Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,393 members, 7,836,581 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread - Phones (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (243327 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by nanaba777: 7:40am On Aug 06, 2013
It's not the price of a phone that determines whether it's lowend,mid or highend rather it's the specs of the device.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by datdudeAY: 7:59am On Aug 06, 2013
harmbhrosz: I've been following this thread right from the start and seriously it has been a platform of enlightenment.

Criticism, pride, ignorant and negative minded people lives among us, that's why we're called HUMAN. And it wouldn't be bad if we the POSITIVE minded people could help them out.

My post is to address those that sees ALMOST everything bad in the Tecno brand (N9 to be precise). A brand that could strive its way to the people's mind from nowhere should receive nothing but support......look at the economy of the country,(you're comparing yourself to oyinbo abi). some dudes goes about bragging around with their costfull gadget! And guess what.....MOST of them's parent would never support a gadget worth of such amount and their parent does so coz they know the VALUE of money......sincerely speaking about myself, I can afford any gadget of ANY price if I want BUT I spend WISELY(repeat after me 'WISELY) coz its a GADGET not an ASSET which it value will everly depreciate.

So if you're too big to appreciate/respect a company that could produce a tab as n9 as their FIRST tablet, then kindly keep quiet. I use other androids and has never use a tecno product before but this n9 being their 1st tab!!!(TWaleH to tecno) it's a great start for them...so pls see beyond n9 and look into the future to see if you will never regret criticizing tecno products. Yes they are unknown in the world but they will have to start somewhere

Joining the tecno world with n9 in the soonest

Thanks to the tecno fans out there pls spend wisely jare

CHeerS!!!
Some words dude grin
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Josh802: 8:48am On Aug 06, 2013
Still talking about dis n9 does it have a led flash ? .nd tecno should had increased d back camera mega pixels .5mp which dey gave 4 a tab is 2 low.:-D

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by klens(m): 8:58am On Aug 06, 2013
If you stay in Aba I can help you get N9 for 35k. most people do message me for N9 Tab that's what that brought this issue
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by klens(m): 10:34am On Aug 06, 2013
klens: If you stay in Aba I can help you get N9 for 35k. most people do message me for N9 Tab that's what that brought this issue
High Quality metal Stylish Capacitive Touch Pen For Tablet PC,ipad,iphone,samsung Galaxy Tab,Tecno Phantom N9 etc at N500 only.

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Onosy: 10:58am On Aug 06, 2013
mcgboye: Guys, just tested this device with a bluetooth mouse and it worked.
Pix attached. You'll notice the mouse cursor at the centre of the screen.

Please is that OTG I see there or something else...have u tried the OTG Stuff and what is the cost
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 11:18am On Aug 06, 2013
klens: High Quality metal Stylish Capacitive Touch Pen For Tablet PC,ipad,iphone,samsung Galaxy Tab,Tecno Phantom N9 etc at N500 only.

Hello,
Haave you tested this pen with the N9 and it worked? If yes, then I can arrange to get some. I'm in Lagos though, but I'm sure we can arrange something.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 11:20am On Aug 06, 2013
Onosy:

Please is that OTG I see there or something else...have u tried the OTG Stuff and what is the cost

It's the OTG I used. I wrote earlier that I aalso used an external keyboard with it and it worked. The ONLY thing remaining now is the Stylus which I'm hoping Klens can provide.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by datdudeAY: 11:49am On Aug 06, 2013
rubyagada: I expected more from the techno Tab! haba nau, why 5.0MP cam when my F7 is 8.0... they for make am 12.0mega pixel, 4GB ram, was even told it doesn't have a flash.. na large screen I wan chop?..

That's why there is provision for choices brother, you can try sammy10.1/.2/.3/... grin, lm sure u'll have all that features in it without stress. On a light mood bro, no hard feelings grin grin grin LOL
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by klens(m): 1:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mehn Tecno is trying this days oooooooooooooo my inbox is full with do you have Tecno phantom A+ or N9 Tab. another Tecno M3 jelly bean 4.2 N3 range for only 13k ,good of them
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by klens(m): 1:09pm On Aug 06, 2013
mcgboye:

Hello,
Haave you tested this pen with the N9 and it worked? If yes, then I can arrange to get some. I'm in Lagos though, but I'm sure we can arrange something.
No I haven't, but I'm sure it will work since it is capacitive Pen, it worked with Tn3 and my Phantom A. plus other MTK tab
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by klens(m): 1:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
The problem I have with Lagos base is the distance, but if you can pay N500 shipping with Transport company, to Lag, we will do business. I will go check tomorrow how much they will charge to take it to Lag, since the item is not big
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Onosy: 1:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
mcgboye:

It's the OTG I used. I wrote earlier that I aalso used an external keyboard with it and it worked. The ONLY thing remaining now is the Stylus which I'm hoping Klens can provide.

