Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,246 members, 7,829,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City (19139 Views)

Governor Fayose Spotted Riding Okada In Ekiti (photos) / Federal Government Bans Okada (motorcycle Transportation) Across Nigeria / Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by esiri4jesu(m): 9:12am On Jun 12, 2013
This is a wrong approach to menace of criminals in the state. Is like the government is treating the sypmtoms rather than treating the cause.Does the government know the maniflod effect of this decision.Bike spare part sellers and bike sellers are out of business. What about the okada rider that takes care of his family with the proceeds from okada riding and those that use okada as personal means of movement.
Our security agents should be given the enabling tools to function as expected. All governement policies on national identity card, drivers lisence, vehicle registration etc should be activated and made to address the puopose for this current changes. A comprehensive data base of all nigerians should be available to security agents, this will fast track the apprehension of crimainals.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by thelastPope(m): 9:12am On Jun 12, 2013
eddyland:
na wah o, as Adams has nw bannd okada in Benin, was dier anytim he mentiond dat d ban is 4 both private nd comercial. Wen dey say ban on okada, we al undastud wht dey meant. So wen u say okada obey trafic rules in uyo, wht do u want ppl 2 think in relation 2 d topic of d thread being discussd. So u can carefuly luk at d topic of discusion onece again.

I responded to the guy who responded to my post about Uyo. You didnt read it but just quoted it and commented off point. Please always follow a discussion before you comment.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by aljharem(m): 9:12am On Jun 12, 2013
Doing the samething and expecting a different result. How do you expect to grow economically with okada
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 12, 2013
THE QUESTION I WILL ASK YOU PEOPLE SAYING OKADA IS KILLING

WHY DO PEOPLE STILL SMOKE CIGAR AFTER THE WARNING IN THE ADVERT?

BECAUSE CIGAR NA WHITE MAN PRODUCT?

KIDNAPPING WILL INCREASE IN THE AREA.

FEW MONTH AGO A RELATIVE OF MY FRIEND WAS KIDNAPPED IN BENIN AND A RANSOM OF 10MILLION WAS PAID.
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by Francoolee(m): 9:21am On Jun 12, 2013
No be okada, adams papa take send am to school, nw he has forgot that. He nw ban them.
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by Youngzedd(m): 9:34am On Jun 12, 2013
Okay now , let's wait and see what our Governot Mr Peter Obi will do in Onitsha.

Next city will be Onitsha.
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by solomon111(m): 9:39am On Jun 12, 2013
alj harem: Doing the samething and expecting a different result. How do you expect to grow economically with okada
Tell me how okada stunt economic growth,you this bigoted brain-dead aboki.
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by Oahray: 9:41am On Jun 12, 2013
Francoolee: No be okada, adams papa take send am to school, nw he has forgot that. He nw ban them.
or maybe he really didn't go school grin
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by loswhite(m): 9:47am On Jun 12, 2013
Pvt. Parts:
Why won't he?

When he has a helicopter packed at state house waiting to pick him up to any where which has been fully paid by tax payer's money.

The problem with the black man is how he easily forgot where he came from and the total lack of empathy to his fellow man.
pls there is no place 4 okada in modern transportation . I understand that it is goin to be difficult, but sun of dis decision has to be made in other to achieve the much needed development that we clamor 4
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by sylve11: 9:53am On Jun 12, 2013
paulasweet: Last pope is totally right. Young boys riding okada in benin are abokis.

. . .i know what the young guys prefers, and also the young chicks. grin cool
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by loswhite(m): 9:53am On Jun 12, 2013
oseiwe: The ban of okada is a 2nd term syndrome.
Adams is definitely not a man of his words.
i don't expect u to understand him, because u r not in his position. It is easy to sit down and type on naira land, but Js knw dat sum of dis decision r not easy to make 4 dem but they have to even tho it bothers them.
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by dodo77: 9:56am On Jun 12, 2013
i remember few months ago when Gov Adams was interviwed on channels tv. he said he will not ban okada in the state because it is a source of income for some people. his words: "if there are 4000 okada riders in edo state and there is need for me to ban okada i need to provide another 4000 jobs to take care of these people". so why did he have to ban okada without providing jobs for the people affected?
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by gebest: 10:06am On Jun 12, 2013
OSHIOBABA YOU DON FALL MY HAND
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by Liverpoolfc(m): 10:09am On Jun 12, 2013
KokoBeware: Reminds me of this thread....

