Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... (28864 Views)

If You Are Given This Type Of Food By Your Inlaws (picture) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / 5 Different Kinds Of annoying Persons You Meet When Buying Suya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2013
Try supplements ..c I was out today with my inlaw a big buff guy ,he buys supplements to build up hs body..I haven't seen any side effects on him so u could try it too.. And exercise well..
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Alexebo1(m): 7:19pm On Jun 14, 2013
Wia d pic na,abeg upload ur pic jare,make we asses u wel n den mix diet 4u
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by ekubear1: 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2013
Animal protein. Fish, chicken, beef.

Also, start lifting weights.
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by ekubear1: 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
Also whey protein powder is a a good look if you are really trying to increase muscle mass quickly.

Btw, eating food alone won't help. You have to eat protein and also lift weights. Bench press, squats, etc.

If you change your diet to include more animal protein but just sit at home all day watching TV, you won't get any stronger.
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by tallceejay(m): 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2013
A lot of factors come into play...you might be skinny because u r still g®owing(as u didn't specify your age b®acket). Certain diets enhance muscle growth no doubt; beans, legumes, milk, meat, fish sausages, simplified whey protein etc.

I'm 6ft 7" and weigh over 110kg. So I understand growth and being skinny. I play basketball and use the gym regularly...good diet and specific gym regimen will be good for body definition.

I tru§t you wudnt be skinny for long, your food arÉ p®obably just needed for growth at dis stage of your life. I've been der

2 Likes

Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by festuskol(m): 8:32pm On Jun 14, 2013
Burger01: Ol boi, amala and abula early in the morning, Pounded yam with efo riro and goat meats for lunch, semo and egusi stew with Turkey laps for pre dinner (5-6pm), Rice with plantain, beans, boiled egg and top it with nice vegetable chicken stew for dinner.. Lastly Custard cream with cake for desert before you hit the bed... Three weeks therapy..

sad
guy u dey vex ooo, wetin, u wan send d guy go early grave . Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by lekemon(m): 8:58pm On Jun 14, 2013
wate on,cyprigold, coupled with quaker oath and lotta milk will do wonders in no time.been there
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Duchaello(f): 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Obe ayan,kokoro,labalaba,alayun bere,omo le,ejo ati eba tutu would do the magic
lol..u tey madt...omo oshi
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Duchaello(f): 9:23pm On Jun 14, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Obe ayan,kokoro,labalaba,alayun bere,omo le,ejo ati eba tutu would do the magic
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by doppler999(m): 9:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
You need to consume more WHEY PROTEIN,Milk,Eggs,Beans,starchy foods,little excercise & rest more.
or Google "HOW TO BUILD MUSCLE".Gabish?
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by cube007: 10:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
As long as u wanna build ur Muscles... first fyn to do is to hit d gym center for abt 2 to 3 months (depending on hw serious u are) and build ur inner muscles... den after dat u can buy supplements... Dude wen i say "SUPPLEMENT" I mean confirm supplement ooo. not dese crap some of dese quark chemist sell.... secondly try and undergo different programmes such as squarting, push ups e.t.c.... so dat u no go disfigure urself oooo...lol because if u dey undergo only weightlifting guy u go be like JOHNNY BRAVO CARTOON... Eat good food... it must not be protein... jus good food!. Abstain from too much se.x atleast for d first 6mnthz... dese might sound hard to undergo buh remember NO PAIN NO GAIN... GOOD TYNZ ONLY COME TO THOSE DAT STRIVE FOR DEM...

2 Likes

Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by kiyosaki1(m): 10:15pm On Jun 14, 2013
Piponomics: Oga na simple case. Go down to any Shoprite or other stores of that kind and buy medium sized Jars of Peanut Butter (Imported). Eat one full jar everyday for the next 3months adding two glasses of Yoghurt each night before you sleep. Come back and share your testimony. grin
Best response so far
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by MistadeRegal(m): 10:22pm On Jun 14, 2013
My guy, go ask SUMO WRESTLERS wetin dem dey chop, then copy dem!
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Originalsly: 11:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
Food_consumer: i asked him just now and "lo and behold", he was!!
Ok...now you know a time will come when your body is going to start bulking up....no need to hurry up the process...just be patient.
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by piagetskinner(m): 11:26pm On Jun 14, 2013
chop yam and eba everyday+++dont forget fufu...eveytin go transfer go ur muscles overnite grin grin
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by dtwsola(m): 1:03am On Jun 15, 2013
don't listen to these jokers - don't start consuming eba, you'll just get pot belly. Building lean muscle requires consumption of a very high protein diet, with moderate fats and low carb. Eat lots of fish, chicken, plenty egg whites, beans etc. Combine that with weightlifting (heavy weights, low repetitions) and you'll be ripped (and not fat) in no time unless of course you're an ectomorph. But even ectomorphs like myself can still build moderate amounts of muscle, but don't expect to become a bodybuilder.

