Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. (14076 Views)

Prof. Jega Resuming Office At The University Today (Photos) / The Tragedy Of African Mentality By Pro. PLO Lumumba ( The Best Speech Ever) / GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by kokoA(m): 2:46pm On Jun 07, 2013
Great leader! This eko_ile guy is really promoting fashola and LAGS on nairaland. GEJ followers on this forum should learn from him. Post pictures of achievements by FG here and tell us about policies GEJ is initiating rather than raining curses on people who differ in opinoin with you. Stuffs like that will bring up healthy rivalry in this section. That is my little advice.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
kokoA: Great leader! This eko_ile guy is really promoting fashola and LAGS on nairaland. GEJ followers on this forum should learn from him. Post pictures of achievements by FG here and tell us about policies GEJ is initiating rather than raining curses on people who differ in opinoin with you. Stuffs like that will bring up healthy rivalry in this section. That is my little advice.

Nice one. We want to see pictures of achievement and not long story by some paid agents.
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by reflx(m): 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
One Question only!!!!
Where is Labaran Maku?
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by Desola(f): 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
Could Fash be our new age Awolowo?

I'm thinking so. Lets return to regionalism and make this man our leader Abeg! He is just three much!

1 Like

Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by mapet: 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
This for me is a very apt upper cut.....
eko ileee:

Lagos state university is the 11th best university in Nigeria while Ondo state university is 84th

It's all about quality my friend..
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by mapet: 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
....like "we want to thank president Jonathan for bringing Facebook to Nigeria" grin
njazra:

Nice one. We want to see pictures of achievement and not long story by some paid agents.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by Garrithe1st: 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
njazra:

Nice one. We want to see pictures of achievement and not long story by Insincere 9gerian

Fixed

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by PeterKbaba: 7:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
Fashola 2015 God plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by mapet: 7:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
My dear "deluded 9gerian",

1. At a level (obviously far and unfathomable to you), talk is sacred.
2. I wonder if you read Fashola's speech and worse off you you did comprehend it.
3. When Fashola talked about made in Nigeria, he was talking far from "mere" patronizing made in Nigeria goods just for the sake of "our own". Insistence on buying made in Nigeria goods in this context is as useless and will fall flat.
4. Fashola is talking about developing a made in Nigeria philosophy, ideas, innovation and implementation. He's not talking about flat consumption that further devalues the common good. He's not talking about buying "Aba-Made" products that is hardly sustainable.
5. I thought you'll have seen the intention right with the strategic situation of the 2200 day in office event. They went back to the bedrock of what ideally builds the society - The Higher institution. Fashola was simply stirring their minds. Check his words carefully - "Our human resource is the most important resource we have and will ever have""Our students in tertiary institutions are in the generation right behind us. They are the ones who are being prepared for the job market and leadership responsibility. They are the ones who will replace me and the commissioners, the permanent secretaries, the legislators and the judges, indeed the entire public service. They are the ones who in a short time will bear the responsibility to refine our crude oil, generate our electricity, produce our water, manage this university, build our trains, secure our state and country and generally be responsible for our people’s well-being"
6. Fashola's government has at this critical point recognize the need to focus on transition to the next generation, the need to build sound, responsible, intelligent, brilliant and innovative new set of leaders. His objective to the students of higher learning at this occasion is encapsulated in these words[i]"I hope that I have stirred something in you. If I have, then my mission has been useful because we can start a new journey together today."[/i]Fashola rightly identified and wondered why there will be joblessness is a nation where there is so much more to do......and my emphasis - on road construction alone, we'll not have covered Lagos if we continue at this pace for the next 50years.
7. Then he painted a picture of what his government have done in 100days.......in itself jaw-dropping.
8.Fashola wondered why there will be a deficit in Man-Power, Business skills, leadership and management, that we go import "expats"
9. Nut-shell he's talking about a made in Nigeria, that a Lagos State University Teaching Hospital will announce the discovery of a vaccine that deadens Plasmodium parasites in the blood streams. He is talking of a Made in Nigeria that comes up with an innovative idea of shortening travel times yet still using the same defined transport medium, He's talking of a made-in-Nigeria where Nigerian Architects and Structural Engineers and Builders will announce an innovative Feat of constructing under-ground tunnels thru Lagos Lagoons. He's talking of a Made in Nigeria where many of us white-collar folks will come up with solid business development plans that will turn a single tuber of Yam into value 10000000%. He's talking about made in Nigeria where LASU students will come up with research works on how to manage flooding in Lagos and turn waste water into commercial products. He talking about LASU students doing what the Universities have been shirking in their responsibilities to do i.e. Research that will impact the society, benefit the system and build our own brand.
10. We don't want to have a made-in-Nigeria just for the numbers. We want a Made-in-Nigeria that can compete globally. A made in Nigeria that will bring innovations that will create meaningful jobs, turning out valuable products, adding values to lives. We need to transfer the knowledge we've garnered, development and customized and localized. Dr. Falase of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, performed a Brain Surgery right in LASUTH successfully. Why don't we second about 25 of the brightest young and aspiring Neuro-Surgeons to Dr. Bode Falase for mentorship, place them on a special package and after 5 years, distribute them to all the general hospitals in Lagos State.

