Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

American Women That Marry Nigerian Men - Culture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / American Women That Marry Nigerian Men (223140 Views)

Are African Women Jealous Of African American Women's "Natural" Lighter Skin? / Why Do African Women Dislike African American Women? / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by 9jaforever: 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
He's one of the Nigerian scammers no doubt and figures it easier to get a white american woman versus another. Like I've stated, I've known plenty for years and have been taught all the tricks and methods. Somewhere there is a lonely woman seeking attention and then he will pounce. Sad but true!

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by 9jaforever: 5:58pm On Apr 10, 2013
FORUM QUESTION

I just went to page 1 of this section and saw postings dating back to 2007 and 2008. Do any of those women still post? Has anyone had a successful on-line Nigerian marriage? I'm just curious since the postings are that old and the few that I scanned had the same theme, "so in love" "met on line" "getting married". Did it actually happen and has it been everything that you hoped for?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by loveis0320: 4:50am On Apr 11, 2013
Hello everyone, Currently I am talking to a Nigerian man who lives in the states. He seems really nice and caring, but since this is my first time talking to someone that is not an American black man I wanted some advice. First I was a little hesitant to continue to talk to him, but I am still communicating. Right now he is in Nigeria and will be back to the states at the end of this month. He keep saying how impressed he is of me and how he loves me so much. He keeps saying that God brought me into his life and he will never let me go. But that was after I busted him for talking to other woman, but yet telling me he is not. Of course that is know different than American black men.

With all the comments I have read the majority seem to think it would be wise to not get involved with a Nigerian man, but then you can say that about many other race of men. Love is about taking a chance with someone and since I am not familiar with their culture. I want to learn as much as I can about him and his family to make a clear and prayerful decision as to if I should continue in the relationship or not. When I was going to stop talking to him after I busted him, he called me and begged me not to stop talking to him and not to leave him. He texted and called like crazy professing his love for me and that he knows that God brought me into life and that I am to be his wife.

Are all Nigerians the type of men that profess love to a woman they have never met. We have been talking for about a week going on two and he has all but proposed, wants me to meet his mother and come to his house in SC. This is new for me and would love comment.

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by 9jaforever: 5:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
loveis0320: Hello everyone, Currently I am talking to a Nigerian man who lives in the states. He seems really nice and caring, but since this is my first time talking to someone that is not an American black man I wanted some advice. First I was a little hesitant to continue to talk to him, but I am still communicating. Right now he is in Nigeria and will be back to the states at the end of this month. He keep saying how impressed he is of me and how he loves me so much. He keeps saying that God brought me into his life and he will never let me go. But that was after I busted him for talking to other woman, but yet telling me he is not. Of course that is know different than American black men.

With all the comments I have read the majority seem to think it would be wise to not get involved with a Nigerian man, but then you can say that about many other race of men. Love is about taking a chance with someone and since I am not familiar with their culture. I want to learn as much as I can about him and his family to make a clear and prayerful decision as to if I should continue in the relationship or not. When I was going to stop talking to him after I busted him, he called me and begged me not to stop talking to him and not to leave him. He texted and called like crazy professing his love for me and that he knows that God brought me into life and that I am to be his wife.

Are all Nigerians the type of men that profess love to a woman they have never met. We have been talking for about a week going on two and he has all but proposed, wants me to meet his mother and come to his house in SC. This is new for me and would love comment.

Be very careful. For one, Nigerian men throw the word "love" around immediately! As a whole, it doesn't mean the same to them as it does to us. Also, wait to get involved with this man when he is in the states. You wouldn't believe how many dating sites these guys use. If you can see anything else that I've posted I stick by what I say because i've been dealing with Nigerians for about 10 years and just recently married one. I love my husband and he loves me, I'm happy as a lark but even if he read what you have written, he'd tell you not to trust the guy. He's explained to me in full detail how they run these scams to get American wives, the lies that are told, the entire thing. Since I am happily married to a Nigerian man, I won't deter you from your own happiness but trust your gut and use your smarts smiley

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by mystikc77: 3:36am On Apr 12, 2013
loveis0320: Hello everyone, Currently I am talking to a Nigerian man who lives in the states. He seems really nice and caring, but since this is my first time talking to someone that is not an American black man I wanted some advice. First I was a little hesitant to continue to talk to him, but I am still communicating. Right now he is in Nigeria and will be back to the states at the end of this month. He keep saying how impressed he is of me and how he loves me so much. He keeps saying that God brought me into his life and he will never let me go. But that was after I busted him for talking to other woman, but yet telling me he is not. Of course that is know different than American black men.

Are all Nigerians the type of men that profess love to a woman they have never met. We have been talking for about a week going
on two and he has all but proposed, wants me to meet his mother and come to his house in SC. This is new for me and would love comment.