Thanks...Would have picked mine but just that I'm getting the feeling that Tecno will release another Tab sooner that later...in the next few weeks if not days.....I got their first Android Device T1... I will wait for the next Tab maybe till this month ending cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 1:58pm On Aug 06, 2013
Onosy:

Thanks...Would have picked mine but just that I'm getting the feeling that Tecno will release another Tab sooner that later...in the next few weeks if not days.....I got their first Android Device T1... I will wait for the next Tab maybe till this month ending cheesy

LOL. I thought of that for over a week before finally buying it. Even if they bring a new tab out tomorrow assess if it's something significantly better than this before buying it. This one will be used by the missus anyway. The point is if you keep waiting for their next device, you may end up notbuying until next year (of course i think they'll bring another one within the next two months). It's a very good device and i really can't wait for their next device. Hopefully it'll be nice.

klens: The problem I have with Lagos base is the distance, but if you can pay N500 shipping with Transport company, to Lag, we will do business. I will go check tomorrow how much they will charge to take it to Lag, since the item is not big

Let me know. I may just order for more than one, maybe four so i can give some people who i've convinced to get the N9. Let me know pls. Also, since you're helping people to get the N9, I'm sure you can test the Stylus so you're sure it works with it.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Josh802: 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
Tecno should bring up another tab and give it a ram of 2Gb nd a rom of 32Gb nd 1.7GHz and of course a led flash and a super amoled screen .
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
Josh802: Tecno should bring up another tab and give it a ram of 2Gb nd a rom of 32Gb nd 1.7GHz and of course a led flash and a super amoled screen .

This is the specs of iPad 4: http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_ipad_4_wi_fi_+_cellular-5071.php
It's 1GB RAM and a 1.4GHz processor. It sells for over 120k.
Also, I have not seen any tab with a back-camera more than 5MP and a front camera more than 2MP.

Are you willing to pay at least that amount if Tecno produces the tab with the specs you desire?

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
apple products are pricey for sure

but r we now comparing chinese droids to IOS?

even regular droids struggle next to IOS.

You should try use an IPAD for like 20 minutes before making this type of comparison.

for example there is no application ever written for IOS that will struggle on Ipad 4 IRRESPECTIVE OF THE SPECS. and of course till tomorrow no matter how much ram and specs a droid has, it will not run as smooth as IOS.

its more of an indictment of android as a platform that you need laptop specs in a mobile phone

AND IM A BIGGER DROID FANBOY/ANTI-APPLE PERSON THAN U WILL EVER BE. but facts are facts.

Not everything in this life is about price. Bajaj Boxer and a Superbike are not the same thing......

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by klens(m): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
Josh802: Tecno should bring up another tab and give it a ram of 2Gb nd a rom of 32Gb nd 1.7GHz and of course a led flash and a super amoled screen .
For 35k

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Josh802: 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2013
For 120k nope i wont . I kw tecno ah doing dia best, but 2 produce a tab wif 5mp its 2 low 4 a tab nd bsides it doesn't have a led flash .
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Josh802: 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
4llerbuntu: apple products are pricey for sure

You should try use an IPAD for like 20 minutes before making this type of comparison.

for example there is no application ever written for IOS that will struggle on Ipad 4 IRRESPECTIVE OF THE SPECS. and of course till tomorrow no matter how much ram and specs a droid has, it will not run as smooth as IOS.

its more of an indictment of android as a platform that you need laptop specs in a mobile phone

AND IM A BIGGER DROID FANBOY/ANTI-APPLE PERSON THAN U WILL EVER BE. but facts are facts.

Not everything in this life is about price. Bajaj Boxer and a Superbike are not the same thing......

mr wahever . U claim 2 b an andriod fanboy dan who pls ? Anti/apple person LWKMD who asked u dat? Ur @ hme usin a nokia2700 and u claim 2 b an andriod anti/apple person lWKMD
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by techfreak: 5:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
mcgboye:

This is the specs of iPad 4: http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_ipad_4_wi_fi_+_cellular-5071.php
It's 1GB RAM and a 1.4GHz processor. It sells for over 120k.
Also, I have not seen any tab with a back-camera more than 5MP and a front camera more than 2MP.

