Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,868 members, 7,813,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police (25624 Views)

Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] / Fire Outbreak In University Of Uyo female hostel . (pictures) / 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by billios: 12:14pm On Jun 13, 2013
that is june 12 for you......
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Lifemax: 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
Is unfortunate dat nigerian police ar not trained,,cos of coruption,y de colect brib on d road is because de paid brib b4 de joind d force.can dis trigger hapy police b broght 2 book?I.G
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Ivreke: 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
I was there at the scene, how can the students still pay 200 naira when the transport fee of 2000 naira is being included in the details of our school fee reciepts. Acceptance fee from 2k to 15k is it fair? WHEN A WOMAN IS BEING GIVEN THE OPPURTUNITY TO LEAD THINGS LIKE THIS WILL ALWAYS HAPPEN. They are only better in the kitchen. RIP @ victim.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 13, 2013
Civil defence corps should be used to calm civil unrest. Now police was brought it in to calm d crisis which is now escalated.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by infolekan(m): 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2013
jjagz: 200 times 5 equals 1000 every other week. In a say 15 semester week datz 15k only on transport. U might not get it but not every one is dat financially bouyant.

dont worry about that ouch daddy or whatever he calls his handle here......hes not that financially bouyant.
He has exceeded his dreams and aspirations for his life of course with a 100k monthly job thats why he's opening his mouth to compare a life to 200 naira as if the logical conclusion of any protest must be bloodshed
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Kanimoe(m): 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
Senate President, National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), Comrade Donald Onukaogu, and four others
died in a car crash on their way to Uyo,Akwa Ibom State to intervene on the current university of uyo students
uprising. It is learnt they died along Uyo-Ikot Ekpene road. They travelled yesternight in order to reach the Akwa Ibom State capital for their intervention this morning, but unfortunately met their untimely death.May their souls rest in peace.
There has gotta be something bout JUNE 12

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by eyenborosky: 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2013
I'm jst praying it shuld nt affect dos dt r goin 4 youth service afta nxtwk.

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by dabrake(m): 3:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
this ouch_daddy baastaad can hide behind his sagem phone, act as a rich dude, . . . If I know where you stay, I will beat you mercilessly. bloody fool who's got no idea 'bout the whole situation.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by AroComputerCe(m): 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2013
IGP needs to do lots of work on policemen. Arms should not be carried to calm protesting students.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by OuchDaddy(m): 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
dabrake: this ouch_daddy baastaad can hide behind his sagem phone, act as a rich dude, . . . If I know where you stay, I will beat you mercilessly. bloody fool who's got no idea 'bout the whole situation.

Ur Profile makes it easy for me to locate u! Looking at ur post & profile pic, I only but laff!! You need to feed boi!! Imagine d id1iot beating me mercilessly, chai! aV suffered!!...cus of d stupidity of u & ur fellow alumni's even the NANS President & 3 others died on their way to handle the outburst u guys started cus of ₦200..that is totalling casuality figure to 10 people already!! Not talkin bout those injured!! From yesterday night up on today 10 souls gone & u're talking rubbish!! Useless person!! Encouraging violence when u're probably in ur father's room typing trash!! u just hold ur phone & issue threats to people (well dat's why it's called Nairaland! U baastard!!!!! )...
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by MEGA4BILLION(m): 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
pls dont compare federal govt. school to private school. They can pay what ever millions they are ask to pay because non of them will fail a course.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
Pls is it true NANS' President has died?

If so, then what are we waiting for? The vc most join the departed souls. She and co has no right to live.

Where are my cult brothers? Vc must pay for this!

**carrying my weapons from cali town to uyo to fight this battle**

Injustice to one, injustice to all!!!

