Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,267 members, 7,815,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders (25630 Views)

JAMB Should Make Cut Of Marks 200 For Poly And 250 For Varsities / Ayodele Dada Honoured By House Of Reps (Photos) / JAMB Should Be Blamed For Mass Failure Not The Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Generalkorex(m): 10:02pm On Mar 17, 2016
House Of Reps Orders JAMB To Revert To Paper-pencil Test

The agitations from candidates may have started yielding fruits as the House of Representatives has asked the Federal Ministry of Education to direct the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to revert to pencil-paper method in the conduct of UTME or adopt both PPT and CBT so that candidates can opt for any one of their choice.
This followed a motion moved by a lawmaker from Lagos State, Mr. Oghene Emma-Egoh, on the “conflicting” scores of candidates who took the examination.
The law maker stressed that the technical errors experiences during the examination has invariably dashed the hopes of many of these candidates in gaining admission this year.
The law maker further pointed to two cases of conflicting results. One is that of Ibrahim Shawulu from Kogi State, who was said to have scored 399 out of 400, and in less than 24 hours his score was reduced to 199.”
Another is that of Foluke, the 17-year-old girl in Ejigbo-Lagos, who scored an aggregate of 156 and when the result was checked again she had an aggregate of 196.”
Based on these and other technical flaws that marred the conduct of the 2016 UTME, the house of Representatives is of the opinion that JAMB does not have what it takes to manage the Computer Based Test.

Source: http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/44378/house-of-reps-orders-jamb-to-revert-to-paper-pencil-test.html

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by chido20(m): 10:05pm On Mar 17, 2016
jamb shud be scrapped

jst raising a motion

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Khd95(m): 10:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
Thats poosad

weither we like it or not,technology will take over,d earlier we get used to it d bettr

32 Likes

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by KissCODE(m): 10:13pm On Mar 17, 2016
chido20:
jamb shud be scrapped
jst raising a motion
i support your motion.

JAMB means nothing because after all the strugles the university still sits for another exam and not only that. Schools does not obey JAMB‘s admission list.

JAMB should bethrown away

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Kagarko(m): 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2016
And we say we want to be like them.

Rubbish.
Idan Bera Nada Sata Daddawa Nada Wari.

6 Likes

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by jaymejate: 10:56pm On Mar 17, 2016
Lies, Jamb go cum bribe them soon

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Ekugbeh(m): 11:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
Jamb shud b scraped i guess

1 Like

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by somtoto(m): 12:06am On Mar 18, 2016
good news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by xender(m): 12:23am On Mar 18, 2016
we ain't agitating for this though. All we need is our real scores for this years utme.

on bringing back the paper and pencil test(PPT) I don't think it's a welcome development. They should think of how to improve on the computer based test(CBT),to avoid a repetition of the poorly conducted utme2016.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by WOruGunu(m): 12:54am On Mar 18, 2016
I suggest ss4 to replace jamb my opinionI suggest ss4 to replace jamb my opinionI suggest ss4 to replace jamb my opinion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 18, 2016
This is not what we want.Something should be done about this year utme first.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Obiwannn: 5:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
t is a welcome development
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
Generalkorex:

The law maker further pointed to two cases of conflicting results. One is that of Ibrahim Shawulu from Kogi State, who was said to have scored 399 out of 400, and in less than 24 hours his score was reduced to 199.”

Another is that of Foluke, the 17-year-old girl in Ejigbo-Lagos, who scored an aggregate of 156 and when the result was checked again she had an aggregate of 196.”

how come the "law maker" didn't get their fact right, Ibrahim from kogi aired it online that he edited his JAMB result just to play pranks on his friends, so how come the law makers claim that his mark was reduced.

17 Likes

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by ladyF(f): 5:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
Yaaaayyy....ayam so happy about this. Thank you ooooo.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by yomalex(m): 5:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
Belated CBT was a misadventure maybe in 10 years time
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by MayhorE(m): 5:23pm On Mar 18, 2016
grin
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 18, 2016
Yes, that is good. JAMB is premature for CB test. When they are ready for CBT people will know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Izzy002(m): 5:23pm On Mar 18, 2016
Issokay
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by nasty45(m): 5:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
My cUntry like to be so 1956

1 Like

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by yekparikpa(m): 5:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
It's been Jamb, P square, Cleavage and Snakes on Nairaland. undecided

4 Likes

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Pennsylvania: 5:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
I think that's just the best, this CBT of a thing wasn't well planned out, great decision from the Reps

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by ucheheart(m): 5:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
Here we go again. What a confused nation!
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Segadem(m): 5:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
Good

1 Like

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Segadem(m): 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
Pennsylvania:
I think that's just the best, this CBT of a thing wasn't well planned out, great decision from the Reps
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by deebrain(m): 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
This regime sha.......

EFFRITIN HAF CHANGE.

sad

1 Like

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by rawtouch: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
Backward movement

5 Likes

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by BIGTinfotech: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
The implications of this far-reaching decision cannot be over-emphasised.

What happens to those that had been affected by the CBT, whether positively or negatively.?

Global best practices and developed countries are switching completely to ICT driven economy and industries. Yet in our own obodo Nigeria we cannot effectively conduct examinations online.

What a country!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by GothamLuke: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
Jamb should be cancelled
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Mediapace: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
Walahi Jamb and Senate are on high Aro weed!

That is not what jambites are asking for!

Back to square one.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by ikorodureporta: 5:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
I need fuel
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by 9jatatafo(m): 5:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
Scrap JAMB.
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by acenazt: 5:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
Jamb Awon Werey.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adult Education: I Am Still Proud Of My Department Despite The Negative Comments / 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police / Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.