Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,304 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (110469 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by emiye(m): 10:14am On Jun 17, 2013
CFCfan: Cote D' Ivoire are the 1st team to advance to the 3rd round of the World Cup African qualifying zone. They beat Tanzania 4-2 away.
By my calculation,they will be joined by this other 9 teams
Ethiopia, Tunisia, Ghana, Congo, Nigeria, Egypt,Algeria, Cameroon, Senegal.

Nigeria, Ghana, Cote d'ivoire, Tunisia and Algeria will be seeded .

Unseeded will be Cameroon, Congo, Ethiopia, Egypt and senegal, One of these five will be Nigeria's hurdle to Brazil 2014 world cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by emmke(m): 10:17am On Jun 17, 2013
South Africa are to Africa what England are to Europe.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by niytej(m): 10:22am On Jun 17, 2013
adaobi123: who's tahiti ? undecided
they are of course a 178.000 nation grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by emmke(m): 10:28am On Jun 17, 2013
emiye: By my calculation,they will be joined by this other 9 teams
Ethiopia, Tunisia, Ghana, Congo, Nigeria, Egypt,Algeria, Cameroon, Senegal.

Nigeria, Ghana, Cote d'ivoire, Tunisia and Algeria will be seeded .

Unseeded will be Cameroon, Congo, Ethiopia, Egypt and senegal, One of these five will be Nigeria's hurdle to Brazil 2014 world cup.

I guess this will be based on FIFA ranking. Being seeded implies u get to play your first match away; good thing. Now bring them on.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Osoldier: 10:33am On Jun 17, 2013
BY AUSTIN OGWUDA
ASABA — A high Court sit-ting in Ughelli, Delta State has sentenced two persons, described as “notorious rapists,” Ernest Steve, 30 and Jerry Godwin, 29, to life imprisonment for raping a 17-year-old daughter of a Pastor.

The incident took place on November 5, 2007 when the duo broke into the residence of the parents of the girl at Young Africa Close, Ovwian, armed with a gun and knife.

Prosecution told the court that after robbing parents of the young girl of valuables, they went ahead and had carnal knowledge of the girl (names withheld) serially, causing her severe injuries and psychological trauma.

Delivering judgment, the trial judge, Justice O. Tobi said the confessional statements of the accused admitted in evidence during trial passed the veracity test and was not in doubt, saying the prosecution led by P. T. Daubry had proved the essential ingredients of the three-count charge preferred against the accused persons.

The court declined the plea for mercy by the defence counsel, Mr. M. Oshemele, on the ground of law and proceeded to hand down the mandatory punishment for the offence they committed as prescribed by law.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by cman77(m): 10:37am On Jun 17, 2013
Where is joel obi? Y wasn't he invited if he is in good form? For the eagles attak,I don't knw y keshi likes dis brown ideye guy.he hasn't lived up to expectation,he is below avrage,nt a world class striker,he misses too many chances almost like yakubu aiyegbeni,passes zero in terms of accuracy.osaze shud have bin used in replacement 4 ideye.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by dvistaalozie: 10:38am On Jun 17, 2013
breezy047: Actually I'm looking forward to 7-0. cheesy
abeg who go score does goals cos i cant c any
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by gentlegg(m): 10:41am On Jun 17, 2013
The first time i saw this match advert on DSTV, I thought they meant Haiti. I never heard of Tahiti before.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 17, 2013
Following thread...

**Trying to reach Keshi's line to confirm if he's sticking to the line-up I texted him

If he doesn't, bet on Tahiti holding us to a Draw!
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 17, 2013
breezy047: I expect strict defensive play.

Mikel and Ogude must never venture forward along with the 2 central defenders. . .
When we are attacking in the opponents 3rd, we do so with 6 or atmost 7 players and those are the 3 strikers, the 2 wing backs and the attacking midfielder.

And when we are defending in our own half, the defensive midfielders should always shield the defence, the 2 wing strikers shielding the wings in line with the defensive midfielders and both the attacking midfielder and the central striker staying upfront prepared for the counter.

