Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 - Sports (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (110449 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by jibsai(m): 8:46am On Jun 18, 2013
collynzo2: Just learnt that Tahiti scored 20 goals in 5 matches at the Oceania cup, a competition that parades New Zealand and Australia, two world cup teams. Remember New Zealand were the only team to go unbeaten at athe last world cup.

Australia has moved to asia 4 about 6years now! I advise u get informed b4 coming here to pos
t heresy
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by collynzo2(m): 8:48am On Jun 18, 2013
many hypocrites here, this is how people were calling for Keshi's head after poor performances during the group stage of the nations cup. After they won the AFCON, it emerged that the NFF were actually ready to sack him if they lost to Ivory Coast. The same people who were calling for Keshi's head turned on NFF for not having confidence in the coach. Many hypocrites.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by dozai: 8:49am On Jun 18, 2013
Is it TRUE that Enyeama is d flop of d match?
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by caprini: 8:53am On Jun 18, 2013
Soso990240: i dnt like ur type.bcaus sunday mba misd a goal u labeld him incompetent? Cnt u see dat his 2legs hitd 2gother?Hw many times hav u watchd him play?scorin 2 most important goals in d afcon wasnt by mistake,he is a great player.as for ideye,he should be assisting and nt strickin.his assists ar world class.Emenike is returnin by october,u will see hw gud ideye is by then.

Truely bro,you know your football.Emenike and Ideye are like salt and pepper.Ideye makes Emenike shine.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by MayraC(f): 8:55am On Jun 18, 2013
@smoothcrim2014, u wrote "Chile's Under 20 did not win the U20 tournament in South America, but they beat Tahiti 7-0", ok...Nigeria beat Tahiti 6-1, so Seems like ur speech lacks a lil of objectivity sad...Even if we cannot ignore that Tahiti was making its debut at a major FIFA tournament,their players showed real quality in d game...However, Nigeria team was superior on d game..Come on smiley!!! Nigeria team won d Africa Cup of Nations few months ago..Seriously, what results did u expect with great players such as Mikel, Musa and Ujah ??...Waiting for ur next comment for Nigeria next game wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by honeric01(m): 8:58am On Jun 18, 2013
jibsai:

Australia has moved to asia 4 about 6years now! I advise u get informed b4 coming here to pos
t heresy

And what about New zealand? didn't they beat New zealand? the same New zealand Spain managed to beat 1:0 in the last world cup?
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 18, 2013
olowodaran:

she is nt single, she is tripple. Na for nairaland u 4 dy find gal? B4 i even read finish i dn knw where u dy go. Ashawo
olowodaran:

she is nt single, she is tripple. Na for nairaland u 4 dy find gal? B4 i even read finish i dn knw where u dy go. Ashawo
olowodaran:

lwkmd.. Badt guy... No mind d mumu... Make him go dating site
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 18, 2013
dozai: Is it TRUE that Enyeama is d flop of d match?

who be d madman wey talk dat rubbish.. Shw me make i end him pathetic lyf ASAP

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by parki: 9:05am On Jun 18, 2013
The game ystday was unimpressive. if the super eagles play the same way against Uruguay and Spain, the super eagles won't progress beyond the group stage. Our boys had clear chances but they couldn't convert. They should have scored 9 goals but they had to concede against Tahiti. why? Everyone wants to be a hero in Nigeria.

The eagles should better learn how to play as a team if they want to progress in the competition, that's all.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by sayso: 9:05am On Jun 18, 2013
I think the Super Eagles just won their Confederation cup.Tahiti won theirs when they scored the goal.So lets keep our joy for the world cup.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by scottpirlo24: 9:07am On Jun 18, 2013
I think it was a good game considering some factors in place .... Great game musa, nnamdi, obi .... We have to take positives from the game and work on the negatives, most team in the tournament av shortcomings , Brazil has a very weak defence luiz alwayz out of position so on , so Nigeria had to play in two different time zone , long travel from south africa to Brazil, lack of rest, confusion brought by Yeye NFA , having no or little fan support them in the stadium , players poor commitment due to NFA actions , lack of motivation, the players don't even know d government will take care of them if Injured considering Onazi's case...... With all this they played fine, if motivated they will win next game , besides nigerian Goal keeper had very bad game .... When I mean bad game... I mean terrible game

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 18, 2013
mama-gee:
Tahiti will get another thrashing when they face Spain and Uruguay...