Are you willing to pay at least that amount if Tecno produces the tab with the specs you desire?

lol...! Guy na only u wey never hear of d Sony Xperia Tablet Z? Many dey with back cam of 8MP but with a front cam @ 2MP
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
techfreak:

lol...! Guy na only u wey never hear of d Sony Xperia Tablet Z? Many dey with back cam of 8MP but with a front cam @ 2MP

I thought I was clear enough in my communication. I didn't say it didn't exist, I said I haven't seen any. And I assure you this is the first time in hearing about this. I'll read it up and note the price vs spec.

And pls, you can't compare two phones without considering the prices if there's a huge gap between the two.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by OCTAVO: 5:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mehn, I handled this tab today and I must commend the tab.
Soo sweet!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by klens(m): 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2013
Josh802: For 120k nope i wont . I kw tecno ah doing dia best, but 2 produce a tab wif 5mp its 2 low 4 a tab nd bsides it doesn't have a led flash .
seems this is your first Tab, Hardly to see a Tab with 8MP, is only few Tab that comes with led flash, majority only web Cam just like PC, most camera in Phones and Tab are just Fancy for people like me, it's mainly Nigerian woman that like snapping and uploading to facebook. even though Tecno provides a device with 2GB Ram 8MP, 32GB rom, people Will still complain that they need 12MP, 32GB Rom, octa core, 4GB Ram for 36k. human wants are unlimited.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by klens(m): 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
Tested the Capacity Touch pen today in all Tecno smart phones and Galaxy S series, it worked, order for yours now.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 12:24am On Aug 07, 2013
klens: Tested the Capacity Touch pen today in all Tecno smart phones and Galaxy S series, it worked, order for yours now.

You still haven't tested it on the N9. Sorry, the issue is I bought one for the same price last wkend and it didn't work so I wanna be sure it's tested and trusted with this device.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by ThePrekky(m): 1:13am On Aug 07, 2013
Pls who has tips on how τo conserve battery life on the tecno f7 phantom?? I really need It nd would appreciate if anyone could help me out
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:32am On Aug 07, 2013
Josh802: mr wahever . U claim 2 b an andriod fanboy dan who pls ? Anti/apple person LWKMD who asked u dat? Ur @ hme usin a nokia2700 and u claim 2 b an andriod anti/apple person lWKMD

hehehehe. I take it you are new on NL?

we like intelligent people around here..... try to do better next time you post ok? you should not talk just to hear the sound of your voice.........

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by jwills(m): 9:47am On Aug 07, 2013
4llerbuntu: apple products are pricey for sure

i have played with an i pad 3, n use to own an iphone 3gs untill it ran out of updates, so i know d iphone exp. So let me say i feel its boring-save for games n apps-but android, i must say its very wide dats y its d dominant os, looking at d specs of ipad 4 ( im more of d gpu ) its 554 vs 544 so ill say its almost d same basket! Operations will b smooth n d customizations are simply endless, dats y am getting mine soon!!!
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by bajovics: 12:46pm On Aug 07, 2013
GOOD DAY FANS.

I THINK WE HAVE TO COMMEND TECNO FOR JOB WELL DONE.
THIS IS GOOD FOR A START IN TABLET SERIES.
WE ARE IN THE WORLD OF ADVANCEMENT.
TECNO N9 PRICE IS LESSER THAN THE GADGET ITSELF COMPARED TO OTHER MANUFACTURERS.

MIND YOU ANDROID JELLY BEAN 4.3 IS NOW OUT.
TECNO WILL DEFINITELY COME-OUT WITH A DEVICE THAT WILL CARRY THIS OS AND HOPEFULLY ALL BUGS IN N9 PAD WILL BE FIXED.

AN APPLAUSE FOR TECNO PLEASE, STOP CONDEMNING THEM. JAVA AND SYMBIAN PHONE USERS NOW GO FOR ANDROID.
THANKS TO TECNO AND INFINIX.

www.bajoitrealm.com

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Coolstan: 2:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
Josh802: For 120k nope i wont . I kw tecno ah doing dia best, but 2 produce a tab wif 5mp its 2 low 4 a tab nd bsides it doesn't have a led flash .
5mp is okay for a tab. My only concern was the lack of flash and no HD screen

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (66) (Reply)

How To Reveal Any Hidden Caller Identity(private Number) On Your Phone. / How To Download Nigerian Nollywood Movies To Phone / Pc For Free / Infinix Hot 3 (X554) Official Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.