Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread - Phones (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (243130 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Coolstan: 11:30pm On Nov 25, 2013
bug24: now am going to start LEADING a campaign against TECNO products.
i bought my Phantom Pad on friday and just this afternoon, i decided to reboot it cos it was hanging... it refused to come up again.
i went to where i bought it "CALLUS MILLER" in port harcourt and they reffered me to TECNO help center.

on gettin to Care center, if u guyz see the number of people there with tecno and infinix phones that went bad.
Worst is.... They stil charge you to get it fixed.

Now where da F is dat warranty they talkd about.

walahi, i go use online medium spoil tecno market. dem neva see anything yet.
36,000 phone. Just like dat

if u guys hear tecno, Please run.

I've fixed my phone severally and never paid shit. Only had to pay when my screen got broken when I used the N3 (physical damage) which they stated clearly that their warranty doesn't cover or did you even bother to read the terms and conditions of the warranty? Pls do so.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Kowale: 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
Please guys advise me. Does this Tab worth buying?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Kowale: 8:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
Please guys, does this Tab worth buying?
Appreciate ur responses.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by spaceman(m): 9:24am On Nov 27, 2013
@ Kowale.
It is for those of us using it for long now.
the proof of the pudding is in eating. You need the personal experience with the tab to judge by your self.
Remember that every individual has a way of handling electronic device, and that goes a long way to determine its lifespan and functionality in your hand. Most of these problems guys complain about are as a result of how they handle the tab. I'm not marketing for techno, but at least one got an affordable tab/pad that works and doing more for me than those expensive tabs out there.
Just my own view.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
Please anybody who can help on how to solve battery problem of this tablet... It suddenly went bad after charging it one evening I notice it only spend like 30min to 1hr to drain off... And when I charge next it was abnormal it charge so fast that I thought maybe is the charge that was nought I bought a new cord and charge again it was still the same stuff... But my worry is can battery suddenly ware off. And please is there any correction that could be make, and if not how could I get the battery remove and replace...please help me out!
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by zizky(m): 7:12am On Nov 28, 2013
Take it to Carlcare
adegbem: Please anybody who can help on how to solve battery problem of this tablet... It suddenly went bad after charging it one evening I notice it only spend like 30min to 1hr to drain off... And when I charge next it was abnormal it charge so fast that I thought maybe is the charge that was nought I bought a new cord and charge again it was still the same stuff... But my worry is can battery suddenly ware off. And please is there any correction that could be make, and if not how could I get the battery remove and replace...please help me out!
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
nothing wrong abt tecno pad n9..av been using mine for d past four month..and still very strong

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by heykims(m): 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hotdiamond: downloaded it on google play store.
i checked d playstore, there re many varieties of skype, plz wch one do i specifically really need to download?
Nd plz will one be charged extra for using skype or for video calling?
Anyone who is using skype sud plz giv me d gist about ow it operates...
Thanks
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by bug24(m): 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
heykims:
i checked d playstore, there re many varieties of skype, plz wch one do i specifically really need to download?
Nd plz will one be charged extra for using skype or for video calling?
Anyone who is using skype sud plz giv me d gist about ow it operates...
Thanks

Oooomehn! E nor go easy oh! Ur questions are very related to... Pls does any1 knw d size of con*d*m dat wil fit me?

Sounds like a real newbie. ... And yes! They'll charge u ur normal MB to do skype just dat it'll kip drainin like water.

Plus...just get in playstore, when u see d real skype, u'll recognize it. More like u cant miss d sight of a yellow pretty damsel walkin down ur way.

Hope i was kind enof with my answers? Lolz
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by gykes(m): 4:19am On Nov 29, 2013
chile-icefire:
please I have a problem with my phantom pad, I restored factory setting as a result, the applications that were on the tablet were deleted. I re-downloaded them from google play shop again, and they refused to install, keeps telling "unknown error code during application install:"-24" .
please I need assistance from somebody pls help!!!

