Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,112 members, 7,821,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months (29315 Views)

No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by luvablesam(m): 8:27am On Jun 13, 2013
Gbawe:

Pessimism and criticism need to be sensible and logical ... not just uttered for it's sake alone. You see an article that reveals phase one of this project is is already almost sold out off-plan and 2 years before even the first building is ready and you are talking of "Ghost City"?

Lagos is no different to London, New York and many other mega Cities of the world in that real Estate rules are very different to the norm because these Cities are concentration of extraordinary activities that affect so many people throughout the world. Eko Atlantic is actually fanning into what Lagos must be not what it wants to be.
maitama has been sold out since the 90's but its still a ghost town. How many people can afford d accomodation?if my argument isn't logical then its a pity!
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 13, 2013
Good news.
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Gbawe: 8:32am On Jun 13, 2013
luvable sam: maitama has been sold out since the 90's but its still a ghost town. How many people can afford d accomodation?if my argument isn't logical then its a pity!

Look, I have no argument with you. You say you are a concerned Nigerian and I agree because that makes you my fellow citizen. My point is that your arguments make no sense because you don't seem to account for the fact that Lagos is a true mega-city in every sense of the word.

Nothing in Africa is near to challenging it's unique potentials if the State is optimally developed. Eko Altantic City is even only one thing to keep an eye on. The development of the Lekki corridor will be huge for Nigerian and, directly, West Africa once the planned International airport is delivered. The opening up of the Badagry axis will also have huge implication for Lagos, Nigeria and Africa as well.

If you see how overdeveloped some Countries of the world are, i.e Japan, to the extent reclamation of designated 'green' land is now inevitable, then you will appreciate the potentials for development Nigeria has because it's teeming population has so many virgin land to develop and spread into.

2 Likes

Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by bobthebuilder99(m): 8:38am On Jun 13, 2013
Shanghai in 1990

Shanghai in 2010

Can't wait to see what Eko Atlantic turns into!

3 Likes

Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by luvablesam(m): 8:46am On Jun 13, 2013
Gbawe:

Look, I have no argument with you. You say you are a concerned Nigerian and I agree because that makes you my fellow citizen. My point is that your arguments make no sense because you don't seem to account for the fact that Lagos is a true mega-city in every sense of the word.

Nothing in Africa is near to challenging it's unique potentials if the State is optimally developed.
interesting,no one is saying Lag isn't a true Mega City or watever, if u think my arguments are senseless then I think urs are no better cos u are failing to see my point which is that most of those properties(if ever completed)wud neVa be really occupied simply because its d same people that wud av bought
them
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Boss13: 8:54am On Jun 13, 2013
I believe this city is created for huge percent of foreigners. The price seems very expensive and I don't think the average Nigerian would be able to afford this. The same reason banana island is yet to be completely developed and the houses in VI are currently empty. However, this development is welcome. I cannot wait to take a tour. I pray I can afford to live there too.
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:23am On Jun 13, 2013
lakhadimar: Roads and bridge construction, educational development-(opon imo/ajumo mo both in osun & oyo state respectively), health care delivery and now the eko atlantic project. This are the sort of progressive news emanating from the south west recently, are the states in the south west the only ones in Nigeria? What are others doing?
asari dokubo spoken, amaechi revolted, alamesiya pardoned, achebe buried, bayelsa installed cameras to arrest rumour mongers, bridge collapses and so on.
It doesn't seems like they are idle though!

2 Likes

Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 13, 2013
Laudable project but the question is...should this project be high on priority list? What economic advantage is Lagos getting from this project? yea....i know the argument(foreign investment, revenue..blah blah we know this project is not for the masses....then who is it for? Do we need to spend so much money on a massive project at this time when other useful infrastructure lay dormant and wasting away?

Who is controlling this project? Did Fashola and Tinubu mortgage the future of Lagos for political gain? How many years concession for the backers of this project? Too much hype about this Fashola guy and most people has swallow it hook, line and sinker, i was in Lagos and i didn't see much improvement to march the hype.

Personally i think this project is a waste,hype, unnecessary at the moment and nobody know how much is costing each tax payer in Lagos.
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Policewoman(f): 11:01am On Jun 13, 2013
Abeg where i fit buy like 2 plots? I'm very interested.
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by naptu2: 11:04am On Jun 13, 2013
grin @ "costing taxpayers".
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 13, 2013
naptu2: grin @ "costing taxpayers".

??...No tax payer in Lagos?
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Venchy: 11:09am On Jun 13, 2013
awhagwan: Story.

Lagos state will soon build....

ACN to commmence......

Airport will soon come.....14 years

Coastal Road to be built soon....14 years

Lekki Epe Expressway to be expanded (only 23km out of about 80km o!) 7 years on, dem never finish!!

