Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,473 members, 7,830,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! (34841 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by obibanks: 11:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
For nigeria †φ move on †φ the nxt round, they hav †φ thrash tehiti well( atleast 4-0), draw uruaguay. Everyone knws dat spain Ȋ̝̊̅§ goin †φ win all the teams I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ dat group. That's all
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by oche419: 11:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
bisikeys: This squad lacks dept. I see a lot of people the coach is trying to sell. Who is Muhammad Gambo and what has he done to be in the team? Who is Solomon Kwambe?? In midfield, i only see two players of class, Ogenyi Onazi and Mikel Obi.. Before you start mentioning Mba, in all of Nigeria's games that he has played , what is his overall performance. He's always anonymous for most of the game. His role is so undefined. You dont see him tackle, you dont see him pass, he just shows that occasional flash of brilliance. Check out our games in the Nations cup, Before and after the goals, what was his impact? What role was he playing? Defensive midfield, or attacking midfield? I believe this is not the best team Nigeria can offer at this stage. this is just the team of a coach trying to prove a point(that am in charge).
I was sceptical abput Mba too and i asked ur questions too until i watched SE against Mexico. Sunday Mba is a midfield machine. The guy is good.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
damosky12:
Even when the squad 4 the AFCON came out, they said bla bla bla about Emenike not better than Wingie, now, something else. Let the team go now and discover another Emenike, the topic changes.. Nigerians! Una nr qet faith?

MY BROTHER HELP ME TELL THEM!!

Small time person go talk say we still need Yusuf Ayila and Danny Shittu. Nigeria has a population of 170 million+...do you have any idea the sheer amount of talent we have? After Brazil, we are the largest footballing country on earth! We have so much talent that we even have to give away some players that qualify to play for us. You know Adebayor was dropped by U-17 Flying Eagles handlers before he vexed and claimed Togo from his mother's side. If one drops out, there will be another. If Mikel, Enyeama, Onazi and Ambrose get injured today, there are thousands of equally talented Nigerian footballers begging god for the opportunity to prove themselves.

Show some faith in your fatherland, people!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by babaowo: 11:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
el bin manny: Great midfield, dull attacking options! Only one person can take us far.....that is Vincent Eyeama sad
....your vision is more than TB joshua own..
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by jiffylibra: 11:57pm On Jun 07, 2013
born2fuckpussy:
Spain squad: Casillas (Real Madrid), Reina (Liverpool),
Valdes (Barcelona); Alba (Barcelona), Albiol (Real Madrid),
Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Monreal
(Arsenal), Pique (Barcelona), Ramos (Real Madrid); Busquets
(Barcelona), Cazorla (Arsenal), Fabregas (Barcelona), Iniesta
(Barcelona), Martinez (Bayern Munich), Mata (Chelsea), Navas
(Sevilla), Pedro (Barcelona), Silva (Manchester City) Xavi
(Barcelona); Torres (Chelsea), Soldado (Valencia), Villa
(Barcelona).
Spain for kuku use the whole Barca team now!
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by donem: 11:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
Am kinda apprehensive in terms of our success with this team, i see majority of inexperienced weaklings in the squard, no beasty attacker of any sort among the lot, just keeping my fingers crossed.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
femi4: He was part of SA 2010 world cup

No. He was injured before the world cup, and hence, wasn't selected.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by damosky12(m): 12:01am On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva: We currently don't have a striker as good as Emenike in our squad but the good thing is that our midfielders are up and doing and we can get the job done with average strikers.
How do u knw that? They dont write it on foreheads. Anyway, this SE attack will surprise you in the confedratns cup.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 08, 2013
I still remember SUNDAY OLISEH's goal against ANDONI ZUBIZARETTA in 1998 world cup! Thank God we have anoda SUNDAY in d team!! SUNDAY MBA v. IKER CASILLAS

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by damosky12(m): 12:05am On Jun 08, 2013
abiodunbest: the super eagle team may have enough quality to stand toe to toe against their opposition as you truely said but not onto their boss (Uruguay and Spain).
English could be a problem to Naija's sometimes (no offence). Wetin be Uruguay and Spain if them no be opposition too?
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 12:17am On Jun 08, 2013
antap:
How? How bro? How can Eagles win this tourney? Which leg dem won take play am? Spain dey there o, Brazil too dey there o, Italy too dey there o.
We shall see.

