Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Nigerian-made Footwear Attracts Higher Patronage - Survey - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian-made Footwear Attracts Higher Patronage - Survey (594 Views)

Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods / is lagos helping the patronage for Yoruba Goods, Services And Products / Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian-made Footwear Attracts Higher Patronage - Survey by oboy3(m): 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2013
Abuja -- A survey has shown that locally manufactured footwear now attracts higher patronage than foreign ones.
The survey, carried out on Wednesday, showsthat in the past three months Nigerian-made footwears, particularly slippers, were highly preferred. Their design is simple, it is easy to use them. The survey also showed that the local products were relatively cheaper than imported ones.
A manufacturer of footwears, Emeka Eze, saidthat he had improved the quality and design of his products to make them more competitive.
Mr. Eze said that he had since introduced some people to the business. All of these people are doing well, according to him. He said the items used in producing the footwear are easy to procure and also affordable, listing some as ram skin, discarded tyres, rubber and locally-made gum.
"The slippers are selling like hot cake, customers now even have to pre-order for them to be made in different sizes and colours," he said.
Another manufacturer, John Obi, said it took him only about two days to undergo the process, noting that he could produce about 25 to 30 pieces daily.
"We are happy that business is moving and more people are appreciating locally manufactured products," he said.
Another shoe-maker, Kelechi Nnamdi, said that the slippers could last for about two years and can be washed and dried.
Kelechi appealed to government to assist shoe-makers financially to expand their production scope.
"We need a place where we can set up factories and employ more people so that they can meet up with local demand and even export our products," he said.
Monday Shima, who trades in shoes, described the quality and turnover on the locally-made shoes as "impressive".
He called on the government to promote local technology to attract investors and create jobs for teeming unemployed youths.
N[url/]http://m.naij.com/news/36374.html[url]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-made Footwear Attracts Higher Patronage - Survey by Horus(m): 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2013
Good news
Re: Nigerian-made Footwear Attracts Higher Patronage - Survey by ojubi(m): 10:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
Very true and accurate report. I wear all my natives with Nigerian slippers, I also wear all my jean with Nigerian made canvas Only time I wear foreign shoe is when I dress on soothe. But the day I see a solid niger made cover shoe I will be the first to buy.
Re: Nigerian-made Footwear Attracts Higher Patronage - Survey by babadem2much(m): 10:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
gud 2 hear dat we are coming back home patronizing our products. made in 9ja

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-made Footwear Attracts Higher Patronage - Survey by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2013
Aba made going places....
Re: Nigerian-made Footwear Attracts Higher Patronage - Survey by oboy3(m): 11:16pm On Jun 06, 2013
Nigeria is working
Nigeria o ni Baje o

(1) (Reply)

Shoot Out Between Police And Robbers At Mgbuogba Close To AIT Portharcourt... / NGF Election: Amaechi Is The Authentic Chairman – Nyako / 6-year Single Tenure: Reps Disagree With Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.