Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,994 members, 7,810,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (110459 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2013
Recovery vs Faith: Lazio
midfielder Ogenyi Onazi
'COULD' make a
miraculous return to
the Nigeria team & fly
with the Super Eagles in
Brazil.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
100 SUPPORTERS CLUB'S MEMBERS STORM BRAZIL.......The Nigeria
Football and Other Sports
Supporters Club on Friday
said that more than 100
of its members would fly
to Brazil on Sunday to
cheer the Super Eagles.
The 2013 FIFA
Confederations Cup in
Brazil begins on Saturday,
while Nigeria will play its
first game against Tahiti
on Monday and later play,
Uruguay and Spain in
Group B.
The club’s Secretary,
Samuel Ikpea, told the
News Agency of Nigeria
(NAN) in Lagos that the
first batch comprising
100 members would land
in the host country on
Sunday while the rest
would join later.
“ Our preparation has
been on top gear and the
Brazilian Embassy has
been very cooperating.
“As at this moment I am
talking to you I want to
assure you that come
Sunday, the first batch of
the Nigeria Football
Supporters Club will leave
the shore of this country
to Sao Paolo to render
support to the Super
Eagles.
“Well, I want to assure
you that come Sunday
over an hundred of us will
be leaving Nigeria via
South Africa Airline.’’
The secretary commended
coach Stephen Keshi and
the players for their
doggedness in making the
country proud and
expressed confidence in
their ability to triumph at
the tournament.
“Well, I want to commend
Keshi and I want to also
commend the boys, they
have been trying, they
have been doing their
best, and so far they have
not recorded any loss.
“Coupled with the
understanding among
them, the zeal among
them, I am sure that I
have this level of
confidence that they will
get to the final of this
game and even winning
the tournament.”
He urged the team to be
more focused, determined
and play as a team to
enhance their victory at
the tournament
comprising world
continental champions.
The competition will hold
between June 15 and June
30 in six cities, namely:
Rio de Janeiro, Brasilia,
Fortaleza, Recifa,
Salvedor and Belo
Horizonte.
The Eagles, who booked a
place in the
Confederation Cup after
emerging African
Champions in South
Africa, is in group B with
Uruguay, Tahiti and Spain,
the World Cup defending
champion. (NAN) http://vanguardngr.com/2013/06/100-supporters-clubs-members-storm-brazil/
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by tutaboi(m): 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
eagles should go ndd mean d business
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by j4jj: 8:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
R2bees: Recovery vs Faith: Lazio
midfielder Ogenyi Onazi
'COULD' make a
miraculous return to
the Nigeria team & fly
with the Super Eagles in
Brazil.

Actually I'd I've love Onazi to play @ d confederation but I think there should hv been a good substitute to d extent dat it should not put fears in our hearts! This implies that there is still a vacumm or gap in the SE team. This is what the Spainish team has all going for them! whoever is out! There is always a gud replacement.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by ersonleads(m): 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
Take am eazy man,are u 2 play it 4 dem
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 14, 2013
j4jj:

Actually I'd I've love Onazi to play @ d confederation but I think there should hv been a good substitute to d extent dat it should not put fears in our hearts! This implies that there is still a vacumm or gap in the SE team. This is what the Spainish team has all going for them! whoever is out! There is always a gud replacement.
you are right bro.. Haruna lukman would hv been a gud replacement but keshi left him out of d squad
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 15, 2013
Update: Joel Aguilar (El salvador) will be the match referee.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by caddylac(m): 7:19am On Jun 15, 2013
Yes i agree wit dat
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by rasbaby(f): 9:58am On Jun 15, 2013
adaobi123: I'm expecting double figures from this match grin

Ahahaha very funny like 10 or 20 you mean,pray if they score 1 or if they don't draw or even get beaten
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by dozai: 10:29am On Jun 15, 2013
j4jj:

I have mentioned this in several sports magazines but we seem not to take notice of it. Keshi gambled at AFCON and was lucky. 11 outfield players without a bench. he got lucky but for how long. We filled our bench with local league players that will not add value to d team. Keshi had local league defenders on d bench at AFCON but still played onazi RB against Zambia. Why? ? Onazi got injured and we re panicking. what if mikel follows suit. We re supposed to have depth both in field and bench. not passengers. We had 8 local based players at AFCON how many kicked the ball? 2 same thing will happen in brazil. Onazi is down one of them should take his position as simple as that. But I know. Oguh will be deployed to that unfamiliar territory. I dey watch and pray.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by DapsyDude: 11:36am On Jun 15, 2013
TAHITI GO FIRST DASH US 3POINTS. NO SHAKING
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by ovyeali: 1:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
grin grin grin ;Dniger certainly going to win
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by jibsai(m): 2:45pm On Jun 15, 2013
R2bees: you are right bro.. Haruna lukman would hv been a gud replacement but keshi left him out of d squad

