Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,919 members, 7,810,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers (37977 Views)

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / How Do I Stop My Baby From Thumb Sucking? / Prophet Ajanaku's Family Eject Wife From His Property. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by filcast(m): 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2013
hello nairalanders,.
I need to advise a friend urgently.He has been married to his wife for about 1 year and recenty requested the wife to stop wearing trouser,except for sport activitiess.His reason is that both their families belong to religious faiths that view a female wearing trouser as immoral.This request however has not gone down well with the wife who has become unhappy and bitter.she faulted the husband for not raising the issue during courtship as she is already used to wearing trousers. Pls advise this young man on how to handle this to save the union some stress.Does my friend have the right to demand this of his wife.

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by gedtalks(m): 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
Everyman is different shar . If i were the guy I would concentrate on changing other more important thing like the few or many ills in her character. Rather than wasting my time on trouser wahala. Does the cloth change the individual

On a second thought....if it is just for the sake of our families religious stance, well I will talk to her about it, but i will be concious of the fact that trouser issue is too insignificant to cause a misunderstanding between us

17 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 15, 2013
filcast: hello nairalanders,.
I need to advise a friend urgently.He has been married to his wife for about 1 year and recenty requested the wife to stop wearing trouser,except for sport activitiess.His reason is that both their families belong to religious faiths that view a female wearing trouser as immoral.This request however has not gone down well with the wife who has become unhappy and bitter.she faulted the husband for not raising the issue during courtship as she is already used to wearing trousers. Pls advise this young man on how to handle this to save the union some stress.Does my friend have the right to demand this of his wife.

this man should accept that his wife did it before he met her, did it while he courted her, is doing it now, and would probably do it long after he is gone. trying to stop her from doing something that he fully well know she did is not only wrong but also very damaging to their union. hubby should let her be comfortable and choose what she wants to wear.

11 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bigtt76(f): 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
Since they are both from a religious family ....I guess they both have someone they call 'Pastor' abi? Let them both meet with their pastor and you the poster STOP poke nose into their affair!

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by sexymoma(f): 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
He has a right to demand this but didn't he notice that before he got married to her? why cant he be telling her that when they get married she would stop putting on trousers, the lady might have find her way if she felt she cant cope with that rule when they were in courting, why is it that it now that the man discovered that it ungodly to put on trousers...
Medicine After Death.
My candid Advise for him is to let the see reasons why she should stop putting on trousers, let him talk to her with love and gentle ways, Agidi cant solve this issue o because the lady is not at fault.
If she stops putting on trouser and start fornicating nko
I see no big deal in this thing.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by jnrprof(m): 6:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
I find it rather distasteful when men try to 'change' their wives after marriage. As long as he knew that she was wearing trousers while courting and didn't consider it an issue then, why bring it up now Secondly, doing or not doing things just because of what the family would say is hypocrisy! Let his personal relationship with God create his own conviction and not family opinion

24 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by ochallo: 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
If she was wearing trousers when he met her and is now saying otherwise, then he is simply wicked. Your wife is not your child that you can simply lord anything or everything over, that is why marriages become bitter , because african husbands are so different from african boyfriends amd fiances. During courtship, she can do no wrong, then during marriage, you start comparing her to some other person and start bringing up selfish and self centered laws to make you look better. Let her be, if he wants her to change, he should simply pray about it and advise her , not lord it over her.

This kind of man falls among the kind of men to never marry, here is a list of others.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/01/8-men-you-should-never-marry.html

10 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
You can only advice your wife, do not ever try to control her !

smiley

7 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Billionaires: 8:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
A man who reasons like that is a loser. Tell the wife to divorce the loser.

6 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Okworigeorge(m): 8:04pm On Jul 15, 2013
neatly used HTC desire 4 sale....okworigeorge@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 15, 2013
This is ridiculous......
if she had changed into something else, he would have cried foul.
So he wants to turn this sisi to mgbeke?
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
Was she not wearing the same trousers while they were dating, did he complain then? If no why is he complaining now, why does he want her to change now? Why didn't he look for a lady who didn't wear trouser then to date.

6 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
Is wearing trouser bad?

3 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Elymoney(f): 8:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
Allow yur wife to be free, she is not a property!

8 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Acidosis(m): 8:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
Will she die if she stops this trouser stuffs?

SHE be MAN?

Edited 9: 24AM, 16/07/02013

alexis:

Where did you get the notion that trousers are for men only? The question you should be asking is - is it a deal breaker if she wears trouser? If it is a deal breaker for him and he insist she wears trouser - then he should ask her for a divorce.

When he marries next, he should tell his future wife to be that she MUST not wear trouser.