In some cases, Mikel or Ogude should be prepared to to be a 5th man in the central defence.

I don't want opponents crossing in from our wings, stringing passes smoothly in our goalie or getting space to fire shots on or off target.

Echiejiele better stand firm this time around.

Looking forward to a good game though.
very intrestin analysis. u good
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by vizboy(m): 11:07am On Jun 17, 2013
In God We Trust. This cup is ours
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by westpumpin(m): 11:17am On Jun 17, 2013
I believe the SuperEagle will win. Let's hope on them
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 17, 2013
Funny stat: Tahiti under-20 lost 5-0 to Nigeria under-20 in WYC Egypt 2009. And - wait for it- that was their best result in that tournament!

And the same team has metamorphosed into their current National team. Good news, isn' smileyt it?
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 11:23am On Jun 17, 2013
Jarus: Funny stat: Tahiti under-20 lost 5-0 to Nigeria under-20 in WYC Egypt 2009. And - wait for it- that was their best result in that tournament!

And the same team has metamorphosed into their current National team. Good news, isn' smileyt it?
Isn't it possible that they've improved? grin

But i don't like the way our matches were arranged. We start from the least tough team to the toughest. It would have been better it was the other way around. It's not psychologically ok to play Uruguay and Spain after playing a Tahiti.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 17, 2013
cman77: Where is joel obi? Y wasn't he invited if he is in good form? For the eagles attak,I don't knw y keshi likes dis brown ideye guy.he hasn't lived up to expectation,he is below avrage,nt a world class striker,he misses too many chances almost like yakubu aiyegbeni,passes zero in terms of accuracy.osaze shud have bin used in replacement 4 ideye.
Stop there.

Yakubu was Nigeria's best striker since Yekinni.

I don't know why guys keep underrating this guy.

Some people don't even know he is Nigeria's 3rd all-time highest goal scorer in national jersey.

He returned double-digit goals every season for 10 consecutive years in Europe - from being Nigerian league's highest goal scorer with Julius Berger (1999), to Maccabi Haifa, Portsmouth, Middleborough, Everton, Leicester, Blackburn and now in Xanghi or whatever in China. Everywhere the Yak goes, he scores. Every EPL season, he scored not less than 10 goals.

And this is the man some folks are using as model of bad striker?

Yes, he missed an all-important seater in a world cup, but it could have happened to even the bets striker in the world.

Give the guy a break.

As for Ideye, I still have confidence in him, even if he is firing blank. It is not for nothing that he averages 14 goals every season in European leagues - from Switzerland to France to Ukraine, finishing last season as 2nd highets goal scorer in Ukraine (17 goals), despite missing matches due to Nations cup duty.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
Isn't it possible that they've improved? grin

But i don't like the way our matches were arranged. We start from the least tough team to the toughest. It would have been better it was the other way around. It's not psychologically ok to play Uruguay and Spain after playing a Tahiti.

oh, it is better that way. Winning Tahiti with any 2-goal margin takes us to the top of teh group and we will be needing jsut a draw to qualify. We will get psychological boost if we beat Tahiti.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 17, 2013
emmke: South Africa are to Africa what England are to Europe.

I agree. All noise and glamour, no substance.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 11:35am On Jun 17, 2013
Jarus:

oh, it is better that way. Winning Tahiti with any 2-goal margin takes us to the top of teh group and we will be needing jsut a draw to qualify. We will get psychological boost if we beat Tahiti.
I guess that's another way to look at it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 17, 2013
My problem is onazi.Y wil injury kum by dis tym...!Let keshi replace him with obiora nwanwko,dat guy is gud,he wil fit wit mikel...!I hear say mikel don barb him dreadlock commot,na true?
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Krosswells: 11:58am On Jun 17, 2013
Please can someone tell me where I can watch tonite match online
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by AbuMikey(m): 12:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
Kindly vote Abu Mikey for Mr Nairaland
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by rayedge: 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
vizboy: In God We Trust. This cup is ours
How is the cup ours when NFA cannot pay match bonus, let alone their flight ticket.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
Krosswells: Please can someone tell me where I can watch tonite match online
Guy relax,the match is still 8pm,not that it has started,loads of link ll be available by then
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by hollandis(f): 12:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
I dont know why I have to subscribe to rogers to watch this game...other games are free but because na nigeria we must subscribe.let super eagles shame them and win the cup
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by scopusng(m): 12:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
Nigeria are one of two undefeated sides in the FIFA Confederations Cup, the other being Denmark. The then under the tutelage of Shaibu Amodu, went unbeaten in their previous participation in 1995, earning one win, two draws and losing only on penalties to Mexico in the match for third place.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
Abu Mikey: Kindly vote Abu Mikey for Mr Nairaland
Who is this mofo spamming the whole of NL,what ll you gain after winning this fantansy competition on a faceless forum, be like say u no get work