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Koolking(m): 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
Kanimoe: Senate President, National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), Comrade Donald Onukaogu, and four others
died in a car crash on their way to Uyo,Akwa Ibom State to intervene on the current university of uyo students
uprising. It is learnt they died along Uyo-Ikot Ekpene road. They travelled yesternight in order to reach the Akwa Ibom State capital for their intervention this morning, but unfortunately met their untimely death.May their souls rest in peace.
There has gotta be something bout JUNE 12

If this is true, it's very sad.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by dabrake(m): 7:33pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ouch_Daddy:

Ur Profile makes it easy for me to locate u! Looking at ur post & profile pic, I only but laff!! You need to feed boi!! Imagine d id1iot beating me mercilessly, chai! aV suffered!!...cus of d stupidity of u & ur fellow alumni's even the NANS President & 3 others died on their way to handle the outburst u guys started cus of ₦200..that is totalling casuality figure to 10 people already!! Not talkin bout those injured!! From yesterday night up on today 10 souls gone & u're talking rubbish!! Useless person!! Encouraging violence when u're probably in ur father's room typing trash!! u just hold ur phone & issue threats to people (well dat's why it's called Nairaland! U baastard!!!!! )...
your award winning wanking father of yours need to be fed. I will ignore you as you're a class D dude seeking unnecessary attention. seems you had no idea 'bout how peaceful it was till the Men In Black gunned down our student. keep ranting like a fool you already are. you intelligence remains my common sense and if you think you are man enough. let's locate ourselves. baastaad
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Jepsy: 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
its quit a pity, wat an economic lost!
Our police just hav to be taught the diff. B/w a protester and a theft!
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by nenergy(m): 7:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
Raypawer: The students were furious, and protested., there by blocked the Ikot Ekpene road.

Due to this, the police came to calm the situation
This was the students' mistake. Why block a major road to protest grievances concerning your school community? Do you know that a university is a 'republic'? A student once ran into our annex campus while being chased by the police. They couldn't cross the main gate. Greatest Nigeria students, if you need to protest, BLOCK your school entrances...from INSIDE!

The police were unprofessional as usual. RIP to the dead.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by prospero5(m): 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
pls sombody should help me warn dis policeboys wey de cary rifle for nite com viewing centres. wink
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by infolekan(m): 10:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ouch_Daddy:

Don't understand this Dude Ouch Daddys reasoning......talks like an underage sometimes & then just zooms right ahead & starts acting like his brain is on reverse. He's making everyone on this thread feel like they're rocket scientist.
He completely skipped the part where the police shot 3 students & just moved to the part where the students blocked a major road and sorts.
We were all students once and while it has been proven over and over again that unruly disruptions & uncontrolled protests always result in wanton destruction of properties that the studnts will still end up paying for.......Killing of students by the so called law keepers is an even worse and I would have thought that voices would be united in condemning that but then.....foolishnes and ineptitude have always abounded on such faceless forum as this where a man who can not even control his nuclear family would open a web page and drop incendiary comments on a topic he can't even explain if his life depends on it .
I don't expect any response from you please.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by darkashes(m): 11:13pm On Jun 13, 2013
realy wod want to read an article wit the caption 'policeman misfires,kils a student al for him to find out that his is son lying dead'.. Am sure dat wod stop al dis mischievous act
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Christo724(m): 11:40pm On Jun 13, 2013
They will stop killing u pple as soon as u pple stop taking laws into ur hands.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:41pm On Jun 13, 2013
born2fuckpussy:
You must be very silly for saying what you do not know, do you have bomb in your head, if # 200 is to convey student to school, go-come will be # 400 and average semester is 90 days which is 3 month, precise nigeria could even spend 6 months....400 X 90 days =18,000 per semester and and 2 semester equal to 1 session which is 36000 per session and a student spend 4 session which will be make them cough out 144,000 for entire duration at school..........

Did you know 50 kobo in shares is what lead to millions naira today, stop talking non sense

Multiply that by a thousand students. Let alone 2000 or 3000.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:42pm On Jun 13, 2013
Christo724: They will stop killing u pple as soon as u pple stop taking laws into ur hands.

