Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread - Phones (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (243180 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Tonielron: 3:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
My tecno n9 tablet got stucked in Hall switch testing mode. Pls how can i get out of it?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Hotdiamond(m): 5:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
Tonielron: My tecno n9 tablet got stucked in Hall switch testing mode. Pls how can i get out of it?
hall switch testing mode?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by ITbomb(m): 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2013
Hotdiamond: hall switch testing mode?
Hope u got my message , I needed to get the Tab for someone today or tomorrow
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Hotdiamond(m): 7:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
ITbomb:
Hope u got my message , I needed to get the Tab for someone today or tomorrow
i just replied.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by damerry(m): 1:48am On Dec 13, 2013
Why is nobody posting screenshots of games? Please help a brother. I want to know what gaming on this n9 looks like.
Plssssssss
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 13, 2013
Please does anybody know how to solve battery problem of this tablet apart from taking it to carlcare
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Hotdiamond(m): 9:40am On Dec 13, 2013
adegbem: Please does anybody know how to solve battery problem of this tablet apart from taking it to carlcare
what problem do you have with the battery
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by lakusi(m): 7:57am On Dec 14, 2013
Tecno Phantom Pad N9 for sale @ 28k #Negotiable ... Holla @ me on 08081234816 + Whatsapp too !!!
Reason for sale - Jux got a samsung galaxy core as a gift !!! cheesy grin
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Pstsmith(m): 9:11am On Dec 14, 2013
DISPLAY
the Tecno uses a 1024 x 768 (XGA) with IPS LCD display with a 4:3 screen orientation for the n9 pad. with the 8.0 inches, it gives you 160ppi pixel density (just below the iPad mini with 162ppi). it's just bright enough and very legible in bright places. the display gives you a great viewing experience.
the viewing angle is nice and wide which also another pro for this tablet. that's good news if you like watching movies with your friends.

CAMERA
the phantom n9 pad packs a 5.0MP rear camera and a 2.0MP front camera. the camera interface is just down to earth simple to use. it gave the basic modes ranging from panorama to hdr. images gotten from the camera was crisp and clear without noise . but you'll want to avoid shadier, darker environments, as i didn't have much luck in those conditions.

HARDWARE
the n9 pad has a slim light weight design at 352g it's comfortable to hold in one hand. At 9.9mm it's makes the tablet well balanced when handling.

The back is made of plastic and metal
and both the black And white versions handled fingerprinta with ease. it provides a decent grio o the device. so you won't drop it easily. there is a silvery metal line running round the tablet giving it a classic look.

There's no hardware Home button
below the display, as all three
capacitive buttons are integrated
into the screen.

just above the display you we have a 2.0MP camera to the left and a speaker phone(for calls) centrally located.

behind the tablet you have a 5.0MP Auto focus camera, a reset button and a speker grill.

the left side of the tablet is totally bare. on the right side we have the volume button, a single sim card slot and a a microsd card slot(which takes up to 32gb memory card.

on the top of the tablet you have the power button, 3.5mm headphone port, a micro USB port-which supports USBotg operations like support for game pads, external hdd, keyboard mouse and flash drives.

The n9 pad is a well built yet compact midsize tablet which has gives you a lot in terms of handling and portability . the low weight means that you'll have no problems with it in a casual setting.

SOFTWARE
the tecno n9 pad is powered by Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean out of the box with the stock Android software. but with availability of different launchers(like Nova launcher prime), the user experience can be enhanced. the n9 supports HDMI output via a mhl cable.
it also supports wireless output via if you have a dlna supported TVs or printers.

BATTERY LIFE
the tecno phantom n9 pad features a non Removable 4500mAh li-ion battery. I observed the battery.
it's lasts for up to 12+ hours on heavy browsing. but light usage to normal usage, you'd get up to 18-20hours.

standby time for the battery is more than two days.

PERFORMANCE
with a snappy 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and a PowerVR SGX544 GPU the tecno has no excuse not to jandle anything being thrown at it.

it handles graphic intensive games with ease. I've played nfs most wanted, pes13 visit ppsspp(psp emulator) and other common games. it did very well.
the processor boosts its network speed too. surfing the web with a good and snappy isp is a Very pleasant with the tablet.

video play is runs smoothly especially 720p videos.

camera samples and screen shots

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Pstsmith(m): 9:14am On Dec 14, 2013
more

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by finesthaykay(m): 10:29am On Dec 14, 2013
pls I need d code for activating airtel bis on ma phantom pad wit d procedure....Add me up on browsing n game cheats groups 7C635FAC
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by ekanDamie: 11:15am On Dec 14, 2013
Vic-jay:
pls help, my tab takes time like 10 hrs to get 70% and less than 2hrs to go down.

