Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,029 members, 7,835,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Tribulation Rubbish - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tribulation Rubbish (895 Views)

We Didn’t Send Mbaka To Say Rubbish – Cardinal Onaiyekan / When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation / Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribulation Rubbish by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
It’s important for those earnestly seeking to follow Christ, to perceive the great error which has come upon Christianity by way of it’s end-time theology.

Before I go out with all guns blazing it’s needful to point out that I played my part in this game, and as such am not seeking to condemn any man, simply help awaken the body from her slumber.

I’m sure that Christians at large do not consider themselves to be sleeping, and yet I think Christ continues to challenge that belief with His parable of the ten virgins; who all slept - Mat 25:1-13

There is an old quote which connects closely to the theme of this post “timing is everything”. If you are a magician or a trickster this may in fact be one of the most powerful tools in your bag of tricks. We are told in Daniel that the Antichrist kingdom will seek to change times and seasons, Why? to deceive the very elect if that were possible.

The end-time doctrine I seek to furiously oppose and undermine in this post is none other than the commonly espoused interpretation of a 7 year end-time tribulation of the saints, which shall come upon the world at the end of this age. A quick Google search regarding this doctrine finds most people holding fast to this last day doctrine with a certain expectation of it’s soon coming. Strongly connected to this doctrine are doctrines that are equally important such as the coming of antichrist.

I have lost count of the number teachings, books and articles I’ve read that predicted the date, or day and time in which this great tribulation will have commenced. Thus far the failure rate is some 100%, not a good track record for the gospel is it?

Given that many zealous and religious men have earnestly predicted these things to occur in their lifetime, even that “God told them” perhaps we should ourselves think a little deeper concerning this event.

First of all let’s start with the text concerning this issue; in Christ’s own words:

15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.
23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

There are several questions which naturally arise out of this text. Firstly as to the nature of tribulation; it is a time in which many false prophets and false christ’s actively work toward deceiving not only the whole world, but the faithful follower.

When the text speaks of false christ’s (For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive) it is not specifically suggesting that all will come saying that they are literally the Christ, rather, they will say that they are anointed of God. Christos meaning anointed one.

Yes some will come claiming literally to be Jesus, but overall the fulfillment of this warning is that many will come saying that they are anointed of God, this lays the foundation of the deception. Labeling themselves as something other than they are is the thin end of the wedge that seeks to gain a foothold of entry into the hearts and minds of believers. Such is the work of satan.

These people are false apostles. They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ. 14But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15So it is no wonder that his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness 2 Cor 11:13-15

Secondly, when does tribulation occur? It occurs immediately following the resurrection and ascension of Christ. Christ having made His appearance will set the foundation upon which the many false christ’s, false prophets and false teachers will seek to build upon and lead many astray.

Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring–those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus. Rev 12:17

Furthermore, the immediacy of this time of tribulation is confirmed on other occasions such as this one ;
“But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.” Luke 21:36

ALL THESE THINGS WHICH ARE ABOUT TO TAKE PLACE! All these things which are about to take place is not a 7 year tribulation at the consumation of the age.

Let’s summarize what we have read in these few verses:
The tribuation period concerns deception and a working of error instituted by false teachers and false prophets.
Tribulation commenced in the period immediately following Christ’s ascension, which is supported by many and various writings of the apostles including Paul who was already teaching that false teachers and minister of satan were amidst the body.

The nature of the tribulation has it’s foundation in the “abomination of desolation” aka antichrist. Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place”

2000 years ago antichrist was making his mark on the kingdom, John wrote - For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist. 2 John 1:7

Conclusion

The misleading aspect of the oft espoused 7 year end of the age tribulation is this – You are in the midst of tribulation and don’t even know it. The fact that we continue to be told that it is yet to come is like covering one’s eyes with a veil that keeps us in darkness.

Timing is everything! and our perception as to the timing of this event as espoused by the many, is the foundation of a grievous error, and the work of a flattering tongue.

Antichrist has come and the abomination of desolation is in the holy place – and you, we, don’t even know it. The man of sin, aka antichrist has been reigning in the temple for generations, and you, me, we, the world haven’t got a clue.

