Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! (13061 Views)

Jonathan Purchases Innoson Vehicles For Federal Road Safety Corps [Photo] / 40 Innoson Vehicles To Be Bought For 2016 Census - FEC / Buy Nigeria: Law Makers Approve Innoson Vehicles For Official Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by billante(m): 2:29pm On Jan 27, 2013
Chairman of INNOSON Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Co. Ltd, the first automobile manufacturing plant in the country, Chief Innocent Chukwuma, has lamented the low patronage of the company’s products by both the government and the people of Nigeria.
Chukwuma said this Friday evening when the National Good Governance Tour team visited the plant in Nnewi , Anambra State.
He stated that the people and government of Nigeria have refused to appreciate and patronise locally-made products irrespective of the fact that some are of better quality.
The chairman also said that vehicles produced in the plant were more durable and cheaper compared to the imported vehicles.
“The vehicles can be purchased for as low as N1.7million, and the company has certification from the National Automotive Council (NAC), the Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE) and the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON),” he said.
Chukwuma added that some government agencies do not also patronise his company’s product even when government agencies from another countries orders for the products.
“Exporting of the IVM vehicles has already commenced. Ghana, for instance, has ordered 200 units of these vehicles and here in the country, the Chief of Army Staffrecently ordered 20 units. We approached the Abuja Environmental Protection Agency (AEPA) to patronise waste disposalbins manufactured by the company, but surprisingly the agency still imports them from Germany. I even provided the agencywith a truck load of complimentary waste bins for a trial,” he said.
Meanwhile, the Minister of Information Labaran Maku has said that there was need to ban importation of fairly used vehicles into the country so as to encourage the local manufacturers and help them to remain in business.
The minister noted that if 30 per cent of the vehicles purchased in Nigeria were sourced from the company, it would be able to expand and meet the demand in the country.
Maku also urged Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of government to implement the resolution of the Federal Government to patronise the company.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-first-automobile-manufacturer-laments-low-patronage/137593/

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
Quite sad really.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by ebucha: 2:44pm On Jan 27, 2013
Got independence since 1960, but still have dependent mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 27, 2013
This indeed very shameful!
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nightshift(m): 2:54pm On Jan 27, 2013
The company must not rely on government patronage alone. A smart marketing strategy with juicy offers(e.g.longer financing period) to private users must be adopted . Hoping mainly for government patronage nearly killed ANAMCO.

11 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by asha80(m): 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2013
i think i have seen ekeson,orizu,autostar motors using ivm branded cars on some occasions.i think they need agressive marketing drive not only nigeria but in neigbouring african countries.most government agencies that buy all those foreign cars ivm can make do it because of overvaulation kick backs.

5 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ethnic sentiments cannot be ruled out. For instance has the Lagos state govt ever patronised Innoson?

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by onatisi(m): 3:22pm On Jan 27, 2013
asha 80: i think i have seen ekeson,orizu,autostar motors using ivm branded cars on some occasions.i think they need agressive marketing drive not only nigeria but in neigbouring african countries.most government agencies that buy all those foreign cars ivm can make do it because of overvaulation kick backs.
i think u are right ,this is even the first time i wil be hearing about this company,what they need to do is to embark on aggressive marketing and sensitse the ppl about their company and also try to offer some credit facilities for ppl willing to buy.they should employ more marketers too on both salary plus comission basis

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by redsun(m): 3:34pm On Jan 27, 2013
Man!Look at the dump truck they make in nigeria.That alone that can create billions of dollars industry in a continent that needs to be sanitized.

The government will rather inflate contract quotations and buy foreign products for their own selfish gains,rather than patronize the indiginous for the country's development and economic independence..

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by londoner: 3:46pm On Jan 27, 2013
That is such a shame.

At this rate, they may actually end up losing this guy to Ghana after all.

I remember the last time one of their ministers came to his plant and asked him to relocate to Ghana, which he refused.

Shame, shame, shame.......

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by asha80(m): 3:53pm On Jan 27, 2013
onatisi:
i think u are right ,this is even the first time i wil be hearing about this company,what they need to do is to embark on aggressive marketing and sensitse the ppl about their company and also try to offer some credit facilities for ppl willing to buy.they should employ more marketers too on both salary plus comission basis
i think private bus companies would not have much fuss buying ivm cars if it is proven to be durable,cheaper and parts easier to get (i mean it is produced here) which turns to easier maintanance than foreign ones.every private coy is interested in cutting running costs so it would not be hard to patronise ivm(unless private bus coys have an already running contract with foreign cars).forget govt patronage those guys are out to look for where they would make money.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by DisGuy: 3:57pm On Jan 27, 2013
londoner: That is such a shame.

