Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Hadeeth Of The Day - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hadeeth Of The Day (49418 Views)

The Twelve Caliph Hadeeth / The Hadeeth Of The Eleven Women : Sahih Muslim / Hadeeth Or Koran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 5:48pm On Jun 23, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,[center]
[/center]
It has been a long time I wanted to open a thread like this one but I used to think it was rather inappropriate. But today seeing one reckless comment made by one of our constant disturbers on this board encouraged me to start it. And I hope it'll be of help to both us--Muslims and our Christian brethren who are ready to learn and understand the only true religion of earth--Islam.

What is Hadeeth?

Hadeeth means the words, actions, approval or attributes that have been narrated from the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

And the Almighty Allah says regarding the Prophet Muhammad's words, actions, approval or attributes, "Your Companion (the Prophet of Islam) errs not nor does he deviate. Nor does he speak out of desire. It is nought but revelation that is revealed. One Mighty in Power has taught him." (Qur'an 53:2-5)

To begin:

Narrated Muawiya bin Suwald:

I heard Al-Bara' bin 'Azib saying, "The Prophet (S.A.W) orders us to do seven things and prohibited us from doing seven other things." Then Al-Bara' mentioned the following:--

(1) To pay a visit to the sick (inquiring about his health),

(2) to follow funeral processions,

(3) to say to a sneezer, "May Allah be merciful to you" (if he says, "Praise be to Allah!"wink,

(4) to return greetings,

(5) to help the oppressed,

(6) to accept invitations,

(7) to help others to fulfill their oaths.

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 625

NB:

Not only I, i.e. the author of the thread is allowed to bring up the Hadeeth for the day but anyone else. What I'll, yet, like to call our attention to is; please we should only write Saheeh Hadeeths. Thank you so much and may the Lord of the universe, the Lord of Jesus (P.B.U.H), the Lord of Muhammad (P.B.U.H), our Lord--Allah (S.W.T) bless and guide us through our lives, ameen.

Muhsin

4 Likes

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 6:17pm On Jun 23, 2009
I am very interested in this thread. I hope that we can soon arrive at the GREY areas of the haddith. And hopefully u can address my concerns and educate my "ignorance".

1 Like

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:26pm On Jun 24, 2009
Whatever you mean, noetic2, I'll go on with the thread, inshaAllah. cool
I'm sure it'll be of benefit and help to many, inshaAllah.
May the Almighty ease the task for me, ameen.

2 Likes

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:30pm On Jun 24, 2009
Narrated Usama:

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "I stood at the gate of Paradise and saw that the majority of the people who entered it were the poor, while the wealthy were stopped at the gate (for the accounts). But the companions of the Fire were ordered to be taken to the Fire. Then I stood at the gate of the Fire and saw that the majority of those who entered it were women."

Source: Sahi Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 124.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Jarus(m): 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2009
Good initiative, Muhsin. I will make this thread sticky.

1 Like

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 3:20pm On Jun 24, 2009
@ mushin

can we at least know the very essence of each message in advance.

like is the haddith of the day intended to address love, giving, zakat or what? This would make it more interactive and ignorant people like myself can ask questions and learn.

1 Like

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Jarus(m): 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2009
noetic2:

@ mushin

can we at least know the very essence of each message in advance.

like is the haddith of the day intended to address love, giving, zakat or what? This would make it more interactive and ignorant people like myself can ask questions and learn.
Most sensible post i have read from you.

Muhsin,
Try to modify your introductory post to spell out the message of each hadith. It could be before or after the statement of the hadith, but better before the hadith.
Thanks
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2009
@Jarus,

I didn't know my thread could have such a regard. Thanks so much.

Well, regarding noetic2's request as well as yours, I don't think that should be the case as some Hadeeths' themes are rather self-explanatory and thus can be easily understood. More-over, the task would certainly mean too much upon me to be accomplished as I have, almost always, lots to do on the net. What I think should be the case is; the door is OPEN for any reader to ask of anything he/she seems to have partial or not grasped. And God's willing the thing his/her question would be attended to.

May Allah (S.W.T) guide us, ameen.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 5:19pm On Jun 24, 2009
muhsin:

@Jarus,

I didn't know my thread could have such a regard. Thanks so much.

Well, regarding noetic2's request as well as yours, [b]I don't think that should be the case as some Hadeeths' themes are rather self-explanatory and thus can be easily understood. More-over, the task would certainly mean too much upon me to be accomplished as I have, almost always, lots to do on the net. [/b]What I think should be the case is; the door is OPEN for any reader to ask of anything he/she seems to have partial or not grasped. And God's willing the thing his/her question would be attended to.

May Allah (S.W.T) guide us, ameen.

