Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (136160 Views)

How To Root Tecno Phantom A+(f7) M3,l3,d5 And Q1 Easily. Bonaventure73 / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Acidosis(m): 6:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
gbanikiti: please we need more testimonies on how Tecno Has changed your lives. it's not easy to be an android user. I advice blackberry users to repent and give up their phones for Tecno. praaaaise the lord! grin
Loll

BB will die a silent death soon.. just like nokia.

Do you realise Nokia now pay Seun Osewa to help advertise some nokia products¿ sad grin grin grin

Thats exactly what will happen to BB users soon.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by zeanslim(m): 6:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
uche16: oga u just copied my post and started a topic,anyway thanks for bringing my topic to the frontpage.copy-copy,olodo
WHO COPIED YOUR POST U ARE D OLODO
was d pix edited by u....or r u d only who got access to internet abeg no vex me ooo
source
http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=376418652479670&id=277381149050088&set=a.369353883186147.1073741825.277381149050088&refid=17&ref=stream
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Ninilowo(m): 6:06pm On Jun 05, 2013
Buh why all the noise .now? let everyone go with his mind. ENOUGH PLEASE.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Randerl: 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
2ruly, u made my day. Tecno is the best.

amAZEing: The market for Smartphones is an open ended and level playing field according to each OEM capacity.

As l post this at the supermarket right across my office l can see Mac Cleans; Closeup and several different brands of Toothpaste. Is left for the consumer to pick the one that suits him/her best.

Same goes for the different clubs and leagues in Europe. Chelsea, Man.U, Real M, Barca etc is all a matter of choice to the Fans and Viewers.

My dad can't foist his party on the entire family. Same goes for the Faith I want to practice. It's a personal decision I need to make.

And at school my teacher can only counsel me on.the different careers. I make the final decision not him.

In the matter pertaining to Tecno and Samsung with others like BB, Nokia etc.

TECNO is the ONLY CREDIBLE ALTERNATIVE in terms of Quality, Availability, After Sales Services and Performance.

When I think of Android Smartphones, I See Tecno
Android Smartphones like the bestselling N3, N7 and the much awaited Phantom A1.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by tunsmart: 6:13pm On Jun 05, 2013
xxyz17:
Can you in all honesty say that your decision to shun other Android smart phones for Tecno is not borne out of the price factor?
You rily wanna hook this guy on price factor?...if you dont think the s3,the iphone 4,5 of this world,are not overpriced for their actual values,then you sir,is penny wise,and pounds foolish

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Randerl: 6:15pm On Jun 05, 2013
Acidosis:
Loll

BB will die a silent death soon.. just like nokia.

Do you realise Nokia now pay Seun Osewa to help advertise some nokia products¿ sad grin grin grin

Thats exactly what will happen to BB users soon.

+100
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by olatwo(m): 6:17pm On Jun 05, 2013
grin
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by auhanson(m): 6:18pm On Jun 05, 2013
Acidosis: Hmm

Its normal for people who haven't used any of these phones (Techno N3, N7 & F7) to bark.

I did similar thing those days when I was a symbian fanatic. Infact I insulted some android folks then. Few days after I got my first android, then I realised my stup¡d¡ty cheesy

I'm presently typing with a small android phone (galaxy pocket), and I'm ready to sell for N5,000 to any willing buyer. Its not worth the 20K.

I refused to be f00led by some small small chips.
Techno is only trying to open our eyes!

Samsung etc only sell their NAMES to us! The phone is nowhere close to the selling price. Don't be f00led by small Korean teenagers.

I've used Techno N3, seen N7 and all I can say is... wow!
Bye to Samsung, HTC, as for Nokia, they died a long time ago.
grin

Hello Acidosis, i seems to like your post, it looks real, let me ask you an honest question. Pls give me an honest answer, i use htc built on android platform, what is battery life of the techno like(i mean n3 n7 and the phantom in comparison to samsung or nokia product) that's my only concern..i dnt want to be fooled like i was fool into black berry useless battery lifespan, so annoying!! Thanks in much awaited anticipation
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by maasoap(m): 6:19pm On Jun 05, 2013
xxyz17:
Can you in all honestly say that your decision to shun other Android smart phones for Tecno is not borne out of the price factor?
That's exact message the tecno lovers have been trying to pass across. Why paying 67k for S3 when you can get F7 for 33k with almost the same functions and warranty? You people are not that rich yet, you want the world to know that you're associated with expensive gadgets. What kind of mentality is that?