Like slumbering virgins we all slept patiently awaiting the consummation of the age, but the hour is late. The day is past and the night is well upon us and we know it not. Perhaps there was no greater revelation concerning that parable, for it was too late for many to find oil for their lamps.

The error has been greatly supported by the flattery of deceivers who would have us live at peace with the ways of this world, loving the things of this world, living no differently from the world, in all but name.

We’ve taken for ourselves all manner of labels of righteousness but scarcely have we gone forth in the faith of Christ and love of God to agape our enemy and seek justice for those who suffer and are afflicted in this present world. We rejoice in our congregations at the making of music and festival, but there is nothing new under the sun; “I hate all of your show and pretense. The hypocrisy of your religious festivals and solemn assemblies…… I want to see a flood of justice!”

If the work of God in Christ is in part about seeing His people come to maturity; that Christ be formed within. Every teaching that offers a place of complacency to the believer is a work of antichrist. Any teaching which prevent Christ from birthing the children of God in every generation is a work of antichrist.

That war, between the flesh and the spirit, which is the work of faith in the believer requires one to be diligent and prayerful at all times, and that diligence and prayerfulness is further established when we are given eyes to see the very dark and profoundly deceitful nature of our day – and it is not coming at the end of this age.

Enough of this 7 year end of the age tribulation rubbish.

Because you have kept the word of my patience, I also will keep you from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Rev 3:10

That hour of testing and temptation which comes upon the whole world is this present hour and every hour since Christ.

This is the tribulation through which God shall gather his wheat into the barn, and burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

How then did we arrive at the conclusion of a 7 year end time tribulation?

Firstly we took a literal interpretation to the text which demanded one be led of the Spirit, not of the flesh. It really is that simple!

Secondly, the reason one has no problem believing that a tribulation is yet to come is because we are blind to the nature of our day, and that day is one in which we say we are rich, have increased in goods and have need of nothing. Make no mistake, our riches are corrupted and our gold and silver testifies against us, eating our flesh like fire. Therefore we only see after the flesh and are not able to grasp the truth – in Christ’s own words, we are blind, miserable, poor and naked.

Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. Rev 3:17

http://fleethewrath./2013/06/05/tribulation-rubbish/
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by nep2ra(m): 8:53pm On Jun 12, 2013
For more biblical insights visit http://www.bible-truths.com/
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by ATMC(f): 9:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
#exhales
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by amanda2013(f): 10:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
hahahahahaha this is war. Please wia is end time prophet obadiah777? He shuld come and rescue an 'ignorant' soul. Hahahahaha.
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
amanda2013: hahahahahaha this is war. Please wia is end time prophet obadiah777? He shuld come and rescue an 'ignorant' soul. Hahahahaha.

better believe it , the Anti-Christ has been around for over a thousand years, and he sits as the head of the apostate church

The Tribulation started after the resurrection of Christ. Remember the millions who were killed by the Romans, some thrown to wild animals , catholic church instigated massacres, killing of Christians in Muslims lands, in fact you only need to look at this world with all the famines, disease, rape, oppression, wars ( world wars ) , economic crisis etc to realize that we are almost at the very end before Jesus comes as a thief in the night.

Go figure.

smiley
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by DrummaBoy(m): 11:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
I have taught this before without even knowing it as explained by three OP text

1. I believe the antichrist is here and not coming
2. I believe much of what we see in our churches, the prevalence of the prosperity gospel is of the antichrist
3. And that is why believers are deceived

Well done frosbel
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 13, 2013
DrummaBoy: I have taught this before without even knowing it as explained by three OP text

2. I believe much of what we see in our churches, the prevalence of the prosperity gospel is of the antichrist

Well done frosbel

Thanks Bro.

When Paul talked about the falling away and the revealing of the man of sin, he foresaw this event happening in a relatively short time , for no sooner did the apostles die out , that these evil wolves infiltrated the church and hijack the cause of Christ.

This is the period when the so called church fathers who were mostly Greek philosophers did the most damage to the cause of Christ by turning the simple gospel into a complex theological mess , incomprehensible to most and an obstacle to the salvation of millions – enter the dark ages.

