Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,218 members, 7,811,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK (18665 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
Ceawlin Thynn, Viscount Weymouth, married the daughter of a Nigerian oil tycoon yesterday, but the ceremony was overshadowed by the conspicuous absence of his parents who refused to attend as a family feud rumbled on.
Emma McQuiston will make history when she becomes the first black Marchioness in Britain after her wedding to the future Marquess of Bath at the family seat of Longleat.
But she claims her relationship with the aristocrat has caused upset among the British elite because of her ethnicity and background.

A source told the Daily Express: 'It was an intimate ceremony. Longleat is considered one of the foremost and widely respected traditional British estates in the country.
'With the backdrop of the safari park, estate and house, it was quite special.
'Many people have celebrated that she will be the first black marchioness in the UK, which was widely praised as "about time too".'
The 80-year-old Marquess – wearing mustard chinos and a green velvet jacket – instead went to a wedding in Hampshire yesterday morning, accompanied by his wife, Ceawlin's mother.Lady Bath, who splits her time between Longleat and Paris, is thought to disapprove of Miss McQuiston, an aspiring celebrity chef.
‘She has asked her son to call it off,’ a friend of the family said. ‘She seems to think Emma isn’t good enough for him. Emma’s a lovely girl and is understandably hurt by this, as is her family. But Ceawlin loves Emma and won’t be swayed.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2338458/Pictured-Bride-set-Britains-black-marchioness-marriage-aristocratic-father-law-snubbed-row-erotic-paintings.html

Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by tpia5: 9:58pm On Jun 10, 2013
strong resemblance to goldie.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by Gudiza(m): 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
SMH @ how anyone can call this Emma McQuiston a Nigerian or even a black for that matter. I just refuse to have that mentality. If I were a Briton it's a different story.
Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by gluv01(f): 11:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
They look happy. Flippy neck to that Marquess...Even in his old age he is still a racist. or a Nigerian racist...
Two people love themselves, why not let them be?

And she, i hope she can cope with the life time rejection she will face from the family? I wish her goodluck and strength to cope.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ahhhh....the power of love wink
Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by buoye1(m): 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
Na luv
Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by Adegokenath(m): 3:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
Anything happen
Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by Regiblinkz(m): 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2013
Say NO to RACISM

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by Feedmemore(f): 3:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
They look happy together. nice one!
Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by daywatcher: 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
so many questions where do I start? are they going to do traditional wedding in the village? who is her oil tycoon father? has she been Nigeria before?

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by obi123: 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
yes , so she is Nigerian now abi because she is not hacking people to death in broad day light .
, in any case she is of mixed ethnicity , her papa na Ladi Jadesimi, a Nigerian oil magnate her mum is Suzanna McQuiston, she bears her mum's name

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
I hope she doesn't get "Dodi Fayed." lipsrsealed

Don't mess with British aristocrats; blue-blood and water don't mix. Her dad might be a Nigerian oil tycoon, but to the Brits - he's a commoner. grin Rich black folks and obnoxious black thugs are the same to them.

R.I.P Princess Diana. wink

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
That woman is very ugly..

She looks like goldie with the corset womans waist..

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by Trecixnine(m): 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
Of course she looks African. Especially from the eastern part of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by TVTKOKO(m): 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
O.k,i don hear. Make i jump enta lagoon?mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by yuzedo: 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
Gord!! shocked shocked shocked is like dey like uglyness in dat vilegge!!! angry angry angry undecided

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by tpia5: 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
is it just me, or do "oil tycoons" just keep appearing in connection with nigeria, at the drop of a hat?
Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
She looks mixed but that does not even matter to the British elite who would rather keep their bloodlines "pure."

Unlike the African Elites who are overly welcoming to most non-blacks.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2013
Waooo what a prudent act der, i also need a luvly lady out der 4marriage..AM 4M EDO STATE OF NIGERIA, U CAN REACH ME ON..08182725083
Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by AbuMikey(m): 3:46pm On Jun 11, 2013
Na their life be dat!!! E nor concern me!!

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
And why the hell are people celebrating her marriage and new title as if it is some feat (if the article is to be believed)?
Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by druid06(m): 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2013
They look good together.
Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by Brimmie(m): 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2013
She's Frm Edo.. i guess!! undecided undecided undecided
Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by tpia5: 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
And why the hell are people celebrating her marriage and new title as if it is some feat (if the article is to be believed)?

i think that's for britain, not nigeria.

if she can reveal where her dad (who most nigerians never heard of), is from, maybe we'll see the nigerian connection.
Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by tpia5: 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2013
gluv01: They look happy. Flippy neck to that Marquess...Even in his old age he is still a racist. or a Nigerian racist...
Two people love themselves, why not let them be?

And she, i hope she can cope with the life time rejection she will face from the family? I wish her goodluck and strength to cope.

her mum is white (we are told), i'm sure the folks will come around at some point in time.

and if not, well, she still has her white relatives?
Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by slimfit1(m): 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
She is not Nigerian please

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by coolzeal(m): 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
She's biracial and not fully Nigerian and besides there's nothing Nigerian about this lady.

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by tpia5: 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
obi123: yes , so she is Nigerian now abi because she is not hacking people to death in broad day light .
, in any case she is of mixed ethnicity , her papa na Ladi Jadesimi, a Nigerian oil magnate her mum is Suzanna McQuiston, she bears her mum's name
Re: A Nigerian To Become First Black Marchioness In UK by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2013
'Many people have celebrated that she will be the first black marchioness in the UK, which was widely praised as "about time too".'

^^^^That's the problem with nyggahs and their tomfoolery in every niggerdom. The stupidity in celebrating ludicrous achievements, or lack thereof. You know where you stand in a society; yet you keep pushing barriers that should be left alone and celebrating madness. God forbid something bad happens to this woman - they'll start asking for black solidarity.

Nyggahs will never learn, I tell ya.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chief Femi Fani Kayode Congratulates A Nairalander / Guy Blew N10.1million ($63K) On Drinks In Victoria Island (photos) / OMG!! See What This Girl Did To Herself ...tattoo Gone Sour (look)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.