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Rhino5dm: 6:19pm On Jun 05, 2013
gbanikiti: Rhinoceros, go and get your own Tecno phone and you will come back and give your own testimony! Your life will never remain the same. The lord is good! grin
Am yet to buy my own phantom anyway.am still enjoying my T3. cool cool

OLORUN MA JE!!! Back to the sender!!!

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by xxyz17(m): 6:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
Acidosis:

Yes its price factor.

Why should I pay N80K- N100K for something I could get for N33K?
Jeez!
Even the SII beats F7 hands down in terms of hardware and software rendering. How can I buy a phone that won't get an update? So if a bug is discovered in the OS that came with the F7 and a patch is released I won't be able to update? There's no basis for comparism here.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2013
elphamexcels: I Strongly support TEAM TECNO.. I fink its high time we begin to appreciate china..
They have been of great help to Africa and its populace, if not for china, Africans would still be buying phones at extremely expensive prices. The introduction of Chinese phones, due to competition has made a whole lot of other phones purchasable.

Moreover, Tecno is planning on building a phone plant in Nigeria, because we are its largest consumers in Africans, Imagine Americans using "made in NIGERIA" Android phones. Isn't that awesome, I'm in full support of this rejuvenation.
We have been patronizing team SAMSUNG, team NOKIA, RIM(team Blackberry) e.t.c over the years, They all keep saying Nigeria is their largest market in Africa, yet what have they done to improve the Nigerian economy, besides sucking us dry?

On a normal day, i would have so abused Techno and even discourage the purchase of their products, but my neighbor uses N7, and i have seen the mod-us-operandi, its so wow. I fink its high time we Africans begin to appreciate this peeps. I rest ma case.
u ar d only one who really made a good point why we used be using tecno in nigeria, unlike the op who is clearly a tecno staff trying to advertise the stuff without making any good point apart from the vain points
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by caukerzee(m): 6:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Ojix85: 6:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
50 million Galaxy S3 smartphones sold already... 50million pple can't be wrong.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by caukerzee(m): 6:23pm On Jun 05, 2013
Acidosis:

So the little stuffs you listed is worth the price difference??

N100,000 - N33,000

Yes. The things i listed are not little anyway. If i decided to compare the specs individualy, that woul be another 20+ features that are better. If i also decide to list the Softwares that samsung has which are not from the android OS, that would be another 10+ features. Point of correction, the S3 is never 100k. Get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Greatpooss(m): 6:23pm On Jun 05, 2013
Techno all the way! Nothing can hinder ur reign.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Phrankin(m): 6:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
Does this tecno n7 have gps? I mean real gps not a-gps
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by maasoap(m): 6:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ojix85: 50 million Galaxy S3 smartphones sold already... 50million pple can't be wrong.
No, they're not wrong. We just don't understand them.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
I want u guys to know that,its not up to 8 years that tecno started,they are still young and growing rapidly,,samsung is an old name,,i dont like samsung products,expecialy their normal phone,,i have use diferent kind of their mobile phones includin SGH A788,they all give me batteries and network problem,,samsung is a worst product in term of phone making,dats why samsung asian (china and korea) come about android,apart from their asian android,samsung other normal mobile was very bad,,but today,tecno has given me the reason why not to waste my money on such product anymore,,am not talking about name,am talking about satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by gbanikiti(m): 6:31pm On Jun 05, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

OLORUN MA JE!!! Back to the sender!!!
LWKMD!! grin grin
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by xxyz17(m): 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
tunsmart: You rily wanna hook this guy on price factor?...if you dont think the s3,the iphone 4,5 of this world,are not overpriced for their actual values,then you sir,is penny wise,and pounds foolish
Different strokes for different folks. They may be overpriced to you, but maybe not to the next man.
It will be easier for hell to freeze over than for Techno F7 to match the Samsung SIII in terms of performance and durability, heck! Not even the SII
Do you see Tecno second hand phones in the market? Are their parts and accessories easily available? How serviceable is the phone?
Can I get OS updates? These are few of the things you consider before rushing off to buy a phone because its cheap.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by maasoap(m): 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
xxyz17:
Jeez!
Even the SII beats F7 hands down in terms of hardware and software rendering. How can I buy a phone that won't get an update? So if a bug is discovered in the OS that came with the F7 and a patch is released I won't be able to update? There's no basis for comparism here.
Then, root your device. I've rooted my phones 3 times and unrooted it 2 times.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Ojix85: 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
maasoap: No, they're not wrong. We just don't understand them.

