Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 - Sports (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (110567 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 2:37am On Jun 18, 2013
Ok the commentary from ESPN was a complete disgrace.

1. Alexi Lalas saying that it would be lack of disrespect for Nigeria to rest their stars to play Tahiti? So exactly why does Lalas think Nigeria should not have the right to prioritize its games according to which are winnable?

2. The ESPN commentator was downright horrible... i lost count of the number of times he called the nigerian team undisciplined, lacked flair and didnt deserve to win by such a wide score margin. Just in case he has forgotten... soccer sometimes isnt pretty... it is the number of times you put the ball in your opponents net that counts.

I'm not one to shout racism at every turn but it is quite obvious that certain commentators treat african nations with disdain... almost like they are nothing but a bunch of third-world animals with all brawn and no skill. It takes skill to remain on a pitch for 90mins... if the commentator thinks it is easy he should put on a pair of boots and try in front for Tahiti.

Update - So i'm watching the studio commentary and i really feel like we need a space to make complaints to ESPN. this was terrible. To sit there listening to Steve McManaman whine about how disappointed he is at Nigeria for their indiscipline, selfish play... is galling. From a man who praises a poor English team for beating Andora?
Alexis Lalas moans about how he cant forgive Nigeria for not understanding basic things like the offside rule? Really? the same team that won the last african cup of nations? You think they won it by writing a result on paper?

And what exactly was Lalas resume as a player?

Well sebi Spain will play Tahiti... i will expect them to win by 30-0.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by jpphilips(m): 2:41am On Jun 18, 2013
SuyaEater: Enough with the pride....bring back odemwingie....

Bring in new fresh strikers or recall some old ones....drop ideye, musa, ujah .....

Ahmed musa is a waste
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by toshmann(m): 2:44am On Jun 18, 2013
davidylan: Ok the commentary from ESPN was a complete disgrace.

1. Alexi Lalas saying that it would be lack of disrespect for Nigeria to rest their stars to play Tahiti? So exactly why does Lalas think Nigeria should not have the right to prioritize its games according to which are winnable?

2. The ESPN commentator was downright horrible... i lost count of the number of times he called the nigerian team undisciplined, lacked flair and didnt deserve to win by such a wide score margin. Just in case he has forgotten... soccer sometimes isnt pretty... it is the number of times you put the ball in your opponents net that counts.

I'm not one to shout racism at every turn but it is quite obvious that certain commentators treat african nations with a disdain... almost like they are nothing but a bunch of third-world animals with all brawn and no skill. It takes skill to remain on a pitch for 90mins... if the commentator thinks it is easy he should put on a pair of boots and try in front for Tahiti.
I've never been pissed off like this before. I'm going to send them a mail. Those folks forgot that the eagles were having Jet-Lag angry
I was so damn pissed. I didn't watch the second half. All the abuses when we were up by 3-0. Why? angry

If Spain and Urugay beat us, so what? England lost all three games in the UEFA under 20 cup. I didn't call them sloppy ( I actually called them empty noisy barrels grin )
Even Israel that is at war beat them grin

Damn.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Excelgalaxy(m): 2:44am On Jun 18, 2013
so the boyz are good
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by toshmann(m): 2:46am On Jun 18, 2013
Excelgalaxy: so the boyz are good

They are tired. They tried. Much room for improvement but don't call them names
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by SuyaEater(m): 2:48am On Jun 18, 2013
davidylan: Ok the commentary from ESPN was a complete disgrace.

I'm not one to shout racism at every turn but it is quite obvious that certain commentators treat african nations with a disdain... almost like they are nothing but a bunch of third-world animals with all brawn and no skill. It takes skill to remain on a pitch for 90mins... if the commentator thinks it is easy he should put on a pair of boots and try in front for Tahiti.

The way they were commenting you will think USA is a powerhouse in football....it was unbelievable the way casey keller belittled nigeria....but praised the tahitians...yes the boys missed alot of chances...but hey thats football...he didnt even consider that the boys have been on 4 continents since may 31st ..north america to europe then to africa then to south america....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by hclacid(m): 2:51am On Jun 18, 2013
If Mikel didn't score against Tahiti, he's going to score against what team? grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 2:55am On Jun 18, 2013
SuyaEater:

The way they were commenting you will think USA is a powerhouse in football....it was unbelievable the way casey keller belittled nigeria....but praised the tahitians...yes the boys missed alot of chances...but hey thats football...he didnt even consider that the boys have been on 4 continents since may 31st ..north america to europe then to africa then to south america....

lol Casey Keller belittling Nigeria... you would think he was the goal keeper of the Spanish team. Another average player who is only where he is today by virtue of the visibility of the nation that granted him a passport. The US only qualifies for the world cup because it has teams no better than Tahiti to compete with. I watched the last US vs. Jamaica game... pathetic. Jamaica is only marginally better than Tahiti and America struggled to win 2-1 by virtue of a last minute goal.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by onitshaigbo(m): 2:57am On Jun 18, 2013
SuyaEater:

I think just people from any other nation would be rooting for Tahiti. Who doesn't want to witness a historic upset? If it was Ghana against Tahiti, I'd cheer for Tahiti.