I remember the last time one of their ministers came to his plant and asked him to relocate to Ghana, which he refused.

#

and will ghanaian govt buy all their output?

getting tired of this company moaning jare

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by DisGuy: 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Ethnic sentiments cannot be ruled out. For instance has the Lagos state ever patronised Innoson?

you jump all these states in the East and SS to lagos, what does the govt of lagos want to d with a bus?>

How many sure-p bus did GEJ order from innoson

7 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by fkaz(m): 4:01pm On Jan 27, 2013
Only God knows what he has promise the man, during the commissioning.
if only the slow poke could give directive to either ministry of interior or any other ministry, to start patronising IVM and see wonder how individual and private organisation will start patronising the coy.

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by fkaz(m): 4:06pm On Jan 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Ethnic sentiments cannot be ruled out. For instance has the Lagos state ever patronised Innoson?

Jona apostle, you forgot to list this company among jona achievement in your area.

You guy should not kill his dream ooooooooo
Or his the guy in ACN/CPC?

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by GARRIx7(m): 4:11pm On Jan 27, 2013

Very SENSELESS comment. How many vehicles have Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia, Anambra, Imo, Cross-River, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta and Edo State Govts bought from them??

How many vehicles have the PDP-led Federal Government headed by Gooodluck Agbaya Jonathan purchased from the company..??

Yet all ur pin-sized brain can think of is Lagos and Yoruba people..

Your senslessness is appalling...

18 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by asha80(m): 4:13pm On Jan 27, 2013
Dis Guy:

you jump all these states in the East and SS to lagos, what does the govt of lagos want to d with a bus?>

How many sure-p bus did GEJ order from innoson
anambra state purchases most of their vehicles for state functionaries,schools,refuse trucks from the company.i know at least three private bus coys that do too so it is not like people do not patronize it just that not as much as expected.actually some of those sure p cars were sourced from there as seen from some there buses inl lagos.however hey i know how you feel about the company since it started so no suprised by your negative statements lol.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by DisGuy: 4:18pm On Jan 27, 2013
asha 80: anambra state purchases most of their vehicles for state functionaries,schools,refuse trucks from the company.i know at least three private bus coys that do too so it is not like people do not patronize it just that not as much as expected.actually some of those sure p cars were sourced from there as seen from some there buses inl lagos.however hey i know how you feel about the company since it started so no suprised by your negative statements lol.

come again... you know how I feel about the company since it started? how ?

in case you don't know where I'm coming from search the 18+ topics related to this same company on nairaland!
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Abrantie: 4:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
billante:
“Exporting of the IVM vehicles has already commenced. Ghana, for instance, has ordered 200 units of these vehicles and here in the country, the Chief of Army Staffrecently ordered 20 units.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!.....

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Why would a country full of smart people like Ghana buy such cheap Chinko-Naija crap!?
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
Laughable.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Abrantie: 4:29pm On Jan 27, 2013
londoner: That is such a shame.

If he ends up re-locating to Ghana, we'll have our Engineers (who are all trained in Japan and Germany) re-design the vehicles from scratch.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by horlatunde(m): 4:29pm On Jan 27, 2013
Nightshift: The company must not rely on government patronage alone. A smart marketing strategy with juicy offers(e.g.longer financing period) to private users must be adopted . Hoping mainly for government patronage nearly killed ANAMCO.
bt sincerely it is only Govt officials, Private giant and agencies that can promote dis vehicles. Dey use more of dia and by so doing pple will tend to av faith in dem wen a big organisation uses it. Nigeria Govt shud do sometin fast.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by asha80(m): 4:30pm On Jan 27, 2013
Dis Guy:

come again... you know how I feel about the company since it started? how ?

in case you don't know where I'm coming from search the 18+ topics related to this same company on nairaland!
hehe bros i am not new to nairaland let us forget that one.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by asha80(m): 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2013
Abrantie:

If he ends up re-locating to Ghana, we'll have our Engineers (who are all trained in Japan and Germany) re-design the vehicles from scratch.
ermmm...what is preventing the japan,german,space trained ghanaians from designing and manufacturing there own cars now?

