Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,213 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil (15474 Views)

" IPOB Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest – Nigeria’s Biggest Mistake" - CNN / IPOB Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest – Nigeria’s Biggest Mistake. CNN. / Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Demdem(m): 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
RedReact: The earlier other countries start discovering oil the better for us. Our leaders have been blindfolded by the fortune of the oil to abandon our other treasures.
Afterall, with the oil fortune, what have the masses gained from the fortune?

i so much like this part of ur post. Surely, they are our treasures. why allowing them to waste away. I expect the retardeen to diversify just like he promised but the opposite seems to be the case.
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by RedReact: 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
Demdem:

i so much like this part of ur post. Surely, they are our treasures. why allowing them to waste away. I expect the retardeen to diversify just like he promised but the opposite seems to be the case.
I don't think they would until they learn the hard way. Agriculture only, without oil, will get us more common wealth than this oil thing.
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 10, 2013
RedReact:
I don't think they would until they learn the hard way. Agriculture only, without oil, will get us more common wealth than this oil thing.
Agriculture is evenly distributed accross the country. I won't really see the reason for one section of the country to claim they produce more than the other unlike oil.
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Beaf1: 1:02pm On Jun 10, 2013
berem: ...Kai yaro! what will the north do if the oil dries up? will they still embrace One Nigeria?

^
Good question

1 Like

Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
berem: ...Kai yaro! what will the north do if the oil dries up? will they still embrace One Nigeria?

Hian... Nwanem! Ndo o..!! Meya takiri takiri!! Abeg forgive am.
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
eGuerrilla: If there ever was a case for developing an increased sense of urgency towards economic diversification", this is it.

Thank you.

This is the time for nigerians at all level, across party divides, whether PDP or ACN or APC and also intellectuals, should sit down, think and really invest our proceeds from this high oil prices, into developing the development of infrastructure. Particularly, POWER, SEAPORTS, ROADS and RAILS.

However the good news for us is, in 2012 oil accounted for 69% of total government revenue. That's a nice way to start. Of main aim is to push that number down to 50% in 2years, while we maintain our oil out-put at 2.7-3 million barrels a day.

Our strong points at the moment are: financial sector
:telecoms sector
:ICT sector
: agricultural sector.
: mining

these 5 sectors should be our main aim in developing lasting structures and over all growth. These are the sectors were the future of nigerian finances really lay.

The largest consumers of nigerian crude production should be the nigerian people. We are 170million for christ sakes.

3 Likes

Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by pekelepekele(m): 1:34pm On Jun 10, 2013
C gobe ., anyway dem no even dey give me for inside before he no concern me wink

1 Like

Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
It depends on the quantity - the discovery won't stop India and its huge population from importing crude oil for its massive energy needs.

However, Nigeria needs to diversify its economy - 95% reliance on oil for foreign exchange earnings is just ridiculous, tbh.

1 Like

Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by TabletMan: 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2013
Even If Every Part Of The World Discovers Crude Oil.......Oil Will Never Be Found In Northern Part Of Nigeria grin grin cool

2 Likes

Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Okijajuju: 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
Nigeria should adopt a new marketing strategy for its oil..

E.g:: Buy 1million barrels of oil and get 100 Ekiti state Babes free.. grin

Buy 1 million barrel of oil and get 20,000 Barrels free.. grin

Stuff like that.. But the oil must be sold o... angry

1 Like

Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Policewoman(f): 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
The best way to attain economic diversification is for all regions (or geopolitical zones) to think outside the box and diversify their economy and income. This issue of going like Almajiris to Abuja every month to collect allocation is making states lazy and over dependent. Oil go finish one day o!

1 Like

Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Afam4eva(m): 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
sheyie2007:
Oil contributes just 14% to our GDP bro... So, we don't entirely depend on it
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Nigeria

agriculture: 40%; services: 30%; manufacturing: 15%; oil: 14% (2012 est.)
The oil industry indirectly runs these industries that you have listed.
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by DJDOLA(m): 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2013
Abagworo: Still boils down to what I've always said.

1) Oga Jonathan please develop Niger Delta with your remaining 2 years and stop wasting all the money on retaining power.

2) Grant the States economic autonomy so that dependence on oil will reduce as States will fend for themselves. The offshore goes to FG so your share remains.

3) Invest more on Agriculture and Agricultural/biotechnology courses in our higher institutions. Make Agriculture the most attractive employment for youths.

4) Allow our refineries function so that we can use the oil ourselves if they refuse to buy.

5) Encourage the Aba shoes and allied products because that could be our next highest foreign exchange earner. Rebuild the city and create a condusive industrial area with access to standard machinery.

6) The "Kano Pyramids" and Western Cocoa can be revived if my point 3 (give priority to Agriculture) is well applied. Its possible if Obasanjo could do it with cassava.
all dis for just 2 years?

