Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,151 members, 7,864,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:10 AM

University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread (138746 Views)

Ondo State Scholarship E-test 2014 Discussion Thread / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / Unilag pg 2014 Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by Coldplayz2(m): 12:14am On Sep 23, 2013
petertaiwo0:

Did you submit all your credentials including your transcript?

Yeah, my school should have forwarded my transcript to them. Though av submitted the other documents
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by Raymondeji(m): 4:29am On Sep 23, 2013
I applied for M.Sc. Public health in Epidemiology, pls if you applied for d same course, contact me on oladejiray@gmail.com
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by adefuyeyomi2404: 7:35am On Sep 23, 2013
Hello house,my transcript has nt been submitted frm my school bt l got a message reads eligibility:yes transcript: No
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by solajide: 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
i applied for Msc. Banking and Finance and i learnt its not academic but professional and that it will not be acceptable for PHD in UI. pls, can it be acceptable in other universities?
also, i submitted my app. form and credentials in july and my transcript over a month ago and my eligibility is yet to be determined
lastly, does anyone know if written or oral interview will be conducted for msc banking and finance.
Thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by augustinedozie(m): 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
solajide: i applied for Msc. Banking and Finance and i learnt its not academic but professional and that it will not be acceptable for PHD in UI. pls, can it be acceptable in other universities?
also, i submitted my app. form and credentials in july and my transcript over a month ago and my eligibility is yet to be determined
lastly, does anyone know if written or oral interview will be conducted for msc banking and finance.
Thanks
professional masters are nt used for phd anywhere in nigeria - i am nt sure if it is used outside nigeria either.
if u hav a professional masters degree and would like to go for phd, u would be required to bag an academic masters first (i.e, maters by course work) to be qualified.
regarding ur eligibity, i'll advise you check the requirements once again since u said u bought the form in an error thinking it was for academic masters when, in fact, it is nt. this is because, eligibilty for professional masters goes beyound ur first degree and o'level result. it includes working experience which varies from dept to dept but not less than two or three years working experience required (in most dept at least).
As to whether written or oral interview is to be conducted for ur discipline, u will hav to contact someone, preferably a banking and finance pg studeent, to be acquinted. but note that u have to write the english proficiency test.
Thanks.
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by augustinedozie(m): 6:25pm On Sep 23, 2013
solajide: i applied for Msc. Banking and Finance and i learnt its not academic but professional and that it will not be acceptable for PHD in UI. pls, can it be acceptable in other universities?
Thanks
professional masters are nt used for phd anywhere in nigeria - i am nt sure if it is used outside nigeria either.
if u hav a professional masters degree and would like to go for phd, u would be required to bag an academic masters first (i.e, maters by course work) to be qualified.
regarding ur eligibity, i'll advise you check the requirements once again since u said u bought the form in an error thinking it was for academic masters when, in fact, it is nt. this is because, eligibilty for professional masters goes beyound ur first degree and o'level result. it includes working experience which varies from dept to dept but not less than two or three years working experience required (in most dept at least).
As to whether written or oral interview is to be conducted for ur discipline, u will hav to contact someone, preferably a banking and finance pg studeent, to be acquinted. but note that u have to write the english proficiency test.
Thanks.
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by Coldplayz2(m): 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
adefuyeyomi2404: Hello house,my transcript has nt been submitted frm my school bt l got a message reads eligibility:yes transcript: No

please when did you get ur message, am still yet to get mine... and i have submitted all documents including my transcript. what can i do please?
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by adefuyeyomi2404: 7:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hello house, pls someone shd help me translate dis.UI postgraduate sent me a message reads: Degree/cert :ST, pls wat is d meaning.
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by augustinedozie(m): 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
adefuyeyomi2404: Hello house, pls someone shd help me translate dis.UI postgraduate sent me a message reads: Degree/cert :ST, pls wat is d meaning.
it means statement of result. u submitted ur statement of result as against the certificate, right?
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by emmahoney(m): 8:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
adefuyeyomi2404: Hello house, pls someone shd help me translate dis.UI postgraduate sent me a message reads: Degree/cert :ST, pls wat is d meaning.
.ST means statement of result. It shows that u submitted ur degree statement of result in place of degree certificate. Just work on how to get ur degree cert.
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by lizzy8(f): 9:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
My eligibility has not been determined and I have submitted all the documents. The last update I got showed eligibility: Not yet determined. Anybody having such prob?
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by petertaiwo0: 10:10pm On Sep 23, 2013
House Please including the current Post graduate students of university of ibadan: is it true that if someone eligibility is not determine such person will not be call for the entrance exam. My eligibility has not been determine
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by petertaiwo0: 10:18pm On Sep 23, 2013

Bro is your O'level now determine Yes or No? Pls I need a fast response and did you submit your o level with the deficiency in chemistry
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by Ruthok(f): 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2013
My eligibility has not yet been determined and I've submitted all required document. Still waiting...
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by solajide: 1:01pm On Sep 24, 2013
augustinedozie:
Thanks.

