Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,583 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread - Phones (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (243330 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by vicope: 5:15pm On Aug 02, 2013
Proffdada:
It says nothing about SIM support

The Pipo M6 3G and Pipo M9 Pro 3G supports SIM for internet but not for voice communication.

It also has slots for power, Esc, DC, HDMI (though you have to buy the cable seperately), usb, host, earphone and microSD including physical buttons for volume control and standby.

But I think they have some tabs that supports voice communication though has lower screen resolution. You can check out their tabs on their website: www.pipo.cn/En or www.pipo.com

You can also watch the video reviews I posted earlier.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Fogman(m): 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2013
vicope:

The Pipo M6 3G and Pipo M9 Pro 3G supports SIM for internet but not for voice communication.

It also has slots for power, Esc, DC, HDMI (though you have to buy the cable seperately), usb, host, earphone and microSD including physical buttons for volume control and standby.

But I think they have some tabs that supports voice communication though has lower screen resolution. You can check out their tabs on their website: www.pipo.cn/En or www.pipo.com

You can also watch the video reviews I posted earlier.

Why dont you open a thread for Pipo tabs?

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by vicope: 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
Fogman:

Why dont you open a thread for Pipo tabs?

I'm sorry bro.....i know I'm derailing this thread but I just didn't deem it necessary to open a thread for pipo cos I only wanted to share a little knowledge of it for those who care! No more pipo stuff here, I promise! wink
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Fogman(m): 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
vicope:

I'm sorry bro.....i know I'm derailing this thread but I just didn't deem it necessary to open a thread for pipo cos I only wanted to share a little knowledge of it for those who care! No more pipo stuff here, I promise! wink

No harm done. Was only advicing so you can draw more attention to pipo tabs. Afteral, it has an attractive specs and review online.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Elsafema: 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
Help na what is OTG
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by bajovics: 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
good day,

can someone please tell me what accessories that came with tecno N9 Pad.

i want to pick one soon please.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by klens(m): 9:12pm On Aug 02, 2013
if you need pipo m9 pro 3G holla me it goes for 60k DHl shipping to any location in Nigeria, you will never regret buying it as you dont need to be buying new MTK Tab every two months for updates ,since it supports OTA updates and better build, chipset,GPU etc. w w w .facebook .com/klensglobal O81O81392O

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 9:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
Klens,
What happens if there's a fault and I have to repair it. Is there a customer care office one can take it to?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 10:33pm On Aug 02, 2013
mcgboye: Klens,
What happens if there's a fault and I have to repair it. Is there a customer care office one can take it to?

if i hear say customer care dey grin
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 10:33pm On Aug 02, 2013
who knows how to root this baby? getting one soon

and please is the screen HD and clear like the f7 screen? kiss
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Lakerz009(m): 10:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
Plz...Guyz, will dis N9 tab support d new blackberry messenger beta application ...? plz anybody wiv d idea for d link to get it ?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 11:01pm On Aug 02, 2013
Lakerz009: Plz...Guyz, will dis N9 tab support d new blackberry messenger beta application ...? plz anybody wiv d idea for d link to get it ?

is the beta version out yet?
Yees! it wil.. Os versions 4.0 and above.. n9 is 4.2
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Lakerz009(m): 11:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ook..tnx man.. Dont think tz out tho, cos no download link yet.....
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 12:36am On Aug 03, 2013
Can you use a data modem on this tab via the OTG?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by klens(m): 8:43am On Aug 03, 2013
mcgboye: Klens,
How many times have your gadget developed fault, if not because of our carelessness in terms of bricking, anyway it has one year guarantee, but you can always get support online, even though you brick it, That won't be a problem as you will always get help online, both custom roms and others.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 03, 2013
pls is bbm already on Android ...if yes pls where can i download it
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 12:50pm On Aug 03, 2013
adegbem: pls is bbm already on Android ...if yes pls where can i download it

Not yet bro
Soon!
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by WizzKim: 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2013
Elsafema: Help na what is OTG
USB OTG enables you to use your tablet as a host instead of only being a slave during a connection with another device. I.e you can use your tab to control a usb device such as a pen drive, wired keyboard, mouse, external hard drive,..etc.. You need a OTG cable to do this, which unlike the normal USB cable, it alerts the tab to act as a host i.e control..hope it helps

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2013
I bought this tab an hour ago and I can confirm that I was able to use the external keyboard I purchased with it via the OTG cable. I'm on my way to charge it but I thought it would be good if I clear that. I also bought a stylus pen. I will share the performance as soon as I put it to use