1 Like

Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
Tablet Man: Even If Every Part Of The World Discovers Crude Oil.......Oil Will Never Be Found In Northern Part Of Nigeria grin grin cool

There should be oil in Northern Nigeria.

The basins bordering Niger and Cameroon should have oil - even if the quantity is small.
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by TabletMan: 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
Policewoman: The best way to attain economic diversification is for all regions (or geopolitical zones) to think outside the box and diversify their economy and income. This issue of going like Almajiris to Abuja every month to collect allocation is making states lazy and over dependent. Oil go finish one day o!
You're Right
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Feraz(m): 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
hmmm. . . At least, the manufacturing, agricultural and other sectors of this country will see improvement and growth if our leaders will diversify the economy. . . .
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Rastamann: 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
Good news

1 Like

Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
DemDem,u are right. All what u stated there makes sense. But d last one is more intresting.
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by delors(m): 1:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
profjustine: VERY SOON NIGERIAN LEADERS WILL BE DRINKING THEIR OIL
Or using it to fry their fish in the south south

1 Like

Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by TabletMan: 1:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
ShyM-X:

There should be oil in Northern Nigeria.

The basins bordering Niger and Cameroon should have oil - even if the quantity is small.
Sharap undecided cameroun ain't sighted northward but southward..... north will continue to run dry grin....Sorry i mean no Insult cool
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
Iweala will soon come out to say 'we will sell to india and others'. Very soon our oil despite being sweet will become useless.
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
Okija juju: Nigeria should adopt a new marketing strategy for its oil..

E.g:: Buy 1million barrels of oil and get 100 Ekiti state Babes free.. grin

Buy 1 million barrel of oil and get 20,000 Barrels free.. grin

Stuff like that.. But the oil must be sold o... angry

2 Likes

Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by rodeo0070(m): 1:53pm On Jun 10, 2013
Finally, we are learning...
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Capnd143(m): 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
this is one of the best news i have heard today, it will definitely put pressure on the FG TO Diversify, cos they even knw that without cash there is noting to loot, left with no reliable source of income, the country wil diversify, bt the BIG Problem is nigeria diplomatic relations with SA(i.e the Gej-zuma alliance) which warranted SA to make plans to start importing Nigerian oil, if SA is to import nigerian oil then we are back to square 1. Btw it will take many years b4 the indian oil industry is fully developed
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by killuminati(m): 2:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
Aaaaaah! Ope oh!! Now mr and mrs na me get oil,na my papa get oil,na my backyard oil deh over to you.... Una go drink una oyel today grin

1 Like

Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
Good now Nigerian can start using their brains and shun dependence on Oil and white collar jobs
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by killuminati(m): 2:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
Tablet Man: Sharap undecided cameroun ain't sighted northward but southward..... north will continue to run dry grin....Sorry i mean no Insult cool
how many tramadol tablet you don swallow today?
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by obinnakenedo(m): 2:10pm On Jun 10, 2013
No customer for oyel. Politicians turns business man. Nigeria splits. Peace comes. #blowing my katar#
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 10, 2013
Tablet Man: Sharap undecided cameroun ain't sighted northward but southward..... north will continue to run dry grin....Sorry i mean no Insult cool

Do they teach geography in Nigerian schools?

It's shocking to know that you don't even know the map of your own country. grin grin grin
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by udemzyudex(m): 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
Good news

This will make Nigeria to sit right and not depend on oil .
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by obinnakenedo(m): 2:15pm On Jun 10, 2013
Abagworo: Still boils down to what I've always said.

1) Oga Jonathan please develop Niger Delta with your remaining 2 years and stop wasting all the money on retaining power.

2) Grant the States economic autonomy so that dependence on oil will reduce as States will fend for themselves. The offshore goes to FG so your share remains.

3) Invest more on Agriculture and Agricultural/biotechnology courses in our higher institutions. Make Agriculture the most attractive employment for youths.

4) Allow our refineries function so that we can use the oil ourselves if they refuse to buy.

5) Encourage the Aba shoes and allied products because that could be our next highest foreign exchange earner. Rebuild the city and create a condusive industrial area with access to standard machinery.

6) The "Kano Pyramids" and Western Cocoa can be revived if my point 3 (give priority to Agriculture) is well applied. Its possible if Obasanjo could do it with cassava.
wow! #clapping#. NB: If only our leaders.....
Re: India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil by Abbott(m): 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
gbanikiti: One day, Nigerian Oil will be for only Nigerians! cool

Amen!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Onitsha was founded by Edo Prince.(by Nnamdi Azikiwe the zik of Africa) / What Is The Name Of Your Local Government Chairman? / Imo PDP Condemns Ruling In Favour Of Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.