Funny thing is , this same apostate church with her confused jumble of denominational daughters, has now matured into a beast with her false prophets , and would want us to believe that the falling away is a future event , that antichrist is a Muslim , some worldwide dictator or some other nonsense theory.

You are right, one only needs to look at Christendom today and notice the moral decay, the pagan false creeds and dogmas, the spiritual imprisonment of millions of itching ear sheep , the financial exploitation of the poor and widows but most especially the persecution , ostracization and slander of true believers who can see through the veneer of their hypocrisy.

The time is truly short, and the love of many has already waxed cold , may God forgive us for our lukewarmness and send us a spiritual refreshment so that we can be revived and fight this good fight of faith to the very end , saving some out of the fire and hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Tribulation Rubbish by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 13, 2013
The abomination of desolation is the devil who will sit in the temple proclaiming himself to be God. But this temple hasnt been built, so i dont believe what you posted.
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 13, 2013
Segeggs: The abomination of desolation is the devil who will sit in the temple proclaiming himself to be God. But this temple hasnt been built, so i dont believe what you posted.

Devil sit in which temple ? grin

The Devil has been sitting in the Temple ( apostate church ) for eons and he rules through his False Prophets led by the leader of the Roman church and the other false teachers, prophets and crooks who control, oppress, deceive and mislead the people of GOD with their myriad false pagan creeds , doctrines and dogmas and their iron fist approach to dealing with God's own flock. Their time is coming , very soon.

If you are waiting to see the devil himself sit in a newly built temple in Jerusalem, all I can say is good luck for it will never happen.

1 Like

Re: Tribulation Rubbish by alexleo(m): 10:51am On Jun 13, 2013
DrummaBoy: I have taught this before without even knowing it as explained by three OP text

Well done frosbel

The antichrist is not really here but his spirit is already in operation among men and women, using them to propagate false doctrine to deceive many. The anti christ will fully be revealed after the rapture.
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by alexleo(m): 10:54am On Jun 13, 2013
The OP is dotted with truth in some parts and lies in other parts so I don't fully agree with it.
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 13, 2013
alexleo:

The Antichrist is not really here but his spirit is already in operation among men and women, using them to propagate false doctrine to deceive many. The anti Christ will fully be revealed after the rapture.

antichrists have been around since the time of John, not sure who you are waiting for. If it is the Man of Sin , well he is now the leader of the church of Rome, look no further.

Besides, the rapture you have been taught to believe in is false, the coming of Jesus is not a quite secret event, Jesus will roar with the voice of the archangel onto the scene just before judgement , he will raise the righteous dead to life and those righteous who are still alive will be caught up to be with him forever.
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
@Frosbel.

you mean what we are facing now is the tribulation? How come people are still dancing azonto and alingo when they ought to be getting beheaded? The 666 nko? The plagues?etc.
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by alexleo(m): 12:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
frosbel:

antichrists have been around since the time of John, not sure who you are waiting for.

Yeah I agree with what John wrote concerning the antichrist.

frosbel:

If it is the Man of Sin , well he is now the leader of the church of Rome, look no further.

I don't believe this.

frosbel:

Besides, the rapture you have been taught to believe in is false,

Lies.

frosbel:
the coming of Jesus is not a quite secret event, Jesus will roar with the voice of the archangel onto the scene just before judgement , he will raise the righteous dead to life and those righteous who are still alive will be caught up to be with him forever.

Who is arguing this with you and what do you mean by just before the judgment? Heading to your usual lies. Abegii...
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
Segeggs: @Frosbel.

you mean what we are facing now is the tribulation? How come people are still dancing azonto and alingo when they ought to be getting beheaded? The 666 nko? The plagues?etc.

You are mixing up things.

The bible says one of the signs of the coming of Christ is that iniquity ( evil , wickedness, perversion ) will abound. Also read 2 Timothy 3.

Secondly on the issue of beheading, I suggest you ask that question to the millions of believers who have been beheaded by the Roman empire, thrown to the wild animals, those beheaded by the catholic church , those who were beheaded but are still being beheaded in predominantly Muslim countries.

True believers will always face persecution, and many are suffering in Muslim and atheist countries today it is our duty to help them with resources and prayer.

