Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,960 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Hadeeth Or Koran? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hadeeth Or Koran? (841 Views)

Does The Koran Really Encourage Faithful Moslems To Kill Christians? / Hadeeth Of The Day / The 5 versions of the Arabic Koran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hadeeth Or Koran? by basilico: 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
Dear muslims asalam aleikum. Which sources should I quote when debating with you? Should I leave out the hadeeth since they may be corrupt or not and just quote the Koran? Should I mention sahìh bukhali as he is considered the second most islamic koran authority. Which are the true hadeeth and which are wrong. Another issue I want to ask which koran interpretor should I use so that we are in agreement? Thanks.
Re: Hadeeth Or Koran? by lanrexlan(m): 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
basilico: Dear muslims asalam aleikum. Which sources should I quote when debating with you? Should I leave out the hadeeth since they may be corrupt or not and just quote the Koran? Should I mention sahìh bukhali as he is considered the second most islamic koran authority. Which are the true hadeeth and which are wrong. Another issue I want to ask which koran interpretor should I use so that we are in agreement? Thanks.
Brother,these are six authentic hadith compilers,they are;Bukhari,Muslim,sunan Abu Dawood,sunan Tirmidhi,Ibn Majah and Ibn Ahmad.For Quran interpreter,you should know translation of the Quran isn't a version of the Quran,can't convey the exact words,but you may go for Yusuf Ali translation......Peace
Re: Hadeeth Or Koran? by basilico: 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
Thanks . I will not quote any other source apart from what you have mentioned. Now i do hope you will agree with me that the manner of prayer rituals salaat eg wudu is obtained from these authentic hadeeths that you approve. And we can also agree that where the hadeeths contradict the Koran we shall take yusuf ali as the correct interpretation.
lanrexlan: Brother,these are six authentic hadith compilers,they are;Bukhari,Muslim,sunan Abu Dawood,sunan Tirmidhi,Ibn Majah and Ibn Ahmad.For Quran interpreter,you should know translation of the Quran isn't a version of the Quran,can't convey the exact words,but you may go for Yusuf Ali translation......Peace
Re: Hadeeth Or Koran? by lanrexlan(m): 9:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
basilico: Thanks . I will not quote any other source apart from what you have mentioned. Now i do hope you will agree with me that the manner of prayer rituals salaat eg wudu is obtained from these authentic hadeeths that you approve. And we can also agree that where the hadeeths contradict the Koran we shall take yusuf ali as the correct interpretation.
I am not saying Yusuf Ali is the best translation,just prescribed it for you.The best is to understand Arabic as a language.Hadiths can't contradict Quran unless you don't have a proper understanding of it and moreover wudu is also given in the Quran.....Peace
Re: Hadeeth Or Koran? by basilico: 11:41am On Jun 08, 2013
With the weight given to these sahìh sources Can we for a start say that islam cannot be practiced in full without the hadeeths? In other words the Koran is not complete without the authentic hadeeth?
Re: Hadeeth Or Koran? by lanrexlan(m): 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2013
basilico: With the weight given to these sahìh sources Can we for a start say that islam cannot be practiced in full without the hadeeths? In other words the Koran is not complete without the authentic hadeeth?
Brother,the glorious Quran is a complete word of Allah.Hadiths are sayings and ways of the prophet(pbuh),they act as supplements to the Quran.For instance,it is mentioned in the Quran that we should offer 5times prayer,the Qiblah is also given and how to perform wudu.But how will you offer the prayer? Is it given in the Quran? No,but Allah said in the glorious Quran in surah Al-Hashr 59;7-''And whatsoever the messenger(muhammed(pbuh)gives you,take it and whatsoever he forbids you,abstain from it''.Also Allah said in surah Al-Imran 3;31-''Say(O muhammed(pbuh);If you really love Allah,then follow me(i.e. Accept islamic monotheism,follow the Quran and sunnah(prophet's way).
So,the rules and regulations are laid in the Quran,then the prophet(pbuh)is the first person that will perform it,then his followers will follow.For SOLAT,it's said to offer SOLAT in the Quran but it doesn't tell how to offer it,but the Quran has given authority that we should follow the prophet(pbuh)so whatsoever the prophet(pbuh) does,we also follow.And all these ways and sayings of his are collectively known as hadiths.....Peace
Re: Hadeeth Or Koran? by basilico: 10:42am On Jun 09, 2013
The quran is the word of Allah yes but to follow islamic prayer, life and rituals you need the hadiths. The quran tells yo pray but not how. So the quran itself is not a complete.
Re: Hadeeth Or Koran? by maclatunji: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
basilico: The quran is the word of Allah yes but to follow islamic prayer, life and rituals you need the hadiths. The quran tells yo pray but not how. So the quran itself is not a complete.

You must be idle, let me give you home work.

Question: What does the Quran say about the Prophet (SAW) and his relationship with and position to Muslims?

2 Likes

Re: Hadeeth Or Koran? by basilico: 3:58pm On Jun 10, 2013
Well I have read here muslims saying that quran is complete in itself but apparently that is not the case. Being a hafeez is all useless if you do not read the hadeeths. In any case the quran is arranged by the length of each verse the longest ones at the end and not in any chronological order thus requiring numerous references to books not sent down by allah but written by the companions. These issues make it really difficult for me to trust the quran as the unchanged word of Allah.
Re: Hadeeth Or Koran? by BetaThings: 10:15am On Jun 11, 2013
^^^^
And?

1 Like

Re: Hadeeth Or Koran? by basilico: 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2013
And so your quran may be the word of Allah but you need other non allah sources to fulfil islam meaning Allah missed out. You also need to learn classical arabic to understand him. So was muhammad allah?
BetaThings: ^^^^
And?
Re: Hadeeth Or Koran? by lanrexlan(m): 9:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
basilico: And so your quran may be the word of Allah but you need other non allah sources to fulfil islam meaning Allah missed out. You also need to learn classical arabic to understand him. So was muhammad allah?
Can't you answer brother maclatunji's simple question?....
Re: Hadeeth Or Koran? by basilico: 7:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
I will answer him if he or you shows me where in the holy book for once clearly outlines the (5 ?) pillars of Islam. Top on the list will be the ayat in the quran says that one should pray 5 times a day and also when it was reduced from 50 times a day. Peace. If you follow my line of thinking I want us to agree with evidence available that the quran is complete and as such one does not need the hadith to follow islam to the letter. Then we use the quran only as opposed to other sources not directly brought down by Allah to get a few answers.

(1) (Reply)

Maximize The Last Ten(10) Days Of Ramadan / RE: Is My Fast Broken? I Kissed And Touched My Wife This Afternoon / Which Countries Ban Wearing Niqabs And Burqas In Public?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.