Dem carry fire for head?

Abi dem bodi get 3 leg?

No be 11 men vs 11 men?

Guy abeg go sleep.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Johnsinia(m): 12:17am On Jun 08, 2013
I neva fear spain, nt even 4 a bit, bc we pass dem, and we have a better record than them head - head in all level of futbal competition including female futbal n youth championshps. The only country i fear is Brasil bc they have better record than us, and nt spain or Argentina.
one tin i ve discova in SE is that, they play very well against d so-call best: in 1994, it was Burgaria, upon all the noice, they chop 3-0 in SE's hand. In 1996, it was loaded Brasil and Arg, they also fall wakata like bag of cement. In 1998, it was one of the most favourite team, spain. Infact, b4 d match oyinbo journalist don analyse am say dey(spain) go beat us like no man biz. But on dat faithful day, even young skillful Raul and co, no fit explain waitin our eagles use them do, they fall like empty sac 2-1 to our eagle. Offcourse, u knw wat happend in Afcon against ivory. What abt disguised barca (catalona, or within they call demsfs) in their own home, the highest they can do is to draw wit our 100% home base Eagle.
If they like, let dem make messi play 4 dem, history knws hw to favor Eagles against mouthed teams.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 08, 2013
Wow see confidence!!

I am loving it.

Good luck to the team.

I am promising another barrel of palm wine and kola nuts to coach Steve Keshi should he continue his winning streak grin
Lilnikee: Killer Squad!
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by damosky12(m): 12:22am On Jun 08, 2013
el bin manny: Great midfield, dull attacking options! Only one person can take us far.....that is Vincent Eyeama sad
the whole team can
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 08, 2013
CFCfan: Javi Martinez, Spain's defensive midfielder, may thwart most of the SE counter-attacks. He is very fast and mobile. He is in d team because Xabi Alonso was ruled out thru injury. Alonso/Martinez are the reasons why Spain is barely threatened by counter attacks, as these 2 midfielders sit pretty deep.

Martinez na Black man? See, for pitch he no go smell Onazi. Forget all these high European ratings. In tournament football, it's mano e mano. Remember Czech Republic in 2006 that pundits were tipping for semi finals? Remember how Asamoah Gyan and some Ghanaian school children dismantled them with all the Nedved, Porbosky, Cech, Plasil, Jarosik? Who had heard of Razak Pimpong? In tournament football, all that form book stuff goes kaput.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by pazienza(m): 12:34am On Jun 08, 2013
born2fuckpussy: Uruguay squad for the Confederations Cup
Goalkeepers: Fernando Muslera (Galatasaray), Martin Silva
(Olimpia), Juan Castillo (Danubio)

Defenders: Diego Lugano (Paris Saint-Germain), Diego Godin
(Atletico Madrid), Sebastian Coates (Liverpool), Martin Caceres
(Juventus), Matias Aguirregaray (Penarol), Maximiliano Pereira
(Benfica), Andres Scotti (Nacional)

Midfielders: Alvaro Gonzalez (Lazio), Alvaro Pereira (Inter),
Egidio Arevalo Rios (Palermo), Diego Perez (Bologna), Walter
Gargano (Inter), Sebastian Eguren (Libertad), Cristian
Rodriguez (Atletico Madrid), Gaston Ramirez (Southampton),
Nicolas Lodeiro (Botafogo)

Attackers: Luis Suarez (Liverpool), Edinson Cavani (Napoli),
Abel Hernandez (Palermo), Diego Forlan (Internacional)