But yeah, Nigeria's a rising star in international football, and some people, especially those from the West don't like it, especially if they think their own country (USA) is the next big thing in football.

But yeah, we need some work before we can really challenge Spain or Brazil. Hopefully we're good enough for Uruguay. They played horribly against Spain.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by class0247: 3:00am On Jun 18, 2013
i was watching the match on BBC and odemwingie was real ling making sense.i wonder why he was not invited
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by SuyaEater(m): 3:10am On Jun 18, 2013
davidylan:

lol Casey Keller belittling Nigeria... you would think he was the goal keeper of the Spanish team. Another average player who is only where he is today by virtue of the visibility of the nation that granted him a passport. The US only qualifies for the world cup because it has teams no better than Tahiti to compete with. I watched the last US vs. Jamaica game... pathetic. Jamaica is only marginally better than Tahiti and America struggled to win 2-1 by virtue of a last minute goal.

This naija team will beat the u.s team with no wahala....Not to make excuse for naija....but as a commentator you need to factor all the facts surrounding a team before you call them names ....he didnt even mention we are without victor moses or emenike.....he just used this opportunity to berate naija.

you are right about the racism part....its their mentality...its embedded in them to think that way of africans...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by onitshaigbo(m): 3:14am On Jun 18, 2013
SuyaEater:

This naija team will beat the u.s team with no wahala....Not to make excuse for naija....but as a commentator you need to factor all the facts surrounding a team before you call them names ....he didnt even mention we are without victor moses or emenike.....he just used this opportunity to berate naija.

you are right about the racism part....its their mentality...its embedded in them to think that way of africans...

I'm not a fan of Ghana. But my best moment in football-watching was when Ghana eliminated the US in South Africa. Never felt happier.

I may never live to see the blackman free from oppression and being at the top of the racial hierarchy, but it's moments of triumph like that that makes life worthwhile.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Ibime(m): 3:26am On Jun 18, 2013
This is a nonsense result.

Chile under-20 team just beat Tahiti 7-0.

I am fully expecting Uruguay to beat them no less than 12-0.

This means a draw against Uruguay will see us eliminated assuming we both lose to Spain

Without our two most important players (Onazi and Emenike), I have little hope for these boys.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by SuyaEater(m): 3:28am On Jun 18, 2013
onitshaigbo:

I'm not a fan of Ghana. But my best moment in football-watching was when Ghana eliminated the US in South Africa. Never felt happier.

I may never live to see the blackman free from oppression and being at the top of the racial hierarchy, but it's moments of triumph like that that makes life worthwhile.
I feel you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by SuyaEater(m): 3:29am On Jun 18, 2013
Ibime: This is a nonsense result.

This means a draw against Uruguay will see us eliminated assuming we both lose to Spain

Without our two most important players (Onazi and Emenike), I have little hope for these boys.

Most important players?.....Without victor moses ...these players will be on their couch watching another african team playing right now
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Soso990240(m): 3:59am On Jun 18, 2013
SuyaEater: I have never been really impress by sunday mba...I think cuz he scored 2 goals at the cup of nations make us blind to his incompetency ....there are better players on the street of lagos than these clowns playing for naija....

Mikel taking freekicks like he is pirlo hahahahaha .....what a joke of a player he is...wearing okocha's number 10...he won't even be on the bench on the 1994 eagles world cup team talkless of the 98 team.