This is a dishonest attempt not to clarify the GREY areas of the haddith whenever u raise them.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2009
What do you mean by the GREY areas? You know my English is just a spoonful. Right? wink
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Jarus(m): 9:37am On Jun 25, 2009
Muhsin,
Understood. Your request is granted. Let anybody ask question on any area he/she doesn't understand.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 1:37pm On Jun 25, 2009
Assalaam alaikum,

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Whoever has the following four (characteristics) will be a pure hypocrite and whoever has one of the following four characteristics will have one characteristic of hypocrisy unless and until he gives it up.

1. Whenever he is entrusted, he betrays.

2. Whenever he speaks, he tells a lie.

3. Whenever he makes a covenant, he proves treacherous.

4. Whenever he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil and insulting manner."

Soruce: Sahi Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 33
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 2:20pm On Jun 25, 2009
muhsin:

Assalaam alaikum,

[b][color=#770077]Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Whoever has the following four (characteristics) will be a pure hypocrite and whoever has one of the following four characteristics will have one characteristic of hypocrisy unless and until he gives it up.

Whats the difference between a pure hypocrite and an unpure hypocrite? do they have separate hell fires?

4. Whenever he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil and insulting manner."

Is there ANY notable muslim respondent on this forum who is NOT guilty of this?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Abuzola(m): 2:24pm On Jun 25, 2009
Don't come and start ur nonsense again pleaseee
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 2:27pm On Jun 25, 2009
Abuzola:

Don't come and start ur nonsense again pleaseee

what should we call the RUBBISH u do in the religion section?

just answer my questions, if u can. . . .pathetic troll.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by mukina2: 2:29pm On Jun 25, 2009
noetic2:

what should we call the RUBBISH u do in the religion section?

just answer my questions, if u can. . . .pathetic troll.

LOl funny cheesy
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Abuzola(m): 2:44pm On Jun 25, 2009
Hmmm, i do not go there throwing bombs and saying unreasonaale + nonsense = ? Besides i know christianity like my slipass very well so u don't expect me to go there to learn, i post facts that many christians never knew, such as christianity in the bible, dancing and clapping which never exist in the bible. But i tell u noetic thats just the beginning because i have my thousands facts intact which even u never knew, just bear whth me in ur section as time goes u shall be seeing balistic facts. As for u. U only find trouble by insulting our beloved prophet, the mentality is distinct
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 2:48pm On Jun 25, 2009
Abuzola:

Hmmm, i do not go there throwing bombs and saying unreasonaale + nonsense = ? Besides i know christianity like my slipass very well so u don't expect me to go there to learn, i post facts that many christians never knew, such as christianity in the bible, dancing and clapping which never exist in the bible. But i tell u noetic thats just the beginning because i have my thousands facts intact which even u never knew, just bear whth me in ur section as time goes u shall be seeing balistic facts. As for u. U only find trouble by insulting our beloved prophet, the mentality is distinct

This is ridiculous.

name ONE FACT u have ever posted? you post googled-up misinformation and whenever u are asked a question, u run away carrying ur tail with you.

All I ever do here is to ask questions or state my opinion on bad islamic norms, and for each opinion I back it up koran or haddith citations. None of u has ever been able to REFUTE any of my assertions. you all resort to insults and abuses, which even a child should not be caught doing.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by mukina2: 2:56pm On Jun 25, 2009
You called abuzola a troll and i quoted you cuz its funny.

You are equally a troll.

The topic is about Hadeeths keep to it or click back and move on to the next topic
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Abuzola(m): 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2009
Yeeeee noetic when did u back ur insults and trouble with ayah or hadith. U are a big 419 infact 519. I don't use google for response google does not have the answer i need and moreover it will be a huge shame for me who schooled and did islamic school to google around, incase u are blind go and ask ur neighbor whether in most of my thread there is no compiled by abuzola. . Catch u later
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2009
mukina2:

You called abuzola a troll and i quoted you cuz its funny.

You are equally a troll.

The topic is about Hadeeths keep to it or click back and move on to the next topic

since u are fond of constituting a NUISANCE on virtually every thread. I would advise u ignore my posts.

Abuzola:

Yeeeee noetic when did u back ur insults and trouble with ayah or hadith. U are a big 419 infact 519. I don't use google for response google does not have the answer i need and moreover it will be a huge shame for me who schooled and did islamic school to google around, incase u are blind go and ask ur neighbor whether in most of my thread there is no compiled by abuzola. . Catch u later

In the threads I have started I have always cited the koran and haddiths. Check out "why I am not a muslim" "is allah a forgiving deity" and several others. Whenever I state my case I back it up. Whenever islamic trolls like u come attacking, I always answer ur questions and stay in the thread objectively.