When did protest become taking laws into one's hands. No wonder the country is in bondage by few criminals. angry
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by nestaAK(m): 12:14am On Jun 14, 2013
The inability of The Nigerian Police in Riot controll... The implementation of unpopular policies... Ill managed protest... There is more it all, RIP KC.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by amimi(f): 12:47am On Jun 14, 2013
Yes its true. Lost a friend kingsley by name who left home for sch on monday and on wednesday he was killed by d police men during the riot... Hostels,admin, VC office burnt dwn...and now am hearing NUC has ordered d sch to b shut dwn for only God knws hw long. So sad
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by OuchDaddy(m): 2:19am On Jun 14, 2013
amimi: Yes its true. Lost a friend kingsley by name who left home for sch on monday and on wednesday he was killed by d police men during the riot... Hostels,admin, VC office burnt dwn...and now am hearing NUC has ordered d sch to b shut dwn for only God knws hw long. So sad

All cus of ₦200!! All this cus of ₦200!! Even those preparing for NYSC will hv issues!! Alumni who's certificates should still be in the schools possession probably cus of Late collection & immediate graduates dat still hv their certificates, results verifications & all & the students in general who hv probably exams or classes/lectures & those intending to start academics(jambites) will all be delayed or deir certs burned/lost inclusive of academic transcript & other records!! LOST!!!! cus NUC ordered the school to be closed just because of ₦200 total transport expected fare in a day due to increment of transport-fares!!! & after all the long-run closure of the school by the NUC....the students will be fined for the re-construction of burned edifices in the school & still yet d VC will still be their VC! & some students are saying it's worth it to sit-athome & miss a calendar of the Nig education schedule with other universities,simply cus ur total expected transport fare is ₦200!!! Pls, Who is Losing Where's is our educational system heading to?? 10 people dead already cus of this matter & some peeps on this forum can't see reaason's why I'm still of the view dat, there shld hv been a deliberation between the (Uniuyo) SUG & school authorities before the protests shld hv started!! Wait till u guys sit at home for a full year, den u'LL know it's all not worth it!
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:29am On Jun 14, 2013
May God grant their family and friends the strength to bear this losses.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 14, 2013
some one should confirm i heard school has resumed. sun newspaper says 45 student asserted and 3 dead, .. ..
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Emmy9ite(m): 12:10pm On Jun 14, 2013
Akjerry: some one should confirm i heard school has resumed. sun newspaper says 45 student asserted and 3 dead, .. ..
I heard it on planet fm. someone said It's just for staffs. The Governor was in the school yesterday, I read he gave 5M.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Emmy9ite(m): 12:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
Ouch_Daddy:

All cus of ₦200!! All this cus of ₦200!! Even those preparing for NYSC will hv issues!! Alumni who's certificates should still be in the schools possession probably cus of Late collection & immediate graduates dat still hv their certificates, results verifications & all & the students in general who hv probably exams or classes/lectures & those intending to start academics(jambites) will all be delayed or deir certs burned/lost inclusive of academic transcript & other records!! LOST!!!! cus NUC ordered the school to be closed just because of ₦200 total transport expected fare in a day due to increment of transport-fares!!! & after all the long-run closure of the school by the NUC....the students will be fined for the re-construction of burned edifices in the school & still yet d VC will still be their VC! & some students are saying it's worth it to sit-athome & miss a calendar of the Nig education schedule with other universities,simply cus ur total expected transport fare is ₦200!!! Pls, Who is Losing Where's is our educational system heading to?? 10 people dead already cus of this matter & some peeps on this forum can't see reaason's why I'm still of the view dat, there shld hv been a deliberation between the (Uniuyo) SUG & school authorities before the protests shld hv started!! Wait till u guys sit at home for a full year, den u'LL know it's all not worth it!
students are also paying 2k for late registration, just 2 weeks after resumption.
Registration for Gst courses is now 2k.
The tp fare only triggered the anger of students.

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nawtie: 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
it should be properly investigated....more lives have been lost by asthmatic students.there are some things that arent allowed during a peaceful protest...someone should please educate the police on that.they have caused extensive damage to lives,hearts and properties.may the soul of my colleague,kingsley a.k.a kcee,rest in peace as he is laid to rest today.

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nawtie: 2:38pm On Jun 14, 2013
200 naira evryday on transport....time 30 days that is 6000 naira a month for jst transport..ow about the students who cant afford to buy a 1000 naira textbook,does it mean they wont attend lectures?after they paid for the same bus fare in their school fees.its outright injustice.u bill us for what we dont know about.its a federal school not a private institution.some of these students send themselves to school.our leaders should help us in all ramifications to be better citizens and not antagonize us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adult Education: I Am Still Proud Of My Department Despite The Negative Comments / Ogun State Polytechnic Requires Key Holder For Students To Write Exams (Photo) / JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.