Fourth Mainland bridge to soon materialise out of thin air......14 years, dem never start...na so so computer image

Na so so future project

Di only ones wey dem dey finish na di one wey involve say taxpayers go pay more money....Lekki Ikoyi link bridge

We don tire for una deception. Come 2015, ACN/APC/AC or whatever new name una go register, as long as na Bola Tinubu dey control am, una must comot for this Lagos. Ahn ahn....Iya yi ti poju! Kilode? Eyin nikan ni won she aiye fun ni?

My guy no be today oo, they are all full of deceit, BADAGRY EXPRESS WAY is in the worst state to what it was 5yrs ago, the residence of that area to me are compared to people in Cyria Fighting war, no good roads to move around.

2-3hrs from Badagry to CMS is absolutely RIDICULOUS, what energy is left for ordinary man to work with through the day when people commute like this everyday.

From London to Birmingham takes me 2hrs at 70-80 MPH on a good road, our governance left practical things but engage in ununrealistic future...Typical DARKY style.

I beg Badagry residence are human being, they deserve everything thing the likes of those living in Ikoyi, VI and Lekki, full of Fake people.

Eko o ni baje oo, but I seriously think Tinunbu is on the brink, he needs to go, that states doesn't belong to him.

2 Likes

Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 13, 2013
bobthebuilder99: Shanghai in 1990

Shanghai in 2010

Can't wait to see what Eko Atlantic turns into!

People build a city not the other way round.
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 13, 2013
[quote author=ShyM-X]Interesting stuff.

^^^^^Damn! Ghana is moving at a very fast pace. They're building three new cities. That's impressive.
I think Nigeria needs to take a cue from that. Ghana is 50yrs behind Nigeria in infrastructure.
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by toluernanes: 11:25am On Jun 13, 2013
cool4ny: Laudable project but the question is...should this project be high on priority list? What economic advantage is Lagos getting from this project? yea....i know the argument(foreign investment, revenue..blah blah we know this project is not for the masses....then who is it for? Do we need to spend so much money on a massive project at this time when other useful infrastructure lay dormant and wasting away?

Who is controlling this project? Did Fashola and Tinubu mortgage the future of Lagos for political gain? How many years concession for the backers of this project? Too much hype about this Fashola guy and most people has swallow it hook, line and sinker, i was in Lagos and i didn't see much improvement to march the hype.

Personally i think this project is a waste,hype, unnecessary at the moment and nobody know how much is costing each tax payer in Lagos.

That the Eko Atlantic project is getting lots of media coverage does not mean it is the only thing the state government is up to. Have you bothered to find out what else the governemtn has been doing in the interests of the people?

Sometimes, people come down here on nairaland and say the Lagos state government does nothing.....which Lagos state do you live in? I have lived in Lagos all my life and this state has never been this good (remember, in my lifetime so far). Now you might complain about your area but fact is; government resources are limited...and government has to prioritize areas that would generate enough income for it to carry out projects in other parts of the state. What's the point of developing an area of the state when it would earn the government anything to take care of other areas?

1 Like

Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Symphony007: 11:27am On Jun 13, 2013
ShyM-X:
Interesting stuff.

^^^^^Damn! Ghana is moving at a very fast pace. They're building three new cities. That's impressive.

I think Nigeria needs to take a cue from that. wink
nigeria has an already built city called abuja, which is amazing, and their are others being built like the eko atlantic, greater port harcourt city,etc....so we do not need to take a cue from anyone.
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 13, 2013
Na today? Why not finish the projecys at hand viz 10 lane roads et al b4 engaging in white elephant aristocratic projects

Gbawe:

Within the City itself, getting around should be relatively easy with a transport mix that would include tram-linkage (see image below). Getting to the City should not be too difficult because many lane entry and exit roads are planned. Modular links , as specific transport challenges arise, could be added to existing State rail lines as well.

When you see many examples of projects like these done seamlessly throughout the world, such as how many new light rail stations and even temporary transport link were created to accommodate the huge influx of people that descended on East London for the 2012 Olympics, then you appreciate what innovation, great engineering effort and world-class technical expertise is all about.

Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by princealexndre(m): 11:29am On Jun 13, 2013
and so should they even annouce that they are building a house undecided
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Tgirl4real(f): 11:29am On Jun 13, 2013
SLIDE waxie: asari dokubo spoken, amaechi revolted, alamesiya pardoned, achebe buried, bayelsa installed cameras to arrest rumour mongers, bridge collapses and so on.
It doesn't seems like they are idle though!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Revolva(m): 11:31am On Jun 13, 2013
luvable sam: your comment is tribalist,just d kind we don't anymore in Nigeria. By d way,who even told u d 'Opons'were made in Nigeria? They were just designed to specifications by d 'damn' chinese(correct me if am wrong).isn't that how we loose foriegn exchange n drop in d value of our currency?.don't decieve urself,these aren't developmental in any way, we are just living up to our status of been a consumer nation or better still 'a corrupt consumer nation'

whats so tribalist there in what he said....he is just trying to picture the way our system is in this nation..where only Lagos is focus more on development and other states just rotten out
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 13, 2013
ShyM-X:
Interesting stuff.

