Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:38 AM

Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! (34873 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by oluwaoghene: 6:46am On Jun 08, 2013
Jarus:

Na wa o. Spain and their midfielders. See number of midfielders.

Anyway, I'm not afraid. They are not different from the Catalunya this team drew with last year. Most of their guys played for Catalunya

Bros, I am afraid oooo. This team are GIANT KILLERS. We will have 20% ball possession and may be 2 shots on target grin. Mikel na big man for Naija oooo. So forget, this spain team na die. Na to beat Tahiti well for our first game
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 08, 2013
oluwaoghene:

Bros, I am afraid oooo. This team are GIANT KILLERS. We will have 20% ball possession and may be 2 shots on target grin. Mikel na big man for Naija oooo. So forget, this spain team na die. Na to beat Tahiti well for our first game

The Super Eagles definitely have to score as many goals as they can against Tahiti, to boost the goal difference.
I think the Eagles will have no less than 35% possession at worst.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 08, 2013
Dammiesugar: Hw abt dis kid ezekiel imoh or somtin lyk dat?4 cryin out loud,whr is ekigho ehiosun sef,stephen sunday,sone aluko,lukman haruna,apam,mannaseh ishiaku,adeleye,rabiu afolabi?r dey dead?
Good to know dat u know many super eagles players but only 23 players r needed n d coach has made his choice!

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by yoged(m): 7:06am On Jun 08, 2013
Dammiesugar: Hw abt dis kid ezekiel imoh or somtin lyk dat?4 cryin out loud,whr is ekigho ehiosun sef,stephen sunday,sone aluko,lukman haruna,apam,mannaseh ishiaku,adeleye,rabiu afolabi?r dey dead?
imoh Ezekiel is for the future if he didnt ended up playing for Belgiun which i doubt. Ehiosun hasn't been be consistence enoughy to be recalled. Stepehen sunday That guy is crap. He was chase out of valencia, and now playing in a division 2 team... I believe haruna's indiscipline will always cost him a re-called to the team. If e play against spain, he'll collect an airtel card b4 the match even commence. Apam is not ready for national team now, he needs to claim a regular shirt at his club and stays injury free. Aluko shud wait for his chance. He's only good at set piece, not really my type. Mannaseh wat?? Is the guy still playing football? Last i heard of him was at la louvire in belgium. He shud have start a car business by now. And pls for God sake dont mention adeleye again and rabiu afolabi. Happy weekend

4 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 08, 2013
pazienza: The strenght of this team lies in the midfield. Mikel-onazi-mba triangle,tested and trusted.
let me borrow words 4rm anceloti.....>> "Diamond formation",alike.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by boron10(m): 7:34am On Jun 08, 2013
olojuede01: In the midfield, i would pick Lukman Haruna. He was in fine form this last season defends and passes well, he also packs a mean shot in his right foot, someone in the mold of Lampard, I would also pick Martins ahead of the Gambo dude. He brings something else to the team. Most of the strikers in the team are similar. There is not really a fighter in the mold of Martins, Emenike and Odemwinge.
Apart from skill, there is a quality a player requires in football before you consider him a good player. And that is passion. Lukmon lacks passion to play for his country.

He assumed himself an indispensible player whenever he was called up to represent the country at the junior level. When you look at our home based players, you see humility, passion and drive to succeed. These are the qualities we need in our team.

As for Martins, keshi gave him chance to prove himself and he messed it up.

I was actually expecting you to mention Bright Dike who scored our only goal against Catalonia.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 08, 2013
boron10:
Apart from skill, there is a quality a player requires in football before you consider him a good player. And that is passion. Lukmon lacks passion to play for his country.

He assumed himself an indispensible player whenever he was called up to represent the country at the junior level. When you look at our home based players, you see humility, passion and drive to succeed. These are the qualities we need in our team.

As for Martins, keshi gave him chance to prove himself and he messed it up.

I was actually expecting you to mention Bright Dike who scored our only goal against Catalonia.