Please how did this country qualify?

no mata hw team bad.. U must c d 1 wey worse pass dem la
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by collynzo2(m): 9:15am On Jun 18, 2013
honeric01:

And what about New zealand? didn't they beat New zealand? the same New zealand Spain managed to beat 1:0 in the last world cup?
Newzealand went unbeaten in the last world cup, all draws.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by honeric01(m): 9:19am On Jun 18, 2013
collynzo2: Newzealand went unbeaten in the last world cup, all draws.

Imagine, the same New zealand that lost no game in the world cup lost the continental crown to this same "plumber" of a Tahiti team..... Tahiti didn't get here for the fun, they defeated countries to get here!

I think the 1:0 was from the last confederations cup. spain won with just 1:0
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by caukerzee(m): 9:21am On Jun 18, 2013
toshmann:

I've never been pissed off like this before. I'm going to send them a mail. Those folks forgot that the eagles were having Jet-Lag angry
I was so damn pissed. I didn't watch the second half. All the abuses when we were up by 3-0. Why? angry

If Spain and Urugay beat us, so what? England lost all three games in the UEFA under 20 cup. I didn't call them sloppy ( I actually called them empty noisy barrels grin )
Even Israel that is at war beat them grin

Damn.
I did not watch the game on ESPN, neither did i get my opinions about the performance from any oyibo football analyst or tabloids. Fact is we had a bad game inspite of the scoreline. I am happy we won no doubt, infact no one screamed louder than i did when we scored those goals, but i am pissed by our performance. Jetlag can never be an excuse for missing 10 one-on-ones in the name of trying to dribble the goalie before we score. Jetlag cannot also be held reponsible for falling for the offside trap 8 times against such an amature side. Jetlag would have been an excuse if we played slugishly, but we were actually the better side, we even looked more lively than ever. If you understand the tactical aspect of the game, you would know we sucked at that. We won by such a scoreline not because we played spectarcularly, but because Tahiti was way too inferior and couldnt match our talent. Missing 10 one-on-ones is gross. If we play the way we did last night against spain, we would lose by a similar scoreline. I am still very much happy we won by 5 goals, but i think we could have done better.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by collynzo2(m): 9:23am On Jun 18, 2013
honeric01:

Imagine, the same New zealand that lost no game in the world cup lost the continental crown to this same "plumber" of a Tahiti team..... Tahiti didn't get here for the fun, they defeated countries to get here!

Tell that to the hypocrites here, watch them give excuse when Spain fail to score up to 6 against Tahiti. Just save this post.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by brownlord: 9:34am On Jun 18, 2013
mama-gee:
Tahiti will get another thrashing when they face Spain and Uruguay...

Please how did this country qualify?

Na inec rig am for them
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by deols(f): 9:41am On Jun 18, 2013
Emmysteve: some pple still no dey satisfy o. imagine!

I was satisfied. c'mon! you didnt understand my comment.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by fujirice: 9:50am On Jun 18, 2013
sylvalord:

who be d madman wey talk dat rubbish.. Shw me make i end him pathetic lyf ASAP
Even Casilas chop one, Buffon chop one(call it penalty but goal na goal plus Chicharito made him look average with that pen). The goal that 9ja conceeded, any team in the world would have conceeded it as well! I wonder why we are like this, yes we missed loads of chances but does that make the entire team useless? I pity Uruguay and Spain, let them write us off at their own peril because I know a new eagle will emerge on thursday and all the hypocrits here will still do what they know how to do best!
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by redcliff: 9:57am On Jun 18, 2013
[size=14pt]lmao...this match would be really funny., I am expecting it..[/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 10:02am On Jun 18, 2013
honeric01:

