Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,709 members, 7,851,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:43 PM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (201081 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 6:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
222Martins:
I am currently feeling the heat o. Bros, please if I may ask...I was very much aware when you ordered your FX45 from Fhemmmy. How has the maintenance been since then? I would like to hear your experience please. Thanks

To be truthful that car dey drink fuel if you are a rough driver,I serviced that car in march 2013 with Mobil 1 and I just serviced it again this December after about 7km.

Apart from buying of fuel the only problem I 've gotten so far is the Power Steering Hose which started leaking since October, I tried fixing it myself but its still leaking.My only problem is that I don't want to encounter other problems when changing the hose,you know our naija mechanics now.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 13, 2015
222Martins:
Ogas in the house, kindly help me with a little piece of advice. I ran a scan on my Infiniti Fx 35 and it returned the code P1211 (ABS/TCU control unit) and P0442 (Small leak detected). Please where do I go from here? I have spent house studying the vehicle manual but got no helpful info. I will appreciate any info. Thanks
Nothing terribly serious. For the P1211, it's your ABS control unit that is probably at fault. I use probably because a weak battery or low brake fluid could trigger off ABS codes.This code will not trigger-off your SES light in fact. The light came on because of the P0442. This relates to the evap canister and is vacuum related. Yes, there's a leak along the line and you want to start by making sure that your fuel filler cap/lid is good and secure. You can then erase the light and watch if it'll reappear. Btw, what year is your FX?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by webmaster3: 5:12pm On Jan 16, 2015
OK Guys, so I had an interesting experience with my 2005 FX35 yesterday. Was driving on 3MB at night and all of a sudden the car could not accelerate anymore, checked the dash board and noticed the dash board lights were on and the brakes as well as steering started getting hard. I knew the car has just gone off. I managed to navigate to the edge of the bridge and switched off the car. Started the engine and the car started but went off immediately. Tried doing it again but this time around pressing the accelerator to rev the engine in order to stop it from going off again but the engine wont rev and car died.

I Then called my mechanic and described what happened and he told me to check the filter in my airflow meter to confirm if it was torn and alas it was torn and worn out. Was told to remove the filter and start the car and to my greatest surprise everything was back in order and car moved fine. Drove it home with no issues after removing the torn filter. Had to go get a replacement filter this morning.

Just to share this piece with my Infiniti FX users, never knew a torn filter would cause a car to behave like this way.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2015
webmaster3:
OK Guys, so I had an interesting experience with my 2005 FX35 yesterday. Was driving on 3MB at night and all of a sudden the car could not accelerate anymore, checked the dash board and noticed the dash board lights were on and the brakes as well as steering started getting hard. I knew the car has just gone off. I managed to navigate to the edge of the bridge and switched off the car. Started the engine and the car started but went off immediately. Tried doing it again but this time around pressing the accelerator to rev the engine in order to stop it from going off again but the engine wont rev and car died.

I Then called my mechanic and described what happened and he told me to check the filter in my airflow meter to confirm if it was torn and alas it was torn and worn out. Was told to remove the filter and start the car and to my greatest surprise everything was back in order and car moved fine. Drove it home with no issues after removing the torn filter. Had to go get a replacement filter this morning.

Just to share this piece with my Infiniti FX users, never knew a torn filter would cause a car to behave like this way.
Yes, all's well that ends well. Filter in airflow meter? What filter is that. Would you mean the common air filter? If so, beats me how you neglected it for so long to get to such state of dilapidation.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by webmaster3: 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2015
Am referring to the common air filter.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChuxD(m): 7:01am On Jan 18, 2015
It will even be of benefit to the SUV. Its gonna prevent mixing of atf and coolant fluid which will ruin the transmission. That vehicle had a class action law suit for that defect and one way to prevent such damage is radiator bypass.
Goodmrn to d house....please i'll need to also carry out ds radiator bypass in my car...2006 model.....i stay in Port Harcourt...who can i contact to assist me?any garage dt does it?....help help help.....@coostee@nissparts@d house....
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by arixreal: 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
Please can somebody help me out which type of engine oil is Nissan murano 2003 using and also the ATF for the gear box and where can I get it
Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
arixreal:
Please can somebody help me out which type of engine oil is Nissan murano 2003 using and also the ATF for the gear box and where can I get it
Thanks
The atf is Nissan CVT-NS2. Available at Ladipo. As for engine oil, nothing wrong with the reputable brands (Mobil, Total, etc) in the respective filling stations. Better still contact Nissparts.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChuxD(m): 11:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
Good day to d house....please i'll need to carry out ds radiator bypass in my car...2006 model.....i stay in Port Harcourt...who can i contact to assist me?any garage dt does it?....help help help.....@coostee@nissparts@d house...
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by akumaris(m): 1:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
please how much is fuel pump for nissan Almera 03 liftback
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2015
its hard to disagree with you but i still prefer it I spent like 300k changing some parts in december which led me to spending another 100k in january for some camshaft sensors... but the good thing is you change it once and you forget working on your car for another 2 or 3yrs..... I love my ride and I ensure I give it what it needs to keep me out of my house till 3/4am if you know what I mean....

222Martins:

My brother, Fx maintenance na die o. This motor na confirm big man big problem.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
drumma:
I spent...100k in january for some camshaft sensors.
Sure you're not exaggerating now? How many cam sensors are on your FX35... a 3.5litre engine!
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2015
@costee my car has 3 cam shaft sensors and all was replaced..... the service engine light just came up again guess it's sensing something again.... I think its high time I get myself a scanner...