Victor moses and emenike were the only reason we won the afcon....
i dnt like ur type.bcaus sunday mba misd a goal u labeld him incompetent? Cnt u see dat his 2legs hitd 2gother?Hw many times hav u watchd him play?scorin 2 most important goals in d afcon wasnt by mistake,he is a great player.as for ideye,he should be assisting and nt strickin.his assists ar world class.Emenike is returnin by october,u will see hw gud ideye is by then.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Soso990240(m): 4:09am On Jun 18, 2013
SORVEY: I have always been a lng tym fan of this site..it only makes me happy reading your comments here, but as for today, i felt like crying when i saw some peoples coment abt the match..o.m.g (weepin) i hope u guys watch the match....this was the same team chile u20 wiped 7-0 God nd u guys are hapy wit 6-1 hahaha very funny nd stupid...dhu am a pure fan of the eagles, bt keshi shld go nd stop this house his building dat always collaps....a coach dat dsnt have a sub...wit excuses like 'no minnow in futbal,'traveling problem ', 'the players lost concentration...may God punish the nff for saking siasia..nd i put it to you that keshi didnt contribut in afcon 2013...it is nt easy to be a nigeria, atleast even if u dnt win or score much..play a tactical football dat wil 9ja joy nd nt always loosin d bal unesarily...hahaha am stil laughing...wait till uruguay...
whch tactical football did eagles play under siasia? Or ar u drunk? Keshi is a good coach,nobdy needs ur opinion on dat.for him to knw d kind of players to invite and win d afcon,he is gud.why didnt ur siasia go far in any competition wit eagles? Did he use d right players? Instead he threatnd 2 deal wit osaze 4 bein stuborn..F*uck siasia.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by emmydee(m): 4:14am On Jun 18, 2013
Does it really mean that these are the best footballers Nigeria can afford
or is Keshi being forced to choose these ones?
How on earth can we hope on these juuunnks?

I pity for naija o.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 4:41am On Jun 18, 2013
You all know that those boys played right after a long flight, right?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Diasporan(m): 5:25am On Jun 18, 2013
emmydee: Does it really mean that these are the best footballers Nigeria can afford
or is Keshi being forced to choose these ones?
How on earth can we hope on these juuunnks?

I pity for naija o.
Pity yourself first before talking about pitying Naija cause the Naija itself don't need your pity.Bunch of Pessimists.That's how you all bashed them with your gutters in AFCON and they still came out victorious

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 5:42am On Jun 18, 2013
SuyaEater:

You are a very ediotic girl.....i think u didnt watch the match today...anybody with some ounce of sense will know naija played very useless....so we should be happy with mediocrity? thats why naija is still the way it is...backwards.

"if you want to criticise, do it small small"!-—2face.
your criticism is sided, why not look at their performance from another angle. by the way who is that dude on the youtube video you posted?
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by toshmann(m): 5:55am On Jun 18, 2013
Diasporan:
Pity yourself first before talking about pitying Naija cause the Naija itself don't need your pity.Bunch of Pessimists.That's how you all bashed them with your gutters in AFCON and they still came out victorious

Abi o, we wrote off our own boys after they played a draw with Zambia. Then predicted that Côte d'Ivoire will eat us raw. But we beat them. And won the cup.

Compare our attitude with that of the British. They have a hopeless team but they support their team and hype them up, we just run down our team.

Inferiority complex. If Spain beats us, so what? It's a game. We mustn't win. But we must develop a positive attitude towards our own, at least in sports, just a game, doesn't matter much and won't affect the price of condoms anyway so why not be nice to our boys

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by SuyaEater(m): 6:14am On Jun 18, 2013
Emmysteve: "if you want to criticise, do it small small"!-—2face.
your criticism is sided, why not look at their performance from another angle. by the way who is that dude on the youtube video you posted?

That na one naija guy wey dey analyze football....I just like watching him on youtube to see his views on naija and world football
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by olowodaran(m): 6:28am On Jun 18, 2013
tahiti won the match. This people for select small boys 4 my area. I swear we go beat this 9ja flops
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by adddy: 6:37am On Jun 18, 2013
Nigerians can talk talk sha.Cant u see talents in these SE boys? Forget all the mistakes they made, they will do well in this tournament.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by teniola55(m): 6:38am On Jun 18, 2013
I think keshi should call back ameobi and anichebe...ideye na wack!...the poorest striker the world has ever seen...xoxoxoxo
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by kolamilan(m): 6:43am On Jun 18, 2013
hcl_acid: If Mikel didn't score against Tahiti, he's going to score against what team? grin grin grin grin grin
you dey throw stone abi.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 18, 2013
6-1 is a great score line in any international match!

I never watched th match, please who scored? and how many did each score?
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 18, 2013
teniola55: I think keshi should call back ameobi and anichebe...ideye na wack!...the poorest striker the world has ever seen...xoxoxoxo

I will also add Kalu Uche, Martins and Bright Dike as other options. Akpala shouldn't be in d team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by kolamilan(m): 6:50am On Jun 18, 2013
Ibime: This is a nonsense result.

that's wrong assumption now, in football you can never predict.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 18, 2013
GenBuhari: 6-1 is a great score line in any international match!

I never watched th match, please who scored? and how many did each score?

Oduamadi 3goals
Echiejile 2 goals
Tehau own goal

Tehau also scored Tahiti's goal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 / Benin Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / France Vs Croatia: Russia 2018 Final (4 - 2) On 15th July 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.