You come up with erroneous mis-information, whenever u start a thread in the religion section. People respond and ask u questions. U either runa way like a thief or resort to insults. . . . . .a pot calling kettle black.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Jarus(m): 4:41pm On Jun 25, 2009
Whats the difference between a pure hypocrite and an unpure hypocrite? do they have separate hell fires?
Na wa for you o.
This is very serious. So you don't know the meaning of 'pure' as used in that sentence, and you expect 'unpure hypocrite' to be the opposite.
Even my sister in primary school will know that 'pure hypocrite' as used in the statement means 'whole, complete hypocrite'.

Pls don't ask me what 'incomplete hypocrite' means because I don't know how to explain more simply to you than I've already done.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 4:52pm On Jun 25, 2009
Jarus:

Na wa for you o.
This is very serious. So you don't know the meaning of 'pure' as used in that sentence, and you expect 'unpure hypocrite' to be the opposite.
Even my sister in primary school will know that 'pure hypocrite' as used in the statement means 'whole, complete hypocrite'.

Pls don't ask me what 'incomplete hypocrite' means because I don't know how to explain more simply to you than I've already done.

u did not answer the second part of the question. do they have different hell fires?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by mukina2: 5:16pm On Jun 25, 2009
Noetic

if you continue being a troll i wont ignore you cheesy i'll only frustrate you cheesy
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Abuzola(m): 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2009
@noetic, Are u telling me that since u register on nairaland you did not post in other threads ? Come on, save ur bullshit- all am saying is u derail threads with insult on our beloved Prophet or cause trouble.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2009
noetic2:

u did not answer the second part of the question. do they have different hell fires?

AlhamduliLlah. That means you too accept that the first one was aptly answered. Right? cheesy

Either they do have same or different hell fires is not our concern, for we don't like to (and won't , inshaAllah) enter neither.

Any way, let me attempt it: should different offense, for e.g. a stealer of a car and that of a bicycle, both be judged the same and received same verdicts? For instance be sentenced to 5-5 years imprisonment? I think it'd be a bit fairer if the former was sentenced to 2, while the latter 5. Isn't it more just?  

BTW, you remind me of one of my lecturers, many at times, noetic2. He always reiterates "confusion is good in learning" whenever feels his students are confused. I wish you all the best.

Until tomorrow, inshaAllah.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 9:44pm On Jun 25, 2009
Abuzola:

@noetic, Are u telling me that since u register on nairaland you did not post in other threads ? Come on, save ur bullshit- all am saying is u derail threads with insult on our beloved Prophet or cause trouble.

This has no meaning.

what u consider as INSULTS against prophet mohammed, I consider as NORMS
what u consider as NORMS about Jesus, I consider as INSULTS.

unless and until u understand that there must be tolerance in expression, I dont see a resolution.
All I have done is to interpret events (about mohammed) to the best of my understanding. None of u has ever REFUTED this analysis of mine. All u do is render insults. When someone readily resorts to insults they are called empty barrels.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 9:45pm On Jun 25, 2009
muhsin:

AlhamduliLlah. That means you too accept that the first one was aptly answered. Right? cheesy

Either they do have same or different hell fires is not our concern, for we don't like to (and won't , inshaAllah) enter neither.

Any way, let me attempt it: should different offense, for e.g. a stealer of a car and that of a bicycle, both be judged the same and received same verdicts? For instance be sentenced to 5-5 years imprisonment? I think it'd be a bit fairer if the former was sentenced to 2, while the latter 5. Isn't it more just?  

BTW, you remind me of one of my lecturers, many at times, noetic2. He always reiterates "confusion is good in learning" whenever feels his students are confused. I wish you all the best.

Until tomorrow, inshaAllah.

I am awaiting ur answer.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by littleb(m): 12:31am On Jun 26, 2009
The Prophet(peace be upon him) said:

1. "What I most fear in my community is a man who interprets verses of the Qur'an out of context."

2. "There will be towards the end of time a people who will say to you what neither you nor your forebears ever heard before. Beware of them lest they misguide you and bring you confusion."
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 1:14am On Jun 26, 2009
littleb:

The Prophet(peace be upon him) said:

1. "What I most fear in my community is a man who interprets verses of the Qur'an out of context."

2. "There will be towards the end of time a people who will say to you what neither you nor your forebears ever heard before. Beware of them lest they misguide you and bring you confusion."

What verse of the Koran have I or anyone misinterpreted on this forum?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by littleb(m): 1:30am On Jun 26, 2009
noetic2:

What verse of the Koran have I or anyone misinterpreted on this forum?

I never mentioned anyone's name! I only quoted an hadith.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 1:31am On Jun 26, 2009
littleb:

I never mentioned anyone's name! I only quoted an hadith.

we both know what EXACTLY you are driving at.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. / Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration / Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.