Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,881 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police (25625 Views)

Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] / Fire Outbreak In University Of Uyo female hostel . (pictures) / 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by dazzy4real(m): 12:38am On Jun 13, 2013
Ouch_Daddy: Sentiments apart! This is really crazy! How &Why should Policemen shoot at students?? Even in d intense turkey protests, de (Policemen) didn't shoot at citizens..talkmore of innocent students!! The Trigger-happy Policemen should be brought to Jusice! Nairaland English & blah-blah-blah apart!! This is outrageous!!
On the students part!! Paying ₦200 daily on fares didn't warrant d protests, ur sch SUG shld hv resolved dat amicably wit the school authorities, now 3 students wit bright future's in this crazy country re Dead!! If Uniuyo students are complaining of ₦200 daily as fares rate, Those in Private institution's nkor?? *sighs!!

U talked abt sug,how re u sure that any sug in skul is working? U talked abt not protesting cos of N200 then how is the case gonna b solved u even went as far as saying dey shud stop complaining how abt the private skul ma dear u jz said private n anybody in dt skul shud b able to afford it...

2 Likes

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Chregor(m): 12:38am On Jun 13, 2013
Those police officers must be made to face the wrath of the law for gunning down, not 1, not 2, but 3 students, Agba!
We've seen furious protestand clashes in turkey of late for about a week now, and no more than 5 people are reported to have died, but, just an hours protest here, police came shooting everywhere. I always stand for justice: if the Vc and government don't have anything cogent to say as well as sanctioning the officers involved accordingly, then students have to made the VC realise dat noting worths the life of students, not just burning down her office but, Threatening her family as well. Enough to this affront and excesses on the side of security officers.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by playahP(m): 12:45am On Jun 13, 2013
Pathetic.... Reminds me of the dauda brothers murdered by them police back in d 90's
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by OuchDaddy(m): 12:46am On Jun 13, 2013
Curious_city:

This is what happens in a country with NO defined principles. If certain services are to be free then they must be free and accessible to all, if they are to be paid for then we are well informed. But here in naija, we are made to believe that the society owe us as students. This is because many who are not even at our academic level are having it free.
There is no good and reliable channel to address grievances aside protests. IMO, #200 shouldn't be much to warrant a protest if the issue is properly handled and not given to the students as a shock. They should have been informed of the changes before the beginning of the semester.
UniUyo is within the city, any demonstration is easily hijacked by "area boys", so the students should have tried other means of addressing this issue. Lots of questions begging for answers!!
But so sad that students lost their lives cry

Exactly wuht I'm saying!! ₦200 is too small to warrant the protest on d first instance!! 3 peeps dead just cus of ₦200 is somewhat crazy!!
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by OuchDaddy(m): 1:00am On Jun 13, 2013
dazzy4real:

U talked abt sug,how re u sure that any sug in skul is working? U talked abt not protesting cos of N200 then how is the case gonna b solved u even went as far as saying dey shud stop complaining how abt the private skul ma dear u jz said private n anybody in dt skul shud b able to afford it...
1=SUG!! Why won't SUG work?? They re paid dues to carry out their duties which is acting as intercesors on students plights 2d school adminstration!!
2=₦200 in 2013 is moderate and shouldn't hv warranted the death of 3 students....those dead lads will & can pay ₦200 in 100 folds just to be alive..! You see my friend, we must always apply caution in all we do!! So, how's the parents of the lads goin to take-it dat their wards, got shot during a protest cus the school increased bus fairs to ₦200 Haba!!!!!
3=Private-school! Def I know there's a huge difference between a federal & Private sch! All imeant was, students as in there are people who pay exhorbitant fees & still dnt make noise or protest abt it!! Recently Babcock students pay ithink 2million for an academic year dat's to mention a few of other private schools here in nigeria!! Abti, convenant, madonna, redeemers, bowen, veritas & co!! Private school or Public school, ₦200 is too too small to claim the lives of 3students..! Do u know how much most of this students spend on clubs & all?? The protest wasn't worth it biko...! Av even typed much sef #nuff_said #drops-mic