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by onatisi(m): 4:49pm On Jan 27, 2013
horlatunde: bt sincerely it is only Govt officials, Private giant and agencies that can promote dis vehicles. Dey use more of dia and by so doing pple will tend to av faith in dem wen a big organisation uses it. Nigeria Govt shud do sometin fast.
does this company manufacture heavy duty trucks alone ?if so then the owner should have studied the kind of market and enviroment he was investing in ,if he wants govt patronage there are ways f getting them which is welknown to every nigerian,he must not think that the govt will just walk into his office and buy.even if he manufacturing buggati once you are in nija u must play ball.
but if the company manufactures small cars and passenger buses then all the company needs to do is liase with banks and employ maketers .all these chinnese auto dealers in naija that is what they are doing .u liase with banks to offer credit facilities for ppl with good credit ratings.
and if he wants the indian method or chinnese kung fu marketing ,the company should spread out outlets and employ comission basis marketers with good percentage .there are lots of unemployed youths who can at least get a buyer at least once in 6months .offer them 15% of the sale amount imagine an unemployed grduate collecting like 170k just for bringing in a customer that buys a car.before the company realises it their brand will become popular once it is good.but if they are waiting for govt patronage .then they are in for a long long long wait

7 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 27, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Very SENSELESS comment. How many vehicles have Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia, Anambra, Imo, Cross-River, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta and Edo State Govts bought from them??

How many vehicles have the PDP-led Federal Government headed by Gooodluck Agbaya Jonathan purchased from the company..??

Yet all ur pin-sized brain can think of is Lagos and Yoruba people..

Your senslessness is appalling...
Haba! Why are you so overly protective of Lagos? I just gave one example. If you like you can give other examples
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by kettykin: 8:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
“Exporting of the IVM vehicles has already commenced. Ghana, for instance, has ordered 200 units of these vehicles and here in the country, the Chief of Army Staffrecently ordered 20 units. We approached the Abuja Environmental Protection Agency (AEPA) to patronise waste disposalbins manufactured by the company, but surprisingly the agency still imports them from Germany. I even provided the agencywith a truck load of complimentary waste bins for a trial,” he said.

What AEPA did should be regarded as economic Sabotage why spend tax payers money to buy goods from Germany when the same goods are produced Locally by a Company paying Tax to the Government in Abuja.
If Local Companies don't pay tax would AEPA have the money to buy from Germany. if that's the case why protect Local Cement Manufacturers from importation when we can cheaply source the same cement from china.

A word of Advice to Innoson concentrating on very fast moving products like the Commuter Buses and the type of cars used as Taxis will help now that most states are banning Motor Bykes.
Innoson should also learn to use banks to help people do bank purchase on his vehicles just as he should use a good insurance company to provide 3 year warranty on all Innoson products .

The total cost of Automobile would go down drastically because of economy of scale if Innoson was to provide the mass transit buses, Official cars ,Taxis and other utility Vehicles in the whole of SE/SS states plus some middle belt states. why would the Government or a company operating those Areas buy a car for 3 million when they can buy it for 1.7 M and pay over a period of 3 years with insurance warranty of 30 months

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by WarriPikin1: 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Ethnic sentiments cannot be ruled out. For instance has the Lagos state govt ever patronised Innoson?

Well, ethnic bias is part of the problem with some state governments, not just Lagos state alone. But what about the FG that has continued to import official vehicles instead of patronizing local manufacturing plants like IVM?
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2013
Maybe if the company goes public, it would help it reach more people.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

Well, ethnic bias is part of the problem with some state governments, not just Lagos state alone. But what about the FG that has continued to import official vehicles instead of patronizing local manufacturing plants like IVM?
Very true. Both federal, state, local govt and the citizens should patronise them. I recall some of the Sure-P buses were bought from them but more patronage is still needed at the federal level.

It also important for Nigerians to see the CONNECTION between our INDIVIDUAL actions or inactions and many of the problems plagueing our country. For every made in Nigerian product you and I buy, we contribute our own quota to creation of jobs and reduction of unemployment rate. For every made in Nigerian product that you and I shun and buys imported alternatives, we contribute to worsening of unemployment rate in Nigeria. Every Nigerian must take responsibility for his or her actions.

Personally, I buy made in Nigeria as much as possible.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Ethnic sentiments cannot be ruled out. For instance has the Lagos state govt ever patronised Innoson?

what abt Abia state Govt,Enugu,Anambra....Ebonyi and Imo

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by manny4life(m): 10:07pm On Jan 27, 2013
After finance, it's marketing. No matter how goods your products are, if you don't market it well, it will not sell. What Innoson needs is a marking consulting company to prepare them well, but question remains, are they willing to part with commission?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets / Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos / NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.