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Elsafema: 2:16pm On Aug 03, 2013
WizzKim:
USB OTG enables you to use your tablet as a host instead of only being a slave during a connection with another device. I.e you can use your tab to control a usb device such as a pen drive, wired keyboard, mouse, external hard drive,..etc.. You need a OTG cable to do this, which unlike the normal USB cable, it alerts the tab to act as a host i.e control..hope it helps
thank u pple like u make nairaland worthy
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 3:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
Abeg people, is there anyway I can use my visafone modem on my tecno N9 tab? Answers needed urgently.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Neroski(f): 4:11pm On Aug 03, 2013
mcgboye: I bought this tab an hour ago and I can confirm that I was able to use the external keyboard I purchased with it via the OTG cable. I'm on my way to charge it but I thought it would be good if I clear that. I also bought a stylus pen. I will share the performance as soon as I put it to use

how much did u get d keyboard and the cable?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2013
mcgboye: I bought this tab an hour ago and I can confirm that I was able to use the external keyboard I purchased with it via the OTG cable. I'm on my way to charge it but I thought it would be good if I clear that. I also bought a stylus pen. I will share the performance as soon as I put it to use

Ill be waiting too
Would like to buy it On Monday..thanka
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by uchechuwku: 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2013
mcgboye: Abeg people, is there anyway I can use my visafone modem on my tecno N9 tab? Answers needed urgently.

Hi, pls can yu share a pix of the OTG keyboard and cable.
Thanks
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 5:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
Neroski:

how much did u get d keyboard and the cable?

Keyboard was 3k, OTG cable 500 and multi-USB port 1k
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by klens(m): 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2013
I do sell keyboard and all other accessories Like original 16GB,32GB Memory card, But you guys should consider this, buying this MTK tab N35,000 or so, plus leather keyboard like N5000,OTG cable lets say N1000 Totaling N41,000. no OTA, Mehn na f4 be that ooooooo,sold my N3 for N7,My N7 for F7,before i started my biz, There are better Tab you can get within that range with keyboard, even some 10.1 inch Tab with better spec sef in China are at the range of N40,000. Why not lay complaint on Tecno to provide the tab with keyboard at N35,000 flat, just a suggestion.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2013
klens: I do sell keyboard and all other accessories Like original 16GB,32GB Memory card, But you guys should consider this, buying this MTK tab N35,000 or so, plus leather keyboard like N5000,OTG cable lets say N1000 Totaling N41,000. no OTA, Mehn na f4 be that ooooooo,sold my N3 for N7,My N7 for F7,before i started my biz, There are better Tab you can get within that range with keyboard, even some 10.1 inch Tab with better spec sef in China are at the range of N40,000. Why not lay complaint on Tecno to provide the tab with keyboard at N35,000 flat, just a suggestion.

Bros , you keep going on and on about Tecno tab not having enough specs, but most of the tabs you've advertised here are either more expensive or not with better specs. The best tab you've posted here is the Pipo M9 Pro and it costs 60k. Other tabs you posted do not have better specs. I've been to your facebook page many times and information there is scanty. Give us tabs with similar or better specs at better prices, people will patronize you. Coming here to tell us what this tab has or doesn't have without offering something significantly better is ludicrous at best. The other time you wanted someone to confirm Adaye's claim of using external keyboard with his tab, I've done that. Now you come with another complaint.
Of cos, I agree with you entirely that we should encourage Tecno to improve their specs, I expect that to come with higher prices. Not that I will complain. We'll buy it.

7 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 03, 2013
hustla:

Not yet bro
Soon!
k...thks anyway
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 03, 2013
pls hw much did u get the pen and d keyboard
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 8:42pm On Aug 03, 2013
adegbem: pls hw much did u get the pen and d keyboard

Pen 700 keyboard 3k.

However, the pen didn't work with it. I couldn't test it because I didn't have the papyrus app installed as at that time.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by LordReed(m): 9:48pm On Aug 03, 2013
mcgboye:

Pen 700 keyboard 3k.

However, the pen didn't work with it. I couldn't test it because I didn't have the papyrus app installed as at that time.

Hmmm from what I gather if a screen is not built for stylus use it won't work. I tried the stylus of the Note 8.0 on my Dream D1 using the Papyrus app it didn't work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (66) (Reply)

How To Reveal Any Hidden Caller Identity(private Number) On Your Phone. / How To Download Nigerian Nollywood Movies To Phone / Pc For Free / Infinix Hot 3 (X554) Official Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.