Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Please Help Review this Cover Letter - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help Review this Cover Letter (30615 Views)

Please Constructively Criticise This Cover Letter / Please Help In Evaluating This Cover Letter / Imagine This Cover Letter: Can It Work Here in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Review this Cover Letter by Temptee101(m): 10:49am On Jun 07, 2013
Dis Guy: see as everbody turn expert overnight!

. Hahahahaahaha!!! Laff wan disfigure my intestines. I beg u o
Re: Please Help Review this Cover Letter by 2blunt: 12:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
na cover leta remain to dey write for NL, hmmmmm, i will be gone till november
Re: Please Help Review this Cover Letter by dulphines: 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
InvertedHammer:

What's your point?
What I wrote on this issue is not a formal presentation.

Besides, I am not the one looking for a job. So Step off!!!

Sorry sir, I see you like to correct others but don't like to be corrected. I am sorry sir!
Re: Please Help Review this Cover Letter by MsSantaClaus(f): 9:02am On Jun 13, 2013
donpere: Hey guys a friend just sent me this cover letter to help edit. I have edited . Below is the Result. Pleas i want to know if its okay.

FULL NAMES, BSc.
1 ADDRESS ROAD ,
EKPOMA , EDO STATE
NIGERIA
G.S.M: (+234xxxxxxxxxx)
Email: xxxxxxx@ymail.com

6,5, 2013

The Human Resources Manager,

Access Bank Plc,

Lagos,

Nigeria

Dear Sir,

APPLICATION FOR GRADUATE TRAINEE

I hereby apply for a Graduate Trainee position in your organization in response to your advertisement 6th May, 2013. I am a promising, hardworking recent university graduate with a background in Accounting and Management. As a creative, energetic individual with excellent communications skills and a pleasant, accommodating manner, I believe I offer the right combination of skills to be just that person you require.

As you can see from my enclosed résumé, I recently graduated from the Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.

While in the University, I worked as the treasurer of management Science Students Association of Nigeria,(MASSAN) Falculty of Management Science , Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma . In this, I quickly earned a reputation as a professional, conscientious worker with excellent personal -relations skills. In addition, I am known as someone who is driven to get things done. Among my other strengths, I have good research skills and IT Skills.

After My University , I worked Briefly as a contract staff with Polaris Digitech , Land Surveyors & GIS consultants as a systems operator, i have excellent knowledge of Arc Maps, Oracle 11g data base, Linus OS, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft Word.

As a fast learner with a large capacity for growth and development, I am confident that, with these skills and traits to offer, I will prove to be an asset to your company.

I would be pleased to have the opportunity to discuss and look forward to speaking with you soon. Feel free to contact me at the address and phone number listed above.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

XXXXXXXX

A cover letter should have some personality to it, to be honest this one doesn't? It could have been written by anyone. My two cents, let your personality pop out.
Re: Please Help Review this Cover Letter by Sike(m): 9:47am On Sep 19, 2013
See as people dey comment anyhow. I don dey confuse self.
Re: Please Help Review this Cover Letter by Sike(m): 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
Hi Guys, i really need y'all to clear my mind on some questions relating to the issue here.
NOTE: These questions is only based on when one is applying in person and not through emails.
1) Must a cover letter be hand written or printed like the CV?
2) How best can it be submitted? (i.e folded inside an envelop both CV and cover letter or just straight/plain).
The reason i asked these questions is solely because i have a couple of organisations and companies i was thinking of applying to randomly, perhaps i might get lucky as there's no prior advertisement for a vacancy. So i think getting a printed cover letter with different addresses will be very difficult... Thank you!
Re: Please Help Review this Cover Letter by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
ROSYL: Childish!

MUMU! YES YOU. MUMU!

SOLUTION, U NO GET... NA TO SHOUT "CHILDISH!" U KNOW

CAPITAL MUMU.
Re: Please Help Review this Cover Letter by Sike(m): 6:28am On Sep 20, 2013
Sike: Hi Guys, i really need y'all to clear my mind on some questions relating to the issue here.
NOTE: These questions is only based on when one is applying in person and not through emails.
1) Must a cover letter be hand written or printed like the CV?
2) How best can it be submitted? (i.e folded inside an envelop both CV and cover letter or just straight/plain).
The reason i asked these questions is solely because i have a couple of organisations and companies i was thinking of applying to randomly, perhaps i might get lucky as there's no prior advertisement for a vacancy. So i think getting a printed cover letter with different addresses will be very difficult... Thank you!
Somebody please answer this. sad
Re: Please Help Review this Cover Letter by winmat(f): 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
just a little editing & pls be careful of ur words.
Re: Please Help Review this Cover Letter by ezzye: 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
...well not bad though but ur cover letter should be brief and must use bullet points

please see this link to learn more

http://canadian-resume-service.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Oilfield-Consultant-Cover-Letter.png
Re: Please Help Review this Cover Letter by uchedetemple(m): 7:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
"God Bless You"
Re: Please Help Review this Cover Letter by Danfuster(m): 1:08am On Dec 19, 2015
keleto:

PLS NAIRALANDERS,KINDLY LOOK AT THIS RESUME AND COMMENT PLS,.....THANKS

6th June,2013.

Dear Sir/Madam,
JOB APPLICATION
I am a graduate of Electrical & Electronics Engineering from the (SCHOOL). My ambition is to pursue a career in Automation, Instrumentation and Control. I enjoy working in a team environment, and I have interest in power,electromechanical and control systems.
As a maintenance engineer at (COMPANY), am presently involved in the preventive and corrective maintenance schedule on automated production machines,installation and troubleshooting faults in electrical control components in various control panels
I have also worked as an Electrical Engineer at (COMPANY),where I was involved in assembling, control wiring and installation of electrical switchgears-----Synchronisation panel,Automatic Transfer Switch(ATS) panels and various Distribution Board(DB),and later carried out control design with Auto-Cad. These assisted me in troubleshooting various faults in electrical control panels.
I hope to bring integrity,creativity,and dedication to your company, as I look forward to a challenging career and opportunity to expand my skills,if you would kindly give me a role to play in your organization.
Sincerely,
(NAME)
Tel: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is so what I've been looking for... Thanks a million for this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unilag Masters Test? / How I Scammed Lagos Job Scammers / Vacancy At Diamondbank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.