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Fogman(m): 12:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
adaobi123: who's tahiti ? undecided

A type of food common in Oceania
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by scopusng(m): 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Fogman(m): 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
O soldier: BY AUSTIN OGWUDA
ASABA — A high Court sit-ting in Ughelli, Delta State has sentenced two persons, described as “notorious rapists,” Ernest Steve, 30 and Jerry Godwin, 29, to life imprisonment for raping a 17-year-old daughter of a Pastor.

The incident took place on November 5, 2007 when the duo broke into the residence of the parents of the girl at Young Africa Close, Ovwian, armed with a gun and knife.

Prosecution told the court that after robbing parents of the young girl of valuables, they went ahead and had carnal knowledge of the girl (names withheld) serially, causing her severe injuries and psychological trauma.

Delivering judgment, the trial judge, Justice O. Tobi said the confessional statements of the accused admitted in evidence during trial passed the veracity test and was not in doubt, saying the prosecution led by P. T. Daubry had proved the essential ingredients of the three-count charge preferred against the accused persons.

The court declined the plea for mercy by the defence counsel, Mr. M. Oshemele, on the ground of law and proceeded to hand down the mandatory punishment for the offence they committed as prescribed by law.

Create a new thread for this
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by cman77(m): 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
Jarus:
Stop there.

Yakubu was Nigeria's best striker since Yekinni.

I don't know why guys keep underrating this guy.

Some people don't even know he is Nigeria's 3rd all-time highest goal scorer in national jersey.

He returned double-digit goals every season for 10 consecutive years in Europe - from being Nigerian league's highest goal scorer with Julius Berger (1999), to Maccabi Haifa, Portsmouth, Middleborough, Everton, Leicester, Blackburn and now in Xanghi or whatever in China. Everywhere the Yak goes, he scores. Every EPL season, he scored not less than 10 goals.

And this is the man some folks are using as model of bad striker?

Yes, he missed an all-important seater in a world cup, but it could have happened to even the bets striker in the world.

Give the guy a break.

As for Ideye, I still have confidence in him, even if he is firing blank. It is not for nothing that he averages 14 goals every season in European leagues - from Switzerland to France to Ukraine, finishing last season as 2nd highets goal scorer in Ukraine (17 goals), despite missing matches due to Nations cup duty.

U can't compare yekini wif yakubu in all ramifications.agreed yakubu was a fantastic striker in europe but hw well has he fared in natl duty.hw many goals did he score for SE durin his tyme.d last world cup is a pointer to dis.don't have anytin against him but he jst has badluk anytyme he plays 4 d eagles,to d extent dat 1 of his chances at d last world cup was described as d worst miss ever 4 a striker in d hist of d world cup.I still maintain my stand dat ideye is nt a striker,moreso d ukrainian league u talked abt is nt one of d top leagues in europe.no room 4 sentiments pls,u can't have like 5 goal scorin chances nd miss all nd u kal ursef a striker nd u want to score against world best spain.ideye is d odd one out.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
sobaemma: Eagles no fit win namibia,na tahiti,rubbish
so 4 ur left mind,u min say namibia or kenya no fit beat tahiti?How u dey see futbal?Childsplay?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (80) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 / Benin Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / France Vs Croatia: Russia 2018 Final (4 - 2) On 15th July 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.