Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? (16092 Views)

Riot In Lasu ... SUG Protesting Against Lagos Agberos / Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] / Fire Outbreak In University Of Uyo female hostel . (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Infamous(m): 10:29pm On Jun 12, 2013
Crixina: na wah o,this one no follow o,no be hall 3 wey fire burn some years back be this,e no follow for today riot abeg.
Omoh I think say na only me see that pic. Me sef tire for some people o. Kai. Na so for one site like that I see say them dey refer to burning main gate in the pic as VC's lodge. I no fit laugh cos I dey vex
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Mblem(m): 10:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
GOD help us..... esp batch B ooo i cant wait againnnnn ,,,,,,,damn!!!

1 Like

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by tellwisdom: 10:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
See all the dog eaters springing out sad
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Mblem(m): 10:38pm On Jun 12, 2013
checkout dat my first pix..... na hall 6 be dat abi no be vc's office be dat....seeing is beliving set of people why cant u go dere tomoro n witness it by urself.... make u see urself with handcuff

2 Likes

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by searay(m): 10:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
Hmmmmmm. I thought this was a minor one, so this is how it ended.
Too bad KC is gone. RIP Kingsley.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Realculture(m): 10:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
Oh lord have mercy...i feel so sad about this kind of News
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Xtranoble: 11:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
MODE,'''''''THE TITLE OF THIS POST SHOULD BE MODIFIED. ITS BEEN CONFIRMED. KC IS DEAD AND GONE., JUST LIKE THAT.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by LizyL: 11:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
Nigeria is a sad place.

1 Like

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
Was any part of PREFAB also on fire?

When I arrived campus, Foodies and other shops were closed including the banks, I took it lightly because last year's protest ended peacefully...until the unexpected happended.

RIP Hommies! **hats off**
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by saintandsinnerz: 11:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
Really terrible that police will shoot live bullets to protesters just to quell them! Again, in as much as we are blaming the Nigerian police for their trigger happiness, we should also look at the conduct of students during riots. Most times students are overzealous in their protests and usually cause chaos in the process, and many times, protest that normally starts peaceful are usually hijacked by criminally minded students. And when the police are invited to restore order, you will see some students even going to the extent of trying to disarm an armed police officer! once again, It is a shame the poor students lost their lives for nothing, I will like to implore the IG to investigate this and bring the murder police officer(s) to justice. Lastly, students should learn how to be responsible in their protests, they should use more of solidarity songs,placards and dialogue to drive home their point rather than retorting violent protest.

2 Likes

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by bahlow: 11:53pm On Jun 12, 2013
Haaa, it pains me a lot cus dat z d institution I wish to apply for Direct entry. Bt Uniuyo student shudnt av protest@ all cus cannt dey rmber Nasarawa state univer incidence? Don't dey value der life? What will happen to does parent whose wards are dead during d protest? D student shud av burnt d Vc alive cus she suppose to apply wisdom as a mother nd also d head of d institutn. What pains me most is after sm month dey will re open d skul....Nigeria system of Educatn is nothn to write home abt.... I dey vex!
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Fussbot: 12:07am On Jun 13, 2013
bahlow: Haaa, it pains me a lot cus dat z d institution I wish to apply for Direct entry. Bt Uniuyo student shudnt av protest@ all cus cannt dey rmber Nasarawa state univer incidence? Don't dey value der life? What will happen to does parent whose wards are dead during d protest? D student shud av burnt d Vc alive cus she suppose to apply wisdom as a mother nd also d head of d institutn. What pains me most is after sm month dey will re open d skul....Nigeria system of Educatn is nothn to write home abt.... I dey vex!
u must be kidding with dis ur grammar...rit?
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Johnsmartinyang(m): 12:47am On Jun 13, 2013
Some of the slain engineering student shot and killed by overzelous men in black and d burnt vcs office

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by 99cent: 3:01am On Jun 13, 2013
Inik: From what i gathered the riot began as a protest by engineering students protesting against the monetization of the school bus shuttle.[b] The school moved the engineering faculty and the faculty of sciences from the town campus to the permanent site at Nsukara offot. The distance between the two locations is very far. Before now the school provides buses that shuttles between the two campuses of the university and the bus service is free for all students. Now this morning the students woke up to the announcement that a fee of 100 naira has been fixed for the bus services. [/b]This angered the students and they came out for a peaceful protest.
The authorities of the school brought in policemen to break up the protest. Now we all know how our Nigerian policemen always use disproportionate force against unarmed protesters especially students, so they started firing teargas from their cannisters, this led to the students turning violent and they started hurling whatever objects they could lay their hands on at the police and blocked all the entrances and exits locations in the school, this led to the escalation of the crises. The police fired live ammunition at the students.
Now the office of the Vc has been burned down, nearby buildings have been burned down, the school gate has been burned down and at least one student has been killed. The school has been closed down indefinitely.

That's ridiculous. At least they should should have given the students months notice/ waited till the semester ended to allow students to plan for transportation. All these should be accompanied by sufficient explanation so that students can understand what's going on.
Instead, they chose to treat university students like 3yr olds and think they will get away with it.

Poor management skills in part of the school administration. The school needs to be closed for at least 1 yr!! All administrative staff should be fired and a new administration should be installed that will organize the school and respect its students.

RIP to the victims.