Since u havebt met in person...it could be a scan. Tell him to send u an email....then ck his email header for his ip address...that will tell u ig he's in the states or anothercountry....I've been invokve with two Nigeria scamets and I never send them anythg but I keep them hoping so they can't scam others....they do tell u they love and want to marry u from the start....their words are honey @ first....but later on when u refuse to send them gifts and money they can't get very nasty be careful

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by TeeYLovesMe: 11:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
loveis0320: My boyfriend is Nigerian. And I met him here in the states. He's a college student. When we first begin to be friends, I was dating another Nigerian, and he was much older. There are so many things you should know. First of all....this guy that you speak of is definitely seeking paperwork/greencard/ect. Know that in order to love someone, you must get to know that person. My boyfriend and I have been "dating" since May of last year. Its almost been a year. I have made him jump through hoops to prove how much he really loves me to insure to myself that he is not just after a greencard. He is my bestfriend. He's teaching me the Yoruba language and everything. I love everything about African culture. Its safe to say that he has changed my life in a "good" way.
I know many nigerians. And you will be amazed at the type of things I have found out about some of them. Not all Nigerian guys are seeking paperwork. Some are just living their lives here and tryna have a better life than they can have at home. I know Nigerian's that have wives back home, and they seek out women to marry them to get their paperwork. The guy I was dating before me and my boyfriend started dating...I found out he had a different last name that he was going by. And he was muslim. I typed it in to Facebook, and it pulled up ONE of his TWO wives. Found out he had TWO wives and a total of 4 kids. And was seeking two more wives. CRAZY!! I have friends that have married and later found out that their Nigerian husband had a wife and a family back in Africa. You definitely need to do your research. Because although there are some good Nigerian guys out there, there are some that are not.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MrsChima(f): 2:47am On Apr 14, 2013
We have to be careful as women not to test men because we have insecurities and trust issues. Just because someone prove they love you doesn't mean they do not have hidden agendas. We have to weigh each situations by it's own definition.

Just take one day at a time and stay firm to your expectations.

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blyss: 3:08am On Apr 14, 2013

AAAAAAND.... another one. smiley
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blyss: 3:10am On Apr 14, 2013
TeeYLovesMe: loveis0320: My boyfriend is Nigerian. And I met him here in the states. He's a college student. When we first begin to be friends, I was dating another Nigerian, and he was much older. There are so many things you should know. First of all....this guy that you speak of is definitely seeking paperwork/greencard/ect. Know that in order to love someone, you must get to know that person. My boyfriend and I have been "dating" since May of last year. Its almost been a year. I have made him jump through hoops to prove how much he really loves me to insure to myself that he is not just after a greencard. He is my bestfriend. He's teaching me the Yoruba language and everything. I love everything about African culture. Its safe to say that he has changed my life in a "good" way.
I know many nigerians. And you will be amazed at the type of things I have found out about some of them. Not all Nigerian guys are seeking paperwork. Some are just living their lives here and tryna have a better life than they can have at home. I know Nigerian's that have wives back home, and they seek out women to marry them to get their paperwork. The guy I was dating before me and my boyfriend started dating...I found out he had a different last name that he was going by. And he was muslim. I typed it in to Facebook, and it pulled up ONE of his TWO wives. Found out he had TWO wives and a total of 4 kids. And was seeking two more wives. CRAZY!! I have friends that have married and later found out that their Nigerian husband had a wife and a family back in Africa. You definitely need to do your research. Because although there are some good Nigerian guys out there, there are some that are not.

I'm sorry, but you women are crazy to even consider these dudes. That's just how I see it.

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 4:06am On Apr 15, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
We have to be careful as women not to test men because we have insecurities and trust issues. Just because someone prove they love you doesn't mean they do not have hidden agendas. We have to weigh each situations by it's own definition.

Just take one day at a time and stay firm to your expectations.

very good advice.

@blyss why are you so negative?! angry grin

3 Likes

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by osram(m): 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
@all get me an american lady i nid one asap...N.B M NO SCAM...LOL
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blyss: 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

very good advice.

I'm not being negative, I'm being sensible.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MrsChima(f): 8:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
Blyss:

I'm sorry, but you women are crazy to even consider these dudes. That's just how I see it.

Then don't force your opinions on others. Just syate it and move on. Do you want others to force their opinions of you liking other women.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by 9jaforever: 8:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
@Blyss, not all Nigerian's are bad apples anymore than not all black americans are bad apples. What the ladies need to do is use their smarts, especially when it comes to finding love online. Do your due diligence and know what you're getting into but be aware that are plenty of scam artists out there looking for lonely insecure women to prey on.

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MrsChima(f): 8:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
osram: @all get me an american lady i nid one asap...N.B M NO SCAM...LOL

Scammer@@!
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MrsChima(f): 8:11pm On Apr 15, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

very good advice.

