Gunner lol.
First pls dont use all bold letters and if I may correct you about Almunia-he is not shit

You people should be congratulating Alumnia’s frustrated efforts. It was hard to believe that we have a second goalie to Lehmann and he is not an erratic fumbler as you think.

If he was bad, he could have leaked goals left, right and back to centre.
The man saved like seven clear goal shots from Barca.
He deserves a credit.
It’s only that Lehmann has not conceded for along time and may be Arsenal could not have lost.
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by pssword: 1:16pm On May 18, 2006
Henry did not believe, that's my opinion. If only he had believed Arsenal would have won. As for Mr wenger and his substituions, taking off fabregas for flamini!!!! He needed somenone to hold unto the ball not tackle and fight, we already had gilberto doing that job. And He should have introduced reyes as soon as barca equalised. All in all i'm still depressed, very depressed :-(
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Jackal(m): 1:18pm On May 18, 2006
@ Nightrider,
Did u say 3 seasons?
Why do u always exaggerate?
3 seasons ago is 2003.

In May 2003, Man Utd won the Premiership.
In May 2004, Man Utd won the FA cup.
In May 2005, Man Utd was robbed of another FA cup by the Gooners.
In Jan. 2006, Man Utd won the carling cup.

So where did u get your stats?
Arsenal's season was shambolic. Please accept this fact.
Coming 4th and finishing 16 points below Man Utd is a disgrace if u have not been told.

On the contrary,I will rather win any cup than losing out in the finals of UEFA.
No one will remember Arsenal came 2nd in the UEFA. Everyone will talk about Barcelona inflicting serious damage to u and Priscilla in generations to come.
Wenger should now get the sack.
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by pssword: 1:18pm On May 18, 2006
ps: I forgot, Almunia was absolutely rubbish. How can a world class goal keeper be scored at the near post twice within 15 minutes haba!. The saves he made were routine saves any half decent goal keeper should have made. That first goal by eto-o was so painful, near post habba :-((
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by GUNNER(f): 1:20pm On May 18, 2006
@Priscila

Gunner lol.
First please don't use all bold letters and if I may correct you about Almunia-he is not rubbish

You people should be congratulating Alumnia’s frustrated efforts. It was hard to believe that we have a second goalie to Lehmann and he is not an erratic fumbler as you think.

If he was bad, he could have leaked goals left, right and back to centre.
The man saved like seven clear goal shots from Barca.
He deserves a credit.
It’s only that Lehmann has not conceded for along time and may be Arsenal could not have lost.

HEY P

BITTE, WHATS WRONG WITH ME USING BOLD LETTERS IN MY POSTS

THE FACTS DONT LIE

ALMUNIA IS NOT A "GREAT" GOALKEEPER
AND CONCEDED A VERY SILLY SECOND GOAL

AND I GUESS ITS MY OPINION

I CANT SPEAK 4 ANY OTHER ARSENAL FAN

BUT I WILL STICK TO OBJECTIVITY!  tongue
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Priscila(f): 1:21pm On May 18, 2006
Fall in lol.
hold check one two.
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Grizzly(m): 1:27pm On May 18, 2006
No silverware for gunners. live with it. cool
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Priscila(f): 1:49pm On May 18, 2006
So Henry has been doing the dishes ,cleaning up after everyone and cooking his heart out just to make sure he is missed when he goes over to Barcelona to say “ I do” and become a trophy wife.
All in all we appreciate the as he put in one of his best performance this season.
I have confidence that whoever leaves we will still do with what we have as we learnt it the hard way
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Skintite(f): 1:51pm On May 18, 2006
sad cry cry cry
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by tobilinoP(m): 1:54pm On May 18, 2006
[color=#550000][/color]THE GONNER WENT DOWN LIKE BI?C$S
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Grizzly(m): 1:55pm On May 18, 2006
Wipe ur tears boi, cool WHY do i have a feeling henry wasnt even sad yesterday. undecided
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Priscila(f): 1:58pm On May 18, 2006
tobilino and the group.
I don't know your club and for you I allow you to poke fun as I welcome you here.
Its a lions den and gunners we belong to fire brigade as in artillery and anti-tank guns for missiles.
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Priscila(f): 2:03pm On May 18, 2006
Congratulations to Barca, they are deserving champions despite their last minutes win.
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by medube(m): 2:15pm On May 18, 2006
Grizzly:

Wipe your tears boi, cool WHY do i have a feeling henry wasnt even sad yesterday. undecided

You had the right feeling, Henry wasnt sad as he knew right from the first whistle that him and his Gonners had no chance of winning. If Eboue hadnt dived properly enough to convince the referee would GONNERS have even scored as most of the game they were playing with 10 goalkeepers smiley
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Akolawole(m): 2:19pm On May 18, 2006
Priscila:

Congratulations to Barca, they are deserving champions despite their last minutes win.

Deserving Champion?
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by GUNNER(f): 3:20pm On May 18, 2006
Gunner lol.
First please don't use all bold letters

my bad

didnt know i wasnt allowed to post in bold letters

got banned for an hour

well its all gut

i am back

gunner till i die1 grin
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by ks(m): 6:36pm On May 18, 2006
The gonners are gone. the true europian champ. has been crowned.
well done samul etoo.

The begining of a trophiless season for arsenal, the fans bettr beg henry not to leave or else you will be relegated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by my2cents(m): 7:13pm On May 18, 2006
Lehmann better b careful now, going into the world cup - regardless of whether or not it was the right call by the ref, u can bet he will b watched, especially by those who already want his head for being chosen over Kahn.
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by tobilinoP(m): 8:20pm On May 18, 2006
THE TRUTH IS THAT BARCELONA ARE THE BEST TAM IN EUROPE, ARSENAL TRIED BUT THEY WERE NOT UP TO STANDARD, IT IS NOT BY JUST HAVING A FAIRY TALE RUN IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, TO BE THE BEST IN EUROPE YOU MUST DOMINATE YOUR HOME FIRST, AND ARSENAL HAVE DONE FAR FOM THAT. IMAGINE WEST BROM AND WEST HAM FANS CLAIMING TO HAVE BEATEN THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, THAT WILL NOT BE GOOD
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by bagoma(f): 9:18pm On May 18, 2006
trashy talks!
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Grizzly(m): 9:55pm On May 18, 2006
Bagoma!! wuddup? wink Tell me u heeded my advice n put in that money as we discussed? cheesy I told u, i told u. I've made up for all the monies i've lost over the past games, and did i lose a lot? angry Anyways hope u've overcome ur sadness. i hope so. undecided
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by bagoma(f): 10:36pm On May 18, 2006
hi grizzly,
at last we have it out that you've been losing big time betting against the gunners,
ahah, i think i understand your hatred now, the gunners were almost making you bankrupt. cheesy cheesy cheesy its clearer now. oh i see. grin grin

no wonder you were in a frenzy last night after barca won. no wonder, posting and posting. good for you.
i'm over the pain, after all its only football undecided, abi?

i'm not a betting person, so i didnt take your advice. too bad.
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by Grizzly(m): 10:51pm On May 18, 2006
Who ever told u i was losing against the gunners?! shocked cheesy It may interest u to know that out of arsenals 11 loses last season, i won on 6 of them. i lost 3 good times against Barca in the UCL, all against chelsea. Thats why i upped my stakes against Arsenal? i hate arsenal solely because of ~TEARY~ cool
Re: Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) by bagoma(f): 10:57pm On May 18, 2006
wow! all that betting? is that healthy? nevermind cheesy
you hate henry? shocked why?
what if by chance os something, he moves to chelsea? what then? you'd abandon chelsea?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Real Madrid vs Liverpool : UCL (3 - 1) On 26th May 2018 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 / Clubs Who Won Most Official Trophies Won In History.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.