There is nothing special about this Uruguay team.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by boron10(m): 12:37am On Jun 08, 2013
olojuede01: In the middfield, i would pick Lukman Haruna. He was in fine form this last season defends and passes well, he also packs a mean shot in his right foot, someone in the mold of Lampard, I would also pick Martins ahead of the Gambo dude. He brings something else to the team. Most of the strikers in the team are similar. There is not really a fighter in the mold of Martins, Emenike and Odemwinge.
It's late already, we shall discuss this tomorrow morning. Good night
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 08, 2013
pazienza:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 08, 2013
I hope the Eagles will go all the way to the final, just as Cameroon did in 2003. It will be recalled that Cameroon beat the then world champions, Brazil, 1-0 in d group stages of the 2003 edition.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by damosky12(m): 12:44am On Jun 08, 2013
bisikeys: [b] This squad lacks dept. I see a lot of people the coach is trying to sell. Who is Muhammad Gambo and what has he done to be in the team? Who is Solomon Kwambe?? In midfield, i only see two players of class, Ogenyi Onazi and Mikel Obi..[b] Before you start mentioning Mba, in all of Nigeria's games that he has played , what is his overall performance. He's always anonymous for most of the game. His role is so undefined. You dont see him tackle, you dont see him pass, he just shows that occasional flash of brilliance. Check out our games in the Nations cup, Before and after the goals, what was his impact? What role was he playing? Defensive midfield, or attacking midfield? I believe this is not the best team Nigeria can offer at this stage. this is just the team of a coach trying to prove a point(that am in charge).
This is a very misleading analysis. Do you judge a Player's class by his names?? Very absurd. Did you ever know Onazi as a classy midfielder until he was called and fielded, then you watched him before qualifying him as Classy. But here, you never watched these guys play in the team, yet you are quick to make your sheer amaturish analysis about them. This team will surpise you and the boys you dispised, you will soon respect. Concerning your stance on Nba, its obvious you dont understand his pattern. Nba is potentially a striker, he got to be a midfielder in AFCON when Keshi ran out of attacking midfielders and you know what, his playing in the mid-field worked, especially against IVC as he was an unmarked attacker. That got us the goals against IVC and Burkinafaso in the final. I think, it still works as Mba has consequently become an attacking midfielder. Watch him play, you'd observe that. As for your comment on Keshi, that isnt the fact. You are just being sentimental. His dicisions worked in the past and it still works very well now and I believe it will more in the future.

4 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by donPhill(m): 12:44am On Jun 08, 2013
abeg make una help me like if u believe we will make it trough!
pazienza:

GenBuhari: Wow see confidence!!

I am loving it.

Good luck to the team.

I am promising another barrel of palm wine and kola nuts to coach Steve Keshi should he continue his winning streak grin
CFCfan: I hope the Eagles will go all the way to the final, just as Cameroon did in 2003. It will be recalled that Cameroon beat the then world champions, Brazil, 1-0 in d group stages of the 2003 edition.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by cman77(m): 12:46am On Jun 08, 2013
The nigerian squad is nt ok o!dis is confed cup wher d likes of spain,brazil will feature nd nt nations cup.don't forget dat d standard of african futball is still low compared european futball.4 me ideye shud nt b on dat list.he is below average.we nid above average players.he hasn't impressed 4rm d nations cup till nw.he wastes chances a lot.we don't nid such.d defence is d best we have nw but yobo shud have bin der cos of xprience.don't forget at d nations cup nigeria nomally concede late goals but wen keshi started bringin yobo in towards d end of each game we stoppd concedin late goals.d defence can't hold on to pressure 4 long.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 12:51am On Jun 08, 2013
cman77: The nigerian squad is nt ok o!dis is confed cup wher d likes of spain,brazil will feature nd nt nations cup.don't forget dat d standard of african futball is still low compared european futball.4 me ideye shud nt b on dat list.he is below average.we nid above average players.he hasn't impressed 4rm d nations cup till nw.he wastes chances a lot.we don't nid such.d defence is d best we have nw but yobo shud have bin der cos of xprience.don't forget at d nations cup nigeria nomally concede late goals but wen keshi started bringin yobo in towards d end of each game we stoppd concedin late goals.d defence can't hold on to pressure 4 long.