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by InvertedHammer: 1:04am On Jun 13, 2013
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 13, 2013
Ouch_Daddy:
1=SUG!! Why won't SUG work?? They re paid dues to carry out their duties which is acting as intercesors on students plights 2d school adminstration!!
2=₦200 in 2013 is moderate and shouldn't hv warranted the death of 3 students....those dead lads will & can pay ₦200 in 100 folds just to be alive..! You see my friend, we must always apply caution in all we do!! So, how's the parents of the lads goin to take-it dat their wards, got shot during a protest cus the school increased bus fairs to ₦200 Haba!!!!!
3=Private-school! Def I know there's a huge difference between a federal & Private sch! All imeant was, students as in there are people who pay exhorbitant fees & still dnt make noise or protest abt it!! Recently Babcock students pay ithink 2million for an academic year dat's to mention a few of other private schools here in nigeria!! Abti, convenant, madonna, redeemers, bowen, veritas & co!! Private school or Public school, ₦200 is too too small to claim the lives of 3students..! Do u know how much most of this students spend on clubs & all?? The protest wasn't worth it biko...! Av even typed much sef #nuff_said #drops-mic
thanks for wasting your time
i respect your view .
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by sakaguchi(m): 1:11am On Jun 13, 2013
Its only on Nairaland people come up and write rubbish, what is "too small" in N200.
That's too much jaare, N200 everyday X 25 days in a month =N5,000 X 4 months in a semester =N20,000 almost the price for school fees, that is extortion, trust me, this money looks small outside but on campus ( campus algebra), it is much, do you even know how money flies when one is in school?
Comparing it with private university is iniquitous, private university students are by the very status of being admitted well to do. Are you telling that village boy who's mom that sells moi moi in the village square to spend N5000 on transport by shuttle, N2000 on bike, N3000 for school material before you factor in pocket money, feeding money, babes package and so on.
I'm not in Akwa Ibom not to talk of Uniuyo but I understand with this students. ASUU has made it possible for professors witj scanty managerial skills to mount that lofty seat of VC that is why all of them are systematically killing off SUG's.
SUG's these days don't represent Nigerian student instead serve as lackeys to school Management.
The Nigerian police has forever lost my respect. FOREVER!!! I have seen where protesting students in Uniabuja were attacked by Fulani thugs and the police watched indifferently, when the students started overpowering the thugs, the police pummeled them with tear gas. Police shot a student in Uniben, now this. And the have a historic litany of gunning down innocent Nigerian students. I would have joined voices in calling for the resignation of the IG but why waste my time, he won't resign, he doesn't even know if something wrong has been committed.
PROTEST is the highest form of patriotism and this students in that ivory tower have done so, unfortunately, the, the police have proven themselves to be enemies of the Nigerian student and the Nigerian state as more students have died by the bullets of Nigerian police than by MEND and Boko Haram combined. ADEUS to those fallen comrade in Uniuyo.
Emmanuel Oche.

16 Likes

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:42am On Jun 13, 2013
With the violent nature of the Nigerian Police and other members of the armed forces. Protesting should be done tactically with the safety of protesters considered.

No need for people to match out and get themselves exposed.

For instance a total boycott of classes and school activities by all students, would have dealt a strong blow to the greedy people who want to exploit the students.

OR

All students wearing Black Shirts with pictures of it being circulated. Things like this will make it difficult for the force men to gun students down.

Rest In Peace to those who passed. This is really a tragic event.

I hope the Governor brings the Police in this case to book. The killers/murderers in Police uniforms must be caught.

2 Likes

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by abujalapdog(m): 3:56am On Jun 13, 2013
Its sad an shameful for war lords who fought the right of not paying #200 an end up dieing for it.. When the governor is dolling cash everywhere like a charity! Very laughable for little things of this kind to expose the true state of Akwa Ibom people, POVERTY.

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by abujalapdog(m): 4:05am On Jun 13, 2013
sakaguchi: Its only on Nairaland people come up and write rubbish, what is "too small" in N200.
That's too much jaare, N200 everyday X 25 days in a month =N5,000 X 4 months in a semester =N20,000 almost the price for school fees, that is extortion, trust me, this money looks small outside but on campus ( campus algebra), it is much, do you even know how money flies when one is in school?
Comparing it with private university is iniquitous, private university students are by the very status of being admitted well to do. Are you telling that village boy who's mom that sells moi moi in the village square to spend N5000 on transport by shuttle, N2000 on bike, N3000 for school material before you factor in pocket money, feeding money, babes package and so on.
I'm not in Akwa Ibom not to talk of Uniuyo but I understand with this students. ASUU has made it possible for professors witj scanty managerial skills to mount that lofty seat of VC that is why all of them are systematically killing off SUG's.
SUG's these days don't represent Nigerian student instead serve as lackeys to school Management.
The Nigerian police has forever lost my respect. FOREVER!!! I have seen where protesting students in Uniabuja were attacked by Fulani thugs and the police watched indifferently, when the students started overpowering the thugs, the police pummeled them with tear gas. Police shot a student in Uniben, now this. And the have a historic litany of gunning down innocent Nigerian students. I would have joined voices in calling for the resignation of the IG but why waste my time, he won't resign, he doesn't even know if something wrong has been committed.
PROTEST is the highest form of patriotism and this students in that ivory tower have done so, unfortunately, the, the police have proven themselves to be enemies of the Nigerian student and the Nigerian state as more students have died by the bullets of Nigerian police than by MEND and Boko Haram combined. ADEUS to those fallen comrade in Uniuyo.
Emmanuel Oche.