I really appreciate ur response.
Pls, I don't really understand 'masters by coursework' could you expatiate please?
secondly, if one is not eligible, don't they state it in d person's profile or e-mail?
thirdly, I have ICAN but I didn't state my working experience because I thought it could disqualify me because its a full time prog., do I stand a little chance?
thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by instaforexngr(m): 2:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
pls when and where is the test for english taking place?
i need to know the date pls?
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by augustinedozie(m): 3:08pm On Sep 24, 2013
solajide:

I really appreciate ur response.
Pls, I don't really understand 'masters by coursework' could you expatiate please?
secondly, if one is not eligible, don't they state it in d person's profile or e-mail?
thirdly, I have ICAN but I didn't state my working experience because I thought it could disqualify me because its a full time prog., do I stand a little chance?
thanks
masters by course work otherwise called academic masters involves more of classroom work with courses to study and pass, and a research project at the end of the programme. but professional masters is purely research based with little or no course work (i doubt if there is any classroom work)
to ur second question, if ur nt eligible u will be notified. it will show in ur application acct.
as regards ican, stating it in ur application is, to me, a plus. there is a provision for every candidate to state additional info relevant to his or her application. i surely believe having ican and any other professional qualifications relevant to banking and finance is a requisite for one's eligiblity in professional masters in baniking and finance. even if u are working it will nt deny u getting admission as long as u provide evidence showing u arent working any longer.
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by adefuyeyomi2404: 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2013
Gud Afternoon Petertaiwo,I submitted my o'l level result without chemistry. UI postgraduate sent a message o'level:Yes, Eligibility:Yes.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by Dermie: 7:57am On Sep 28, 2013
Pls, is the form still out?
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by Ruthok(f): 12:02pm On Sep 28, 2013
Thk God my eligibility has been determined. Let them announce d date 4 d exam oo. I just want 2 knw. Enuf of d suspense joor
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by petertaiwo0: 6:37pm On Sep 28, 2013
Dermie: Pls, is the form still out?

No
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by Coldplayz2(m): 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2013
Ruthok: Thk God my eligibility has been determined. Let them announce d date 4 d exam oo. I just want 2 knw. Enuf of d suspense joor

Still awaiting my own eligibility confirmation
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by Ruthok(f): 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2013
@coldplazz, I'm sure urs will be determined soon.
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by augustinedozie(m): 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2013
there are evidences to show the eng test is close by...a lot of them!
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
augustinedozie: there are evidences to show the eng test is close by...a lot of them!

What are the evidences? Could you explain further??
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by phera4u(m): 6:34pm On Sep 29, 2013
Pls does anyone knw if electrical & electronics engineering applicants will b writing any test, other than d proficiency in english test?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by phera4u(m): 6:44pm On Sep 29, 2013
adefuyeyomi2404: Gud Afternoon Petertaiwo,I submitted my o'l level result without chemistry. UI postgraduate sent a message o'level:Yes, Eligibility:Yes.
i also got an Eligibility: Yes email even when my Transcript n NYSC Certificate are yet 2 b summited. Am so happy, i pray Unical deliver my transcript soon. My NYSC certificate wil b ready by febuary.
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by solajide: 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
pls, does anyone have an idea whether banking and finance applicants will attend an interview or write any exam aside the English proficiency exam? thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by solajide: 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
pls, has anyone from banking and finance gotten a 'yes' for eligibility?
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by molue27: 8:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
Good Day House, I got a mail saying I should go online and reprint my application form as a result of modification made on d application which I never made. I hope it doesn't include Transcript n referee forms ?
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by Godschild2(m): 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
molue27: Good Day House, I got a mail saying I should go online and reprint my application form as a result of modification made on d application which I never made. I hope it doesn't include Transcript n referee forms ?

Nope, it doesn't. Its only your application form.
Re: University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread by molue27: 11:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
Thanks @Gods - child.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (43) (Reply)

Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron Admission Application / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) / Delta State University, Abraka 2014/2015 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.