Dude, techno isn't even listed as a phone brand on gsmarena.com .. We can't do a reasonable comparison
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by s3nn2x(m): 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
pappilo: Just buy a Google Nexus 4 for £240/$300
O'boi where did you get you sum from? Are you aware that the Google Nexus 4 is even more expensive than Samsung Galaxy SIII in Nigeria? Except you sell it at that price, please don't spread false information here. Before you crucify me, just check slot, jumia, smartbuy etc. websites.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by gbanikiti(m): 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
Saklekplus: I want u guys to know that,its not up to 8 years that tecno started,they are still young and growing rapidly,,samsung is an old name,,i dont like samsung products,expecialy their normal phone,,i have use diferent kind of their mobile phones includin SGH A788,they all give me batteries and network problem,,samsung is a worst product in term of phone making,dats why samsung asian (china and korea) come about android,apart from their asian android,samsung other normal mobile was very bad,,but today,tecno has given me the reason why not to waste my money on such product anymore,,am not talking about name,am talking about satisfaction.
Praise the Lord! Eyi Oluwa l'ogo! ogo!! grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Ojix85: 6:37pm On Jun 05, 2013
Techno of 1.0ghz processor in 2013 ...specs of 2010. I can't even play asphalt 7 on this Ish...
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by xxyz17(m): 6:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
maasoap: That's exact message the tecno lovers have been trying to pass across. Why paying 67k for S3 when you can get F7 for 33k with almost the same functions and warranty?

You said almost.
What you should understand is that it is wrong to state that both phone do the same thing when you know that the specs aren't the same. For eg, the SIII packs a quadcore clocked at 1.4 while the F7 is just dual core clocked at 1.0GHz, now under intense use, you can hardly differentiate the F7 from an electric iron and the battery will drain faster, but the SIII will still be cool.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by tosnat: 6:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
nigerians,suffering and smiling..why buy galaxy s3 at 65k or so wen u won't even maximise its half its utility?if dere were no alternatives den it wuld be understandable cos an android smartfone is a lovely piece to have.here comes tecno wit immense quality at its disposal at an affordable price.s3 no doubt has some better features compared to d phantom buh d question is;can you maximise phantom's utility??...even the low end fones are under utilised buy crazy for nothing low and average class nigerians.I wonder why dey'll spend a year or half's savings for a samsung blackboard that will eventually get stolen or fall into water.samsung from korea,tecno from china,both from asia..so wat re we saying??thumbs up tecno,at least every nigerian can now afford a smartfone...

2 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by xxyz17(m): 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
caukerzee: Yes. The things i listed are not little anyway. If i decided to compare the specs individualy, that woul be another 20+ features that are better. If i also decide to list the Softwares that samsung has which are not from the android OS, that would be another 10+ features. Point of correction, the S3 is never 100k. Get your facts right.
Bro these people make me laugh. To them they can call it "little" but in the tech circles, that "little" means a lot. Most of then started using Tecno as their first ever smart phone.
If you think you F7 can do what the SIII does, connect like 3 to 4 devies to your phone via wifi-hotspot, and then try streaming video on the web. Just watch your phone's temperature and battery life from then on. Some phones are called high end smart phones for a reason.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Randerl: 6:55pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ojix85:

Dude, techno isn't even listed as a phone brand on gsmarena.com .. We can't do a reasonable comparison
grin grin grin grin grin na free of charge to get listed for GSMA? grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by xxyz17(m): 6:56pm On Jun 05, 2013
maasoap: Then, root your device. I've rooted my phones 3 times and unrooted it 2 times.
Are you aware that rooting voids your warrantee?
What if I dont want to root my device?

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by tosnat: 6:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
xxyz17:

You said almost.
What you should understand is that it is wrong to state that both phone do the same thing when you know that the specs aren't the same. For eg, the SIII packs a quadcore clocked at 1.4 while the F7 is just dual core clocked at 1.0GHz, now under intense use, you can hardly differentiate the F7 from an electrin iron and the battery will drain faster, but the SIII will still be cool.
Who else wuld use a fone so much so tense dat it will heat up like an electric iron if not a crazy nigerian??...if 1.0GHz processor is not more than enough for you to use the I wonda wat kind of person you are. Since u have nofin else to do dan waste ur tym operating a fone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks / Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.