2 Likes

Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Revolva(m): 1:26am On Jun 15, 2013
Boy go take some good weed and mix it with monkey tail...shepe..everymorning....no eat oo..only eat garri oce a day and do excessive excersive...u will be like superman
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by ozoemeka(m): 3:09am On Jun 15, 2013
Food_consumer: I don't know how to explain this.,
my dad's a tall and muscular man, ma mom's a short, and fat woman...
Fortunately, I'm lucky to inherit my dad's height(i'm 5"11 & still counting)..

But one thing I'm missing from my parent is enough meat on me(i tend to be a skinny guy)

i eat well(my moniker says it all), still yet I'm skinny

Is there something I'm missing?

You're an ectomorph. Just exercise
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Fukup(m): 8:34am On Jun 15, 2013
ebamma 3: you are suffering from Garrilackosis
which refers to the lack of garri in the body,
try eating atleast 10cups of garri everyday,
yea,thats true bro.tell him to drink 3cups wit groundnut and salt in the morning as breakfast,eat 4 cups wit nsala soup in the afternoon as lunch then chew the remaining 3cups at nite as dinner.tell him to drink plenty water after each meal.i bet that his life would neva remain the same again
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by BestmanNnamdi(m): 8:48am On Jun 15, 2013
Food_consumer: I don't know how to explain this.,
my dad's a tall and muscular man, ma mom's a short, and fat woman...
Fortunately, I'm lucky to inherit my dad's height(i'm 5"11 & still counting)..

But one thing I'm missing from my parent is enough meat on me(i tend to be a skinny guy)