Girbeshhhh!!! does this justify ur comrade killing themselves over #200? Does this justify why they should burn down the VC's office? Rubbish.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by abujalapdog(m): 4:10am On Jun 13, 2013
Ouch_Daddy:

Godbless your bro,when people are struggling to drive 320m bughati an they are fighting for #200 with thier lives!!!

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by stannydon(m): 4:18am On Jun 13, 2013
Edipee: Three students has been confirmed death and VC'S office set ablaze!
Bros, did your English teacher die early?

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by lomprico(m): 4:26am On Jun 13, 2013
Ouch_Daddy: Sentiments apart! This is really crazy! How &Why should Policemen shoot at students?? Even in d intense turkey protests, de (Policemen) didn't shoot at citizens..talkmore of innocent students!! The Trigger-happy Policemen should be brought to Jusice! Nairaland English & blah-blah-blah apart!! This is outrageous!!
On the students part!! Paying ₦200 daily on fares didn't warrant d protests, ur sch SUG shld hv resolved dat amicably wit the school authorities, now 3 students wit bright future's in this crazy country re Dead!! If Uniuyo students are complaining of ₦200 daily as fares rate, Those in Private institution's nkor?? *sighs!!

Shut d 4kup! They have d right to complain!they are been asked to pay for a bus that is suppose to convey them free of charge. And don't even compare them with d private uni cos its d wards of criminals dat have looted and extorted money from poor nigerian dat go there e.g is d vc that is already extorting 200 naira from d students to send his own kids to a private school. Am sure u are a ward of one of such people. Dik head!

2 Likes

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by grandstar(m): 4:54am On Jun 13, 2013
Mavor: i hope those cult boys come out and do their thing, not against the students or innocents.
do not repay evil for evil. Vengeance is mine says Jehovah
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 5:21am On Jun 13, 2013
abujalapdog:

Girbeshhhh!!! does this justify ur comrade killing themselves over #200? Does this justify why they should burn down the VC's office? Rubbish.
your user name is affecting your thinkin

3 Likes

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by delta1: 5:44am On Jun 13, 2013
VC no try,y would she involve nigerian police? may d soul of d departed rest in d bossom of our LORD JESUS
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 13, 2013
Edipee: Three students has been confirmed death and VC'S office set ablaze!
covers my face. Is this american english? I don tell you make you dey comment for pidgin you no gri.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 6:20am On Jun 13, 2013
There is no comparison between the private and federal or state universities. People in private uni(s) are there because they can afford it. On the other hand, some of the persons in public uni(s) have to train themselves. #200, excluding what they have to eat is too much.
In University of Ibadan, I think there was a protest that transport should be #10 as opposed to the normal #20. It ended in between #15.
And about the SUG settling things, do you think that option wasn't attempted? Some of these VC(s) are out to frustrate people. The right of the Nigerian student has been trampled upon because they threaten u with student disciplinary committee.

3 Likes

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by deeptesting(m): 6:21am On Jun 13, 2013
RIP to the deceased...The students ought to have used other means to express their dissatisfaction or grievances rather than a civil protest knowing the mentality of our untrained police men. I just cannot phantom why my Country and Africa in general is this backward despite the fact that the world has become a global village that we can easily learn from the West.

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Kelvin4life: 6:23am On Jun 13, 2013
[quote
author=Ouch_Daddy]Sentiments apart! This is really crazy! How &Why
should Policemen shoot at students?? Even in d intense turkey protests,
de (Policemen) didn't shoot at citizens..talkmore of innocent students!!
The Trigger-happy Policemen should be brought to Jusice! Nairaland
English & blah-blah-blah apart!! This is outrageous!!
On the students part!! Paying ₦200 daily on fares didn't warrant d
protests, ur sch SUG shld hv resolved dat amicably wit the school
authorities, now 3 students wit bright future's in this crazy country re
Dead!! If Uniuyo students are complaining of ₦200 daily as fares rate,
Those in Private institution's nkor?? *sighs!! [/quote] RIP TO DEAD
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by mooregan(m): 6:25am On Jun 13, 2013

We have de de worst n most stupid SUG president ever. He gets his share from de Management and keeps quite. Last semester, Students Protested about non availability of water and Food in the Hostel, last week students Protested on 2000naira increment on fees just 2weeks after resumption, ystday students Protested that de bus scheme that has always been free from inception shouldn't be charge, and our Mumu management brought well Armed Policemen. The threw tear gas into de school compound and Hostels(W4 in annex campus), they shot live ammunitions not in the air but straight at students. Even de civil defense that de just licensed to use gun joined in shooting. Asthma patients were suffering as a result of de tear gas, stampede everywhere. If care is not taken, our VC will ask students to start paying bills for light.. Due to de death of students, Angry students started burning down school properties like de VC's, Registrar, DVC's offices and even de main gate. Its rather too unfortunate that what started as a peaceful protest ended up sour due to Poor management, non functioning SUG and Trigger happy Police men. RIP KINGSLEY,200LZOOLOGY, RIP to de others I don't know. I'll never 4get my 400L, 2nd semester in the UNIVERSITY OF UYO.