New Zealand and Australia are not longer in the Oceania division. They play in the Asian division now. Tahiti beat the likes of Solomon islands, Faroe Islands etc to make it to the confederations.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by collynzo2(m): 10:17am On Jun 18, 2013
Afam4eva:
New Zealand and Australia are not longer in the Oceania division. They play in the Asian division now. Tahiti beat the likes of Solomon islands, Faroe Islands etc to make it to the confederations.
new zealand is still there, they were knocked out in the semis
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 18, 2013
Afam4eva:

New zealand is still very much in oceania, they are currently at the top of the 2014 world cup qualifiers table in oceania with Tahiti as the 3rd on the table out of four teams.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by ThunderStorm(m): 10:25am On Jun 18, 2013
Oi Ibime . . Please do check your mail-box quickly please!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by omanzo02: 10:29am On Jun 18, 2013
bamosagie: I miss Osaze

Osaze was on BBC sport as analyst for the match, and he spoke in support of the team, one thing I noticed he always use 'we' when making reference to Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by honeric01(m): 10:34am On Jun 18, 2013
Afam4eva:

Wrong, only Australia was moved.

Oceania
American Samoa
Cook Islands
Fiji
New Caledonia
New Zealand
Papua New Guinea
Samoa
Solomon Islands
Tahiti
Tonga
Vanuatu
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 11:03am On Jun 18, 2013
optimus-prime1:
Nigeria has no striker at aaaaaaaalllll, its when SE's play a strong team like Uruguay who are desperate to win now, esp after Spains win over them, thats when we'll know these SE's played rubbish today... Mtchew btw
Uruguay(17) VS Tahiti (0)
Spain (21) VS Tahiti (0)
I have never liked Musa one bit right from the get go.
Its very clear to see Nigeria won AFCON because of Moses and Emenike, point blank the end.
We didnt win AFCON because of anybody. Is it possible for Emenike to have scored those his clean goals without Mikel's passes. Even his freekick against CIV, na mike lay am. Was it possible for Mikel to have made thos play making moves if not for Ogude's dirty job tackles. Have you forgotten our great defence, holding the likes of Bance, Pretoria, Mbesuma, Drogba, Kolo and Yaya Toure, Kalou etc Boy, our win was as a result of a complete team work and God's assistance as well. Besides, Ideye isnt a striker as many think. He is a potential supporting striker (cool.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by collynzo2(m): 11:05am On Jun 18, 2013
omanzo02:

Osaze was on BBC sport as analyst for the match, and he spoke in support of the team, one thing I noticed he always use 'we' when making reference to Nigeria.
so what, is he not a Nigerian? He shouldn't come anywhere near the team though.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 18, 2013
fujirice:
Even Casilas chop one, Buffon chop one(call it penalty but goal na goal plus Chicharito made him look average with that pen). The goal that 9ja conceeded, any team in the world would have conceeded it as well! I wonder why we are like this, yes we missed loads of chances but does that make the entire team useless? I pity Uruguay and Spain, let them write us off at their own peril because I know a new eagle will emerge on thursday and all the hypocrits here will still do what they know how to do best!

lo mind dem jawe.. Super eagles tried but d truth z dat.. We need to do more ooo
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 18, 2013
redcliff: [size=14pt]lmao...this match would be really funny., I am expecting it..[/size]

lmao.. Guy whch planet u cum 4rm.. Na pluto?
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by odibenson(m): 11:12am On Jun 18, 2013
Shevmaen:

Who said So? How about Australia's 31 - 0 win against American Samoa on April 11 2001. Fifa worldcup qualifier (KOJA 2002).
i meant in the confedration cup
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 18, 2013
Thanks.
It shows we have players who are capable of scoring goals.
Nigeria could surprise a few people o!
CFCfan:

Oduamadi 3goals
Echiejile 2 goals
Tehau own goal

Tehau also scored Tahiti's goal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 / Benin Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / France Vs Croatia: Russia 2018 Final (4 - 2) On 15th July 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.