Please please haruna what We here aint d coach! Keshi has picked his best 23 some are is standby and some will be called in d future//d lesson in keshi era is dat a player can't jst go to Bulgaria, romania or 2nd tier league in france or england nd make eagles set up...keshi has his way and by now we should know and stop all this pick dz/pick dat...by d way where is haruna now sef?
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by jibsai(m): 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
dozai:
I have mentioned this in several sports magazines but we seem not to take notice of it. Keshi gambled at AFCON and was lucky. 11 outfield players without a bench. he got lucky but for how long. We filled our bench with local league players that will not add value to d team. Keshi had local league defenders on d bench at AFCON but still played onazi RB against Zambia. Why? ? Onazi got injured and we re panicking. what if mikel follows suit. We re supposed to have depth both in field and bench. not passengers. We had 8 local based players at AFCON how many kicked the ball? 2 same thing will happen in brazil. Onazi is down one of them should take his position as simple as that. But I know. Oguh will be deployed to that unfamiliar territory. I dey watch and pray.

Um! Boss dat not true u know? Why would a national team go to a tournament to gamble? This is Nigeria for Godsake not Niger(no offence)yes he didn't promise us cup and yes he didn't say dey will fail either...onazi, mba are revelation of dat tournament sir, we all watched onazi came in 2nd match(zambia) and gave away a penalty remember, he later moved inward in d last group game displacing igebor, mba started Qf and went on to final...keshi def knows his team so...stop coaching urself here!
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by bingbagbo(m): 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
Seriously,...the only team Nigeria can beat is tahiti.
any nigerian that is thinking they can stand Oscar Tabarez's uruguay or del bosque's spain must be living in wonderland....

..like i have always said, this nigeria team lack quality, i mean there is no world-class player in the team and anybody that contests this should please give me names......ivory coast or Ghana would have been better contenders,,,seriously
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by lekansy(m): 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2013
i wish the team a successful outing.for your online news visit http://lekanbabarinde..com/
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2013
ndala: Goodluck supereagle the king of africa go and make the continent proud, but ehe I don play tahiti league o dem sabi ball o, if you miss the ball don't miss the leg na there motto
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by dozai: 5:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
Madawaki01: Seah we wil be able to watch those matches on startimes?
I need sombody to ansa me before i recharge on dis dusty decoder
YES
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by jibsai(m): 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2013
bin gbagbo: Seriously,...the only team Nigeria can beat is tahiti.
any nigerian that is thinking they can stand Oscar Tabarez's uruguay or del bosque's spain must be living in wonderland....

..like i have always said, this nigeria team lack quality, i mean there is no world-class player in the team and anybody that contests this should please give me names......ivory coast or Ghana would have been better contenders,,,seriously

Lol! World class players in Ghana? Anyways civ or gha didn't win d afcon...pass d mic *Potato head*

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by dozai: 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
jibsai:

Um! Boss dat not true u know? Why would a national team go to a tournament to gamble? This is Nigeria for Godsake not Niger(no offence)yes he didn't promise us cup and yes he didn't say dey will fail either...onazi, mba are revelation of dat tournament sir, we all watched onazi came in 2nd match(zambia) and gave away a penalty remember, he later moved inward in d last group game displacing igebor, mba started Qf and went on to final...keshi def knows his team so...stop coaching urself here!
Like they always say. see wrapper. see waist. person dey ask whether d wrapper go do. na 2days remain. we go count how many homebased kicked a ball. How many of them that put the team under pressure and how many that scored own goals. Time will tell. Till then bro
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by bingbagbo(m): 6:00pm On Jun 15, 2013
jibsai:

Lol! World class players in Ghana? Anyways civ or gha didn't win d afcon...pass d mic *Potato head*

yes, world-class players in Ghana (Michael Essien(chelsea), kevin prince boateng(AC MILAN), Andre ayew(Marseille), Kwadwo Asamoah(Juventus), Christian Atsu,(Porto) Emmanuel Frimpong(Arsenal), Jordan Ayew(Marseille), John Boye(Rennes), Asamoah Gyan(Al Ain) etc...these are quality players who play regularly for their european outfits....please can you list your crap nigeria players? grin i mean those enugu rangers players? grin grin then on the AFCON brag, i hope you know Ghana has won the AFCON on 4 different occasions and won it for keeps in 1978? .......lol
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2013
bin gbagbo:

yes, world-class players in Ghana (Michael Essien(chelsea), kevin prince boateng(AC MILAN), Andre ayew(Marseille), Kwadwo Asamoah(Juventus), Christian Atsu,(Porto) Emmanuel Frimpong(Arsenal), Jordan Ayew(Marseille), John Boye(Rennes), Asamoah Gyan(Al Ain) etc...these are quality players who play regularly for their european outfits....please can you list your crap nigeria players? grin i mean those enugu rangers players? grin grin then on the AFCON brag, i hope you know Ghana has won the AFCON on 4 different occasions and won it for keeps in 1978? .......lol
guy stop fooling yourself around here.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by bingbagbo(m): 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2013
Emmysteve: guy stop fooling yourself around here.