Sincere 9gerian: "The key for finding a solution to unemployment and joblessness is in 3 (three) simple words – ‘made’ ‘in’ ‘Nigeria’"- Fashola

Talk is cheap. It is not enough to blow grammar. I created a thread trying to promote this same Buy "Made In Nigeria" Fashola is talking about sometime ago. Though the thread made front page, but I cant recall any of the praise singers on this thread applauding and embracing the concept. In fact, most of them avoided the thread like a plague.

Fashola has spoken well but he should also practice what he preaches. That is the difference. I buy made in Nigeria (except when there is none). But does Fashola buy made in Nigeria? Does he buy rice milled in Nigeria? Does the Lagos state govt patronise locally assembled vehicles? Does the state health officials insist on made in Nigeria pharmaceuticals and hospital supplies? Fashola should have given EXAMPLES of made in Nigeria products he and the state govt patronise. That alone would have made the speech meaningful. He should also tell us the conscious efforts of his govt to promote made in Nigeria products. Until that is done, its all talk, talk, talk. Talk that evaporates immediately after it was delivered.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by plaindealer: 7:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
It's very important to note that this is happening in just one major sector which is Education and we are yet to touch other areas like transportation, Agriculture, Housing, Health care and so on...
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by plaindealer: 7:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
mapet: My dear "deluded 9gerian",

