Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,237 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman (5910 Views)

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! / Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by ggood: 7:26pm On Jun 08, 2013
From a female LIB reader.

My fellow readers of this great blog please I need your help urgently. My younger brother wants to marry a woman who has two kids by two different men. She's only 29 and already has a 9 year old and a four year old, both from different men she dated in the past. My brother is only 31 and I and other members of our family feel there are more decent women out there he can marry and not a young woman with two kids. We have tried to talk him out of it but he doesn't want it to hear it. It's not even like she's beautiful, well educated or rich so I don't understand his obsession with this woman. How is he going to take care of two kids that are not his? What do we do? How do we get him to get away from this woman? There are some family members who believe he's under a spell because his obsession with her and determination to marry her is not normal.

source http://lindaikeji..com/2013/06/dear-lib-readers-how-can-i-stop-my.html
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Afam4eva(m): 7:31pm On Jun 08, 2013
So, decency is calculated based on how many children you have? Do you know how many people the ladies without children have killed? You don't judge decency because someone probably made a mistake sometime in their life.

It's not for you or any member of your family to determine who your brother should marry. He has a good reason for wanting to marry the lady.

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by otobrisesarah(f): 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2013
Have you ever taught of praying for your brother and his decision to marry? And again you didn't tell us if the kids are living with the lady. Please don't judge her by her past. There are many ladies out there who has been involve with loys of men and has done several abortions. Just pray for your brother and don't intrude. Nobody knows tomoRrow. God bless you
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by coogar: 7:46pm On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva: So, decency is calculated based on how many children you have? Do you know how many people the ladies without children have killed? You don't judge decency because someone probably made a mistake sometime in their life.

if she's 29 and she has a 9 year-old then her attitude as an adolescent should be looked into. it means she got preggers at 20. it's not rocket science - at 20, most females were completing their first degrees and miss thing here was procreating - she's not responsible!

It's not for you or any member of your family to determine who your brother should marry. He has a good reason for wanting to marry the lady.

arrant nonsense!
if problem occurs later, who would this guy run back to? his family or a faceless afam4eva? if i can't advise my sibling on a sensitive issue like his marriage then i would rather not have him as a brother - he's better off dead to me.

at 29, 2 kids for 2 different men?
if she's a good wife material, why did the fathers of her children refuse to marry her? i would personally beat up my brother or wait till their wedding day and send hired thugs to beat up bride and groom to stupor.

13 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Afam4eva(m): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2013
coogar:

if she's 29 and she has a 9 year-old then her attitude as an adolescent should be looked into. it means she got preggers at 20. it's not rocket science - at 20, most females were completing their first degrees and miss thing here was procreating - she's not responsible!

arrant nonsense!
if problem occurs later, who would this guy run back to? his family or a faceless afam4eva? if i can't advise my sibling on a sensitive issue like his marriage then i would rather not have him as a brother - he's better off dead to me.

if she's a good wife material, why did the fathers of her children refuse to marry her? i would personally beat up my brother or wait till their wedding day and send hired thugs to beat up bride and groom to stupor.
Does it make a difference that she's pregnant. What if her sexcapades with men didn't come with the baggage of having kids. Would he have been responsible then? So, she's irresponsible because she became pregnant and not because she slept with men.
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by coogar: 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
Does it make a difference that she's pregnant. What if her sexcapades with men didn't come with the baggage of having kids. Would he have been responsible then? So, she's irresponsible because she became pregnant and not because she slept with men.

using protection during sex = responsibility!

read it up!

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 08, 2013
coogar:

Ahem...*cough*...*cough*

coogar:

i agree wholeheartedly!
by 17, i have had about 4-5 chics sef! i really don't think a 17-year-old is a baby and dull enough not to know how to take care of himself!

baba oyo should increase his allowance and look the other way. everything else is in the hands of God!
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Afam4eva(m): 8:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
coogar:

using protection during sex = responsibility!

read it up!
Shouldn't NOT HAVING SEX = RESPONSIBLE

So, what if the CD breaks and she gets pregnant? That changes everything? I never knew that a day will come when preventing sperm from going into you will be termed responsible.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by coogar: 8:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
ileobatojo:

Ahem...*cough*...*cough*

i did not impregnate any of them!
so cough till your GP diagnoses tuberculosis. having sēx is not irresponsible, producing unwanted babies everywhere is the height of irresponsibility!