About plagues, google the bubonic plague, small pox, chicken pox, AIDs, Ebola virus, Malaria, cancer etc. Are you waiting for an even worse plague than these ones that have literally wiped out millions from the face of the earth ?
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by alexleo(m): 2:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
Segeggs: @Frosbel.

He is lying as usual. Don't believe him. Tribulation is still coming as written in the scriptures. At least am glad that you people are begining to say no to some of his false teachings rather than the usual follow follow. Keep it up. Nobody is perfect in bible knowledge.
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 13, 2013
alexleo:

He is lying as usual. Don't believe him. Tribulation is still coming as written in the scriptures. At least am glad that you people are begining to say no to some of his false teachings rather than the usual follow follow. Keep it up. Nobody is perfect in bible knowledge.

You are so blinded it's unbelievable.

So World wars 1 and 2 where close to 200 million died is not tribulation ? Famines in Ethiopia , Sudan etc is not tribulation ? Economic crisis is not tribulation ? Christians being killed all over the world is not tribulation ? Disease plagues is not tribulation ? Islamic terrorism is not tribulation ? War all over the world, sexual perversion , paedophilia is not tribulation ? Aids is not tribulation and neither is Cancer ?

I really wonder what your tribulation will look like, we will all be dead, only then will you agree the tribulation is here , lol. grin

Mate you need to dump your traditional hat and go and study your bible again , because it is elect like you who are now full swing being deceived without evening knowing it. Quit religion and follow Jesus.
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by alexleo(m): 3:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
frosbel:

You are so blinded it's unbelievable.

So World wars 1 and 2 where close to 200 million died is not tribulation ? Famines in Ethiopia , Sudan etc is not tribulation ? Economic crisis is not tribulation ? Christians being killed all over the world is not tribulation ? Disease plagues is not tribulation ? Islamic terrorism is not tribulation ? War all over the world, sexual perversion , paedophilia is not tribulation ? Aids is not tribulation and neither is Cancer ?

I really wonder what your tribulation will look like, we will all be dead, only then will you agree the tribulation is here , lol. grin

Mate you need to dump your traditional hat and go and study your bible again , because it is elect like you who are now full swing being deceived without evening knowing it. Quit religion and follow Jesus.

You are just mixing up things here. May be when I have enough time I reply you. Stop deceiving yourself that you know the scriptures when you actual know nothing but your lies.
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by nep2ra(m): 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2013
alexleo:

Oh dear. Not again. undecided
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by alexleo(m): 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
nep2ra:

Oh dear. Not again. undecided

Yeah, not angry though. Just making an observation. Thanks.
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by nep2ra(m): 7:05pm On Jun 13, 2013
alexleo:

Yeah, not angry though. Just making an observation. Thanks.

You know, with this new attitude and approach, I think we can become friends and objectively explore and debate various controversial Bible teachings without resorting to insults.

You are very much welcome. smiley
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by Supergirlie(f): 8:10am On Jun 14, 2013
I can't help but marvel at what is being debated here. I strongly believe the Tribulation Period will come after Rapture has taken place. Jesus is coming to take His faithful followers home (Heaven) where the marriage supper will take place. While those who miss this Rapture will have just a second chance to be saved, but not so easily cos they would have to pay with their blood, unlike now when Rapture has not taken place and we are under the grace of God and the blood of Jesus Christ. Even if you don't believe this, PLEASE you have nothing to lose by abstaining from sin and doing God's will. And after you are raptured by God's grace, if you discover otherwise then so be it, rather than continue to believe that there is no tribulation coming and continue to wallow in sin and it catches you unawares; this would be a far worse case. Just accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour, take your cross and follow Him... We really need God and nothing else cos the devil is really using our ignorance to his own advantage. Let your Bible be your compass, study it, memorise it, meditate on it and practice it! Leave arguments and debates for the atheists please, the time is so short.. JESUS IS COMING SOONER THAN U EXPECT!
Re: Tribulation Rubbish by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 20, 2013
@frosbel

what about 666? Christians can still buy and sell. Are u saying that the bible exaggerated the tribulation cos i thought it would be no moment(not even a sec)of peace for christians?

(1) (Reply)

Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews / Confession Primer Of Catholics. / 80 Condemned To Death For Owning A Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.