1. At a level (obviously far and unfathomable to you), talk is sacred.
2. I wonder if you read Fashola's speech and worse off you you did comprehend it.
3. When Fashola talked about made in Nigeria, he was talking far from "mere" patronizing made in Nigeria goods just for the sake of "our own". Insistence on buying made in Nigeria goods in this context is as useless and will fall flat.
4. Fashola is talking about developing a made in Nigeria philosophy, ideas, innovation and implementation. He's not talking about flat consumption that further devalues the common good. He's not talking about buying "Aba-Made" products that is hardly sustainable.
5. I thought you'll have seen the intention right with the strategic situation of the 2200 day in office event. They went back to the bedrock of what ideally builds the society - The Higher institution. Fashola was simply stirring their minds. Check his words carefully - "Our human resource is the most important resource we have and will ever have""Our students in tertiary institutions are in the generation right behind us. They are the ones who are being prepared for the job market and leadership responsibility. They are the ones who will replace me and the commissioners, the permanent secretaries, the legislators and the judges, indeed the entire public service. They are the ones who in a short time will bear the responsibility to refine our crude oil, generate our electricity, produce our water, manage this university, build our trains, secure our state and country and generally be responsible for our people’s well-being"
6. Fashola's government has at this critical point recognize the need to focus on transition to the next generation, the need to build sound, responsible, intelligent, brilliant and innovative new set of leaders. His objective to the students of higher learning at this occasion is encapsulated in these words[i]"I hope that I have stirred something in you. If I have, then my mission has been useful because we can start a new journey together today."[/i]Fashola rightly identified and wondered why there will be joblessness is a nation where there is so much more to do......and my emphasis - on road construction alone, we'll not have covered Lagos if we continue at this pace for the next 50years.
7. Then he painted a picture of what his government have done in 100days.......in itself jaw-dropping.
8.Fashola wondered why there will be a deficit in Man-Power, Business skills, leadership and management, that we go import "expats"
9. Nut-shell he's talking about a made in Nigeria, that a Lagos State University Teaching Hospital will announce the discovery of a vaccine that deadens Plasmodium parasites in the blood streams. He is talking of a Made in Nigeria that comes up with an innovative idea of shortening travel times yet still using the same defined transport medium, He's talking of a made-in-Nigeria where Nigerian Architects and Structural Engineers and Builders will announce an innovative Feat of constructing under-ground tunnels thru Lagos Lagoons. He's talking of a Made in Nigeria where many of us white-collar folks will come up with solid business development plans that will turn a single tuber of Yam into value 10000000%. He's talking about made in Nigeria where LASU students will come up with research works on how to manage flooding in Lagos and turn waste water into commercial products. He talking about LASU students doing what the Universities have been shirking in their responsibilities to do i.e. Research that will impact the society, benefit the system and build our own brand.
10. We don't want to have a made-in-Nigeria just for the numbers. We want a Made-in-Nigeria that can compete globally. A made in Nigeria that will bring innovations that will create meaningful jobs, turning out valuable products, adding values to lives. We need to transfer the knowledge we've garnered, development and customized and localized. Dr. Falase of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, performed a Brain Surgery right in LASUTH successfully. Why don't we second about 25 of the brightest young and aspiring Neuro-Surgeons to Dr. Bode Falase for mentorship, place them on a special package and after 5 years, distribute them to all the general hospitals in Lagos State.

God Bless You..

1 Like

Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by plaindealer: 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
Let's help eko ile here...

Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by plaindealer: 8:07pm On Jun 07, 2013

Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by plaindealer: 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
.lll

Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by plaindealer: 8:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
kmk

Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by plaindealer: 8:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
4th Lagos State Taxation Stakeholders Forum at the Civic Center, Ozumba Mbadiwe VI, Lagos

Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by plaindealer: 8:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
jhg

Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by plaindealer: 8:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
jhgkh.

Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by plaindealer: 8:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
I hope somebody fit do waste management, healthcare or transportation...
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by sunch(m): 8:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
Inasmuuch as i appreciate the intellect of Mr Fashola and being the best future candidate for president. I begin to nurture fear as a result of his idea to over-blow the school fees, when govt are meant to subsidize education to the barest. We shld flash back on how our founding fathers try to bring education to the door step of a mere community man. Our leaders shld be vanguard of encouraging youths who have the zeal to be educated and not otherwise. Thank you mr gov'nor for hyping LASU great
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by plaindealer: 10:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
Next. LAWMA

Waste Management (LAWMA)

Still the best waste management outfit in West Africa...
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by plaindealer: 11:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by plaindealer: 11:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by musiwa26: 1:57am On Jun 08, 2013
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by musiwa26: 2:00am On Jun 08, 2013
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by musiwa26: 2:01am On Jun 08, 2013
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by EkoIle1: 2:06am On Jun 08, 2013
Why are you rubbishing the thread with these irrelevant posts and pictures? This is not about Ondo so go and start your Ondo thread.

You do act like a loony sometimes..

I hope these silly pictures get deleted off this thread..
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by musiwa26: 2:08am On Jun 08, 2013
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by musiwa26: 2:38am On Jun 08, 2013
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by musiwa26: 2:38am On Jun 08, 2013
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by musiwa26: 2:39am On Jun 08, 2013
Re: Fashola's 2200 Days In Office At LASU. The Best Speech Ever And Pics. by musiwa26: 2:46am On Jun 08, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Video From APC Presidential Rally In Katsina / Why Are There So Many People In Nigeria Compared To Other Countries In Africa / SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.