I've got a similar problem. After countless restorations of factory setting, it's installation became selective. Some apps installed others didn't. At the moment my Google Chrome browser isn't installing, neither Google play, 1mobile nor Amazon app stores could install it. I'm presently searching for a Stock ROM (N9 firmware) to flash in.

I think the firmware got corrupted as a result of the Factory resets.

PLEASE ANY ONE WHO HAS A BACKED UP COPY OF HIS ROM SHOULD BE KIND ENOUGH TO SHARE. CARLCARE GUYS HAD MY TAB FOR A MONTH ONLY TO DISCOVER THEY HADN'T ADDRESSED THE ACTUAL PROBLEM. ALL THEY DID WAS BOOT IT ON...SMH
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by heykims(m): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2013
bug24:

Oooomehn! E nor go easy oh! Ur questions are very related to... Pls does any1 knw d size of con*d*m dat wil fit me?

Sounds like a real newbie. ... And yes! They'll charge u ur normal MB to do skype just dat it'll kip drainin like water.

Plus...just get in playstore, when u see d real skype, u'll recognize it. More like u cant miss d sight of a yellow pretty damsel walkin down ur way.

Hope i was kind enof with my answers? Lolz
Yea chief, I got ur gist nd thanks. But y d draining if i wud only be charged for chatting alone plus u neva commented on video calling.
I however recommend a permanent condxm for ur dxxk if too huge, go for sterilization method.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by haykay2005: 11:49am On Nov 29, 2013
Price: 26k last!
Reason for sale: wanna step up lol
WhatsApp contact :08032949061
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Joeblis(m): 12:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
gykes:

I've got a similar problem. After countless restorations of factory setting, it's installation became selective. Some apps installed others didn't. At the moment my Google Chrome browser isn't installing, neither Google play, 1mobile nor Amazon app stores could install it. I'm presently searching for a Stock ROM (N9 firmware) to flash in.

I think the firmware got corrupted as a result of the Factory resets.

PLEASE ANY ONE WHO HAS A BACKED UP COPY OF HIS ROM SHOULD BE KIND ENOUGH TO SHARE. CARLCARE GUYS HAD MY TAB FOR A MONTH ONLY TO DISCOVER THEY HADN'T ADDRESSED THE ACTUAL PROBLEM. ALL THEY DID WAS BOOT IT ON...SMH
guy download root browser then go to data/data and delete the com. Folder...in your case go to the root browser and delete the com.goolechrome folder reinstall,and your good to go
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by gykes(m): 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
Joeblis: guy download root browser then go to data/data and delete the com. Folder...in your case go to the root browser and delete the com.goolechrome folder reinstall,and your good to go

Guy!!! You are toooooooo GOOD!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!

NOT MY FAULT I'M NOT AN ANDROID PERSON, I KNOW EVERY TWEEK ON BB10 EVEN INSTALL AND RUN ANDROID APK FILES DIRECTLY ON MY Z10 BUT ANDROID IS A REAL HEAD ACHE FOR ME....

GUY!! YOU ARE THE MAN!!
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Joeblis(m): 2:20pm On Nov 30, 2013
gykes:

Guy!!! You are toooooooo GOOD!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!

NOT MY FAULT I'M NOT AN ANDROID PERSON, I KNOW EVERY TWEEK ON BB10 EVEN INSTALL AND RUN ANDROID APK FILES DIRECTLY ON MY Z10 BUT ANDROID IS A REAL HEAD ACHE FOR ME....

GUY!! YOU ARE THE MAN!!
no problem bro enjoy..
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by spaceman(m): 7:50pm On Nov 30, 2013
Dear Customer, effective 3rd Dec 2013 AIRTEL BB Plans will cease to function on non BB devices or used as a modem . Thank you
just got this from airtel
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by gykes(m): 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2013
spaceman: Dear Customer, effective 3rd Dec 2013 AIRTEL BB Plans will cease to function on non BB devices or used as a modem . Thank you
just got this from airtel

Can anyone other than Spaceman confirm this??
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by bug24(m): 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2013
If they are stopin it, they beta be ready to refund ppl. Abi?