I heard that he is also injured, and will be out for the rest of this year. undecided
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 08, 2013
Al dis pple complaining about victor moses and emenike absence,as if they are god.Who knw emenike b4?Keshi ad faith in him,gave him his chance n he delivered....!If it was according to players name,ivory coast would av beaten 9ja by a great margin,dint 9ja win the nations cup witout osazeEven wit d like of toure yaya,tiote,gervinho,kalou,romaric,didier drogba,but who expected sumbody like onazi to outplay yayaC futbal no b name,if thr is commitment n team work this team can do anytin....!Watch out 4 anthony ujah,mayb afta d confd cup,pple will not mention emenike 2much again.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Cusubaba(m): 7:43am On Jun 08, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Ghana would do better against non-African teams, since it is a better team overall than Nigeria. The Little Eagles are a one-hit wonder.
Fuckoff u low minded Ghanaian or u can as well kiss ur mother a.s.s. Hahahaha.... How can u compare ant with elephant. FIFA Confederations Cup is for Champions like Nigeria, Spain, not for minnors like Ghana Black Juju Stars who have not won anything for past 32 years. Village bastard.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Soso990240(m): 7:50am On Jun 08, 2013
Jarus:

I agree we are underrating Ideye. He has high work rate and good with assists. He partnered well with Emenike in ANC, a la Amokachi behind Yekini. Even if he has not been scoring goals for Eagles.

It is not for nothing that he has been scoring more than 15 goals every season, from Swiss League to French League to Ukrainian League. He finished last season as 2nd highest goal scorer in Ukriane with circa 19 goals , despite being absent for Nations cup duty.

To me he is still the guy I have most confidence with upfront after Emenike.
thats wot am talkin about.ideye is good.i see him making amends against namibia and in d conf.cup.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Princek12(m): 7:51am On Jun 08, 2013
The comments posted on Nairaland are usually indicative of how many Nigerians think, which explains why our country is in a retarded stage. The following are highlights of some comments and how they reflect our thinking:

(1) comment: This squad lacks depth because Victor Moses and Emenike are not included. It

reflection on how we think: it shows that many Nigerians are used to the status quo and would not give new talents a chance. Moses and Ewenike were given a chance to prove themselves, so let us give a chance to some new talents to prove themselves. Anthony Ujah is a talented striker who achieved legendary status in Norway in one season, after he netted about 32 goals in 40 matches or so. There are talents like him, too, who have been given a chance.

(2) Comment: this squad does not stand a chance against the other teams.

Reflection on how we think: we generally lack confidence when going against other countries and don't believe in teamwork, perseverance, focus, and strength of the youth. We also do't believe in our own. This is the same mentality that has previously prompted our officials to hire foreign coaches at the expense of qualified Nigerian coaches. It's is the same mentality that made us chose tired legs and outdated players like Kanu and Yobo who have repeatedly failed us time and time but are still called to the team because we don't believe in our youth. Look at how a youthful AFCON squad played collectively but not individually to AFCON glory.

Comment: we don't have quality players.

Reflection: what does it take to be a quality player? Having a white skin? It looks like the mentality that Oyinbo is always better than us is still pervasive.

Comment: we need a miracle because the opposition is tough.

Reflection: we have already lost the battle mentally before beginning the battle. Lack of confidence in our own home based players and talent.

6 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Soso990240(m): 7:55am On Jun 08, 2013
zuchyblink: is not the matter of inviting europe based players,playing in europe does not make u a better player ahead of others is just an opportunity.keshi invited players that are ready to die for the country,that are ready to prove and compete with world class players that was the secret of our nations cup success.
on point.and believe me,dis conf.cup will make Mba,Oboabona and other home based in that spuard worjd class players.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Soso990240(m): 7:59am On Jun 08, 2013
CFCfan:

Spain's midfield is out of this planet. However, Del Bosque may decide to use the wings more, instead of relying on the duo of Xavi and Iniesta to supply the thru passes. The match between Echiejile/Efe Ambrose and Jesus Navas or Pedro will be fascinating. Ambrose won't be overawed by the occasion though, having played twice against Barca last season.
yeah.i believe ambrose is the most experienced deffender in dat squard.come 2 thnk of it,he caged barca players wen they won barca last season.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Tropilo(m): 8:00am On Jun 08, 2013
antap:
How? How bro? How can Eagles win this tourney? Which leg dem won take play am? Spain dey there o, Brazil too dey there o, Italy too dey there o.
We shall see.

Ye men of little faith...! Says the LORD.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 08, 2013
Additional fun facts:

*Standing at 6ft 5in, Azubike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves) is the tallest member of the squad.