4 Likes

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by dankol: 6:33am On Jun 13, 2013
GIf u dnt knw d beginning of an issue dnt say rubbish. Uniuyo students ar very calm students. Infact, they ar so scared dat, d ar afraid of d word 'protest'. Bt no mata hw calm u ar. Wen u're pushed 2 d wall, wat would u do?
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by mooregan(m): 6:38am On Jun 13, 2013
abujalapdog:

Godbless your bro,when people are struggling to drive 320m bughati an they are fighting for #200 with thier lives!!!

U r sick in de head!! Do u know there r students who can't afford to eat 3times? Do u know there r pple wey never pay fees? Do u know what it means to pay 200naira in a school bus shuttle and that's aside de TP u'll pay to school to even join de bus, de food u eat, de endless materials u have to photocopy....and it goes on n on. If u no get wetin to comment, just sharaaap.

2 Likes

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Chocboyslim: 6:41am On Jun 13, 2013
[quote author=Ouch_Daddy If Uniuyo students are complaining of ₦200 daily as fares rate, Those in Private institution's nkor?? *sighs!! [/quote]
Shut d fu*ck up if u dn't hv want 2 say.....can you compare public school 2 private school? Did u no what it takes 2 spend 200 daily in diz God damn country? Have u ever been fustrated dat the only solution you need is 2 take actions? Mr man, am an X-student of uniuyo, graduated 2010 & finish my service 2012. Our vice chancellor is d worst VC ind history of our school, dat woman neva care for the welfare of d student.....she run federal university lyk her own private university. She most pay for diz* So beta keep quiet if u dn't really no what is as stake.

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by OuchDaddy(m): 6:46am On Jun 13, 2013
abujalapdog:

*bows*!! Lol! That's all I'm saying..... ₦200 is too too small to take the lives of 3young & able students due to protests....! If the protest was cus fees was 100%increased, dat is double what de wher paying b4,den it's Quite understandable wen de Protest!! If the fare is ₦200, why dnt those with grievances TREK?? It doesn't warrant the lives of those 3 youthful peeps!! That's all I'm saying! Lool! Thanks fam!!
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by tpapi: 6:52am On Jun 13, 2013
Some students never learn from violent protest,d VC's is goin to b renovated,other buildings burnt wil also b renovated,each student wil stil pay for damagin sch property but dos 3 souls r gone forever
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Pee2k3: 6:53am On Jun 13, 2013
rhema4u: What will be done to the police men?

What will the court do?

The police is your friend they say.........

dont worry ursef ombatse cult wiil judge dem 4 us
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by obyrich(m): 6:54am On Jun 13, 2013
guy1234: Nigerian police again,wen wld they stop killing us?
When they are properly trained in crisis management.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by OuchDaddy(m): 6:55am On Jun 13, 2013
[quote author=Chocboyslim][/quote]
LaFFs, mr chocboy! I expected u as an ex-student to be more matured & talk with ur alumni on why u feel this doesn't Justify the death of 3students already!! & about ur question, biko, what does it take to spend ₦200 daily in nIgeria?? & it's not as if d students hv classes everyday ni o..! Some got classes 3-times in a week or so....! In this Age (2013), ₦200 is too too too small to take/claim d lives of 3 students & destroy properties in the school cus of it's transport fares...! It's not as if it's a Levy imposed daily on the students, such as we see in Lekki toll! (As an Alumni, u're supposed 2 wave this poverty-mentality out sire) it's for their own transportation, if any1 felt it's too expensive, it's simple =TREK early to classes!! Why burn ur properties worth millions & billions of naira, injure urselves & resultant killings of 3 just for ₦200 It's totally WRONG!!
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by brownlord: 6:56am On Jun 13, 2013
billios: Five students (5) has been confirmed death as at now,

and you are a student in that same school? the police no see people like kill
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by OuchDaddy(m): 6:59am On Jun 13, 2013
tpapi: Some students never learn from violent protest,d VC's is goin to b renovated,other buildings burnt wil also b renovated,each student wil stil pay for damagin sch property but dos 3 souls r gone forever
Please teLL dem!! That's what av been screaming here!! the VC won't be changed!! University is just for 4 years....do what u're sent 2 do,Read, graduate well & start the struggle dat Nigeria dishes..!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adult Education: I Am Still Proud Of My Department Despite The Negative Comments / Ogun State Polytechnic Requires Key Holder For Students To Write Exams (Photo) / JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.