Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,517 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? (16095 Views)

Riot In Lasu ... SUG Protesting Against Lagos Agberos / Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] / Fire Outbreak In University Of Uyo female hostel . (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
Marine*etyon:
My uniuyo!!! My alma mata i cry for thee.
3 students confirmed death...
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by fashrola(m): 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2013
pendusky:
Uniuyo Its a Federal Univesity one of the best in Nigeria, they have a State own university, a polytechnic, COE, Colege of Art and Science, 3 Private poly, a Private University(Obong University)...etc

AND the only IMO recognized Specialized Seafarer's Institution in West Africa Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron

3 Likes

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Xtranoble: 8:38pm On Jun 12, 2013
Too sad that two uniuyo students have fallen to the ever trigger happy policemen
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by godonzoki(m): 8:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
OmG, here r latest pix from d uniuyo riot.

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Omen100(m): 8:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
Don't the Nigerian police have limit to what they can do? Or For what reason do they have to fire live ammunition at armedless protesting Students or when has protesting become an avenue for the Nigerian police to shot at armedless protesting Nigerian Students at will?

I am so pained that I have to ask this simple question, where does our priorities lies as Government, as the govern, security operatives, as religious leaders/ followers, as students, as professionals, as opinion givers/ receivers, as stakeholders, as parent/ as someone child or children because it is becoming obvious that, that which is ahead of us may consume us all if care is not taken & I know, the religious ones will say God forbid, we will pray over it or handed it over to God, but as a realist, I must say it the way it should be said, that if something is not quickly done to avert it now, it may be too late.

The blood of the innocent Nigerians killed unjustly are seeking for justice because its is not peculiar to a particular geographical location but, from North to South & from West to East, Nigerians are being killed unjustly.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Navyguy(m): 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
tellwisdom: Does UYO have university?? sad

ure not serious,,,,, leave that bush n come to light [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by tobao(m): 9:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
Les: it has noting to do with cultism, if you come to uniuyo and its environs, u'll see a massive smoke, alot of places have been burnt down, dat student above was truly killed by d police. It was a peaceful protest till DAT BARTADS OF A NIGERIAN POLICE RETARDS SHOT AN INNOCENT PROTESTING STUDENTS the riot escalated to other parts of uyo and everybody was running, you'll tink dat it's war.... Only God knew dat if I didn't have an elderly relative in uyo here and I have a gun of my own, I promise dat dead guy dat i'll revenge his death with not less than 5police men's life. I HATE 9JA, I HATE THERE POLICE, I HATE THERE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM, I HATE WHY AM A NIGERIAN. And as I type this, i just heard 12gunshots, the students have no gun, it's from d police killing innocent students.... I swear, some ppl will burn more than others in hell!
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Udpconcept(m): 9:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
3 students guned down by d police and d VC office burned by protesting student
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by pendusky(m): 9:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
fashrola:

AND the only IMO recognized Specialized Seafarer's Institution in West Africa Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron
thanks didnt remember that.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2013
it wasn't the students who burnt the buildings..boko haram did :Dit wasn't the students who burnt the buildings..boko haram did
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by buoye1(m): 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
metti: tongue tongue

What has this your comment got to do with the on going riot? Must you comment?
grin
metti: tongue tongue

What has this your comment got to do with the on going riot? Must you comment?
......Nt only dt he shld set up a committee to look into d matter
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Infamous(m): 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
swiftrobin: it wasn't the students who burnt the buildings..boko haram did :Dit wasn't the students who burnt the buildings..boko haram did
Which kind dirty joke be that one?!!! People are serious talking about happenings and you are here releasing bullshit from your brains. That shows your brain is full of shit.
The guy in the pic was well known to me (a colleague), and such things as the one you uploaded are what I consider as an insult to him. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by snazzykares: 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
very true its a pity but why ? my question goes why is there always trouble when women are the head.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Reyspin(m): 9:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
Wotz happening to d education sector of Nigeria? Primary school teachers on strike, polytechnic staffs on strike, some universities are closed down cos of riots and killings of student....

Don't these people care about Nigeria's tomorrow?? Or is this a calculated attempt to keep us in the dark so as to still rule and pass it on to their Children

1 Like

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Yenex(f): 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
swiftrobin: it wasn't the students who burnt the buildings..boko haram did :Dit wasn't the students who burnt the buildings..boko haram did
can you shut the fu*k up?always think b4 you post sh*t...this guys did this for a reason and not u boko boys dat gat no reason 4 shedin innocent blood...awa ikpa bois mak una cool down smal nw embarassed

1 Like

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by AmicableEd: 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
DynamicGod: Oh my Uniuyo! My Alma-mata na wa o. May God not 4give Prof. Comfort Ekpo for her poor leadership style in that very school. Prof. Akaneren Essien, u remained d best VC Uniuyo has ever had. Rip to d deceased.
Prof Akaneren is even the cause of all this because he forced her on d council...i already knw she was a failure 4 removing summer
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
Mehn, its not a sight to behold...