Pls go and drink otapiapia abeg. If you wan lick oyinbo buttocks go lick am we no de hold you. Na here we go dey when these our boys go de pass the kain ball wey Xavi and Iniesta never see pass before. Una go shock!

All these people suffering from inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by damosky12(m): 12:51am On Jun 08, 2013
cman77: The nigerian squad is nt ok o!dis is confed cup wher d likes of spain,brazil will feature nd nt nations cup.don't forget dat d standard of african futball is still low compared european futball.4 me ideye shud nt b on dat list.he is below average.we nid above average players.he hasn't impressed 4rm d nations cup till nw.he wastes chances a lot.we don't nid such.d defence is d best we have nw but yobo shud have bin der cos of xprience.don't forget at d nations cup nigeria nomally concede late goals but wen keshi started bringin yobo in towards d end of each game we stoppd concedin late goals.d defence can't hold on to pressure 4 long.
This team go surprise most of u. Quote me.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 12:52am On Jun 08, 2013
damosky12:
This team go surprise most of u. Quote me.

MY GUY!

I believe you jare oya chop knuckle
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva: No Emenike or Victor Moses?
WHAT ABT NOSA IGIEBOR, OSAZEE ODEMWINGIE AND CAPTAIN YOBO.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Dammiesugar(f): 2:01am On Jun 08, 2013
Hw abt dis kid ezekiel imoh or somtin lyk dat?4 cryin out loud,whr is ekigho ehiosun sef,stephen sunday,sone aluko,lukman haruna,apam,mannaseh ishiaku,adeleye,rabiu afolabi?r dey dead?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Soso990240(m): 2:19am On Jun 08, 2013
BrutusOj: GBAM! My point exactly..cos Emenike was did well in d last tournament doesn't make him d only n best striker Nigeria av..players comes n go,let's wait to see what dis guys av to ofa
i don note ur name.no try complain of those guys wen they start displayin their rubbish in d Conf.cup. I believe Emenike is 'tested and trusted'.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Soso990240(m): 2:23am On Jun 08, 2013
SeunMighty: But joel obi is back frm injury now why was he not included in d list and what happen to anichebe is he not a nigerian again?
joel obi was down wit injury,nobody(nff,keshi,nigerians)cared to ask of him.same reason Anichebe rejected keshi's call up.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by ghananotnaija(m): 2:38am On Jun 08, 2013
Seyixyz: Ur team is already a big embarassment 2 Africa..So,shut up & jus watch ur t.v since ur so called black guinea fowls could'nt get pass Mali

Ghana would do better against non-African teams, since it is a better team overall than Nigeria. The Little Eagles are a one-hit wonder.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by 192: 2:40am On Jun 08, 2013
HAH: At last Gambo has made it to super eagles. Gambo mohammed and Rabiu Ali are the pillars behind Kano pillars the Nigerian champions.

Hope Rabiu Ali will be called next time as the guy is a mid field wonder.

grin grin grin

who the hell are those grin grin grin
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by 192: 2:42am On Jun 08, 2013
brownlord:

Them fence ur eye?

When them dey warn una for excess garr iiiiii, una go dey give una self hope say wen una don put 10 naira cowbell and 5 naira sugar say na balance diet una dey eat
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Manchester United Could Face Points Deduction Under Premier League Rules / Ahmed Musa Wins League Title With His Club In Saudi Arabia / Jesse Lingard Mocks Arsenal After 3-1 Win (Photos & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.