Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? (1665 Views)

My New Corolla...engine Maintainance / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? / The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by Aare1(m): 10:22am On Jun 07, 2013

Re: All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by Chynx(m): 10:34am On Jun 07, 2013
I think this is a miss. Lacks d "corolla" thingy and ricks of Honda City. More of a honda look dan a toyota. I am a fan of the corolla models.

1 Like

Re: All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by FindOut(m): 11:59am On Jun 07, 2013
Interior - Definitely a hit.

Exterior - Looks like a hit. Will wait to see it live.

Overall, the car looks great, it just has to look great coz the competition is increasing & becoming stiffer. Yeah, its the corolla & it will always win but the winning margin may have started reducing. Corolla does't have to worry much about Civic now, but they need to start watching HyundaiKia closely with the Elantra & Cerato. Even Ford's 'head' sef appears to be 'there' with the new Focus.

Now where is Inspired......... grin
Re: All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by clemz85(m): 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Hit all the way.
Though, I bet this is hyundai and kia inspired challenge
Re: All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by clemz85(m): 1:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
Check out the dash board composition, gives leg room for me
Re: All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 08, 2013
... saw this on worldcarfans this morning. this is refreshing! the new-avalon-inspired exterior looks great and the interior looks very nice for its segment. At least they ditched that dinosaur-era four speed automatic for a new tranny... this is definitely a hit!
Re: All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 08, 2013
all that is needed to make it more attractive to the hooning crowd is a proper 'S' model... my recipe; the 2.5L inline four from the camry tuned to produce 280+ hp with a rear-biased AWD setup to checkmate torque-steer...
Re: All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by Confirmvisa: 1:30am On Jun 08, 2013
Enuf legspace and room in front
Re: All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by supaeagles(m): 6:28am On Jun 08, 2013
I think it is a hit and a bold move by Toyota. Some more details and pictures (culled from forbes):

The new Corolla, which goes on sale this September, is bigger than the car it replaces, and has the following improvements/new features over previous model:
1) Bigger making it roomier inside. Though less than an inch wider and taller, it is nearly four inches longer.
2) More aggressive look. The front and rear wheels have been stretched apart to give the car a more aggressive stance. The corners of the Corolla have also been tapered to help make the car look leaner and meaner than before.
3) Headlights that use light-emitting diodes, or LEDs
4) A new continuously variable transmission that mimics a conventional seven-speed automatic. Toyota’s new twist is that it has baked in seven fixed ratios so the transmission will always feel like it’s shifting gears, just like a conventional automatic does. This is opposed to just winding up seamlessly as the car accelerates with no sense of gear changes, which Toyota says some drivers find annoying or disconcerting. The new transmission has an Eco mode to enhance fuel economy and a Sport mode for better acceleration and throttle response.
5)Even base models will be loaded with creature comforts, from standard Bluetooth connectivity for smartphones to pollen filters
6)Improved rear-seat comfort by expanding legroom, beefing up seat cushions and making the floor flatter by rerouting the exhaust pipes underneath it. More sound insulation throughout the cabin also makes the interior quieter.
7) The base engine is unchanged though. It is a 1.8-liter four-cylinder that produces 132 horsepower and 128 pounds-feet of torque in the L, LE and S trims. A new LE Eco model gets an enhanced four-cylinder with added Valvematic technology that boosts efficiency and increases horsepower to 140 hp. Torque in the Eco engine, however, drops slightly to 126 lb-ft.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewdepaula/2013/06/07/2014-toyota-corolla-sheds-demure-image/

Re: All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 08, 2013
Okay
Re: All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by GarbaAudu: 1:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
I can say that I'm highly dissapointed with the redesigned 2012 toyota camry (except SE model), but this corolla is surely on the right track- more sleek & aesthetic, aggresive, more beautiful interior. Planning to get a tokunbo one by 2017/2018 (if alive & loaded).
Re: All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by 735i(m): 8:14pm On Jun 10, 2013
This is definitely an American Spec. When our own Naija spec is available; they i'll have a definite view. This looks like a miss to me sha
Re: All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by 50calibre(m): 9:38am On Jun 11, 2013
Too many edges than a Cadillac, nice interior though
Re: All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 23, 2013
Miss: Too Edgy too sporty, they should have given it another name, not official lik the corolla
Re: All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by ziccoit: 7:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
With these loads of electromechanics setups expect Nigerian auto mechanics who dont upgrade their knowledge to start labeling Toyota too unreliable. I am waiting to see how we are going to survive.
Re: All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by lomaxbien(m): 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2013
A miss,the exterior looks more like a kia,especially the rear end,looks more like the 2010 kia optima,but the interior is perfect though
Re: All New Corolla Design HIT OR MISS ? by sultaan(m): 3:14am On Jun 24, 2013
Not bad let see how it holds up against the new world champion Ford Focus

(1) (Reply)

A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It / Share Your First Driving Experience / Engine Oil Pump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.