https://www.nairaland.com/1099419/oshiomhole-cant-ban-okada-he
oshio is now @ the phase of governance they were then. It takes just time and power to know a man, not what he does when @ a low state or @ the mercy of another man
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by cupid4ig(m): 10:11am On Jun 12, 2013
baby_123:

I probably know Benin more than you. Lastpope, your argument is even defeated by the picture attached to this post. Liar like you. SMH! You want ot bring age sentiment into this. angry
u are the one who is lyin look at the picture very well and tell me did u see any young boy in that pic? pls go sww an optician
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 12, 2013
thelastPope:

You are a liar. Where do you know in Benin? If you know Benin, then you will know the average Benin boy will not want to ride Okada. Benin people are very proud people. So many of the okada riders are elderly people above 50 years. You that has never gone past ore, claiming you know Benin
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 12, 2013
abeg thelastpope or thelastpastor let person hear word, y claimin wat u dnt knw? who told most okada riders re old men? If u must knw most okada riders in benin re mostly young guyz, i grow up in benin n am stil living here, there notin i dnt knw abt beni
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by emekarl4u: 10:29am On Jun 12, 2013
The gorv. in question should make provision for the citizen b4 stopping the OkADA personnel.
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by Blissbrain(m): 10:32am On Jun 12, 2013
Alrite, okada dis okada dat!!!!!, d truth is dat baning okada is nt a problem but wat wil hapen 2 dos who mk a living frm it??, it was done in warri n alot went into taxi biz bt odas are big time criminals
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by iyobs7(f): 11:47am On Jun 12, 2013
I once attacked Oshomhole in one of the threads on nairaland, well I havnt changed my opinion about his as bein clueless and a pretentious being and a smooth criminal. Dez okada riders were solidly behind him during his tryin times at the tribunal, he promised NO TICKET for the Okada riders or atleast, the fees wil be reduced to its barest minimum bt months later bike men particularly refuse to take any passenger to the bk of Oba mkt cos of the numb of tickets bein given to them there, atleast 3 or 4 diff tickets, even front of Abuma at ringrd are no go areas.
That aside, is there any particular road in Benin that we can compare to the 6 lanes and 8 expressway look alike lanes we have in Lagos and Abuja that we are now so afraid of accidents in Benin that warrants this stoppage?
2. How does one kidnap someone and ride them on Okada without being seen or caught?
3. Does benin has that bus or taxi service that will navigate through Ugbowo>Federal Rd (Osasogie)>Bdpa>Uwagboe>Technical Rd? Becos dez roads are most times only accesible by bikes.
We all need to be sincere to ourselves, is this what we really need in Benin now? Lets remove sentiments abeg.
He knows he isnt coming back for a third term and there ix no need to pretend anymore so alas we can really see who he truly is. OSHOMHOLE OR NO OSHOMHOLE, POLITICIANS ARE POLITICIANS.
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by kolamilan(m): 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
they are banning everything and they are not creating any job rubbish .
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by juman(m): 1:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
alj harem: Good. I have always said it that okada issue needs to be sorted out. okada is too dangerous and promotes intellectual laziness.

Nobody like driving the dangerous okada but getting any better job is difficult.
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by bloggernaija: 1:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
Okada na lazy man business.tell everybody to go back to their farms
Whenever those politician distribute okada /keke napep, it show a lack of mental capacity and intellectual laziness to deal with the serious problems afflicting the country.
Better to train as tailor,mechanic,bricklayer ,plumber ,cobbler,welder etc.these are more socially useful.
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by berryify: 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
Oshiomhole after promising you were never going to Bans Okada in edo state but now you go back on your words... Me am beginning to doubt this APC as a party because they might be worst than PDP let's watch it so don't bring in the wrong people into power.. Party that makes life so difficult for its citizens...
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by donodion(m): 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
Shwepppzzz, come wetin do bros adams naa? for my state you wan ban okada? dey crazzzzzzze. How we go take raise pehpeh go abroad go hustle?? ok when boyz begin hit banks and bureau de change, make adams no complain o.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by stanech: 6:27pm On Jun 12, 2013
He used to distribut helmet for them....

Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by Mylove55(f): 6:54pm On Jun 12, 2013
BarryX: Now the last city hope of the Okada business has been shattered, Osho Baba you fall my hand, the trekking for Benin no go easy oooo!
trek,to make u healthy,or leave benin to other 15 local govt area.
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by Mylove55(f): 7:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
Lusaint: Was it nt dis man dat said he wount ban okada ridin in his state?
yes,but he didn't say crime should increase.Gej said he wil declare war on boko haram but when d going goes tough,he change his mind,so oshio also change his mind.
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by adconline(m): 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
alj harem: Thelastpope and co are either dishonest or just acting silly. We have washed this issue time and time again about this silly okada craze you are support now

1. Why would a pensioner start riding okada knowing the danger it carries a long. Also why would a sane passenger allow a pensioner to carry him or her. That is the dumbest decision of death one can make.

2. You all talk of them not having alternative ? That is another non intellectual point. Choices are made by one if you make it available. There are still skills a 60 or 70 years old person can do without endangering the lives of themselves and others. Moreover here in lagos most pensioners either sit home and enjoy there pension, go to old people homes or start trade with the little capital they have. Go to sabo and see pensioners trade for leisure and earn cash .

3. You talk of crime increase ? Really so is okada riding an alternative to unemployed youths ? A man in his 20's riding okada shows the state of the mind of nigerian youths. Image an educated person like thelastpope, supereagle and co supporting such and yet think they have made a point shows how the future of nigeria would be.

4. An unemployed youth can pick up a skill and start something small and watch how opportunities come out. Okada cannot hold or be an alternative to the transport issues of a great nation like nigeria. That is a fact

I am using a phone and normally don't reply to such but I believe if some nairalanders are thinking like illiterates with no brain, we baby 123 and co need to put them a right.

Typos and co please bare in mind

What have u done? How many people have u employed? How many companies have u started? How many skills have u taught peeps? Talk is cheap as air, but getting it done will cost a lot of money.
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by aljharem(m): 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2013
adconline:

What have u done? How many people have u employed? How many companies have u started? How many skills have u taught peeps? Talk is cheap as air, but getting it done will cost a lot of money.

I agree with you but I also mentioned trade. Okada cannot be the retirement investment of a senior citizen of our country.
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by joewee87: 10:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
I think what the government ought to have done is fore-warn the masses and prepare a fall-back plan for both the riders and the passengers. The rate of unemployment has risen and the potential of increased crime is also high, which is what they are so called trying to avoid. The government needs to put the interest of the people at heart.
Re: Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City by Revolva(m): 3:24am On Jun 13, 2013
baby_123: Its better jare, let them go and enter skills acquisition center. Benin has a large population of artisans. Let them go and learn a trade. Okada is terrible. He can give the indegines loan to buy keke na pep. Or give them casual/manual labor opportunity like Fashola is doing for the ones working on the rail line in Lagos.

you are an idiot for saying this...let them go and learn to be artisan..you think its everybody that has such talent to carve woods or the patience....dont you know that these okada riders are students also.. and peoples father...many even have Bsc...or some have been retrenched from civil service.. and used their last money to get an Okada to keep body and soul...

the problem with our government..is that they dont ut solution to problems before banning things...had it been edo state..has a lotta manufacturing industires...where people can work 9 - 5 ..that will bring some relief.. and again agriculture is dead there the oil palm resort is nothing to write home about... and all Oshiomole knows....is t bann Okada the main stay of the citizens...where will they go now...Lagos..naaahh they will still face the same..some how..Nigeria is becoming a very very very very useless useless bastard bastard country....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‎FINALLY!!!! APC Owns Up, Says, Our First Steps In Office Created Problems / I Will Work Against APC Governorship Candidate - Amosun Vows / Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.