Costee:

Sure you're not exaggerating now? How many cam sensors are on your FX35... a 3.5litre engine!
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 31, 2015
drumma:
@costee my car has 3 cam shaft sensors and all was replaced..... the service engine light just came up again guess it's sensing something again.... I think its high time I get myself a scanner...

You have two cam sensors and a crank sensor. Except you've been ripped off the most you'd get for the three is 45k. As for getting a scan tool, that's becoming a late realisation cheesy
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 1:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
@costee the only reason i like you so much is because you advise me with matured insults.... Oya package ur scanner & send to me make i dey use or u tell me which one to buy asap....

Thanks for always being there abstractly.

Costee:

You have two cam sensors and a crank sensor. Except you've been ripped off the most you'd get for the three is 45k. As for getting a scan tool, that's becoming a late realisation cheesy
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 02, 2015
drumma:
package ur scanner & send to me make i dey use or u tell me which one to buy asap....
Easy enough. Let me know when you're ready. Though usually more expensive, I'd advise one that can scan the 4 main modules: engine, transmission, abs, and srs.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 3:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
@costee which brand and what spec bro??

Costee:

Easy enough. Let me know when you're ready. Though usually more expensive, I'd advise one that can scan the 4 main modules: engine, transmission, abs, and srs.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 02, 2015
drumma:
@costee which brand and what spec bro??
Autel. The MaxiDiag Elite MD701 is for Japanese vehicles; While MaxiDiag Elite MD802 covers all makes. The MD701 should be in the range 40-50k. Could be slightly less, depending on source.
See here for specs
http://pro.auteltech.com/myAccount.html?userType=1
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 1:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
@COSTEE that price sent me into coma.... i recovered though!

mbok im no opening a mechanic workshop oooo please help a brother....

Costee:

Autel. The MaxiDiag Elite MD701 is for Japanese vehicles; While MaxiDiag Elite MD802 covers all makes. The MD701 should be in the range 40-50k. Could be slightly less, depending on source.
See here for specs
http://pro.auteltech.com/myAccount.html?userType=1
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
drumma:
We go wash your recovery o. Try Konga, you might find less expensive ones there. Or in the alternative try me; because you're a brother NLer, I'll charge 4.999k (instead of 5k) for every consultation.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 10:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
drumma:

I have a few that are cheaper. Call when you are ready

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 3:30am On Feb 06, 2015
Please oo dear NL'S i know my own case is a small one, but please i need help seriously, my driver tyre looks like it is bent to me making alignment to be difficult, someone advised i change the tyre which i did but it is still the same, is there something else that could be affecting it? secondly when i pass through a bumb my screen reads LIFTGATE OPEN i noticed this error is coming from the boot because the doors are locked centrally except the boot. by the way the car is an FX35 2005.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by okonja(m): 8:20am On Feb 06, 2015
[size=18pt]Does anyone knows "How to set timing chain on infinity Fx45 V8 2003 model" pls?...If you are in Abuja, kindly call me[/size]...
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 10:46pm On Feb 07, 2015
@ the Guru's in the house.

I noticed some changes with my FX45, when accelerating and I step on the brakes, when I step hard on the accelerator again it takes about a second before it moves again, what could be the reason for this?

The Service Engine Soon light came on today for the first time too, I think its time to scan the car now.

Does anyone know a good Infiniti Auto Shop in Port harcourt?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 7:30pm On Feb 09, 2015
Alright boss.... i'll let you know...... my problem right now is still my a/c i feel like im using a standing fan in my car FX35 for that matter they change everything changeable but yet its not chilling...... please any one knows an a/c guru that work specifically on infiniti's ? biko anu ma bia ooo help a brother......

nissparts:

I have a few that are cheaper. Call when you are ready
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by lakun2013: 5:05pm On Feb 10, 2015
Please I need help. I use 2001 Infiniti QX4. The exhaust is bringing out white smoke and burning oil. When I first noticed it, I was advised to change the oil. I changed to Milemaster 5W 30. Smoking stopped. Recently the smoke has started again. This is mainly in the morning. Apart from this the engine runs fine. My mechanic said I may need to ring the engine. Somebody else said I will have to replace the engine as it can not be ringed Another person said it may be a sensor problem. I will appreciate your advice please.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 5:12pm On Feb 10, 2015
Does the smoking only show up in the mornings and after being parked for a few hours?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
I was able to scan at Eliozu Flyover before Oando.

P0455-Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected.(Large Leak)
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by xtivin(m): 9:20pm On Feb 10, 2015
Gooday pals,anyone has an idea of the cost of getting a nissan turbine revolution sensor and where to get it.will be glad for reasonable response
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by lakun2013: 9:52pm On Feb 10, 2015
Yes. The smoke is mainly in the morning and after being parked for few hours. Comes out when the accelerator is depressed
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 11:33pm On Feb 10, 2015
Are you in Lagos?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by tkovie2002(m): 3:13am On Feb 11, 2015
Hi everyone. I use a 2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD. Please I would like to know the right coolant to use for my car and the right measurement. I have been using just water for the car ever since I bought it which I know is not good and dangerous. Please advise what coolant type, or can I buy just any coolant in the market?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (87) (Reply)

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.