Exams and Records gone down.

Two hommies down (RIP),

Civil defense shooting at ekpanya street,

Police cracked gun at us at the Ikpa Road Roundabout,

Thank God for the road that leads to Itam junction...I am spEechless.

Under previous administration, I didn't experience any riot...and I haven't been cleared..

Its well!
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by DGranite(m): 9:59pm On Jun 12, 2013
u dnt av to advertise ur ignorance or ill manners
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Eseharrison(m): 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
It's unfortunate that what started out as a peaceful protest has escalated to this proportion. I schooled in a military school and although I was trained to shoot life bullet we had what was called 'blank armo'. I A̶̲̥̅ṁ̭ of D̶̲̥̅̊ opinion that security operataives be it D̶̲̥̅̊ nigerian police or D̶̲̥̅̊ nscdc(of whom I don't understand their job description) should be drilled extensively on D̶̲̥̅̊ rules of engagement epecially with unarmed civilians. If need be that a warning shot be fired then 'blank armo' be used. May D̶̲̥̅̊ soul of D̶̲̥̅̊ fallen student rest in peace. God dey[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
Vc's Office on fire.

1 Like

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by metti(m): 10:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
mascot87:
Go to hell Mr man,who care about you?Dont know you and don't wish to cos you suck, see who is an elder? Poor toddler talking like a reasonable goat grin, I advice you to stop d control P combination on your keyboard

All the insults goes to the oldest person in your family!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Crixina(f): 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2013
dude like seriously?
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by metti(m): 10:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
mascot87:
Go to hell Mr man,who care about you?Dont know you and don't wish to cos you suck, see who is an elder? Poor toddler talking like a reasonable goat grin, I advice you to stop d control P combination on your keyboard

All the insults goes to the oldest person in your family!!!!!!!!!!
It is very easy to know a child who is not well trained!
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
June 12, a very memorable day in the hearts of Uniuyo students.

Uniuyo Vc's office on fire. What a pity for service awaiting students
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
hmmm, this is serious, already here on NL
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2013
STREAM AND DOWNLOAD UR FAVOURITE FOOTBALL MATCHES HERE FOR FREE http://primesoccer..com/p/football-highlights.html
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by remmyud(m): 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2013
†ђξ story is clearer now,,,its realy a pity τ̅нατ̅ nig police still shoot at students,,,'†ђξ killer has tried so mch...wats he waiting for,he shld b deployed to maiduguri immediately...nonsense!!! Na naija we dey...y dd †ђξ VC run 2 abuja?? She shld v stayed n wait 4 her own death,,coward!!!!
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Crixina(f): 10:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
[quote author=realities.com][/quote]na wah o,this one no follow o,no be hall 3 wey fire burn some years back be this,e no follow for today riot abeg.

1 Like

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by remmyud(m): 10:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
†ђξ story is clearer now,,,its realy a pity τ̅нατ̅ nig police still shoot at students,,,'†ђξ killer has tried so mch...wats he waiting for,he shld b deployed to maiduguri immediately...nonsense!!! Na naija we dey...y dd †ђξ VC run 2 abuja?? She shld v stayed n wait 4 her own death,,coward!!!!
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Dayjhihannon01(m): 10:23pm On Jun 12, 2013
Lordsocrates: It is a pity dat police culd shoot tear gases in2 d female hostel, causin tramplin n stampede as evri1 aimed 4 d door 2 go out in1 piece. Wen d civil defence are on d offence, shootin guns n tear gases at random. Whr do we run to ?
Chei, Oga @ d top with anoda misap, I can tell, so its NSCDC again... May dia strugling soul RIP.. Felt for dem.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Nedu31(m): 10:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
Chai! This remind me of the Great 'OMBATSE' Sect. I wish there is a nasarawa Eggon person in that school,who is a member of Great OMBATSE,he could have shown these killers(Nigerian Police) how to play the game.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-OOU VC, Tunji Oyeneye Dies At 67, With Remains Buried Yesterday. / WAEC Result: Meaning Of Held, Witheld, Outstanding Or No Result Issue / Anambra, Enugu, Lagos Produce Best Pupils In NECO Common Entrance Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.