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by daddyhez(m): 3:13am On Dec 04, 2013
Please how do I root this device?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by slingerf: 8:13am On Dec 04, 2013
abeg, wu don backup his custom rom(tecno),just want to know d size...plssss
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by femiayo(m): 11:13am On Dec 04, 2013
I need help in the house my tecno pad is not auto playing again when i connect it with my system and its not on debugging mode pls help if u can thanx
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by femiayo(m): 11:22am On Dec 04, 2013
Joeblis: guy download root browser then go to data/data and delete the com. Folder...in your case go to the root browser and delete the com.goolechrome folder reinstall,and your good to go

joeblis i wish u could help me too, my tecno pad is no longer auto playing when connected to my system despite that it is not on debugging mode. Moreover whats d use of rooting d tab i rooted mine but what do i do with the rooting, or whats the benefit of rooting.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by gykes(m): 4:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
Has airtel blocked their bis plan that works with this pad??
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by sironyeka: 3:56am On Dec 05, 2013
gykes: Has airtel blocked their bis plan that works with this pad??

no. at least not on mine. its what I'm posting with.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by spaceman(m): 6:31am On Dec 05, 2013
@Famiyo.
same question you should have asked before rooting.
Rooting gives you room to tamper with core settings of the device. It also I exposes the system to undue changes that can damage it easily if not well handled.
enjoy
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by heykims(m): 1:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
someone sud plz add me to bbm groups discussing android, data packages, cheats etc.
here is my bbm: 7C21E382
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by gykes(m): 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2013
sironyeka:

no. at least not on mine. its what I'm posting with.

Plz what's the code??
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by heykims(m): 8:13am On Dec 06, 2013
Hello, plz I av battery issue wt my phantom pad. the battery was at 50% wen I started charging nd d battery % just stopped at 80 nd didn't charge beyond even after several hours. I switched d phone on, started some activities on it nd d battery was depleting normally. I then rebooted it nd after it came on again, d battery was 36% different from d 76% it was before d reboot nd also depleting normally wt activities. I then connected it to a power source nd it began charging.
Plz I'm confused and afraid coz I bought d tab just about 6weeks ago, what to I do?

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Vicjay1(m): 8:55am On Dec 06, 2013
help. i charged dis battery for upto 8 hrs before it got to 76% . And when i unplugged it, before 1 hr it was remaining just 26% with just light surfing of net.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Hotdiamond(m): 8:55am On Dec 06, 2013
^^^^^^
. you have wrong battery calibration .

to fix it.

•drain your battery till the tablet gets off then
•power it on to confirm its totally drained.
• then charge it till 100%

do this procedure only once

your calibration should be back to normal.

tip: always charge your device only when it's low. like below 20%.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by tafrica(m): 9:12am On Dec 06, 2013
Please, who has laid hands on both A3 and N9....which one has better battery capacity?
What are the present prices of A3 and N9. Thanks
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by tecmacratic: 1:05pm On Dec 06, 2013
coolI really like this tecno n9,and i want to get one soon...but i like a lot of apps and games on my android devise....
PLS guys will this tab be able to run big profile android games like (amazing spiderman,and real racing-3)...and is the battery removableand hope it does not require resetting when crowded with apps...like my Lg thrill 4g does....whould like a reply soon guys thanks in advance....

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (66) (Reply)

How To Download Nigerian Nollywood Movies To Phone / Pc For Free / The Nokia Thread: 1.4 , 4.2, 5.1 Plus, 5.3, 6.1 Plus, 7.1, 7.2, 7 Plus , 8.3 etc / Infinix Hot 3 (X554) Official Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.