Thanks sis. Women need to do better with selecting mates. I am talking decent women... no dummy.

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 15, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Thanks sis. Women need to do better with selecting mates. I am talking decent women... no dummy.

that is the absolute TRUTH!!

Blyss:

I'm not being negative, I'm being sensible.

lol ehen.

btw guys add some of your favorite meals on this thread. smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/986707/what-top-5-black-cultural
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blyss: 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2013

2 Likes

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 16, 2013
lol epic fail.
blyss!! i told u to post them in the thread (link above) grin

but that's though. it looks good!! cool
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blyss: 5:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
*Kails*:
lol epic fail.
blyss!! i told u to post them in the thread (link above) grin

but that's though. it looks good!! cool

Ooops!! Do me a favor and copy and paste those pics into the thread you wanted them in. Thanks for your services in advance.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by 9jaforever: 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2013
Thanks! I think I just gained 10 pounds looking at that yummy food! smiley

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
Blyss:

Ooops!! Do me a favor and copy and paste those pics into the thread you wanted them in. Thanks for your services in advance.

Lol already done dear.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
9jaforever: Thanks! I think I just gained 10 pounds looking at that yummy food! smiley

Oh yeah? Well if you like that you should check out the black cultural foods thread here in the culture section smiley

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blyss: 8:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
*Kails*:

Oh yeah? Well if you like that you should check out the black cultural foods thread here in the culture section smiley

Soul Food is the best. I like Jamaican, but it aint got ish on Soul Food, which if done right.. could make you want to do a jig when you taste it.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 17, 2013
9jaforever: Thanks! I think I just gained 10 pounds looking at that yummy food! smiley

lol yes, especially that pie!

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 18, 2013
Blyss:

Soul Food is the best. I like Jamaican, but it aint got ish on Soul Food, which if done right.. could make you want to do a jig when you taste it.

here we go with the bullshyt comparisons. grin
sir, the best american food are cajon and creole..both having caribbean influence.
what does that tell you? grin

sir, aside from them most Americans do not use the same seasonings we do.
Your idea of seasoning consists of larry seasoned salt, black pepper and white salt with some tobasco sauce grin grin grin grin grin grin

please...do not compare. Soul food is tasty but caribbean food is delicious AND good for you. wink
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MrsChima(f): 1:50am On Apr 18, 2013
*Kails*:

sir, the best american food are cajon and creole..both having caribbean influence.

Your idea of seasoning consists of larry seasoned salt, black pepper and white salt with some tobasco sauce grin grin grin grin grin grin

please...do not compare. Soul food is tasty but caribbean food is delicious AND good for you. wink

It's Lawry and you are right about Carriby food.

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 2:16am On Apr 18, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

It's Lawry and you are right about Carriby food.

lol @ bolded yeah yeah. tongue
wiseazz. kiss
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MrsChima(f): 5:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
*Kails*:

lol @ bolded yeah yeah. tongue
wiseazz. kiss

Hisssssssss.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blyss: 7:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
*Kails*:

LOL. I was just bullishing with you, but I've got something to say in response to your comment. Granted we don't use a load and a half of seasoning in our food as Caribbeans do, because we enjoy more of the natural flavors of the foods we cook. I've noticed that we use a lot more vegetables in our foods than Caribbeans or Africans do. Vegetables give the food a nice NATURAL balanced flavor than a crap load of seasonings do. Every time I go to the Caribbean and go to a local, mom and pop like eatery to get a meal, they look at me like I'm nuts when I asked for a garden salad. cheesy
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
Blyss:

LOL. I was just bullishing with you, but I've got something to say in response to your comment. Granted we don't use a load and a half of seasoning in our food as Caribbeans do, because we enjoy more of the natural flavors of the foods we cook. I've noticed that we use a lot more vegetables in our foods than Caribbeans or Africans do. Vegetables give the food a nice NATURAL balanced flavor than a crap load of seasonings do. Every time I go to the Caribbean and go to a local, mom and pop like eatery to get a meal, they look at me like I'm nuts when I asked for a garden salad. cheesy

@bolded: um sir, our seasoning consists of vegetables... grin grin grin grin
that's why i was mocking you because we use natural veggies and fruits to season our foods.

as for salad we eat salads too but we ours is not as "diverse" as americans.
like we don't do ceasar, romaine, iceburg lettuce salads with 1,000,000 different dressings lol. we keep it simple...though we do eat various kinds of lettuce.

we just tend to eat a few slices with tomato and other veggies as side dishes. also we eat A LOT of cabbage (green and red..regular or steamed) and even bok choy (esp. Chinese Jamaicans or those with chinese jamaican family members).
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Hisssssssss.

you know you LUUUH me!! tongue kiss grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Yoruba Songs From Back: When? Remember Any? Jot Them Down Here / Igbo learning thread + Translator / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.