This is a religious matter.. a very sensitive issue.

These are some of the reasons I like the muslims. They always hold on to their faith.

You Christians just go about f00ling yourselves, deceiving yourselves (not God).

The man clearly highlighted the fact that it has to do with religious issues..

It's obvious to know the couple involved were carried away probably cos of the things they saw on campus (a home of good, bad, pros+itutes, harlots, cultists) and everybody just move, walk, dress, talk, act THE SAME WAY. No difference. Cos they BOTH came from a family who doesn't believe in such.

As for those shouting civilisation! LOL! Y'all should Go and ask your parents. Those who wear trousers in the 1960s were majorly pros+itutes. The culture was imported from the west (same people telling us to legalise homosexuality, and man-man marriage)
Wearing trousers doesn't mean civilisation.. Except you want to tell me the Queen of England came from a cave since she mostly wear long gown.

Listen sir, I have nothing against this man trying to change her wife.
What if he just got the conviction? Are you in the right position to dictate his faith and beliefs?? Like I said earlier, its likely they were carried away when they got to campus, since both family share the same faith.. What if this time is the best time to reconcile with their God? Are you the god now to tell them what to believe?

Should I that attend Deeper Life (who dress like monks and Nun) change my wardrobe because you dress like Stripping Club girls on Pastor Chris' pulpit?

If I married a witch and then I later discovered the evil in the practise, should I allow her practise are witchcraftry just because I married her as a witch?

This is not a trouser or skirt argument, but a very sensitive issue that has to do with FAITH..

Many christian denominations do not accomodate such things except an individual wants to f00l herself when Pastor is not around, or when Daddy is not with me in school. Check Deper Life, MFM, Chosen, Assemblies of God, some RCCG and thousands of other denominations..

Not everyone share the same belief with Winners, or Christ Embassy Church.

Personally I've been to Christ Embassy Church once, and I made up my mind that day NEVER to go there again..

Its my belief, that I shouldn't be there.. and I have all the RIGHT to CONVINCE (not force) my WIFE (not anybody's Girlfriend), to SHARE the same belief with ME..

Na my FAMILY not Yours, Sir!

8 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Super1759: 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
spare your wife @op, please leave your wife alone

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by emmerks(m): 8:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
Let her stop putting it on immediately, so that the husband can find her less attractive. The simple truth is that the husband is use to her wearing trouser and immediately she stops he will definitely find a way to fill in the gap.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
ur friend is nothing but a fraudster!!!

As the wife has said, cldnt he has raised dt issue during courtship?

And u said he is kinda religious!!!

Well, let's talk abt deciet!!!

5 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
brk d 2 legs..
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2013
Acidosis: Will she die if she stops this trouser stuffs?

SHE be MAN?
would he have died if he told her during courtship that he doesn't like ladies who wear trousers? What an hypocrite he is.

The most special people are those who are their own person, those who keep it real.

True contentment can never be found in super facial, external things, the sooner he realizes that the better, he should focus on more important things and stop whining over trivial issues.

10 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
Okworigeorge: neatly used HTC desire 4 sale....okworigeorge@gmail.com

the HTC na trousers or skirt?

Abi na the one them dey call troussiz In thick igbo accent?

13 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by karizmanigeria(m): 8:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
WOULD YOU RATHER SHE WORE MICRO MINI'S?
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
He wants his wife to stop wearing trousers, but he can commit adultery with other women who wear trousers abi?

Op, tell your friend say Bomb dey im head!!

Religious faith my black a$$! angry

2 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2013

Bro you have the right to wear skirt to make it even.

Smh she's your wife not your daughter.

9 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
I wear short shorts or like my Jamaican friends will call it batty riders wink

3 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by tspun(m): 8:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
anyone who still harbour such foolish tot of any female that ware trouser is not moral still lives in the 19th century. I have no advice for u bcus we r now in 21st century.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
What of if she stop wearin trousers and start wearin mini skirts nko?

3 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Fourcade(m): 8:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
Shebii he loved it and was attracted to her during courtship.E be like say the barca toh badt! shocked
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by blank(f): 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
That is when I will start wearing micro mini skirts and skirts with extra long slits. If I hear fem from am, na den we go enter the same trouser.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by supaeagles(m): 8:24pm On Jul 15, 2013
The man should start wearing skirt to public places grin

(Btw, #justchecking: the year is effing 2013 right??)

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by greall1: 8:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
If your wife really Love u to d extend of control her. You can stop her.
And is not until you tell her before she know what's right to do when it”s comes to religion terms

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Need A Wife To Get Married To In 2014 / Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises / A Scorned Woman Takes To Facebook To Launch An Attack On Married Lover & Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.