I think Nigeria needs to take a cue from that. wink
...who b Ghana when they call Nigeria...please shutup..Is ghana's entire population up to Lagos..
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Gbawe: 11:35am On Jun 13, 2013
naptu2: grin @ "costing taxpayers".

This is the disgraceful level of ignorance some are working with. They don't mind going public with such hideous ignorance either because the innate bad belle that predisposes them to be negative about everything 24/7 means they are unlikely to ever consider it sensible to even do 60 seconds worth of research. Taxpayer ko tax collector ni.
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by naptu2: 11:38am On Jun 13, 2013
cool4ny:

??...No tax payer in Lagos?

Do you know who owns the project and who is funding it?

1 Like

Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 13, 2013
tolu_ernanes:

That the Eko Atlantic project is getting lots of media coverage does not mean it is the only thing the state government is up to. Have you bothered to find out what else the governemtn has been doing in the interests of the people?

[i]Sometimes, people come down here on nairaland and say the Lagos state government does nothing[/i].....which Lagos state do you live in? I have lived in Lagos all my life and this state has never been this good (remember, in my lifetime so far). Now you might complain about your area but fact is; government resources are limited...and government has to prioritize areas that would generate enough income for it to carry out projects in other parts of the state. What's the point of developing an area of the state when it would earn the government anything to take care of other areas?

1. Kindly state 5 things the government is up to? We dont need a government that is up to something, we need government that is doing something.

2. It is important to read thread and understand before replying, I never said Lagos govt. is not doing anything...i was raising important question based on the project.

3."Government resources are limited" I love that bit. "and government has to prioritize areas that would generate enough income for it to carry out projects in other parts of the state. What's the point of developing an area of the state when it would earn the government anything to take care of other areas?" This is where you lost the point, this project would NOT generate any income for long time(yea i knw...they told us it is a private initiative).

Lastly government don't develop area of the state to earn money, most project should be for the benefit of the people...government earn money through taxes.
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by naptu2: 11:42am On Jun 13, 2013
There's another crazy and funny issue here. A few months ago the contractor on the Blue Line project had a little ceremony when it started laying the track. Some people said "why are they celebrating when they've not finished the project", "it's all propaganda", "why so much noise".

Now, they are laying the tracks and quietly going about their work and it's turned to "why aren't they saying anything about it", "it's a trick, the project has been abandoned", etc.

So, do you want them to give a progress report or not?

3 Likes

Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by naptu2: 11:44am On Jun 13, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! People still think that this is a Lagos State Government or even an ACN project.

2 Likes

Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 13, 2013
naptu2:

Do you know who owns the project and who is funding it?

No, that is why i am asking questions about the project. We don't all have to agree and i am not against it...just wondering if it is the right project at the right time.
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Gbawe: 11:48am On Jun 13, 2013
Nnanna224: Na today? Why not finish the projecys at hand viz 10 lane roads et al b4 engaging in white elephant aristocratic projects

This is a coming together of the private and public sector with the former supplying the finance. The private sector, being profit-driven, rarely involves itself in "white Elephant aristocratic projects". It must also be pointed out that an equitable person would have no problem with a development being financed by private funds let alone call it "aristocratic". I am guessing you do not even know Eko Atlantic is privately funded and rushed to conclude this is another case of "they are using our wealth to build another elite paradise".
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by tellwisdom: 11:50am On Jun 13, 2013
Spits profusely on thread angry
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 13, 2013
If this project is not costing taxpayers nothing other the land and logistics e.t.c then it fine but as a Nigerian, i don't apologize for been skeptical(after years of white elephant projects).
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 13, 2013
cool4ny: Laudable project but the question is...should this project be high on priority list? What economic advantage is Lagos getting from this project? yea....i know the argument(foreign investment, revenue..blah blah we know this project is not for the masses....then who is it for? Do we need to spend so much money on a massive project at this time when other useful infrastructure lay dormant and wasting away?

It behooves someone who takes a pejorative view of this project to provide some useful information that actually supports his position, no?

The Opportunity of Eko Atlantic

Building a new city that will become the financial centre of Nigeria, if not West Africa, is a major undertaking. The scale of the Eko Atlantic project is immense and progress is being achieved through a team effort between investors, planners, engineers and contractors.

The development brings together private individuals and companies who have the knowledge and expertise to transform land lost to the power of the sea into an ocean-front city that will be one of the wonders of the 21st century.

The multibillion-dollar investment is provided solely by private investors. Those already on board include local and international banks – First Bank, FCMB, Access Bank Plc. and GT Bank in Nigeria, BNP Paribas Fortis and KBC bank – as well as a growing number of private investors. Prime investment property opportunities are available for private companies and individuals, which are proving very popular; investing in Africa has never been more attractive.

Source: http://www.ekoatlantic.com/about-us/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anyim Emerges APC Governorship Flag Bearer In Abia / Ekiti Lawmakers Protest At US, UK Embassies(photos) / Rerun: Supplementary Elections 2019 (Live Updates & Results Monitoring)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.