Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,804 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators (17833 Views)

Ambode Swears In Sole Administrators For All LGAs / Ambode Appoints 57 Sole Administrators For LGAs / Aregbesola To Create 31 Local Councils More In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by multikolour(m): 10:50am On Jul 07, 2015
The Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, monday announced autonomy for local governments in the state, abolishing the joint state and local government system, which had stunted development at the grassroots.

The governor also said 10 per cent of internally generated revenue (IGR) would be remitted to local government councils in the state.
Speaking while swearing-in sole administrators for the 23 councils in the state yesterday at the Government House, the governor said with this development, council chairmen cannot afford to fail the people.

He warned the sole administrators to desist from residing outside their localities, declaring that anyone who cannot live within the locality should vacate the office.

“You have no excuse to fail. Perform and bring real development to our state at the local government level. I am using this occasion to fulfill our campaign promise. During the campaigns, we said we will not hold local government funds if elected.

“Therefore, I am happy to inform you that the government under our watch has formally abolished joint account in Kaduna State, there will be no more holding local government funds hostage under the pretence of joint account.

“I also wish to inform you that the government will do its best to be remitting 10 per cent of the state’s IGR to the local government areas. Like I said, we must deliver, we can’t let our people down.

“In addition, you are to swing into action and commence carrying out meaningful projects in all the wards in your council. Already there is a blueprint of proposed development which you will see and work with as a guide to taking development to our communities,” the governor said.

He further charged the council sole administrators to take the issue of security very seriously by partnering with traditional and religious leaders and the entire stakeholders.

“Don’t be arrogant to your people, you are assigned to serve them and nothing more than that. We will not hesitate to call you to order if you think you will play with our people and the trust vested in you,” he warned.

He directed the council officials to submit within two weeks a list of government assets such as schools and hospitals that have been encroached into by trespassers.

“We did not appoint you because of your religion, ethnicity or where you come from. You have been appointed to work and bring positive change,” El-Rufai declared.

Source:- ( http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/el-rufai-announces-autonomy-for-local-councils-swears-in-sole-administrators/214077/)

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by bettercreature(m): 10:55am On Jul 07, 2015
This man is a real deal How I wish he could replace PMB with immediate effect,PMB is the new clueless in town

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by JBismarck(m): 10:56am On Jul 07, 2015
This Rufai is really performing and I implore us to support him as a model for other govs. What da 'El' is happening in KD!
Cc. Lalasticlala cc ishilove

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by bettercreature(m): 10:59am On Jul 07, 2015
JBismarck:
This Rufai is really performing and I implore us to support him as a model for other govs
imagine! He is on a rescue mission,what a man

9 Likes

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by kay29000(m): 11:04am On Jul 07, 2015
Great move.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by lekjons(m): 11:04am On Jul 07, 2015
nice
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 07, 2015
JBismarck:
This Rufai is really performing and I implore us to support him as a model for other govs
.... Fallacy!!!

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by plainmirror(m): 11:05am On Jul 07, 2015
I wish my state governor will adopt this model in his administration as it will help iron out some overlapping policies made jointly.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by yim(f): 11:05am On Jul 07, 2015
That should enhance development in the State. A good step in the right direction, I believe

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by siraj1402(m): 11:05am On Jul 07, 2015
Partiality mod,this has ben posted since 6:36am and never make front page.Here is this one posted 10:50am and was pushed to the front page.Small time you will start saying government is corrupt,are you not?

https://www.nairaland.com/2432857/el-rufai-abolishes-joint-account-swears

37 Likes

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by ozo13(m): 11:06am On Jul 07, 2015
He shld monitor how dey will spend d cash

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by eipreel(f): 11:06am On Jul 07, 2015
I just hope this is not initial publicity stunt sha cool
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by profdilo2(m): 11:06am On Jul 07, 2015
bettercreature:
This man is a real deal How I wish he could replace PMB with immediate effect,PMB is the new clueless in town

U ar damn right.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by multikolour(m): 11:06am On Jul 07, 2015
thou am a PDP fan, I always love his charismatic leadership especially the last paragraph
“We did not appoint you because of your religion, ethnicity or where you come from. You
have been appointed to work and bring positive
change,” El-Rufai declared.
Cc. Lalasticlala
cc ishilove

11 Likes

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by 812clothings(m): 11:07am On Jul 07, 2015
Okay let him keep working while we praise him.
Buhari hw va ooooo?u dey delay nigerians ooo!

5 Likes

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by Chidexter(m): 11:07am On Jul 07, 2015
K
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 07, 2015
I pray it works because they say all these in media and do otherwise in reality.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 07, 2015
Sole Administrators? In a democratic society? That is alien to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by Dahveydson(m): 11:07am On Jul 07, 2015
By their Actions, you'll know a man who truly wants to lead. ElRufai is such a man.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:07am On Jul 07, 2015
This is an epitome of a good leader. Things should be done in the right way. You're on point sir.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by motunolani02: 11:07am On Jul 07, 2015
El rufai na God fearing man,the poster below me will say something contrary

7 Likes

Things fall apart

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by seunmsg(m): 11:07am On Jul 07, 2015
Good decision by the governor. He should please take it a step further by conducting election into the councils. Sole administrators and caretaker chairmen are not elected by the people. It will be difficult to hold them to account since they are not answerable to the people. Democratic leadership at the local government level will go a long way in ensuring quality governance at the grassroot.

9 Likes

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by Largeese(m): 11:07am On Jul 07, 2015
This does not look like a complete autonomy. Lets see how it works out

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by emillionaire: 11:07am On Jul 07, 2015
COOL.
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:07am On Jul 07, 2015
But, Boo.hari does not have the solution to Nigeria's Problems -Balarebe Musa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by NobleAky(m): 11:08am On Jul 07, 2015
Honestly i was initially attacking this man but he is proving right now to be an exceptional leader! I wish this tempo and style of this administration will be sustained till his tenure expires

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by boluwabukola: 11:08am On Jul 07, 2015
Good step, other govs shd follow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Needs Serious Prayers- Fani-kayode / We Have Not Endorsed Any Presidential Candidate - Ohanaeze Makes U-turn / You Won't Believe What Is Happening In The North Right Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.