Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

The Riddles Of Polygamy! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Riddles Of Polygamy! (749 Views)

Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy... / The Negative Effects Of Polygamy / Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Riddles Of Polygamy! by effisyman: 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
Dear Muslims Umahs, I have been pondering over these issue of polygamy and everything that surronds it..
* Allah created more women than men...this is obvious to every mankind.
* Allah encourages muslim men to marry more than one wife if he has the capability.
* No muslim woman of today will willing accept to be a second wife or accept a second wife willingly.
* Allah instruct us to succumb totally to teachings of islam, of which the above is one.

Also, the population of marrigeable women that remain single keeps growing by seconds, how do we solve these riddle?
Re: The Riddles Of Polygamy! by tbaba1234: 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
Point 2 is incorrect: Allah does not encourage taking more than one wife, He permits it. Actually the only command is to marry 1.

A woman can opt out a polygamous marriage, it is her choice.

There is no riddle to solve.

1 Like

Re: The Riddles Of Polygamy! by BetaThings: 10:13am On Jun 11, 2013
effisyman: Dear Muslims Umahs, I have been pondering over these issue of polygamy and everything that surronds it..
* Allah created more women than men...this is obvious to every mankind.
* Allah encourages muslim men to marry more than one wife if he has the capability.
* No muslim woman of today will willing accept to be a second wife or accept a second wife willingly.
* Allah instruct us to succumb totally to teachings of islam, of which the above is one.

Also, the population of marrigeable women that remain single keeps growing by seconds, how do we solve these riddle?

3 is also not correct. I have seen women who have willingly requested their husband to bring in another woman. I have seen those who have willingly agreed to be second wife. It just depend on emotions, maturity etc

Allah created us to worship Him and submit totally. Otherwise it is not easy to fast, pray (5 times a day), abstain from drink etc. We also KNOW that polygamy is NOT EASY. But we know that people also embrace polygamy in non-muslim settings

Let us look at what can induce a woman to embrace polygamy
1. She is not able to have children and she does not want to deprive her husband
2. She believes that a young widow is not likely to become the only wife in a new marriage and she consents to her husband taking another wife. And becoming a widow is a random event that can happen to anyone. Note that the widow is already willing.
3. The sister likes a brother but he is married
4. There are a lot of unwilling single brothers or they don't appear responsible enough while the brother she knows to be trustworthy and responsible is married
Re: The Riddles Of Polygamy! by deols(f): 11:11am On Jun 11, 2013
Point no 1 is yet to be right.

Recent census shows more men than women in the world.
Re: The Riddles Of Polygamy! by effisyman: 4:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
BetaThings:

3 is also not correct. I have seen women who have willingly requested their husband to bring in another woman. I have seen those who have willingly agreed to be second wife. It just depend on emotions, maturity etc

Allah created us to worship Him and submit totally. Otherwise it is not easy to fast, pray (5 times a day), abstain from drink etc. We also KNOW that polygamy is NOT EASY. But we know that people also embrace polygamy in non-muslim settings

Let us look at what can induce a woman to embrace polygamy
1. She is not able to have children and she does not want to deprive her husband
2. She believes that a young widow is not likely to become the only wife in a new marriage and she consents to her husband taking another wife. And becoming a widow is a random event that can happen to anyone. Note that the widow is already willing.
3. The sister likes a brother but he is married
4. There are a lot of unwilling single brothers or they don't appear responsible enough while the brother she knows to be trustworthy and responsible is married
I must admit you did your home work before responding.
My message is to encourage all muslims to embrace the teachings of islam wholeheartedly.

(1) (Reply)

France: Churches Into Mosques / Husband Scarcity!!! / Ramadan Companion Is Google's Special Package For Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.