2 Likes

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Pilotman(m): 5:13am On Jun 13, 2013
tellwisdom: Does UYO have university?? sad

am not sure of ur age, so i reserve my comment. But i guess u r still being weaned.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Mucokey(m): 6:47am On Jun 13, 2013
Are we still being deceived n deluded by dis analogy of what man can do, woman can do better?
Just to refresh our dazed memories of almost same thing happened in Nekede some few yrs back also causing deaths n excruciating pains to students of that institution because of this shortcoming of women administrators. They always believe they need GUARDS instead of GUIDES... R I P to the dead
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by mooregan(m): 6:52am On Jun 13, 2013
saintandsinnerz: Really terrible that police will shoot live bullets to protesters just to quell them! Again, in as much as we are blaming the Nigerian police for their trigger happiness, we should also look at the conduct of students during riots. Most times students are overzealous in their protests and usually cause chaos in the process, and many times, protest that normally starts peaceful are usually hijacked by criminally minded students. And when the police are invited to restore order, you will see some students even going to the extent of trying to disarm an armed police officer! once again, It is a shame the poor students lost their lives for nothing, I will like to implore the IG to investigate this and bring the murder police officer(s) to justice. Lastly, students should learn how to be responsible in their protests, they should use more of solidarity songs,placards and dialogue to drive home their point rather than retorting violent protest.

It wasn't a riot until de Police started shooting. It was never violent until de police killed a student. They shot dat tear gas 3 times into a female hostel, see as those girls were running for their lives...
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by bahlow: 7:22am On Jun 13, 2013
I luv d way d students vandalized d skul properties. Dey shud av burn d Vc alive. God punish nigeria police, God punish d Vc.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by billios: 7:39am On Jun 13, 2013
June 12 is alwayz like this! WHY?
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Raypawer(m): 8:56am On Jun 13, 2013
site:nairaland:
https://www.nairaland.com/1322447/3-university-uyo-students-killed

here the thread, there was a serious riot yesterday at uniuyo main camp
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by mascot87(m): 9:20am On Jun 13, 2013
metti:

All the insults goes to the oldest person in your family!!!!!!!!!!
It is very easy to know a child who is not well trained!
And all goes to your entire generation from ur first generation to the last in the future. Bast*rd grin
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Danhumprey: 9:21am On Jun 13, 2013
I realy wished this is a dream. Can't believe this is the Uniuyo of my dream. A skul where brotherly love exist. Don't know who to blame. The SUG president should have known better. A supposed charismatic leader,who was overwhelmingly voted for,but who seems to have been blinded by monetary,financial and other gifts from the skul authorities and hence turned his back on the same people he had expressed his desire to serve. What then is the essence of SUG if their leaders can't challenge the skul authority and bring them to their toes and make them accountable for whatever policies they initiate for the students? This is really bad. You can imagine how the parents and family of the deceased,who have struggled against all odds and obstacles to send those boys to skul,will be feeling. I pray and hoped dat none of those boys killed are found to be cultists.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 13, 2013
mma

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by realitiescom(m): 7:55pm On Jun 13, 2013
Akjerry: hmmm
its really funny here i really witnessed all from the start to now
and to shock you more about 30min ago they raided udi street with 4 hillux where some uniuyo guys camp and got some guys arrested.. . i could see blood traces as i walked down after they had gone.

i will say some deserve what they got coz when we thought it was over they started blocking the roads again casting stone at the police hillux. . .

., . .

U be big mumu !
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by metti(m): 10:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
tongue tongue
mascot87:
And all goes to your entire generation from ur first generation to the last in the future. Bast*rd grin

Make thunder fire the whole of your generation. Mascot you are and mascot you will remain for the rest of your life! Illegitimate child!
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by mascot87(m): 6:41am On Jun 14, 2013
metti: tongue tongue

Make thunder fire the whole of your generation. Mascot you are and mascot you will remain for the rest of your life! Illegitimate child!
Go hug Lion jare, hot tempered creature,People like you should be ignored by reasonable beings so on that note,I stop all conversations with you cos you aren't worth talking to so insult me from now till whenever you become matured/reasonable,I WILL IGNORE YOU DUDE lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by metti(m): 10:48am On Jun 14, 2013
cry cry
mascot87:
Go hug Lion jare, hot tempered creature,People like you should be ignored by reasonable beings so on that note,I stop all conversations with you cos you aren't worth talking to so insult me from now till whenever you become matured/reasonable,I WILL IGNORE YOU DUDE lipsrsealed undecided

Thanks for ignoring me. However ask your parents to give you proper home training, if at all they are your real parents. OMO ALE!!!!!! I weep for your life!
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by mascot87(m): 12:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
metti: cry cry

Thanks for ignoring me. However ask your parents to give you proper home training, if at all they are your real parents. OMO ALE!!!!!! I weep for your life!
MAD MAN FROM MAD PARENTS AND MAD GENERATION,I AM SORRY BUT YOUR GENERATION STARTING FROM YOUR HEAD OF FAMILY TO THE YET UNBORN IS C*URSED.WHAT A PITY embarassed
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 15, 2013
Which kind bad news b dis again....!NANS president dat was about kumin from abuja to uyo to adress dis issue as just died on the way wit his delegates tru a an accident.Nawa o.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by paul4u1(m): 8:53am On Jun 17, 2013
What is now d fate of those that chose uniuyo in jamb.hope there is still going to be postUTME!GOD abeg o
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by pendusky(m): 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
paul4u1: What is now d fate of those that chose uniuyo in jamb.hope there is still going to be postUTME!GOD abeg o
it has been postponed till further notice. bt you can call ur friends for update or check their portal for updates

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-OOU VC, Tunji Oyeneye Dies At 67, With Remains Buried Yesterday. / Anambra, Enugu, Lagos Produce Best Pupils In NECO Common Entrance Exam / WAEC Result: Meaning Of Held, Witheld, Outstanding Or No Result Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.