i eat well(my moniker says it all), still yet I'm skinny

Is there something I'm missing?
Go 4 fufu(Akpu)
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by cube007: 9:44am On Jun 15, 2013
...SINCERLY SPEAKING... EATING TOO MUCH FOOD DOESNT IMPROVE THE MUSCLES... ATLEAST B4 U TALK U REASON... MUSCLES AND FAT ARE TWO DIFFERENT TINS. BUILDING MUSCLES REQUIRE ADEQUATE GYM EXERCISES... FOOD IS JUS AN ADDITION.... AFTERALL UNA WEN DEY EAT FOOD EVERYDAY HW BIG UR MUSCLE DEY... JUS COMMON SENCE PEEPZ....
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by EmmyDe25(m): 9:45am On Jun 15, 2013
Klint da drunk.
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by EmmyDe25(m): 9:50am On Jun 15, 2013
ebilasisi: Try steady BEANS.. cool[color=#550000][/color]
Na pile go murder am.
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by xclusive43(m): 10:16am On Jun 15, 2013
DISADVANTAGES OF BEING THIN
Being a skinny guy is challenging enough
in a world where everyone else is at a
“normal” weight, but when more than
half of the people in this country are
overweight it’s downright tough.
Everywhere you look there are weight
loss products, on TV, magazines,
billboards and in every store you shop in.
Fat free, low-fat, low carb…this stuff is
everywhere, taunting you. The message
all around you is “lose weight, lose
weight”, but that’s the last thing you want
to do. Most products that are designed
to help people achieve their ideal body
are created for people who need to lose
fat and they just won’t work for you. You
want to have a body like the one you see
in those commercials, but somehow it
seems out of reach for you.
And when it comes to women? Forget
about it. No contest at all. The chubby
guy gets more dates than you do.
Women want a strong man and even the
chubby guy has bigger muscles and more
strength than you do. The totally in
shape muscular guy? Well he has more
dates than he knows what to do with.
Maybe you don’t want to date every girl
in town, but guess what? It sure is great
to have options. Skinny guys don’t have
as many options. There are only so many
women that are interested in skinny guys
and they may not be the type of woman
that you want to date and possibly marry
someday. I can tell you why that is, too.
No woman wants to date a guy with a
smaller waistline than they have. Even a
slender gal has a problem with that; it
makes her feel fat.
Basic Weight Gain Theory
Ah, here comes the fun part. There are
many theories that get tossed around in
the weight loss/ weight gain science
arenas. There is the old standard
calories in vs. calories out theory that
says if you take in more calories than you
burn you will gain weight and vice versa.
According to this way of thinking, you
need to eat about 3500 calories above
what you are burning to gain a pound.
But, how do you make sure that you are
gaining muscle and not fat?
Here’s where things start to get a little
more complicated. A lot of the other
theories flying around have to do with
ratios. The ratios I am referring to
compare the percentages of your diet
that come from protein, carbohydrates
and fat.
For muscle gain without fat loss the
recommended ratio is usually 40/50/10
meaning that 40% of your total calorie
intake is from protein, 50 percent is from
carbohydrates and 10% is from fat. This
is noticeably less fat than the weight loss
ratios which usually call for a minimum of
20% fat and that may seem
counterintuitive to you, but eating too
much fat will actually slow down your
weight gain for a couple of important
reasons:
1. It fills you up more quickly so you
will end up eating too few calories.
2. It is more difficult for the body to
store or use as energy and actually
requires more calories to process (I
know, this is the opposite of everything
“they” taught you in the 80s and 90s)
You need to have adequate protein and
carbohydrate intake to support the new
muscle growth you are trying to achieve.
The minimum protein intake for muscle
repair is about 1 gram of protein for every
pound of your bodyweight, but you will
need to check your ratios and be sure to
get about 40% of your total calories from
protein.
You should track everything you eat for 2
to 3 weeks until you understand what the
right amount of food and ratios look like
for you can then continue eating the
same way. If you stop gaining weight or
lose weight, simply go back to tracking
your meals until you are back on track
again.
As for the “how much to eat” part…
Remember when I mentioned back in
chapter 3 that you are underweight due
to a combination of a high metabolism
and not eating enough? That is usually
the thing the skinny least wants to hear.
You probably think you eat a lot, right?
Track your current food intake for a
couple of days and you will likely be
surprised to find out you are not eating
nearly enough.
You need to be eating 5 or 6 substantial
meals per day with the 40/50/10 ratio in
order to gain enough weight. There are
plenty of complicated formulas for
figuring out exactly how many calories
you should be eating in order to gain
weight, but an easier method is to take
your current weight and multiply that by
15 and base your caloric intake on that
number. If you aren’t gaining a pound a
week you should multiply your weight by
16 or 17 until you begin to see the
increase you want.
source: http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/index.php?topic=165768.0
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by flawson28: 10:27am On Jun 15, 2013
Anty Kehinde's beans, bread,fish n kpomo will do u gud.
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by LEXYCOM: 3:07pm On Jun 15, 2013
Raw locust beans with agege bread will help
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 15, 2013
U no well at all
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Holyrule(m): 6:00pm On Jun 15, 2013
jackbauersballs: Ask Agberos wetin dem dey chop...

Them no dey dey chop Balanced Diet but them dey Grab muzzle pass Arnold

My Suggestion? Go and take up duties at your local motor park and see your physique bulk up significantly

funny to the core grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by adexsimply(m): 4:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
cool cool
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by ToseroRock(f): 12:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
Burger01:
Ol boi, amala and abula early in the morning, Pounded yam with efo riro and goat meats for lunch, semo and egusi stew with Turkey laps for pre dinner (5-6pm), Rice with plantain, beans, boiled egg and top it with nice vegetable chicken stew for dinner.. Lastly Custard cream with cake for desert before you hit the bed... Three weeks therapy..

sad

Chai...u bad...hehehehe
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by kdot20: 8:59am On Feb 05, 2021
Culbobby:
Ok,here is the deal. Always drink enough[b] water daily(8Ltrs)[/b],to add weight you need to start eating big and rich,the daily recommended calorie intake to remain the way u are is 2000-2500,so to add weight you need to increase your calorie intake to 3000(eat 6 times a day)break ur meals into smaller portions and eat every 2hours after breakfast,get supplements(supradyn). Make sure you sleep properly everyday and if possible always have a siesta. Start a bodybuilding exercise routine and stick 2 it. To bulk-up u need to go with compound exercises(benchpress,squat,deadlift...e.t.c)...gym summary,carbs gives u strength to lift weights while protein builds u up. I was once like,so i know better.ciao

8 litres of water daily? You wan kill person? Drinking more than 6 litres of water in a day can kill
https://health.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/diagnostics/drinking-too-much-water-can-kill-you/54773067

The correct prescription is 8 glasses of water a dat which adds up to 2.5 to 3 litres of water per day. Every other thing you said is correct.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Price Of Chicken In Your Location / Google Doodle Celebrates Jollof Rice / The Making Of Fried Fish Stew (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.