Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,659 members, 7,958,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:47 AM

Why Is June 12 So Important To The South West? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is June 12 So Important To The South West? (995 Views)

Aregbesola: Today Is June 30 / M.K.O Abiola And June 12 / Is June 12 Worth All The Noise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is June 12 So Important To The South West? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
We all know the history of June 12.
How IBB (the gap toothed con man) annulled the best ever elections held in Nigeria (by the ingenuity of H. Nwosu). Nigerians were angry about annulment, but the real protests was at the South West.
Why South West? The winner was M.K.O Abiola, who was from the south West.
So, while IBB robbed the whole Nigeria, it soon became a south west affair.

Ever since that unfortunate annulment, every June 12 is marked and remembered!
Yet, the remembrance is spearheaded by the South west, the rest of Nigerians only observe!
My question is, why is June 12 very important to the Yoruba nation?
How come that is is only in the core Yoruba states that we are having public holidays?
How come that the North East, North West, North Central, South East and South South are not marking June 12 with the same passion?

The answer is not far fetched:
it is merely a Yoruba affair because MKO was Yoruba.
If MKO was South East or South South, it would had been a South East or South South affair.

OBJ was begged to become president to compensate the Yoruba Nation over MKO. The North colonial masters "released" power to South West for a "season". Unfortunately, that season is yet to be over.

If MKO was from the North and the election was annulled by a southerner, Boko Haram would had started in 1993.

Anyway, what I want to point out is that June 12 is another pointer to the unfortunate divide in Nigeria.
June 12 reminds us that we are not "one".

May 29 is democracy day for Nigeria, while June 12 is one for the children of Odudua.
We have a law that governs us as a Nation, but the North has a different law that governs them.
While some people are paid so they can go to school, others do pay through their noses in other to go to school.

If we are one, then we all ought to be celebrating June 12 or we all would have forgotten.
Wisdom is asking us, to put away all hypocrisy and stay apart a little.

We can either come together now and negotiate Nigeria or continue to pretend that we are one.
I wish the Odudua nation a happy June 12 Day.

1 Like

Re: Why Is June 12 So Important To The South West? by madamoringo(f): 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
I pity your son who you pathetically complained could not get enough marks to be admitted like the folks in Gombe! He wil be the chief tribalist and bigot after having the misfortune of a man like you as his father!!
Re: Why Is June 12 So Important To The South West? by Ngwakwe: 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2013
You never wanted to reason with his article because of the same reason he stated.

Just watching Nairaland so acclaimed Intellectuals deceiving themselves and the gullible.

Nigerian Unity is up for negotiation but for now Fashola will tell you to go back to your village for good if you can't live by his terms.

madam_oringo: I pity your son who you pathetically complained could not get enough marks to be admitted like the folks in Gombe! He wil be the chief tribalist and bigot after having the misfortune of a man like you as his father!!
Re: Why Is June 12 So Important To The South West? by Geomac: 7:57pm On Jun 11, 2013
@OP, you have spoken very well, but i hate 'IF'.
Re: Why Is June 12 So Important To The South West? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
madam_oringo: I pity your son who you pathetically complained could not get enough marks to be admitted like the folks in Gombe! He wil be the chief tribalist and bigot after having the misfortune of a man like you as his father!!

Hahahahahahahahaha.

It is either you are so poor in your mental ability to comprehend simple logic or you are simply mischievous! But me thinks is more or the former than the later.

Did you say I was complaining that my son could get enough marks to be admitted like folks in Gombe? Despite all my efforts to explain my position? Did you pass simple comprehension or were you a product of "quota"?

You think I am a tribalism? I cant but have a very good laugh. What is your reason if I may ask?
I am stating the obvious. I am stating the facts without fear or favour. The fact that you find it difficult to make a meaningful contribution will not deter me. You can throw as much tantrums as you like, but the fact still remains that i stand to be corrected on the points I raised.

And if you cant counter them, I advice you respect your lack of manners and simply keep quiet.
This is a public arena!

1 Like

Re: Why Is June 12 So Important To The South West? by ACM10: 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2013

Attack the message not the messenger. cool
Re: Why Is June 12 So Important To The South West? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ngwakwe: You never wanted to reason with his article because of the same reason he stated.

Just watching Nairaland so acclaimed Intellectuals deceiving themselves and the gullible.

Nigerian Unity is up for negotiation but for now Fashola will tell you to go back to your village for good if you can't live by his terms.

I have concluded that nation building in Nigeria is a mirage, if these folks are the species we have reason with. The worst part of it is, they can't even have the courtesy of simple logic, it is either they are abusing or cursing or vomiting obscenities, not minding that this is a public place.

It is well my brother.

(1) (Reply)

Pdp To Fire National Chairman / Professor Wole Soyinka Is A Mad Empty Prof-gumsu Abacha / Asari Explodes Over New University: I Don't Owe The Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.