THE TRUTH IS AN OFFENCE, BUT NOT A SIN.....NEVER ARGUE WITH A FOOL cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by vanstanzy(m): 6:17pm On Jun 15, 2013
GO SUPER EAGLES! Tahiti should be a walk over grin grin grin... Unless!
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2013
bin gbagbo:

lmfao are those gaynians among your present squad? is mikel obi not a world class player? let me educate you a little; nigeria is building a formidable squad around local players and the last time i checked the plan is working perfectly. and why is ur so called world class players failed to win anything for the past 34yrs? and our home base were able to become the current african champions?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by ichidodo: 6:34pm On Jun 15, 2013
Mangala! Dance of the flags, Green white Green is Soaring high at the openin ceremony.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by bingbagbo(m): 6:35pm On Jun 15, 2013
Emmysteve: lmfao are those gaynians among your present squard? is mikel obi not a world class player? let me educate you a little; nigeria is building a formadable squard arround local players and the last time i checked the plan is working perfectly. and why is ur so called world class players failed to win anything for the past 34yrs? and our home base were able to become the curent african champions?

i said it....the !mbecile cannot even spell squad, formidable and around, words my little daughter can close the eyes and spell grin grin bush pig and you are talking about educating me grin grin grin grin grin grin *tears rolling down my eyes* ...guy, please finish school before you come here to debate okay, you are disgracing yourself here grin grin grin.............and what did he say? that mikel obi is what? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin*joke of the day* grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by spenca: 6:35pm On Jun 15, 2013
bin gbagbo:

A short response to your burnt skiin.....MIKEL OBI(U KNOW NOW) VICTOR MOSES (U KNOW NOW) ONAZI (IN CASE YOU DNT KNOW LAZIO) VICTOR ANICHEBE (EVERTON) SHOLA AMOEBI (NEWCASTLE UNT) BROWN IDEYE (DYNAMO KIYV) CHINEDU OBASI OGBUKE (SHALKE 04) to mention but few .....buh a little note for you ,individual big names dont win a competition ,go ask Holland bou it ....*drops mic*

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Elijah348(m): 6:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
Emmysteve: lmfao are those gaynians among your present squard? is mikel obi not a world class player? let me educate you a little; nigeria is building a formadable squard arround local players and the last time i checked the plan is working perfectly. and why is ur so called world class players failed to win anything for the past 34yrs? and our home base were able to become the curent african champions?
Hehehehehe best reply...Naija 4 life.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by bingbagbo(m): 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2013
spenca:
A short response to your burnt skiin.....MIKEL OBI(U KNOW NOW) VICTOR MOSES (U KNOW NOW) ONAZI (IN CASE YOU DNT KNOW LAZIO) VICTOR ANICHEBE (EVERTON) SHOLA AMOEBI (NEWCASTLE UNT) BROWN IDEYE (DYNAMO KIYV) CHINEDU OBASI OGBUKE (SHALKE 04) to mention but few .....buh a little note for you ,individual big names dont win a competition ,go ask Holland bou it ....*drops mic*

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DNIGERIA'S WORLD-CLASS PLAYERS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by jibsai(m): 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2013
bin gbagbo:

This guy is a comedian ooo, essien (regular player where?) K.P.B(a guy dat ran from ghana team cos of ur juju) ayew brothers are good? Why dey no com afcon? D rest u mentioned average players struggling all over Europe...ohh gyan is now in u.a.e sef @27 abi? ode// ghana won afcon? Last won when 1982 last (when afcon was still 8teams tournament,lol) ok I hear u o(u moAfvckers co-hosted with nigeria in 2000 ur loser team couldn't make ur nation proud of her investment same again in 2008 a time when 2 former hosts won(tunisia 04(ghana didn't qualify, egypt 06 competition ghana didn't do well *u remember taye taiwo wonder shot dat dropped d stars down(2-0)...since naija's afcon94 win...(exclude 96 nd 98)we hav palyed in every semi-final ofcos except in 2008 nd 2012 am still talkin o, Ghana dead team 4 so long dey had to wait 4 d likes of essien, muntari nd appaih den u-20 team players to help out, now u are trying small small u still won't let us hear, if they r dat good since naa...Haba! u 4 don win afon u and ur stupid civ friends...those ones claim best african team since when? O5/06 no cup to show, world cup nko first round exit regular on their 2 attempts...keep dreaming...u wont even make brazil 2014//#teamZambia baby(afcon champ 2012) remember,its very recent, not 82 o.m.g lol...don't post rubbish here again o//its d tournament of champs(continental champs) even taithi get mouth now

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 6:48pm On Jun 15, 2013
bin gbagbo:

i said it....the !mbecile cannot even spell squad, formidable and around, words my little daughter can close the eyes and spell grin grin bush pig and you are talking about educating me grin grin grin grin grin grin *tears rolling down my eyes* ...guy, please finish school before you come here to debate okay, you are disgracing yourself here grin grin grin.............and what did he say? that mikel obi is what? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin*joke of the day* grin grin grin
you are nothing but a big fool. i am sure you know the meaning of typo. useless pig. stop disgracing your fellow gaynians olofufu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (80) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 / Benin Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / France Vs Croatia: Russia 2018 Final (4 - 2) On 15th July 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.