Afam4eva:
Shouldn't NOT HAVING SEX = RESPONSIBLE

So, what if the CD breaks and she gets pregnant? That changes everything? I never knew that a day will come when preventing sperm from going into you will be termed responsible.

not having séx? your parents should have chopped off your genitäls then in your teenage years. having sëx is a natural process. only a dunce would argue otherwise!!!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Afam4eva(m): 8:12pm On Jun 08, 2013
coogar:
not having séx? your parents should have chopped off your genitäls then in your teenage years. having sëx is a natural process. only a dunce would argue otherwise!!!
Maybe our parents should have also connected a pipe to suck out all our sperm so that we don't impregnate someone and make them irresponsible.
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by coogar: 8:18pm On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
Maybe our parents should have also connected a pipe to suck out all our sperm so that we don't impregnate someone and make them irresponsible.

that's why condoms are cheap!
in my neighbourhood, there are walk-in centres where teens can go and get boxes of condoms. one has to be very stûpid to think teens with raging hormones would not have sëx - there's an air of inevitability about it.

so this woman must have been very very irresponsible to make a mistake once and then twice. even if the condom
leaked, there are morning after pills that stop the process. let's call a spade a spade abeg and stop making excuses.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2013
coogar:

shocked shocked shocked angry angry

#The actions of a true village goat!

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Afam4eva(m): 8:24pm On Jun 08, 2013
coogar:

that's why condoms are cheap!
in my neighbourhood, there are walk-in centres where teens can go and get boxes of condoms. one has to be very stûpid to think teens with raging hormones would not have sëx - there's an air of inevitability about it.

so this woman must have been very very irresponsible to make a mistake once and then twice. even if the condom
leaked, there are morning after pills that stop the process. let's call a spade a spade abeg and stop making excuses.
You're not making much sense. If you had said it's irresponsible to sleep with someone you're not married to, it would have made some sense. But here you're telling me that you can sleep with as many men as possible like an ashewo but don't get pregnant. WTH is that?

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by coogar: 8:25pm On Jun 08, 2013
ileobatojo:
shocked shocked shocked angry angry
#The actions of a true village goat!

comot for here, you witchdoctor!
people like you with your "mind my business" attitude ruined the world. this is why a man can kidnap 3 girls for 10 years and the neighbours never suspected! bunch of idiòts!!!

Afam4eva:
You're not making much sense. If you had said it's irresponsible to sleep with someone you're not married to, it would have made some sense. But here you're telling me that you can sleep with as many men as possible like an ashewo but don't get pregnant. WTH is that?

comot for here with your hypocrisy!
sex is a natural thing for humans. have sëx if you must but use protection against STIs or even pregnancy. are you telling me that everyone that häd sex in their teens got pregnant or copped syphilis?

you need to come out of your cocoon!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 08, 2013
He who has no sin shld throw the first ston

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Afam4eva(m): 8:46pm On Jun 08, 2013
coogar:

people like you with your "mind my business" attitude ruined the world. this is why a man can kidnap 3 girls for 10 years and the neighbours never suspected! bunch of idiòts!!!

comot for here with your hypocrisy!
sex is a natural thing for humans. have sëx if you must but use protection against STIs or even pregnancy. are you telling me that everyone that häd sex in their teens got pregnant or copped syphilis?

you need to come out of your cocoon!
Having sex with someone you're not officially married to?
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 08, 2013
coogar:

Go and sit down! Bush meat! Agbero!

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by coogar: 9:00pm On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
Having sex with someone you're not officially married to?

so only married folks can have sëx?
where's that written in the constitution of nigeria? these religious people - your hypocrisy terrifies me.

ileobatojo:
Go and sit down! Bush meat! Agbero!

buhahahaha!
see this village sorceress calling me bushmeat? you? ileoba with your bow-legs and gap-tooth? you can say someone is bushmeat? it's not your fault. i wish i can find the engineer that took V-SAT dishes to your ejigbo village.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 08, 2013
coogar:

buhahahaha!
see this village sorceress calling me bushmeat? you? ileoba with your bow-legs and gap-tooth?

Ehen? That's what makes me 'segzy'! tongue

you can say someone is bushmeat? it's not your fault. i wish i can find the engineer that took V-SAT dishes to your ejigbo village.