*10 members of the squad are either 6ft or taller.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Soso990240(m): 8:06am On Jun 08, 2013
oluwaoghene:

lol..bt if we can beat Tahiti with atleast 3 goals,that will send a signal 2 spain dat we ar serious.and let us pray spain draw their 1st match.dat will be a + to us.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 08, 2013
Danhumprey: Just becos Victor Moses and Emmanuel Emenike are not on the list doesn't mean we can't do well. Let's trust our players. By the way,Moses and Emenike were unsound heroes until they were given a chance by Keshi to show their worth. Let's also trust these players. I see the going place. GOD help us.
am with you. I believe in this squad. The most important thing is to build a team. The names doesn't matter.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by HAH: 8:09am On Jun 08, 2013
For those who don't know Gambo Mohammad is the top striker of kano pillars, and one of the two most important players of kano pillars.

Now if kano pillars are the Nigerian league champions and 8 home based players made the list then a player from that champions is justified.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Soso990240(m): 8:09am On Jun 08, 2013
CFCfan: *Fun fact: Standing at 6ft 5in, Azubike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves) is the tallest member of the squad.
bt our players ar taller than spanish players(minus pique).mikel,oboabona,omeruo,john ogu,ideye,egwueke.thes guys get hight.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 08, 2013
Soso990240: bt our players ar taller than spanish players(minus pique).mikel,oboabona,omeruo,john ogu,ideye,egwueke.thes guys get hight.

True. The Super eagles could work on set-piece delivery, in order to take advantage of their superior height. The likes of Bayern, Celtic, used their set-pieces effectively against Barca - which is predominantly a short team.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Soso990240(m): 8:19am On Jun 08, 2013
CFCfan:

I heard that he is also injured, and will be out for the rest of this year. undecided
i wasnt even happy dat keshi dropd him 4 d afcon.d guy is good.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Lekan155: 8:19am On Jun 08, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lets go there.......
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 08, 2013
CFCfan:

True. The Super eagles could work on set-piece delivery, in order to take advantage of their superior height. The likes of Bayern, Celtic, used their set-pieces effectively against Barca - which is predominantly a short team.
lol . . . Especially Bayern

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by nickxtra(m): 8:28am On Jun 08, 2013
Well, what a squad! Brown Ideye has no better business to do in this team, he has always failed. Where is Kalu Uche, Yobo experience and Eneramo's or Emenike's power? Hope Keshi will not come back to tell us that they failed because of inexperience. No room for excuses boss. Good luck all the same.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Soso990240(m): 8:28am On Jun 08, 2013
Emmadani: Al dis pple complaining about victor moses and emenike absence,as if they are god.Who knw emenike b4?Keshi ad faith in him,gave him his chance n he delivered....!If it was according to players name,ivory coast would av beaten 9ja by a great margin,dint 9ja win the nations cup witout osazeEven wit d like of toure yaya,tiote,gervinho,kalou,romaric,didier drogba,but who expected sumbody like onazi to outplay yayaC futbal no b name,if thr is commitment n team work this team can do anytin....!Watch out 4 anthony ujah,mayb afta d confd cup,pple will not mention emenike 2much again.
oga,i agree wit u somhow.i tip ujah and oduamadi 2 make name 4 us and themselves.bt i dnt agree we go 2 brazil as novice,we should be goin as african champions.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by boron10(m): 8:30am On Jun 08, 2013
Keshi's idea of incorporating local based players into the National team is spot on.

Okocha, Amokachi, Rufai and Yekini were discovered from Local clubs before making their moves to foreign clubs.

As we all know, the aforementioned players were part of the team that would pass as the best super eagles of all time.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 08, 2013
nickxtra: Well, what a squad! Brown Ideye has no better business to do in this team, he has always failed. Where is Kalu Uche, Yobo experience and Eneramo's or Emenike's power? Hope Keshi will not come back to tell us that they failed because of inexperience. No room for excuses boss. Good luck all the same.

Kalu Uche is just recovering from an injury.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by boron10(m): 8:33am On Jun 08, 2013
nickxtra: Well, what a squad! Brown Ideye has no better business to do in this team, he has always failed. Where is Kalu Uche, Yobo experience and Eneramo's or Emenike's power? Hope Keshi will not come back to tell us that they failed because of inexperience. No room for excuses boss. Good luck all the same.
You have no business commenting on this thread cos you obviously have not been following Nigerian football.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by kolamilan(m): 8:34am On Jun 08, 2013
may GOD help us.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by barikay: 8:36am On Jun 08, 2013
History shall repeat itself. We defeated spain in world cup, so it not a new thing
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Soso990240(m): 8:41am On Jun 08, 2013
CFCfan:

exactly..drop d game on d floor 2 gain posession against spain will be a suicide mission.keshi should change pattern against them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Manchester United Could Face Points Deduction Under Premier League Rules / Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? / Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.