To say i thought i was the only one o, its safe to say that the tecno pad has battry issues. In nigeria we cant leave our fone to get to 20percnt before we charge na, cos we aint always sure of light. My own tab is off now sef, since my tab charger got blown, i tecnically do not have a fone anymore has other chargers take 8hrs+ of no touchin to get a full charge that drains in 3hrs.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Hotdiamond(m): 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2013
ekanDamie:

To say i thought i was the only one o, its safe to say that the tecno pad has battry issues. In nigeria we cant leave our fone to get to 20percnt before we charge na, cos we aint always sure of light. My own tab is off now sef, since my tab charger got blown, i tecnically do not have a fone anymore has other chargers take 8hrs+ of no touchin to get a full charge that drains in 3hrs.

if you must use a third party charger for the tecno n9 tablet. it must have at least a rating of 1500mA anything lower than that, you'll end up destroying the battery strength. thanks.

this is the reason some chargers do the charging job faster than others.

a low powered charger charges longer while a high powered charger charges quicker
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by tmtech: 12:22pm On Dec 14, 2013
Pls help,
I jst got N9 for a friend... the only issue so far is that the keyboard keep sounding even when av deactivated the touch sound.....Ñt's only go silent when i select silence as profile....pls aw do i activate the sound so when i type it won't sound ....
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Hotdiamond(m): 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
tm-tech:
Pls help,
I jst got N9 for a friend... the only issue so far is that the keyboard keep sounding even when av deactivated the touch sound.....Ñt's only go silent when i select silence as profile....pls aw do i activate the sound so when i type it won't sound ....
just go to Android keyboard settings and deactivate the sound on keypress.
that should do it.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by ekanDamie: 3:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hotdiamond:

if you must use a third party charger for the tecno n9 tablet. it must have at least a rating of 1500mA anything lower than that, you'll end up destroying the battery strength. thanks.

this is the reason some chargers do the charging job faster than others.

a low powered charger charges longer while a high powered charger charges quicker

Bro i agree wit u totally on the mah stuff. Well during the time i had no charger i was using a lower mah(BB charger) was slow to death. I bought a sony 1500mah,worked beta but still needed 8hrs of non touching charging to get a full charge from 20percnt. Tecno neither has the tabs battry/charger. Very sad.
Well bro the reset button u talked about dos it wipe off and data?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by heykims(m): 7:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
ekanDamie:

Bro i agree wit u totally on the mah stuff. Well during the time i had no charger i was using a lower mah(BB charger) was slow to death. I bought a sony 1500mah,worked beta but still needed 8hrs of non touching charging to get a full charge from 20percnt. Tecno neither has the tabs battry/charger. Very sad.
It amazes me when guys complain abt ow long it takes dem to charge their N9. For me, I use d charger dt came wt d pack nd in 4hrs max, my tab is completely charged from like 10%.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Pstsmith(m): 11:20pm On Dec 14, 2013
ekanDamie:

the reset button works like a battery-pull. nothing more. no data loss.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by pholareen1(m): 7:05am On Dec 15, 2013
Pstsmith: I rooted mine the day I got it, some apps that needs root access. almost two months now no regrets.

with the Tecno charger it takes approximately 3 hours to charge from 5% - 100%

@vic charge your tablet only when it's getting low. like 20%

Sorry, pls what launcher and font are you using. I am interested in that launcher or theme and font
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Hotdiamond(m): 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
pholareen.:

Sorry, pls what launcher and font are you using. I am interested in that launcher or theme and font
Nova launcher prime
nova glass theme
ifont Choco COOKY style
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by george1986: 1:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
adegbem: something smell creepy with this tablet ......need more review. I was going to buy f7 before but i will wait and see how much good this one is...abeg let contribute and weigh this phone

its a great affordable phone, worth the money
i have one myself

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by damerry(m): 2:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
Pls In what way is the newly released tecno pad p9 an improved version of the N9?

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Hotdiamond(m): 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
damerry: Pls In what way is the newly released tecno pad p9 an improved version of the N9?
just The smaller screen size and the flash for the rear camera
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by tecmacratic: 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
(PowerVR SGX544)PLEASE is this the GPU of this phone and does it really support TV out....would love a reply soon thanks...
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by wonuks(m): 10:24am On Dec 16, 2013
Please who has noticed the 'storage running out' in techno pad? And how do one solve this problem?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by bush4ker(m): 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2013
can i charge the tab and be using otg at same time?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Pstsmith(m): 7:48am On Dec 17, 2013
bush4ker: can i charge the tab and be using otg at same time?
no you can't do that. when the tab is on otg mode, it supplies power to the attached device.

tecmacratic: (PowerVR SGX544)PLEASE is this the GPU of this phone and does it really support TV out....would love a reply soon thanks...
it supports HDMI out put via a MHL CABLE

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by bush4ker(m): 7:55am On Dec 17, 2013
Pstsmith: no you can't do that. when the tab is on otg mode, it supplies power to the attached device.

it supports HDMI out put via a MHL CABLE

na wia to find mhl cable be d wahala
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Hotdiamond(m): 4:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
bush4ker: na wia to find mhl cable be d wahala
that's the only issue. where to find it. you can check online.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Vicjay1(m): 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
Pls help. My tab just went off. I was charging and using it as a wifi hotspot to my phone. I noticed dat d Wifi connection was lost on my phone. When i checked my tab, it was off. I tried putting it on nothing(not even d light dat blinks when d battery is down). I tried charging nothing showed. I even pressed d reset button all to no avail. Just barely 2 months i bought d tab.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (66) (Reply)

How To Download Nigerian Nollywood Movies To Phone / Pc For Free / Infinix Hot 3 (X554) Official Discussion Thread / The Nokia Thread: 1.4 , 4.2, 5.1 Plus, 5.3, 6.1 Plus, 7.1, 7.2, 7 Plus , 8.3 etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.