Go and sleep jor, you're a village tout! Did you attend your market square meeting today? Or were you in the pit latrine when the town crier came through announcing the meeting?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Afam4eva(m): 9:12pm On Jun 08, 2013
coogar:

so only married folks can have sëx?
where's that written in the constitution of nigeria? this religious people and their hypocrisy terrifies me.

And where is it written in the constitution that you should not have a child outside wedlock else you'll beCome irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by coogar: 9:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
ileobatojo:
Ehen? That's what makes me 'segzy'! tongue

oh please.....
jenny has asked me to leave you alone for the rest of the week.....

Go and sleep jor, you're a village tout! Did you attend your market square meeting today? Or were you in the pit latrine when the town crier came through announcing the meeting?

Afam4eva:
And where is it written in the constitution that you should not have a child outside wedlock else you'll beCome irresponsible.

having a child outside wedlock is not irresponsible - having one at 20 without a father to claim it is irresponsibility!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Afam4eva(m): 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
coogar:

having a child outside wedlock is not irresponsible - having one at 20 without a father to claim it is irresponsibility!!!
Says who? The constituton?
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva:

I have read a lot of the post but this is my take. If I were the poster I will equally be very worried. I am not saying the wife to be is worse than some girl who never got pregnant, all I am saying is that she has made some very wrong decisions in the past and I may not trust her to make the right decisions going forward. Having two children for two different men you never married shows she is kind of loose. I am not comparing her to anyone, I am just comparing her to the kind of wife I would want for my brother. I would rather have a 29 yr old that has never been pregnant before. I am not saying that the one that has never been pregnant is an angel, all I am just saying is that the one that has never been pregnant should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Marrying someone with children always has its own issues. Now the brother has to deal with two different men, because like it or not, those two men will always be part of the wife's life. She may go to them every now and then to get school fees, the child will have birthdays where both parents want to be there, and of course at the wedding ceremony of the kids. And there are chances she could get back with one of them.

Poster there is little you can do than to talk to him, pray for him and wish him the very best. The wife to be may have genuinely changed but I agree this is not the ideal situation we all pray for.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by coogar: 9:29pm On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
Says who? The constituton?

afam, stop arguing against logic
let's even agree for argument's sake that the baby at 20 was a mistake.....what about the one at 25, another mistake?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 08, 2013
Now my eyes have read and seen enough, my over 2 years undecided on NL has helped and taught me how to deal and handle Nigerians.

Nigerians and their preachy lives....even online they can't help themselves . Hypocrisy at the highest order. JEZU KRISTI!!!

If only there can be a thread that goes;

What Age did you loose your Vag inity

with Polygraph machine monitoring their psychological reactions while typing their answers.

LOLOLOL
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by armyofone(m): 9:30pm On Jun 08, 2013
Thank goodness for little mercy grin hope it has not shrivel from too much chopulation grin.
coogar:

i did not impregnate any of them!
so cough till your GP diagnoses tuberculosis. having sēx is not irresponsible, producing unwanted babies everywhere is the height of irresponsibility!

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by coogar: 9:33pm On Jun 08, 2013
armyofone: Thank goodness for little mercy grin hope it has not shrivel from too much chopulation grin.

having sëx even makes it bigger.....
so you can imagine the beast i have been grooming since my secondary school days. tongue

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 08, 2013
coogar:

having sëx even makes it bigger.....
so you can imagine the beast i have been grooming since my secondary school days. tongue

LMAAOO grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Daresh(f): 9:39pm On Jun 08, 2013
Please leave your brother alone and let him marry who he chooses . Please do not judge her cos you don't know her story. She is who God created for him so let them be please.
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2013
IMO, dont marry the girl. Dont want any baby daddy problems tongue

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by coogar: 9:45pm On Jun 08, 2013
adaobi123: IMO, dont marry the girl. Dont want any baby daddy problems tongue

let him marry her....
by christmas, he would come to NL to open his mumu mouth about how the marriage is dealing with him. 2 baby daddies taking turns to visit 2 step kids? hahahaha - i would rather marry a pony!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 08, 2013
coogar:

let him marry her....
by christmas, he would come to NL to open his mumu mouth about how the marriage is dealing with him. 2 baby daddies taking turns to visit 2 step kids? hahahaha - i would rather marry a pony!

hahahaha grin grin

I hope the guy comes to his senses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Keys To Settling Marital Conflict / Can You Marry A Footballer? / Husbands Raping Their Wife's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.